14 – The Lord
36 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The aide came back to the jail to meet Satou. After he's there, he just stand in front of Satou cell. And after some minutes Satou said something to him.

"Ohh, what we have here? The aide that run with his tail between his leg earlier came back again" Said Satou sarcastically. That make the other person in jail laugh. Even the guard giggling. They stope after the aide glaring them thought.

"Huhf, you can said everything you want. And i really have a tail between my leg thought" Said the aide with straight face.

"Hahahaha, you also can make a joke" Satou laughing hearing the aide joke.

"Ahh, so. What did you need now?" Ask satou serious.

"I just want to ask for your forgiveness for insulting your slave" Said the aide lowering his head.

"He lowering his head""He's serious"The lord aide is lowering his head" Same small background voice can be heard, but the aide still lowering his head with seriousness.

"Huhf, you don't really meed to said that you know" Said Satou while scratching his back head.

"And you came here just for that? Uwahh, you just to serious man" Said Satou.

"Of course not! I'm not that free you know! Becoming the lord aide is came with a lot of thing. Especially dealing with people that want to lick the lord" Said the aide.

"Hehe, did the lord have that kind of fetish?" Satou cringe hearing what the aide said.

"Goshujin, fetish is what?""What nanodesu" Pochi and Tama tilt their head not knowing what it mean. The aide only facepalm.

"I didn't mean it like that Satou" the aide try to explain.

"I know, I'm just joking. And Tama, Pochi, fetish is something that person like to do. But usually only an adult have something like that"

"Can we have it if we already an adult?""Can we nanodesu?" Ask Tama and Pochi.

"Not all adult have that you know. You can became an adult even if you don't have something like that" explain Satou to Tama and Pochi.

"Huhf, i think i have a problem talking to you Satou" The aide massage his forehead.

"Yeah, because i take everything as a joke right?" Satou said with a smile.

"Yeah, that's right. Could you be a little serious here? I came here by the order of the lord you know. Usually normal people will silently listening everything" The aide ask Satou.

"Okay, sorry about that. So did the lord already give me permission to come with my slave?" Satou confirm to the aide.

"Yes, that's why I'm here right now" The aide answer to Satou.

"Okay than. But please give me some minutes to prepare a bit" Satou asking the aide.

"Yes, it's alright" Confirm the aide.

After that, Satou take out a bucket from inventory and pour water to the bucket.

"Liza, Tama, Pochi. wash your face first" tell Satou to the three.

And satou also doing the same thing.

But the other people that is in the jail shocked from what they see.

"Nii-chan. Did you have item box magic?" Ask someone form different cell.

"Yes, it's a convenient magic you know. I didn't need to bring a lot of thing on my travel" Explain Satou.

"Satou, can i know what is inside your item box? I'm sorry, it's for the lord safety" Ask the aide.

"It's okay, the one inside my item box is only my money and daily necessity. Just for emergency. If i got an accident like the labyrinth or accident that make me to be on the wild for prolonged time. That's why, a bucket and water, jerky, ingredients and cooking utensils, some clean clothes, potion and ointment if i got injured" explain Satou.

"Thanks you for answering. And Satou, i didn't think that you're a prudent person" Said the aide.

"Master, i didn't know that you can use magic to. Did all the thing that we use also from the item box? I thought you take it out from your bag?" Ask Liza to Satou.

"Ohhh, that bag is a magic bag you know. Because item box have their own limitations, so i use a magic bag too" explain Satou to Liza.

"Wait, is that wornout bag is a magic bag?" Ask the aide.

"Yes, it's a magic bag" Satou said with a poker face.

"Huhf, i really hate to have conversation with you" The aide facepalm.

"Hahahaha, but I'm enjoying myself thought" Satou laughing

***

In different place. Four people sitting around a table.

"So Jin, what do you think about Satou? How strong he is?" Ask the lord to Jin Belton.

"The first i know about him is when he save me from a spider monster cocoon. At that time he have a fast speed. I thought he is a person with lvl 20 or more. But Zena then said about his lvl is 30 when he enter the city. But seeing his fight with the eyeball demon. I think he's lvl is more than 30. And his weapon can damage that demon, while that demon can't be damage by intermediate magic, and his weapon even make a hole on it body. Not only he's strong himself. His weapon is also strong. And from that fight, i know for sure that he have a movement a lot of skill and marksman skill" explain Jin Belton.

"Huhf, so he's that strong. But from what i receive from the inspection he's more than that. He have demon slayer tittle. But strangely, he doesn't have a hero title. Why is that Miko-sama?" the lord ask Miko Ohna.

"As for that. Demon slayer is title that we can get if we kill enough demon. But for hero, it's a tittle that given by the god himself. So it's not tittle that we can get just by killing a demon or doing something. The problem is, how much demon he kill to get that tittle. And why he only in lvl 30?" explain Miko

"Did killing demon give that much lvl Miko-sama?" Ask Zena.

"I didn't know how much we got from killing a demon. But for getting a demon slayer tittle. We need to kill several demon. For example, we can get goblin slayer tittle if we kill more than 1000 goblin. And just with that, it will give you a lot of lvl. And 1000 goblin is not as strong as 10 demon. And Satou have demon slayer tittle. So, his lvl should be a round 40 or maybe 50. Because a strong magic weapon need a strong user too right?" explain Miko Ohna.

"That's true. If we need to kill ten demon to get the tittle. It in itself already give you a lot exp and plus he's a traveler. There's no way he never kill other demon beast or monster right? " Said the lord. And the three nod agreeing the lord.

"Than, he have a concealment skill. That skill is changing what yamato stone read from his status. But is that kind of skill exist?" The lord confused by his own idea.

"It's possible. He have a connection with Akon Kagura-sama. Maybe he get that skill by refusing akon Kagura-sama over" Miko Ohna give her idea.

"Ah, is this about what the white haired man said that Satou refuses Akon Kagura-sama will to make him her Hero?" Zena over her explanation.

"Yes, maybe he get a skill instead of Hero tittle from Akon Kagura-sama" Miko Ohna said.

"Huhf, either way, we can't make an enemy of him. At least we must make him our friend" The lord tell them.

"Yes my lord. And besides, he's also saved me a few times. So I can't possibly make him my enemy" Said zena to the lord.

"It's the same for the Parion temple. He give us a lot of mana potion when we still in the labyrinth. We already indebt to him. So we will stand as his friend" Miko Ohna explain to the lord.

"If you two said it like that. Isn't all the people in the labyrinth indebt to him" Said Jin Belton.

"Hahahahaha... So it's conclude. He's this town friend. And for his Slave, i can over them to free them for being a slave" Said the lord with a big smile on his face.

"Any objections?" Ask the lord.

"No, the temple didn't have any objections" Miko Ohna agree to the lord.

"My family have no objections. I own my life to him too" Jin Belton add.

"No objections my lord" Zena tell her consent.

When the four conclude their conversation. A knock can be heard from the door.

"My lord, I'm here to bring Sir Satou" Said the voice outside the room.

"Enter" Respond the lord.

After hearing the lord response. The door opened and the lord aide come in escorting Satou and the three beast folk.

"My lord, i bring Satou and his companion" Report the aide to the lord.

"Good job, you can rest. And Satou, you can sit in whenever you want. Your companion too"

Liza, Tama and Pochi hesitate to sit.

"Just sit, the lord already give you his permission right?" Said Satou to liza and than turn his head to the lord.

"It's okay, i personally give you my permission to sit at the same table with me" Said the lord.

Liza, Tama and Pochi than sit beside Satou. After they all sitting.

"Satou, i didn't really like a long chit chat. So let me ask you. What do you want for your reward after you saving my people from the labyrinth?" Said the lord without hiding anything.

Everyone stay silent in the room. There's no sound until the maid enter the room bringing their meal.

"You can think over what you want while we enjoy the meal. Don't hesitate, if you want a second, just ask" Said the lord.

"Did you will prepare it, lord?" Ask satou

"Of course" Said the lord with a confidence

"Not. The one who will prepare it is the maid. There's no way i can prepare something this delicate you know. HAHAHAHA" joke the lord after his serious answer. Jin Belton can only sigh hearing the lord.

"I thought you as an arrogant person lord" Said Satou.

"Me, arrogant. Of course I'm arrogant. Looking at my position. If I'm to be to humble. The other will be little me you know. I admit that I am an arrogant lord. But at least I'm not a cruel one" Said the lord with a smirk.

"And discrimination happen because of a reason you know" Add the lord.

"Hahahaha. I know that, lord. The beast folk got discriminated not just because of what they do in the past. But also because they didn't trying to get their own freedom and dignity back. It's from the beast folk side. As for human side..." Before Satou can continue, the lord said something.

"Human didn't want to change. No, it's more like they fear the change itself. The fear of something unpredictable" Said the lord.

"Oh, so you also aware of that, lord?"

"Of course. But even if I'm aware of that and want to change that. It's still hard if someone above me still to rigid about that" Explain the lord.

"Is the discrimination happen in all the kingdom area?" Ask Satou.

"It's not. The discrimination happen because a lot of the beast folk is a slave in the first place. And for why there's a lot of beast folk slave. It's because they happen to hate each other and try do destroy each other. I think it's also happen to the Lizardman tribe right? I think it's Weasel tribe that did that. And we as a human can't help them too you know" The lord lowering his head.

"I know about that, lord. Human politic is usually to hard to chew. Especially a greedy one" Satou sigh after said that.

"Yes!!!" The lord shout and stand from his chair. and then slump his body on the chair.

"Huhf. That one is not just hard to chew you know. It's sometimes to hard to see and listen too. Can the God make human became less greedy?" 

"Granting immortality is easier than that you know" Said Satou.

"Is it that hard? Even with education. Someone like that always born and sprouts like a mushroom" Said the lord.

"And Satou, did you a greedy one or not?" Ask the lord 

"I can proudly said that I'm a greedy person" Satou said with a seriousness.

"What kind of greedy?" Ask the lord.

"For my own happiness of course" Satou said with a smile.

"That's why, i want a permanent permit so that i can in and out from Seiryuu city without a problem. Actually i want a noble tittle if you can give me one" Said Satou.

Everyone silent hearing what Satou said.

"Are you said that knowing that i can't give you that title?" Ask the lord.

"Yes. I know you can't give me that, so i said i want that" Satou said with a smirk.

"Damn you. If i can give you that, i can make you stay in this city and make you the manager of the labyrinth. But because of a politic and this is the greedy one. I can't give you that. Sorry." Said the lord lowering his head.

"Hahahaha, it's okay lord. I know that, just give me the permit and can i ask you a carriage? Two horses drawn if you can" Ask Satou.

"Why? Did you already have a plan to leaving the city?" The lord ask Satou.

"Not yet, i still not yet meet the people i search for. Actually i want to meet this person with Zena when we go out last time. But because of the labyrinth accident, i can't meet this person. And the carriage will be use for us if we want to out of town. Because now i have people that will follow me" explain Satou and while looking at the three beast folk.

 

"How long will you stay? I hope you can train the soldier about the labyrinth. You as a traveler must know a lot of knowledge right?" ask the lord.

"I can, but it will be a job you know. And because it's a job" Satou pause his sentence.

"I know. I will prepare different gold for this one" Said the lord with a smile.

"Than we got a deal" Satou give the lord thump up.

"Now, that the problem is already conclude. Let's just enjoy the meal. And talking about something good" Said the lord while loft up his glass.

"Even if you said something good. There's nothing good happen for the last few day right? Especially the army and the temple" Ask satou.

"Ohh, where did you hear that Satou? I thought you always inside the jail right?" Jin Belton ask Satou.

"Nah, it's just an elementary deduction. Labyrinth is full of monster and miasma. So the busiest will be the security that is the army. And the purification that is the temple right" Explain Satou.

"Hei Satou. Would you merry Zena?" Ask the lord.

Zena chock hearing the lord question. And Satou using his almighty poker face skill success to hide his surprised face.

"Is that alright? If Zena and her family okay with that. I'm happy to take it" Said Satou with a smile.

Zena face became red as a tomato hearing what Satou said and she can only lowered her head to hid her embracement.

"But, i can't married before i reach 18 year old thought. It's like a tradition from my parents. And I'm still on my 15" Explain Satou with a little disappointed face.

"Ohh, is it also a religion thing?" Ask Jin Belton with his surprised face.

"But, didn't you said that you not a believer of God?" Miko Ohna said her argument.

"No, it's not a religion purpose. It's because of health problem. My father said if a man married to fast, they will wither to fast too. So he said i must enjoy my life before i cage myself with a wife. And my mother said that man before 18 didn't have much vigor, so i must prepare myself before i married someone. So that i can satisfied my partner" Explain Satou with his usual poker face.

The people in the room chocked hearing it. After that they all talking about some off Satou traveling story. And the talking about Satou marrying Zena also become more serious that it will be talking for other time after the lord talking it woth Zena parents. And the meal finally end. Jin Belton, Miko Ohna, and Zena go back to their own respective work. As for Satou and the beast folk.

"Satou, you and your companions can stay in here for some day until your house arrest conclude. And for your companions, what do you want to do? If you want to free them, i can help you" Said the lord.

"No, it's better for them to be a slave for now. If they got freed from slavery. Someone will kidnapped them and sell them again. But if they're a slave, at least they got the kingdom law to protect them" Explain Satou.

"Then, you should establish the official contract as soon as possible. You can do that after your house arrest. And it can be done with almost all slave marchant" Explain the lord to Satou.

/So it's not an easy problem to solve. I can ask Nidoren to do that to them. And i can ask him to search for that purple haired girl too/

"oh right, lord. Can i ask you something about all those people that got house arrest?" Ask satou to the lord.

"What about them?" The lord confused.

"Their meal. You should give them better meal. Give them Scrambled vegetables, warm soup and black bread and water for morning. Meat screwed, white bread, and water for afternoon. And warm soup, black bread and meat screwed and ale for dinner. Its not that expensive, and you can use a monster meat. Also prepare them a separate man and woman place for them to take a shower" Explain Satou.

"heh, and why should i do that?" The lord see no benefit in doing all these things.

"To relieve public anxiety. So they don't feel pressured and act unreasonably. Usually, rebellions occur because the people is not satisfied or pressured by the way the government operates their policies" Satou with his usual poker face explain everything to the lord.

"Huhf, it's not that easy to do you know" Said the lord with a tired voice.

"I can instruct one of your cook how to use monster meat. Is not that i give that idea without a solution you know" Satou smirk toward the lord.

"Are you serious? You will train our cook to use the monster meat. How much you want?" The lord said it straight.

"Nah, i didn't want money for this. Just let me use the library and teach them etiquette" Satou said that while pointing toward the beast folk.

"Deal" The lord forward his hand and Satou take it.

***

After that, Satou and the three stay at the lord castle. Everyday, Satou train the cook to prepare a monster meat and Liza, Tama, and Pochi training their etiquette.

"Satou, is this the same technique to make a deep fry?" Ask the cook.

"Yes, it's the same. The difference only in the way we use the seasoning. For this one we soak the meat for 1 hour to make the seasoning permeate into the meat. After the meat got soaked. We can deep fry them, grill, or just fry them on small oil too" Explain Satou to the cook.

"With just that step, we can make a lot of dish. That a good way of cooking" Satou became close to the castle cook after that.

The three beast folk actually eager to learn etiquette. Even thought they didn't want to learn it. But after their teacher said that if they didn't know etiquette, it will be bad for Satou. They learn everything they need to know.

And Satou also learn everything he can in the library. And in that time he also learn something new about his inventory.

'Host, you didn't need to read everything right know'

'Why, we can't bring the book in here out you know'

'I learn something new about our inventory'

'What is it this time? Last time i can read without taking out the book'

'And now, we can do scan on a book and make a digital copy of it in the inventory. It's an e-book in the true form!'

'What? Seriously? I can just scan everything and read it later?'

'Yes you can. It's also can scan an image and color to. It can scan everything that's written or drawn either on paper or other medium'

'So that's also mean that i can scan a magic circle from a scroll right?'

'Khakhakhakha, of course you can. With this you didn't need to personally own a book to read the content. As long as you can touch it. You can scan it and make a copy of it'

'Hehehehe. Let's copy everything in here!'

'Oouhhh!'

3