Chapter 5 – City of Esron
230 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

City of EsronSix months had passed, Yui became the personal maid of Ezekill. At first Yui assumed that taking care of Ezekill was a cakewalk. Because the first month of taking care of Ezekill was easy, he never cried or caused a fuss. He never slipped away from her sight but little did she know it was not. After Ezekill learned how to walk, he started to move everywhere. The small library, garden, storage, outside on their lawn, etcetera.

 

Ezekill would slip away even though Yui kept an eye on him. How he did it was a mystery. Ezekill was an uncanny child, a very very mysterious child.

 

When Yui heard the incident, she doubted that a child killed a giant rat, she thought it was probably a trap for wild beasts that strays inside that killed it. But after three months that belief slowly faded.

 

She wasn’t a careless maid nor an ordinary one, it would be impossible for a child to vanish on her sight. So she concluded that Ezekill was an uncanny child.

 

That cat and mouse game had formed a bond between Yui and Ezekill. She loved the child, she swore that she would protect him even if it cost her life. The cat and mouse game would soon be over, as his erratic behavior soon would change. Ezekill wouldn’t disappear as he expected to.

 

Yui found Ezekill secluded himself inside the library. Yui would monitor Ezekill in case he would disappear again.

 

Another strange thought came to her mind, how Ezekill would read the books he didn’t even learn the alphabets yet.

 

Ezekill would be surrounded by books, piles of books. As if he was reading them but the thought of a child reading would be strange. Yui discarded the thought again. Ezekill seemed to understand the contents of the books. It was really strange for Yui. His eyes were dazzling with knowledge, everyday he would walk inside the Library.

 

Yui never disturbed Ezekill when he ‘studies’, he was a hard working enigmatic child. She thought.

 

Yui felt a strange feeling when she carried Ezekill, the strange feeling she felt was getting stronger when Ezekill almost reached one year. She felt that Ezekill was smiling like the corners of his mouth would rise, and he would pant. She thought that it was just her imagination, there was no way a baby would be like that.

 

Ezekill had learned through the books about the tradition of the Ascion kingdom. The women of the kingdom would wear veils to cover the hair and very long gloves to cover the arms; Although he never saw his mom wore veils and long gloves.

 

The City of Esron was the City Ezekill was living in, Apple district also known as Rich Haven. It had a population of two hundred twenty-eight thousand four hundred forty people. It was one of the major cities of the Ascion Kingdom. The city was divided into four major districts, the district of middle class Fey orchard, Apple District were the nobles and rich lives also known as Rich haven, low class citizens lived in Wheatstreet. The city used the newer measuring system like everyone else, that was introduced by the current Magnus of the Order of Magnus. Called Mila’s Modern Measurement System, basically the metric system but renamed. She literally named it after herself.

 

The City of Esron had a high literacy rate, even low class citizens are literate. It was surprising for Ezekill, for it was the era similar to the sword and shield era of his previous world.

 

The building had a square, rectangular, symmetrical appearance. Arches are often used in arcades, supported on piers or columns with capitals. Vaults don’t have ribs. They were semi- circular or segmental and on a square plan. The materials of the building were made of stones, brick, asphalt shingles, etcetera.

 

The biggest income that made the economy of Esron was from Mana-stones that were mined, second was from fishing, and lastly treasures from the labyrinth and dungeons.

 

Esron Adventurer’s Guild had recently discovered a SS rank labyrinth, every time the sun went to sleep the monsters from the labyrinth respawned. It would keep respawning until it was cleared. There was still much more to learn before they venture deeper. 

 

After experimenting, Ezekill had learned that each attribute can be raised manually. Strength, Endurance, and Agility can be raised by intense labor, running, or any physical exertion. Wisdom and Intelligence by learning, knowing, and reading. Constitution by getting hurt. The reason why he was moving around was grinding his stats.

[Ezekill Raylight]

 

[Stats]

Level: 2
EXP: 800/1000

HP: 50/50

MP: 1100/1100

SP: 200/200

Sta: 50/50

 

[Attribute Points: 12]

STR: 3

AGI: 3

Cons: 3

Endurance: 3

Wis: 10

Int: 10

 

[Magic]

 

Magic theory.

 

Light affinity: Pillar of Light, Bend Light(NEW)

 

[Abilities]

Velocity Manipulation

Swordsmanship boost.

 

[NO SKILLS DETECTED]

[Title]

Sister’s love


[Passive]

True arcane core

The Guide

Blessings of Herana.

 

I deliberately hurt myself, exhausted myself to death and I only raised two stats each. It was harder than he thought.

“It’s his birthday today, what shall we do darling?” Lina asked Rudolf.

 

“I think we should go out for lunch, and let Ezekill choose his gift!” Rudolf answered.

 

“Then I’ll go prepare.” She rang a bell.

 

The maids who heard the bell went to the main hall, Lina told them to help her dress.

Rudolf went upstairs, he saw Yui at the front door standing. Yui saw Rudolf and bowed her head, she jerked the knob and opened the door.

 

Rudolf entered the library, he saw Ezekill staring at the book flipping each page.

 

“Happy Birthday my boy.” He kissed his cheeks.

 

Rudolf sat beside Ezekill, he observed Ezekill it seemed he understood the contents of the book. The way his eyes move.

 

“Aura Mastery for noobs, interesting choice.” He tilted the book a bit.

“But you need to get dressed, my boy! Your sister is waiting!” He added.

 

Ughhh I’m not done yet. He rebelled on his thoughts.

 

Rudolf carried Ezekill. He passed Ezekill to Yui.

“Dress him up, I’ll go to Sofia.” He smiled.

 

She nodded, and as she walked towards his room, they passed the storage room, Sofia’s room, and the master’s room, and many more rooms. They arrived, she opened the door and closed it after they got inside. She put him on his cradle, she opened his closet, it took her awhile to select what he would wear. She finally selected clothes. Yui took Ezekill and undressed him. Ezekill blushed; he was still not used to being undressed by Yui.

 

This is still embarrassing, ahhhh stop staring at my pp! He thought.

 

After a few minutes of dressing, he wore white tunic, an expensive looking black vest, a black ribbon tie, a black hat and a black pants paired with black boots. She lifted Ezekill.

 

“Cute.” She blushed.

 

They went to the main hall, everyone was already waiting for them.

 

“You’re late!” Sofia told Yui.

 

“Sorry little princess.” Yui lowered her head.

 

His mother wore an Elegant red-gold corset dress, his sister Sofia wore a cute blue dress. His father was wearing a black suit with an overcoat.

 

This is my first time going outside after a year of being born. He thought.

 

They marched outside and a carriage was waiting, the coachman yawned. They got inside the carriage, the carriage moved.

 

The buildings they saw were beautiful, the polished stone buildings had intricate designs, even though it was uniformed to match the aesthetics. Seeing it in person amazed Ezekill, it was more beautiful than the books described. It reminds him of Renaissance architecture on Earth. The stone roads were well maintained, a maintenance worker croached as he inspected the stone.

 

As expected of Rich haven, the security of the district was tight. Knights were everywhere on the streets patrolling, fully armed knights and mages flying above the sky.

 

The huge fortress was visible, no castle on earth could compare its humongous size. Magnificent view, it had three towers, the tallest one stands out the most.

 

The crowd Ezekill saw had weapons, one orc had a really impractical huge axe the length of the axe almost hit the ground, the axe head was bigger than the users head. For reference Rudolf was tall standing like a tower among the humans but his size was dwarfed by that orc. But size wasn't everything; the stats of the orc didn’t even reach half of Rudolf. If they got into a fight Rudolf would win in a landslide. 

 

HOLY SHIT CAT GIRL! He thought.

 

Ezekill saw a skimpy beastwoman, she had a lot of knives buckled around her waist. She wore a very skimpy short, she had no tops, her hair covered her huge rocks.

 

They arrived at the destination.

 

This place is a tavern not what I expected. He thought.

 

One guard opened the door, and the family went out of the carriage. The guards went inside first and announced.

 

“Make way for your Lord and Lady Raylight!” The Guard captain howled.

 

The crowd moved out of the way, the Raylights moved inside the tavern. The Guard captain bowed her head and pointed the way.

 

The crowd weren’t peasant looking scrubs, they wore expensive dress, and outfits but they paid respect when they walked inside.

 

Woah, this is not a freaking tavern but a fucking expensive restaurant. He thought

 

Rudolf already reserved the biggest table in the tavern, Ezekill looked above the chandelier and looked like sparkling diamonds, emitted a bright white light. The tavern had marble pillars, beams, and floors.

 

They sat, and the waiter approached Rudolf. Rudolf didn’t bother to take a look, and ordered everything on the menu. Rudolf also ordered for the workers of the tavern. The waiter bowed his head and thanked him.

 

“I’m a regular here darling.” Rudolf started a conversation with Lina.

“Oh really? Since when?” She replied.

“I always came here since we settled here on Esron. When I’m on a break,”he replied.

 

Ezekill felt a gaze behind him, he looked back but saw no suspicious individual. But everyone was looking at him, the ladies whispered at each other while making a giggle. The lady waved at him.

 

Ehhhhh! 

 

He waved back, and the lady giggled again. Yui saw what happened and glared at them. She felt annoyed, really really annoyed.

 

 Soon after the food arrived.

 

The first one to arrive was the humongous chocolate cake, next a deep fried turkey with honey bourbon glaze, roasted duck with orange-ginger glaze, Crispy trout with a parsley-caper vinaigrette, and many more dishes.

 

I’m so blessed, thank you goddess!

 

Yui staffed his mouth with delicious dishes, with different mouth watering flavors. But too bad the baby's stomach was small. He couldn’t eat everything but Yui made sure he tasted a lot of dishes, she was the best personal maid ever. At the end Ezekill’s stomach felt bloated.

 

God, I’m so full but I wanna eat more! Aaaaaaaaaa this infantile body! He screamed inside.

 

The owner gave a twenty percent discount as a gift for Ezekill’s birthday. Every customer gave their greetings and regards to Ezekill, and the workers thanked Rudolf for the food he ordered for them.

 

They sat and relaxed as their stomachs were full, the soldiers ate in turns to make sure the family was well guarded. All of them were disciplined, but a mortal wasn’t made perfect.

 

“Ezekill what do you want for your birthday? Do you want a book? A sword?” Rudolf asked while making faces trying to entertain his son.

 

I can’t wait to grow up, I’m done with dad’s making stupid faces and stupid baby voice. He frowned in annoyance.

 

“He loves books.” Yui replied.

 

“But we already have a lot of collections. I saw him looking at the knights patrolling, he probably wants a sword!”

 

Bruh, well I won’t lie that I kinda want my own sword. He thought

 

“Speaking of gifts, I have something for you, my baby.” She took a rectangular box.

 

She opened the box and a sapphire looking stone revealed itself. She took the pendant and wore it on the neck of Ezekill.

 

“What are we waiting for? Let's go to the weapon shop!” Rudolf spoke with excitement.

 

The weapon shop was close there was no need to ride the carriage, they had a short walk. The guards followed.

 

“The Enlightened Spear.” Rudolf read the sign.

 

They moved inside, a different kind of weapon appeared on Ezekill’s peripheral vision. Ezekill looked around, there were a lot of different kinds of polearm, swords, and maces of different qualities. The damage was ranging from ten to a hundred, some were enchanted, some were ordinary. But all of them are too heavy for him, there weren’t a lot of choices.

 

“I want a dagger for my birthday boy here! Give me a mithril one!” He said

 

“I have something better, do you want to take a look?” The blacksmith replied.

 

“Sure, I’ll take a look.” Rudolf replied.

 

He took a small chest behind the counter, and displayed it. He opened the small chest. A silver elven dagger with mana stone pammel. Ezekill peeked at its stats, it was an uncommon magic weapon, the damage was only ten to fifteen probably from its length. But it could summon a companion.

 

“This is a magic dagger, this thing summons a dire wolf when the user feels threatened, the user doesn’t need to know how to summon it perfectly fit for a noble's children.” He said.

 

“I’ll take it.” Rudolf replied.

 

“That would be fifty gold” The blacksmith said.

 

“You love to rip off nobles do you? But I’ll take it since I’m in a good mood.” Rudolf smiled.

 

Rudolf bought the silver dagger, and presented it to Ezekill. Ezekill showed a happy expression, Rudolf smiled.

 

I have a dagger! I always wanted to carry a weapon! He thought.

 

They rode the carriage, and went home.

 

The sun fell, and the night came soon after. Everyone fell asleep.

 

[AUTOSAVE!]

 

A shadowy figure silently crawled.

 

No one noticed, it crawled and crawled slowly getting near. It went inside. Inside the room of Ezekill.

11