Chapter 6 – Abduction
159 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The shadowy figure scanned the darkened room, it slowly crawled towards the cradle and made no sound as it got closer to the cradle. The shadowy figure used the High Appraisal ability on Ezekill. A warning popped out.

 

[You have been appraised!]

 

The warning made Ezekill wake up, he woke up the shadowy figure materialized on his peripheral vision. He gasped as an unknown figure gazed at him. The figure took Ezekill out of his cradle, Ezekill bellowed for help. She stick something on Ezekill’s mouth.

 

Yui got startled, she woke up and stood up. A dagger flew; she barely saw the dagger and moved her head out of its trajectory. She dodged the dagger, the shadowy figure sprinted towards Yui. She kicked Yui into the wall, and took another dagger and stabbed her chest. Yui screamed in agony, the shadowy figure ran towards the window.

 

The guards were alarmed, so as Rudolf he gasped and quickly took his longsword. He Blinked towards Ezekill’s room. He saw Yui bleeding on the bed, his eyes widened when he noticed Ezekill was gone. Somebody took him, he panicked and prioritized his son. Leaving Yui alone, bleeding.

 

Rudolf Blinked again, he was outside the gate, he scanned the surroundings. Terror struck, he put his hands on his head. He was thinking while he looked around. He saw someone on the street running.

 

It was the figure who took Ezekill.

 

Rudolf released an Aura, fixing his focus on the figure, enhancing his entire body.

He zoomed, breaking the sound barrier, it took only seconds to catch up with the criminal. Unfortunately the criminal wasn’t alone, another figure popped out and used his own momentum to stun him, the criminal sucker punched him. The punch redirected him, Rudolf 's body rotated. He blacked out.

 

The guards ran outside the mansion, they searched the perimeter and the guards saw the unconscious champion.

 

The Captain woke Rudolf. She slapped him, and he regained consciousness. Rudolf quickly stood up, he panicked, he looked around again. They were gone.

Rudolf screamed, he raged, he fell to his knees and cried. He failed again, failing to protect his son.

 

Morning came, Rudolf and his guards rode off to wheatstreet towards the adventurer’s guild headquarters Esron branch. They arrived at the adventurer’s guild hall, he slammed a crumpled quest paper on the table.

 

“Make this quest the highest priority now! As the marquess of Ascion. Find my son!” Rudolf howled.

 

“Please I’ll give a huge reward for the adventurer that would find my son.” His voice cracked and he cried.

 

He fell to his knees, the guild staff was shocked.

 

She nodded, accepted the request and announced.

 

“New Emergency Quest! Find Marquess Raylight’s son! Reward five thousand gold pieces!”

 

Ezekill was thrown into a cell, he looked back and saw that he wasn’t alone. There were many children abducted. The age differs from one-year-old to nine-years-old. They were in a timid state, Ezekill thought they were probably threatened when they cried.

 

The hideout was made of stones, mud, and wood. Ezekill thought this place wasn’t inside the walls of the city. Even the poorest district inside the wall wasn't like this, according to the descriptions of the book he read.

 

Fuck fuck fuck, I got kidnap! He thought.

 

He stood up, and walked towards the bars. He tried to escape from the gaps but it was too tight. It was stupid but nice try nonetheless.

 

Ezekill heard a conversation.

 

“We hit a jackpot! I told you! high risk! High reward!” She celebrated.

 

“That was scary Rona, and a bold move abducting the son of Raylight.” Big Joe replied.

“I know you could do the job Joe! You knocked him out! See all is well!” Rona replied.

 

“He let his guard down, if he saw I was coming then, I would for sure lose an arm, probably the whole body.” He shivered.

 

“Stop that negative thought, we will be paid a lot! Finding someone with True arcane core was a catch!” Rona replied.

 

What! They kidnapped me because of my arcane core!?

 

“Wait rona! That’s a bad idea!” Big Joe told Rona.

 

Footsteps can be heard, they walked towards the cell.

 

“Let me see his face again, I probably won't see him again. Too bad he would be a pretty boy when he hits puberty.” Rona replied.

 

It was that cat chick! Dammit!

 

Rona had long black hair, she had a fluffy black tail and cat ears.

Big Joe had furry hair on his back, he was large, he had a round belly and a bear like features. Big Joe had a deep manchild voice while Rona had a seductive voice.

 

She sighed.

 

“Let’s go back, the client will arrive and pay us more coins. Let’s relax for a bit,” Rona told Joe.

 

I need to escape! Think! I need to think quickly! He thought.

 

The next morning, Rona and Joe had gone out.

 

They might not be the only ones involved in this kidnapping syndicate. I can’t use my flashy magic! I might hit myself and the other children! He thought.

 

The Guide, let me recall Magic Theory, Magic Circle Mechanics.

 

[Inorder for someone to use Magic, one must have a fully developed circuits, one must know how to feel mana inside one’s body, and one must have an extensive knowledge of magic theory.]

 

[Magic Circle is one of the three ways on how to use magic. First the user must make an intent or a choice, this step will automatically fill the magic circle with three verse incantation after construction. Second user must prepare for the construction. Third user must Construct the magic circle. Forth user must connect his circuits to the constructed magic circle. Fifth user must fill the required mana. Sixth user can change or modify depending on the user's situation, this is an optional step. Seventh Release.]

 

Someone’s coming. He thought.

 

Another batch of children had been kidnapped.

 

“Another day’s work, good job again Joe.”

 

“The client is still not here.”

 

“Don’t worry Joe, we catched two rare arcane cores this time!”

 

The sun fell, a creak can be heard from the stairs.

 

“The dear client is here! So where’s our pay?”

 

The ominous figure had arrived, but it didn’t reply. It walked towards the cell.

 

It gazed at the children, Ezekill got the attention of the figure who wore a cloaked hood. It took a bag of gold from the inside of the cloaks. Rona received the bag, she opened the bag, and she nodded. The figure opened his hands.

Bend Light.
While It didn’t look, Ezekill took the chance to cast magic, he vanished from it’s sight.

 

“What? Oh the keys sorry sorry here.”

 

After It received the keys, he waved his hands, signaling that they would leave.They complied. The children with the ominous figure were the only one left inside the hidden prison. The figure opened the cell.

 

[DANGER! Nightmare detected!]

[Pro tip: Don’t fight, don’t move.]

[Greater Nightmare Shade]

 

[Stats]

Level: ???
EXP: ???

HP: ???

MP: ???

SP: ???

Sta: ???

 

[Attribute Points: ???]

STR: ???

AGI: ???

Cons: ???

Endurance: ???

Wis: ???

Int: ???

 

[BLOCKED, MAGIC CANNOT BE SHOWN.]

[BLOCKED, SKILLS CANNOT BE SHOWN.]

[BLOCKED, PASSIVES CANNOT BE SHOWN.]

[BLOCKED, TITLES CANNOT BE SHOWN.]

[Challenging Rating: You’re not a paladin.]

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! He panicked

 

[CONTROL YOUR BREATHING! YOU’RE SAFE! DON’T MAKE IT USE ITS OBSERVE ABILITIES.]

 

The black cloaked figure revealed its true form, the flesh it was hiding was ripped apart, blood burst, bones cracked. It revealed its ghastly appearance, the eyes glowing red, the spectral black cloak emits a black smoke. It was a pale humanoid monster in a black cloak, floating mid-air. It revealed its sharp claws, its arms closing in towards the unfortunate child. The child was stabbed, the poor child screamed. It revealed its gaping mouth with no gums or teeth, revealing a horrifying void screamed at them, sucked his soul along with his arcane core until his body was like a dry rug. 

 

The Greater Nightmare went inside the cell, trapping the terrified children. It shrieked, it released a paralyzing high pitched noise. The children screamed, they despaired, they shivered. Some of the children shit themselves, some pissed themselves.

 

Ezekill was sticking to the wall, slowly escaping. There’s no way he would be able to save them.

 

The Greater Nightmare, raised its long arms, it swiped its sharp claws cutting some of the children in half. Blood splattered, the poor children were eviscerated, maimed, and mangled. The floor was mixed with blood, shit, and piss. It shrieked again.

 

Ezekill didn’t look back, he knew that if he did, he would vomit and would reveal himself to the Greater Nightmare.

 

Ezekill saw the cell was opened, he was getting near, almost there.

Then he accidentally kicked a pebble, and the bar pinged.

 

Shit!

 

The Greater Nightmare, stopped disemboweling the children and switched its attention to Ezekill, its head rotated. Ezekill stayed still, holding his breath. His heart beat faster, and faster. He shivered, his sudoriferous glands secreted a lot of sweat. He swallowed his own saliva, fearing for his life.

 

The Greater Nightmare turned into mists, it was gone. Ezekill couldn’t handle it anymore, he ran outside the cell. He looked up, he saw the black figure and a pale head. It was the Greater Nightmare, it waited, it didn’t run but blocked his path.

 

Ezekill’s eyes widened. He removed his bend light magic, it was no use anymore. The red eyes gazed upon his soul, Ezekill felt his skin going cold.

 

[JUMP BACKWARD!]

 

The Greater Nightmare raised its long arms, revealing its razor-sharp claws, the claws struck downwards. Ezekill jumped, evading the cut.

 

[DUCK!]

 

The Greater Nightmare slashed horizontally, Ezekill ducked, dodging a second time.

 

[Modifying the incantation of the magic dagger. Try to stay alive!]

 

[Protip: watch its gaping mouth, it's an indication it’s using soul ability. Don’t die or you’ll get sucked and won’t be able to restart.]

 

Ezekill kept an eye on the Greater Nightmare, it was like staring at death itself. He was horrified but tried to keep it together, if he panicked that would cost his life.

 

Shit I see no way out! I’m fucked! So fucked! He screamed.

 

The Greater Nightmare tilted its head, it zoomed towards Ezekill thrusting its claws. Ezekill instinctively used Velocity Manipulation on himself to accelerate his movement, he hastily jumped back. He broke sweat, his panting.

 

Shit this infantile body! I can’t keep up with the monster! My legs are already starting to cram! His eyes were as wide as an owl.


[Sta: 25/50]

 

It growled, the Greater Nightmare had enough, the glow stones started to fade, slowly losing its light soon after the hideout was pitchblack. It shrieked. Ezekill heard movements behind him. Footsteps coming out from the cells.

 

The Greater Nightmare sprint towards Ezekill, Ezekill couldn’t see it was coming. It slashed its sharp claws upward. The pendant emitted a light and turned into a white barrier. The attack was deflected by the pendant’s barrier.

 

[White barrier HP: 250/300]

 

Mom! The pendant that mom gave protected me!

 

Ezekill saw its reaction, it was afraid of light. Light! How did Ezekill forget about his magic? His magic was the perfect counter for the Shade! The horrified Ezekill suddenly changed into Ezekill that had an idea.

 

Ezekill forwards his arms pointing at the Greater Nightmare. Pillar of Light! Magic circle manifested on the ground, the magic circle was slowly filled with mana. A golden bright light appeared from the night sky, it stood out as it was the brightest light during the night. The beam of light struck down, hit the Greater Nightmare!

 

The hideout was destroyed, and so the reanimated undead children.

 

Ezekill cheered. Fuck you! Eat shit piece of shit!

 

It groaned in pain, it slashed its long claws hitting the barrier.

[White barrier HP: 100/300]

 

Something was wrong, the Shade was in pain but it looked fine, the joyous Ezekill returned horrified. Oh boy it was angry, very very angry. It shrieked, widened its two arms struck downwards. Both arms flew hitting the barrier, the pendant cracked, the barrier destroyed. The claws slowly closed to Ezekill’s face, his eyes widened, life flashed in his eyes.

 

[GOOD WORK! MODIFICATION COMPLETE! SUMMONING LESSER KIRIN!]

 

The golden scaled divine beast with a single horn  and a majestic mane hair manifested in front of him. Blocking the slash with its horn. Its deep violet kind eyes signaled him to run. Ezekill was in awe for a moment and snapped back to reality. He glowed, restoring his mana and stamina, he nodded to the majestic beast, and did what it said. Ezekill ran and buffed his speed with Velocity Manipulation. He ran faster and faster.

 

It only took a minute to kill the majestic beast, Ezekill didn’t have much of a head start. The Greater Nightmare catched up with him. 

 

And it was in front of him again.

 

After hours of searching for Ezekill, Rudolf was engulfed in terror, his eyes were deep, he couldn’t sleep. They keep searching and searching. Esron was big, it was hard even with the help of the adventurers.

 

A sudden bright pillar appeared in the night sky, Rudolf mouth widened. He rode off to the direction of the pillar, the adventurers and some of his guards followed.

 

The crowd screamed, as they saw the phantom of death before them. They ran out of fear.

 

Shit! How! He thought.

 

Ezekill had no choice but to fight it, if he wanted to survive.

 

Think! Light is a photon! Magic is the physical manifestation of the supernatural! Mana is the energy that fueled the manifestation! Ah why I didn’t think this before!

 

The intent I want to happen is that the light shoots out of my hands! Yes, that's it!

He constructed a magic circle in his hands, he filled it with mana and shot out a beam of light. Hitting the Greater Nightmare. The Nightmare was distracted, he used the chance to solidify the light, molding it into a shortsword. It glowed a golden light.

 

The Greater Nightmare shrieked, it covered its eyes with its hands.

 

Status! If I want to survive I have to use my AP! I’ll put my points into agi, constitution, and endurance. I don’t need strength right now and it’s useless against it! I’m mainly going to use my magic to attack!

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

 

[Stats]

Level: 2
EXP: 800/1000

HP: 100/100

MP: 900/1100

SP: 200/200

Sta: 70/100

 

[Attribute Points: 0]

STR: 3

AGI: 5

Cons: 8

Endurance: 8

Wis: 10

Int: 10

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

Light affinity: Pillar of Light, Bend Light, Light Bullet(NEW), Light Shortsword(NEW)

 

[Abilities]

Velocity Manipulation

Swordsmanship boost.

 

[NO SKILLS DETECTED]

[Title]

Sister’s love


[Passive]

True arcane core

The Guide

Blessings of Herana.

 

I can’t still see its stats damn what a fucking luck!

Ezekill and the Greater Nightmare fought, the Greater Nightmare used magic, it shot a dark orb. Ezekill barely evaded the dark explosion.

 

If I didn’t put points to agi I would have been dead!

 

He glup his saliva, the explosion left a crater. Ezekill counter attacked, he used Light bullets, aiming for its head. The Greater Nightmare covered its face with its arms, Ezekill threw his Light shortsword hitting its chest. He conjured another light shortsword.

 

The Nightmare dashed, zoomed into his face the Greater Nightmare slashed the ground. Ezekill used Velocity manipulation to jump fast. While on mid-air Ezekill cast a barrage of Light Bullets some of it had missed, but most of it hit the Greater Nightmare. The Greater Nightmare tried to jump, before it could jump a voice can be heard from the distance. 

 

“ICE PRISON!” Yui shouted.

 

A blue magic circle manifested below the Greater Nightmare, an icy chain wrapped the monster, Icy bars manifested around the magic circle and a block of ice appeared above its head.

 

Yui! She was fine! I thought you died!


[Yui Yuki]

 

[Stats]

Level: 30
EXP: 100/31000

HP: 200/200

MP: 1280/1320

SP: 0/0

Sta: 200/200

 

[Job: Combat Maid]

Affiliation: Raylight Household

 

[Attribute Points: 0]

STR: 15

AGI: 20

Cons: 18

Endurance: 18

Wis: 35

Int: 90

 

[Magic]

Ice Affinity: Ice blast, Ice Prison, Ice Shield, Cold Aegis, Frost Lance, Freezing nova, Ice field, Ice Storm.

 

Magic Theory.

 

Recovery Mana: Cure wounds, Restore limbs, Healing field.

 

[Abilities]

Magic tool boost.

 

[Skills]

Cooking, Cleaning, Service, Packing, Gardening, Weeding.

 

[PASSIVES]

Rare arcane core.

Fast mana recovery.

Ezekill cried out in mid-air and landed.

The nightmare clawed out the chain and the icy prison. Yui took the chance to get near Ezekill. She smiled and patted his head.

 

“Ice Field!” Yui casted another magic.

 

A giant snowflake-like manifested on the ground.

 

[BUFFED! MANA RECOVERY INCREASED!]

[BUFFED! ICE AFFINITY DAMAGE INCREASED!]

 

She took out a magic wand, on her straps from her thighs. Ezekill took out his small silver dagger. She noticed the mana stone was depleted, so she took a mana stone from her pouch. She inserted a new mana stone from the dagger.

 

[NEW MANA STONE DETECTED! SUMMONING LESSER KIRIN!]

 

[Lesser Kirin]

 

[Stats]

Level: 30
EXP: 0/31000

HP: 300/300

MP: 1270/1270

SP: 250/250

Sta: 200/200

 

[Job: None]

Affiliation: Divine Realm.

 

[Attribute Points: 180]

STR: 15

AGI: 20

Cons: 28

Endurance: 18

Wis: 60

Int: 85

 

[Magic]

Light Affinity: Holy Barrier, lightwave, light beam, Light Restore, illuminate.

 

Magic Theory.

[Abilities]

Magic Claws

 

Aura Mastery: Aura of Protection.

 

[NO SKILLS DETECTED]

 

[PASSIVES]

Rare arcane core.

Faster mana recovery.

White Aura Mastery.

 

The dagger shone bright, the bright light faded. The Lesser Kirin appeared besides Ezekill. Yui's head was full of questions but that wasn’t important right now instead she focused on the battle.

 

The Greater Nightmare terrified Yui, she felt cold down her spine. She inhaled a deep breath, she exhaled trying to relax and get herself together. She need to protect Ezekill, she looked at Ezekill she saw terror on his eyes. She tried to encourage him.

 

“I’m here, master.” She smiled at him

 

Her smile made Ezekill put himself together.

 

The monster opened its mouth, it was casting unholy magic. A dark light was emitting from its gaping mouth, it released a dark beam. The lesser Kirin casted Holy barrier, its horn shone.

 

A boom can be heard, the barrier cracked. The lesser kirin attacked, it stomped its feet and a white shockwave rumbled the ground. The wave hit the Greater Nightmare, the lightwave burned its spectral body. 

 

It growled, The nightmare turned into mist and moved towards Ezekill. It returned to its original form and attacked diagonally using its claws, the claws glowing a violet light,it used a dangerous ability. The lesser kirin casted a holy barrier to defend itself but as the buffed claws touch the barrier it faded, continuing its momentum towards the kirin. The Lesser Kirin got hurt, it got clawed from its neck.

 

Ezekill used this chance to cast Light bullets Ezekill barraged the Greater Nightmare, Yui followed with Frost Lance a chunk of thick icy spike hits. It bursted into mist as it touched its skin.

[Ezekill Raylight]

Mana: 790/1100

Sta: 50/100

 

[Yui Yuki]

Mana: 755/870

Sta: 150/200

 

[Lesser Kirin]

HP: 200/300

Mana: 600/870

Sta: 180/200

 

Damn it, it doesn’t even look hurt! It’s completely fine!

 

The battle continued for an hour, they released magic from one another. The Nightmare heard gallops. It decided it wasn't worth fighting much longer, instead it left a mark on Ezekill, a tiny needle flew from its mouth and hit Ezekill.

 

“Grrrr, you’re one hella persistent prey. I’ll be back for your Arcane Core! You’ll be my dessert young one.” The Greater Nightmare told Ezekill.

 

It turned into mists and vanished.

 

10