24 – Labyrinth Again
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, after breakfast and shower. Satou and the others were waiting for captain Kigouri to pick them up to go to the lord's castle.

"Satou-san, where are you going? How come you're ready so early? And the others too?" Martha who was in the lobby asked Satou.

"We're just going to the lord's castle. We're just waiting for captain Kigouri to pick us up" replied Satou with a straight face.

"Sorry, I may have heard wrong. Where did you say you were going, Satou-san?" Martha repeated her question because she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Lord's castle, here we are waiting to be picked up by captain Kigouri"

Of course Martha was shocked to hear Satou's words. The normal citizen could never get close to the lord's castle, let alone enter the castle. It was like a dream come true. While Martha was busy with melamine, captain Kigouri entered the inn.

"Satou, are you ready?" captain Kigouri immediately asked when he saw Satou.

"Yes but, have you had breakfast, captain? If not, you can eat here first, I'll pay for it"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, just eat first"

Hearing the offer from Satou, captain Kigouri was very happy and immediately ordered the recommended food for the day.

After captain Kigouri finished eating and everything was ready. Satou and the others set off towards the lord's castle with captain Kigouri.

Arriving at the lord's castle, Satou could see Zena, Iona, Lilio and Ruu, as well as soldiers and strangers gathered in the castle's front yard. But Satou's gaze stopped at the three people.

'Nidoren and his slaves'

'Their lvl isn't bad hosts, especially that red haired man and that purple haired woman'

"Master, that girl seems to be reincarnated like me" Arisa tugged on Satou's robe.

"Perhaps, reincarnation can't be seen just from status alone. We need to check with the person directly"

"If she is indeed someone who is reincarnated, what will you do?" Arisa asks with a slightly worried tone.

'Arisa sounded a little anxious host. Maybe she's worried that you'll leave him if you have another slave who is also a reincarnated person'

'It could be'

"Nothing. Besides, I'm not looking for a reincarnated person. I'm looking for someone useful"

Arisa looks relieved when she hears Satou's answer.

After Satou arrived, and gathered with the others in the front yard of the castle, the lord's maid came out.

"As a representative of the lord. I thank you all for coming here. As for why you were all asked to come here, we can discuss it elsewhere. Please follow me"

The lord's aide walked towards a building and the others followed him. After arriving at the building, they went inside. Inside the building, there are already many neatly arranged chairs and chairs that look majestic on higher ground. After everyone had taken their seats, the lord's aide exited the building through another door. A few minutes later the lord entered the building.

"Thank you all for coming" Lord said after he sat down on the reserved seat.

"I summoned all of you here for reasons related to the labyrinth that emergence a few days ago"

The Lord fell silent after saying that. Everyone who came and didn't know about the existence of the labyrinth whispered to one another.

"I know that some of you don't know about the emergence of a labyrinth in this city. But I can confirm that it really exists, and that some of you have even entered it before."

Hear the words of the lord. All became silent.

"There are a few things I would like to say at this time." The Lord didn't wait for them to think and went straight to the point that needed to be discussed.

"First. Slave marchant Nidoren, I ask you to prepare slaves who understand labyrinths or have been to labyrinths, who are usually adventurers. Have you prepared them?" With a firm tone, the lord spoke to Nidoren.

Nidoren immediately stood up because the lord called his name.

"Yes, I have prepared everything, Lord." With a little haste, Nidoren answered the Lord's question.

"I prepared all the slaves who used to be adventurers. From rank D to rank B. There are a total of 10 slaves, lord"

"All of you, kneel down to the lord" Nidoren ordered all his slaves.

All of Nidoren's slaves immediately stood up and walked in front of the lord's seat and knelt before the lord.

"Good, how much do all of them cost?" Lord smiled as he looked at all the slaves kneeling before him.

"I prepared 2 B ranks for 200 gold coins, 4 C ranks for 200 gold coins, and 4 D ranks for 100 gold coins. So the total price is 500 gold coins. I purposely prepared slaves who didn't have much trouble, so they can be used immediately."

"Good, then I'll take them all. I'll prepare the payment after this. We'll finish the handover at another time" Lord was pleased with what Nidoren had prepared and immediately finished what he needed.

"Next, captain Kigouri. Labyrinth survey, was it smooth?"

"My Lord. As for the labyrinth. We have a problems. So far, we can only enter up to the room where the spider monster is. Due to the passage and the room after that has too many monsters appearing in groups and lots of traps" Captain Kigouri explained to the lord.

Hearing the explanation from captain Kigouri. The lord was a little annoyed and his face was a little wry. Meanwhile the slaves who were also adventurers felt a little happy because they could still do what they were good at even though they were slaves now.

"Can't you do anything Kigouri?"

"I'm sorry. That's beyond my control, my lord. Apart from the group of monsters. There's a lot of very cruel trap. Actually the casualties have decreased since we got a little input from Satou that was conveyed through Zena. And this is the maximum result from us even though some have been trained by Satou, but it's still not enough" Captain Kigouri looked a little regretful.

'Regret for your own incompetence'

'Actually it's not his fault he's also a partner. This city has never had a labyrinth. So it's beyond his control.'

Lord looked at Satou "Thanks for helping. Actually I don't want to bother you anymore with this matter. But sorry. Due to my inability. I have to ask for your help again, Satou"

"Hai, hai. no problem. I actually also want permission to enter the labyrinth again so i can train them" Satou said while pointing at Arisa and the others.

"So am I allowed to take them along with the other soldiers?" Satou asked to be sure.

"Go ahead, as long as you don't forget your duty to train my soldiers." The lord give his permits but with a condition.

"Relax. If they do what Liza and the others did. I'm sure they can get to the bottom room in a week." Satou said confidently. 

The others didn't believe what Satou said, they felt that Satou was too arrogant.

"I don't care what you think. If you don't believe what I say, we'd better see what we can do in the labyrinth right now." Satou was a little irritated.

"Besides, there's nothing more for us to talk about right?" Those who knew with Satou's power could only smile.

But those who didn't know looked very angry.

"That's fine. The sooner the better. The sooner my soldiers can finish the labyrinth. The sooner the labyrinth will be. It is open to the public. That way, this city can grow even more." With the approval of the lord.

Satou and the others along with the slaves bought by the lord accompanied by captain Kigouri and the other captains immediately headed to the labyrinth.

***

Arriving at the entrance of the labyrinth Satou gave Liza and the others a briefing. He also took out two magic staffs. 

"Liza, Pochi and Tama, do as you guys usually do. Arisa, I allow you to use magic, and please keep an eye on Lulu. For Lulu, you follow Arisa's directions." Liza and the others nodded their heads.

Then Lulu raised her hand. "But master, I can't use magic at all." Lulu lowered her head.

"Don't worry. I'll tell us later how to use an easy magic. Even children can do it." Lulu just smiled.

But those who heard Satou's words were shocked. Magic can not be used easily, it requires rigorous practice and in a long time. So, they thought that Satou was just joking.

After all ready. Liza as the leader enters first. Then Pochi and the other. Followed by Satou as supervisor and then captain Kigouri and the others followed closely behind.

They didn't find any monsters at all. The first room where Satou killed the eyeball demon. The room after that was filled with skeletons. A room filled with slime. Even the rooms after that.

"Why are there no monsters at all?" Captain Kigouri was confused.

"We often clean the room until the room that we can find spider monsters. However, monsters are always there. Why aren't monsters showing up now?" Captain Kigouri have a worried face.

"Labyrinth Shift. Occurs when there is a change in the labyrinth. Usually occurs due to the appearance of a strong monster. We better get out. If it's like I thought, it'll be very dangerous." The former B rank adventurer was very anxious.

"Is the monster that came out as strong as a middle rank demon?" Satou asked.

"If such a powerful demon appears. We will all die for sure!!!" The former adventurer was furious.

"If the monsters are only that strong. I think we're still safe. But if I feel there are 3 middle rank demons or high rank demons, we get out quickly. I can't possibly fight high rank demons while protecting all of you."

Captain Kigouri and the other soldiers just nodded. But all the former adventurers felt that Satou's arrogance was too much. The former B rank adventurer looks very angry and is about to attack Sarou. However, captain Kigouri stopped him.

"Don't do anything stupid. Satou is someone who can singlehandedly kill a middle rank demon. And he can even injure a high rank demon. If you're not as strong as a demon lord. Don't expect you to be able to touch him." Captain Kigouri tells the former adventurer so that he's not doing anything he shouldn't.

Hearing what Captain Kigouri said, all the former adventurers were shocked. While everyone is still in a state of disbelief with Satou's strength, Pochi says something.

"There's a monster in the room." Pochi points to a room not far from all of them.

"Do you know what the monster is?" Liza calmly asks Pochi.

"No, but the monster has a lot of legs." Pochi shook her head.

"Caterpillars?" Liza tilted her head.

"No. Spiders." Tama tells Liza.

/The detections from Pochi and Tama are spot on. And the lvl of the monsters wasn't too high for them. I'd better let them kill the monsters by themselves./

After that Satou asked Liza. "Liza, as the leader of this party. What are you going to do so you guys can go deeper?"

Liza thought for a moment. "I don't know, I have to see what kind of monster it is to know what strategy I should use. Moreover, now there's Arisa who can use magic. And Lulu who might also be able to use magic." Liza paused for a moment before continuing her explanation.

"If the monsters are the same as what we faced last time, it will be easier. If the monsters are different. Improvisation might be needed."

Satou smiled. "Good, carry on."

After hearing Satou's permission, Liza gathered Pochi and the others. They chatted for a while and then continued on their way.

In front of the room, Liza gave a signal for everyone to stop. Then Liza slowly peeked into the room. After a few minutes, Liza returned to meet the others.

"I only saw one monster. It's a spider monster, but its shape is slightly different from last time. The color of the back is not black but there is a slight red tinge. So maybe this monster has a different ability." Satou nodded his head hearing what Liza said.

"Arisa, Lulu, you guys come here for a bit." Hearing Satou's call, Arisa and Lulu immediately approach Satou. Satou then whispered something to the two. Arisa's face looks shocked but then a mischievous look on her face and Lulu looks a little worried.

"Don't worry too much. I'm behind you." After hearing Satou's words, Liza and the others seemed calmer.

After a few minutes of preparing a strategy to fight the spider monster, Liza and the others were ready. Liza looks at Arisa and she replies by nodding her head.

Seeing Arisa reply back, Liza immediately ran into the room and immediately tried to attack the monster. Pochi and Tama caught up with her, but they both ran to the left and right side of the monster. Meanwhile Arisa and Lulu stood quietly and pointed the magic staff in their hands.

They said something and the tip of the magic staff. "Liza, I'm ready!" Hearing Arisa's scream, Liza, Pochi and Tama immediately jumps to the side. And the monster who heard Arisa's voice, immediately turned its head away from Liza and the other, and turned its attention to Arisa.

"Lulu, shoot!!!" With Arisa's scream. Arisa and Lulu shoot mana balls at the spider monster. Arisa's shot hits the monster's head right, but Lulu's shot misses and only hits the monster's back leg.

"SREEEEKKKK!!!!"

The spider monster groans in pain after being shot by Arisa and Lulu. Didn't want to waste the opportunity. Liza immediately slashed the front leg of the monster, Pochi slashed the right hind leg, and Tama on the left.

After receiving attacks from Liza and the others, the spider monster tried to jump at Liza. However, Arisa shoots another mana ball and hits the monster's head again.

After being hit by Arisa's shot, the monster lay down helplessly. After seeing a near-dead monster. Arisa prepares to fire her magic again. But, Liza stopped him.

"Liza, why did you stop me?" Arisa asked.

"Let the monster be the target practice for Lulu to practice using her magic." Liza answered with a straight face.

"Let's just say, last hit kill gets more experience." Satou interrupts Liza and Arisa's conversation.

"So whoever gets the last hit will get more experience so they can lvl up faster?" Arisa stated her analysis.

"That's right, and we can also get skills based on what we do during the exp gathering process to get to lvl. So if Lulu shoots magic continuously until she levels up, then Lulu will definitely get a marksman if she can shoot her magic properly. target." Everyone who heard Satou's words were stunned. How to get skills is already known.

"However, acquiring skills after leveling up was something new for all of them to know. It should also be understood that not everyone can get the same skills just by doing the same thing. Many things affect the process of getting skills. One of them is Race and talent." Everyone was stunned by what Satou said.

Regardless of what was happening around him, Satou told Lulu to fire his magic at the monster. Lulu obeys Satou's orders and shoots magic at the monsters.

However, since Lulu was still an amateur, she couldn't hit the target at all. Lulu lowered her head feeling disappointed with herself.

"Don't mind." Satou patted Lulu's shoulder to comfort her.

"Maybe I picked the wrong weapon for you." Satou thought for a while before he finally took out a gun from his bag.

"Maybe you're better suited to this." Satou gave the gun to Lulu. Lulu smiled seeing the gun she received.

'Perhaps she really prefers a magic gun.'

'I thought she was happy about something else?'

'Huh? What do you mean he's happy about something else? Did you mean that I also use a gun of the same shape?'

'Huhf'

'Why should she be happy with such a small thing? If he wants, he can use the water gun I have.'

'Since you know this place is harmless to you, you've become a little more daring.'

'Huahahahaha...'

'Stop laughing so forcefully. That sounds weird.'

After joking around with Dea a bit, Satou turned his attention back to Lulu.

"Lulu, hold it with your two hands."

Satou stood behind Lulu and held both her hands and directed Lulu's hand on the gun. Lulu's face looks very red with embarrassment.

In the middle of Satou explaining how to use the gun to Lulu who couldn't focus due to embarrassment, suddenly Satou was hit in the head from behind.

BONK

"Ouch, this is hurts you know. Zena." Satou turned his head and saw Zena's face slightly reddened.

"Stop flirting with her." Zena said with a bit of embarrassment.

"Hmmm. It's not a matter of me flirting with Lulu or not. I'm just teaching Lulu how to manage her mana. So that she can use this gun. Also, this gun needs a slightly absurd amount of mana for this gun to work. So for now, I have to help Lulu replenish the mana for this gun."

"How much? There's no way a magic item needs as much mana as you say. Maybe it's because you have so little mana, so you think it needs a lot of mana." Sneered the former C rank adventurer after hearing Satou's words.

Hearing Satou being ridiculed, Liza became furious. Liza immediately approached the former adventurer and thrust the spear she was carrying.

DUUUAAAARRR

A loud sound was heard and everyone couldn't believe what they were seeing. Liza with the speed she has looks like she lunged at the former adventurer in an instant. But what made them even more disbelieving was the incident after Liza lunged at the former adventurer.

With such a loud sound, it is certain that the power that Liza mustered cannot be underestimated. But, that much power can be stopped. That's right, the loud noise happened because Satou stopped Liza's attack. What was more surprising was that Satou stopped Liza using only his index finger.

Satou, with just his index finger stopped Liza who was using her power with the intention to kill the former adventurer. In other words. Satou has more power than Liza, so he can stop Liza with just his index finger. And he's faster than Liza, because he can get in front of the former adventurer to stop Liza.

Liza was surprised that someone had stopped her, she jumped back with the intention of attacking once more. But she then smiled after seeing his master in front of him.

"Master? As I thought, master would be able to stop me. But why? Isn't someone like him just going to became a trouble at later time?" Liza tilted her head.

Satou who saw that couldn't help but sigh and walked slowly towards Liza. After he was in front of Liza, he flicked Liza's forehead.

With a smile, Satou said. "Bad kid, need to be punished."

Liza's face is full of despair after hearing Satou's words.

3