Chapter 10 – Aura Training
180 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yui saw his reaction when she got harassed by Gunther. She blushed as she realized the thing that Ezekill did was for her.

 

No no, calm down he’s just a kid, well I admit he’s an enigmatic child b-but he doesn’t act like a child at all. No no, no matter what he’s still not developed. Yet. She thought.

 

Ezekill blocked Gunther’s gaze when Ezekill noticed that he tried to look at Yui, Gunther reverted his gaze towards Ezekill, he was baring his teeth, and tensed muscle was ready. He gave off a warning aura. He was like a puppy protecting someone.

 

Lina walked out and called Yui.

 

“Yui, I need a hand here. Can you help me?” Lina shouted.

 

Yui nodded, and looked at Ezekill asking for permission. Ezekill nodded, Yui followed Lina inside the mansion.

 

“From now on Gunther will train you with Aura mastery.” Rudolf said.

 

“Will you forgive him? It was my idea, although I didn’t specify that he would do that.” Rudolf added.

 

“Oi! You’re pushing the blame on me again!” Gunther replied.

 

Ezekill nodded, Gunther showed a sign of relief, he thought the kid was obedient. Rudolf smiled at them and walked out towards the garden to continue to train Sofia.

 

Awkward silence for a minute and Gunther tried to break the silence.

 

“Ahem! What do you know about Aura Mastery?” Gunther asked.

 

“None.” He replied.

 

“I see! Aura is an energy that we first developed. What I mean by that wasn’t just Humans! Demons, devils, beastmen, elfs, dwarfs, orcs, undead and lizardmen. We are called mortals!”

 

“Demons, devils, and undead? Are mortals?” Ezekill was dazed, the games he played, they weren't mortals.

 

“Yes! We might look different from each other but our souls are similar! Undead on other hands are a mixed bag! Since they’re a mix of all races! What I mean by that is that they’re technically dead humans, elfs, orcs, and so on but the soul is alive.”

 

“In this era though, some creatures had developed Aura Mastery although it’s rare. Speaking of rare! Only one out of ten humans had awakened their Aura for other races I’m not sure.” He added.

 

“I see.”

 

Ezekill, peeked at Gunther’s Stats out of curiosity.

 

[Gunther Gran]

 

[Stats]

Level: 70
EXP: 700/120000

HP: 1200/1200

MP: 520/520

SP: 1700/1700

Sta: 1000/1000

 

[Job: Knight Commander]

[Affiliation: Gran Household]

 

[Attribute Points: 20]

STR: 90

AGI: 120

Cons: 90

Endurance: 80

Wis: 40

Int: 50

 

[NO MAGIC DETECTED]

[Abilities]

Raw Mana Attack

Absolute Dash

Counter

Dragon Canon

Whirlwind Kick

Aura Mastery:  Fear Aura, Courage Aura, Dizzy Aura, Vanish, Illusion, Blind.

 

[Skills]

Combat: absolute Gauntlet proficiency, Hand to hand proficiency, Gran wrestle style, Taykwund martial-art style, Jeet kune do martial-art style.

 

Labor: Leadership, Tactics, Sewing, Trainer, Horse Riding, First-Aid.

 

[Passives]

Normal arcane core.

Red Aura Mastery.

Magic Resistance.

 

His stats are lower than my dad but his Attributes are close. If they fight I guess experience will make the difference. He thought.

 

“Since you had just been awakened you’re on the lowest rank. White!”

“Aura Mastery has six stages! White, Green, Red, Orange, Silver, and lastly Golden! Each stage has five levels. For example, I’m a Red fifth level and your father is Golden.”

 

“Are there no levels in Golden?” He asked.

 

“So far none, since we haven’t observed yet what’s higher than golden!”

 

He’s really on it, no wonder he had trainer as a prioritized list on Labor. He thought.

 

“How many have reached Golden?”

 

“In Ascion? Four! That includes your father, and my dear bestfriend!” He smiled.

 

“Wow! so father is one of the strongest in our country?” Ezekill was dazed.

 

“Yup! I won’t be surprised if you quickly catch up to him. At three years old you have already awakened, you’re really a little Rudolf!” He couldn’t resist patting Ezekill.

 

It seemed the hostility between them had faded, Ezekill started meditating as Gunther instructed. For an hour Ezekill continued meditating and the Aura of Ezekill grew bigger. Gunther expected this to happen but for only an hour of meditating, he was shocked, his growth was amazing and scary at the same time.

 

Gunther continued to observe Ezekill.

 

“I can see this kid would be a great asset to our kingdom, with the increasing aggression of the Empire we need more kids like him.” He murmured.

 

Rudolf overheard, “He’s still early for that Gunther, let him enjoy his youth and we should try our best to hold the peace we have. So our children can enjoy their lives. Unlike ours, we had been trained for war but our efforts weren’t in vain, since we achieved peace. It might not be eternal peace but at least they could experience what we didn’t have before.” He patted his shoulder.

 

“Yes, you’re right.”

 

“I know you're anxious, especially since you have daughters to protect. I’m anxious too, the Empire's ambitions to ‘unite’.”

 

“More problems for you huh? I guess you’ll be busy soon.” Gunther said.

 

“Yeah, I wish I could spend more time with my kids. But sooner or later I will be gone to the capital.” Rudolf sighed.

 

“Being one of deterrence and a statue of peace is hella big responsibility. They’ll understand especially that Little Rudolf here.”

 

“Pfft little Rudolf, I can see why you call him that. My distinct trait, like the most handsome champion!”

 

“Pfft.”

 

Both giggled.

 

“Man, I wish Hansel was here.” Gunther said.

 

“That guy is busy too, roaming around the kingdom hunting nightmares to prevent them from getting stronger.”

 

“Both of you are fighting for peace.”

 

“No, the three of us.” Rudolf closed his eyes.

 

“Hmm? Why?” He looked at him.

 

“You’ve been training knights, the knights protect the city and the kingdom!”

 

“Now you’re training the strongest knight!” He howled proudly.

 

“Pfft still boasting huh?”

 

“How about this Rudolf? How about we arrange my Elizabeth and Ezekill?” He winked.

 

He sighed, “He already has someone in his heart you know, the stunt you did almost got you killed.”

 

“You idiot! Don’t insert your own morality! He can have many women he wants!”

 

“That’s why you always get beaten by your wife Gunther.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know why. What’s wrong with having fun! I still love her and I always return to her!”

 

“I’ll say this Gunther as a warning since you’re my friend, don’t you dare touch Yui. You’ll definitely regret that if you do.” He sighed again.

 

“Hey! Hey! I did that because it was the fastest way to awaken him!”

 

“Yeah yeah. I must go back. Sofia is waiting for me, she’s also meditating.” He blinked.

 

While Ezekill was meditating, he woke up on a vast white background. He looked up and there was no sky but only a white ceiling, it looked the same everywhere he looked. He strolled on the white ground, it didn’t feel a ground at all he felt as if he was floating. He explored the white emptiness, and suddenly a figure was visible from a distance. He stared at it but the figure was still abstract, he ran towards it. A girl standing, she was wearing a white dress then his vision was going back to normal. He woke up.

 

“Ezekill, you’re already at White third level. Congrats, your growth is kinda scary though.”

 

“Nngh, what?”

 

“I said you’re already White third level. Time for you to check your category!”

 

“Speaking of Category! There are eight different types of Aura Mastery users! Augmentor, Booster, Transmuter, Creator, Puppet master, Shooter, Trickster, and All Rounder! The name is self explanatory right? Augmentor can augment themselves only, boosters are the opposite of augmentor, Transmuter can use their Aura to copy something, like fire! Or they can make up things that take creativity. Creators can create objects with their aura, like swords, Puppet Master can control the living, and objects! Shooters shoot things out of their aura, Trickster can manipulate someone's senses! Like make them fear you! My kind of Aura! And lastly all rounder,  the master of none but can do everything.”

 

“But I just awakened my Aura, Sofia took 2 years to train her aura.”

 

“Like I said little Rudolf, your growth is scary. Your sister’s growth too, usually it takes five years to reach White third level! Now I want you to take a rock.”

 

Ezekill compiled.

 

“And what?”

 

“I want you to concentrate pouring your Aura on the rock.”

 

Ezekill let his aura flow to the rocks, the rock got bigger.

 

“Congratulations! You’re a booster, Ezekill!”

 

“Ehhh booster? But I kinda want to be an Augmentor, can’t I change it?” Ezekill pouted.

 

“Sadly no, you can’t but yeah having an Aura Mastery means having a force multiplier in combat. You’re a magic user, I can’t call you a mage yet unless you graduated or trained under a master. But here’s my advice: don't neglect developing your Aura, I kinda regret my decision by not learning proper magic theory but I had found a leeway to use my mana other than using my abilities.”

 

“Let’s continue tomorrow, it’s evening now.” Gunther added.

 

The door creaked open, Yui walked out and called Ezekill.

 

“Master! Dinner is ready!” Yui shouted.

 

Ezekill invited Gunther for dinner before he left.

 

After they ate dinner, Gunther left.

 

The night came, almost everyone fell asleep, except for Yui and Ezekill.

 

Both of them laid down, face to face sharing the same bed.

“Thank you master.” Yui talked.

 

“For what Yui?”

 

“For trying to save my dignity. It felt nice and warm, master.” She smiled.

 

“U-uh it’s nothing! It's natural for a master to protect their servants from harm!” Ezekill scratched his cheeks with one finger while he blushed.

 

Yui smiled and stood up, she sat and pinned Ezekill. Her cleavage was visible as she was above him, Yui panted her sudden quickened breath made Ezekill’s eyes widen, he could smell her quickened breath, he panicked. She was above him for a minute like she was thinking of something, they both gazed at each other, red cheeks were visible on both of them. If only, you’re a developed young man. Yui thought. She closed her eyes and kissed his forehead. She quickly rolled over to the opposite side.

 

Ezekill’s mind went blank, he couldn’t comprehend her sudden actions.

 

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!  He screamed internally.

 

Yui pulled her knees to her chest, and covered her face with a pillow. What the heck am I thinking! Ahhh! She screamed internally.

 

After half an hour, she rolled over to his side, she got near to him and hugged him.

 

This is comfortable, I don’t want to move. Ezekill thought.

 

Yui rubbed his hair, his face was on her bosom. Ezekill didn’t resist the paradise. They stayed like that until they fell asleep.

 

Morning came, Lina knocked and no one reacted, she jerked the door open. She saw Ezekill and Yui hug each other while they slept. Lina was stunned, their relationship developed quite a lot.

 

“Wake up you two! Breakfast is ready.” She opened the curtains, bright light pierced the glass window.

 

Ezekill woke up and Yui followed soon after. Yui realized she was up late, and she saw Lina.

 

“Eikk! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to oversleep.” Yui stood up and bowed her head.

 

“That’s fine, no need to worry, come down after both of you get dressed.” She smiled.

 

Lina walked down stairs.

 

“Good morning master,” she smiled.

 

“Good morning Yui.” Ezekill blushed.

 

They walked down stairs together.

 

Breakfast was soft pancakes, berries and a glass of milk, as warm as they would be in the sun, with honey syrup spread on the top.  Eating together with Yui made Ezekill warm and fuzzy. It brought a serene sense of comfort that started the day so well. Yui made his world better, it was all thanks to Herana for giving him a chance to feel this warm fuzzy feeling. For the first time in his life, God was real.

 

Lina saw how sweet they were, how they interacted. She smiled that her son was happy and content. She was concerned what Ezekill would become but Ezekill never acted bratty, he was a calm and obedient child and sprinkled with oddity.

 

After they ate breakfast. Rudolf talked to his son.

 

“Do you want to protect Yui, Ezekill?” Rudolf asked.

 

“Yes.” Ezekill replied.

 

“You got something to protect, so you’re a warrior now. True warriors have something to protect, you must get stronger Ezekill if you want to protect someone precious to you. Surpass me, my son as a true warrior. I believe in you.” He smiled.

 

Yui blushed, she lowered her head and covered her face.

 

“Oh my oh my, look at her she’s embarrassed.” Lina giggled.

 

“You too, dad, mom, Sofia, and everyone. I will train hard and protect all of you.”

 

I must get stronger as quickly as possible. I need to, I feel it in my neck that he’s coming, soon. He gripped his fist, and stood up.

 

“Sorry Yui, I’ll cancel our sparring for now.” Ezekill smiled.

 

Ezekill suddenly ran outside, he springed using earth magic lifting him out of the gate.

 

“Wha, what the hell is that kid doing.” Rudolf was shocked.

 

“You gave him the motivation duh daddy.” Sofia reacted.

 

“By running away?I told him to get stronger, not to run away.”

 

“What our daughter meant to say, he couldn’t wait for his afternoon session with Gunther, so he rushed towards the fortress.” Lina sighed.

 

“Wait what! That’s reckless!” He howled.

 

“Where did you think that trait he inherited?” Lina sighed again.

 

“He’s going to get abducted again!”

 

“With all due respect, Lord Raylight Ezekill is your son, he’s quite strong for his age.”

 

“Haahhhhh.” He slapped his own face.

 

Ezekill hopped, he inhaled, calculating the pathway, and right velocity to get there faster and without accident. He used his Aura to boost the durability, and enhanced his shoes with speed, to speed himself up combined with Velocity Manipulation. He zoomed, sparks of electricity were left on his trail, he blurred as he ran at the speed of sound, thunder cracked on his wake shocking the pedestrians.

 

The thundercrack was heard inside the mansion.

 

“Oh my, you really motivated your son Rudolf.” Lina said.

 

“Ezekill really does love you Yui, getting worked up like that he’s really an odd kid.”

 

“Like his father,” Lina smiled.

 

“But master would be fine? The law doesn’t allow using magic inside the city’s perimeters.” Yui was concerned.

 

“Nah, he can break a few rules. I also break them sometimes.” Rudolf casually waved his hand, and flexed his authority.

 

As Ezekill was getting near the Fortress, he jumped from buildings to buildings until he arrived. He stopped at the outer bailey, he was greeted by knights pointing a spear at him. Fortunately Gunther was in outer bailey, he called off the guards.

 

“Woah woah, did you run all this way?” Gunther asked.

 

“Yes, I want you to train me right now.” Ezekill replied.

 

“Can’t you see, I’m on duty training the knights.” He sighed.

 

“So bye bye now, go back home we can train later in the afternoon.” he added.

 

As soon Gunther turned his back, he suddenly was immobilized by a hand made of soil.

 

“You know this won’t take an effort to break this right?” Gunther boasted.

 

Gunther tried to break the earth's hand, he couldn’t break it in one try. He smirked. This kid, already found an application to his newly found power. He thought. Ezekill enhanced the durability and the grip strength of his Earthen Grasp magic with Aura.

 

Gunther breaks the Earthen Grasp, soon after another annoying crowd control magic was used on him. The magic circle appeared between his shoulders, the soil he broke suddenly sticks back to him. He was covered with dirt, and additionally he was sinking on the ground.

 

“Burial Ground,” Ezekill gripped his outward hands.

 

Ezekill prepared another magic, he wasn’t giving him a chance to counter knowing how fast Gunther was.

 

Gunther freed himself after he cleared his vision, another thin hand raised above the ground and grasped his face, blocking his vision. A bright pillar fell and hit gunther, all of the magic was strengthened with Aura Magic Boost.

 

Gunther felt the magic Ezekill threw at him, he recognized him and left the knights to train themselves but the show was attracting the knights, and ended up spectating them.

 

“Okay you asked for it, you want a spar I’ll give you a spar.” Gunther’s knuckles cracking.

 

Gunther used Absolute dash; he got close with Ezekill in a blink of an eye, he uppercut Ezekill hitting his face, his nose bled.

 

“Ah shit, sorry I didn’t mean to!”

 

“Continue,” Ezekill replied.

 

“But y-”

 

“Continue!” He howled, wiping his nose.

 

“Fine, tch.” Gunther sighed.

 

Gunther used Fear releasing a miasma of fear, hoping that it would make him stop. Ezekill shivered, his vision of Gunther was suddenly changed. He saw the Greater Shade on that night he encountered two years ago. He screamed in fear, triggering his fight or flight instinct. But he chose to fight like two years ago.

 

He reacted, he cast Light Bullets, and used Velocity Manipulation. Gunther saw him screaming and he suddenly cast magic, he was bombarded with Light Bullets. He tried to jump but he was slowed down by Velocity Manipulation for a bit delaying his jump.

 

He covered himself, he closed his arms in front of him, the magic hit him. Ezekill jumped white marble magic circle manifested on his arms, he used Glass Lance three glass spear-like objects were fired, the spear-like glass hit him but got shattered by his thick skin. He scanned the surroundings but Ezekill was gone.

 

He carefully checked his surroundings but it was a plain ground with nowhere to hide. He saw Ezekill for a bit waving his hand forward, and a glass spike appeared below, he somersaulted to dodge. Ezekill appeared again, uppercutting his stomach, he smirked because it didn’t hurt. Little did he know it was not, an Earth Spike zoomed to his stomach, he got thrown to the air. The magic was enhanced with Aura again.

 

Gunther was in mid-air, he saw Ezekill in the middle, his eyes showing a murderous aura. Six white marble magic circles appeared besides Ezekill, the Glass Spikes zoomed, he raised his hands and cast another magic, a pillar of light fell down on him as the Glass spikes hit him.

 

All of it was enhanced with Aura.

 

How the hell this kid cast all of this magic! He’s pushing himself! Gunther thought, while was stuck in mid-air, his body was pierced with Glass Spikes.

 

The knights were aghast to think a kid could handle their Knight Commander.

 

“All right, fine, I recognized your strength and resolve Ezekill. I’m not going to hold back and fight you head on.”

 

“Are you going to kill my son you dumbass Gunther!” Rudolf shouted as he materialized.

 

“Can’t you see! He’s in a trance!” Rudolf howled.

 

“Oh, I didn’t notice.”

 

“Dumbass, did you use the fear thing on him? You triggered his fear, you probably looked like the nightmare we fought and he’s going to fight you until one of you is dead!” Rudolf howled again.

 

“What! so that’s why I felt an intense murderous aura. Ah I didn’t even get to fight back, your son is so tactical all those annoying crowd control magic.” Gunther scratched his head.

 

They were interrupted. Again.

10