Chapter 11 – Mock Battle
114 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon after Gunther released his fear Aura that put Ezekill in trance. As soon as the debuff fear was gone, Ezekill quickly panted the adrenaline from his body depleted, he was drained; a mere child fighting an adult was too much for him. Ezekill regained his sanity, he soon realized he wasn’t fighting the Nightmare but Gunther.

 

His status interface showed up, Guide warned him that his body couldn’t handle it anymore.

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

 

[Stats]

Level: 3
EXP: 0/1000

HP: 100/120

MP: 100/1170

SP: 70/600

Sta: 20/120

 

[Attribute Points: 6]

STR: 5

AGI: 7

Cons: 10

Endurance: 10

Wis: 15

Int: 15

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

Light affinity: Pillar of Light, Bend Light, Light Bullet, Light Shortsword, Refraction Ray

Earth affinity: Burial Ground, Earthen Grasp, Earth spike, Stone bullet, Earth Lance.

Glass affinity: Glass spike, Glass lance, Shard bullet.

 

[Abilities]

Velocity Manipulation

Swordsmanship boost.

Aura Mastery: Aura magic damage multiplier, Strengthen, Speed Boost.

 

[NO SKILLS DETECTED]

 

[Title]

Sister’s love

Yui’s love


[Passive]

True arcane core

White Aura Mastery - Third level

The Guide

Blessings of Herana.

 

“Ezekill are you okay!? Your nose is bleeding!” Rudolf showed worried eyes.

 

“Gunther! What the fuck man did you just punched my child!?” Rudolf howled.

 

“I can explain!” Gunther tried to reason.

 

“Don’t blame him dad, I made him do it.” Ezekill interrupted as he panted and shivered. He was bloody sweaty, literally.

 

“You reckless child.” Rudolf leaning his head to Ezekill’s chest.

 

“I’m fine dad, knowing that thing is after you and doing nothing. That’s what I call reckless, dad.” He talked as he labored.

 

“Uncle, I can continue. Dad, please let me train with Uncle Gunther.” Ezekill added.

 

“Something is after you? Who? That Nightmare Shade?” Rudolf worryingly asked.

 

Ezekill nodded, “Yes, I wanted to prepare before I face him again.”

 

“That Shade? The one Rudolf beating to pulp, is still alive?” Gunther frowned.

 

“How did you know little Rudolf? Hansel was tracking it down, it won’t stand a chance against the Order.” Gunther asked with a doubt.

 

“I can feel it on my neck, it’s still alive somewhere. But I think I’ll know when it’s coming.” Ezekill gripped his fist.

 

“Don’t worry little Rudolf. I’m here and your dad.” He smiled trying to reassure the terrified Ezekill.

 

“You should rest for a while, buddy.” He patted his head.

 

He ordered the Knights to attend Ezekill, while Gunther and Rudolf talked.

 

“I’m worried for Hansel, Gunther.” He talked.

“Are you doubting Hansel? Do you really believe your child that it’s alive?” Gunther frowned.

 

“No, but as you can see Ezekill isn’t like the others. I felt that he’s not wrong, my child might be in danger again, Gunther!” Rudolf howled.

 

“Then you must practice your chemistry with Ezekill, if you want to protect him then it's best to fight with him together.” Gunther suggested.

 

“No, I must fight that thing alone, I’ll hunt it myself!” Rudolf howled.

 

“You know you can’t just disappear. So this is what I suggest: fight with your son.”

 

“But he would be put in danger if we fight together!”

 

“You idiot, that’s what training is for, he can handle himself. Now you’re the one who’s doubting his capabilities, I experienced it first hand. How about this, we do a mock battle! Of course after he recovered, you and him versus me and Elizabeth.”

 

“Wait, your daughter is here?” Rudolf asked.

 

“Yup, training with her mother at inner bailey. I’ll call for her later then we do a mock battle, but first he must recover.” Gunther answered.

 

Damn, my body is in pain using Aura and Magic at the same time is exhausting. He thought.

 

Ezekill was laying down on the stone floor, where the Knights were taking a break after their training. Rudolf took his shirt off as it was full of sweat. Rudolf checked his son’s nose and from the looks of it it already stopped bleeding. The healer was healing his injuries, and gave Ezekill a greenish liquid bottle. He drank the liquid, and he felt revitalized. He also drank a blue liquid.

 

[Stamina restored by 100.]

[120/120 fully restored!]

 

[Mana restored by 600.]

[700/1170 restored!]

 

The healer gazed at his body, for a young child his muscles are already solid, the healer thought this child was trained after he walked. Ezekill wasn’t forced to train, but he himself chose it. But because of the status of his family, the mindset of the healer was understandable. She was in awe, she found herself touching his arms. Ezekill didn’t mind until the healer was rudely appraising him.

 

[Appraisal Blocked!]

[Appraisal Blocked!]

[Appraisal Blocked!]

 

Ezekill felt something like he got poked all over, he turned his head to the healer, he squinted his eyes in sign of annoyance and rudeness.

 

“Hehehe, can I take a peek? Mr.Raylight?” She smiled, like a very perverse smile.

 

[Requesting permission for Appraisal, Do you want to give her permission? Y/N]

Fine, go ahead. He thought.

 

Ezekill status popped up into the healer's mind. Her eyes shone like a bright star.

 

“Hahhhh, hahhhh. I knew it! Those stats are higher than average, at his age most of them are below five. Amazing!” She was in awe again.

 

“What! Three affinities!? And awakened Aura!? A-amazing! Hahahaha I-I can’t believe what I’m seeing right now!”

 

Wait why her reactions are like that! I thought it was normal since my family wasn’t having that reaction! He thought.

 

[SP recovering 105/600]

 

The healer was wearing, a white robes with gold stripes, a white veil to match the robs, and long gloves. She had brownish hair, and a pale skin. She was a human.

 

The healer gave him an extra shirt for him to wear. It wasn’t as extravagant like the one he wore but it was decent, not that he minds.

 

Ezekill sat while watching the knights trained, Ezekill observed their stats most of them were on average twenties in six attributes and their level was above ten. Most citizens are below ten, and stats didn’t exceed above ten.

 

From the previous spar, he learned that stats weren’t everything, magic and aura were included in calculation. So he thought if he had to fight one of the knights he would be on top since his magic is superior to them as long as he doesn’t get hit.

 

The flexibility of magic was so advantageous plus buffing it with Aura was very good. In his current state, he could use magic for a long time if he got used to Earth and Glass. But he still doesn’t know where he belongs when speaking of magic, since he hadn’t yet met his par or weakness but he was sure that in Aura he’s almost at the bottom. Especially his Aura was a support type. 

 

He gazed at the knights for a while, observing them.

 

[SP recovering 150/600]

“Hmm? What’s wrong mister Raylight? Why are you staring at me, do you have something in mind?” The healer asked.

 

“I was just wondering, can everyone appraise?” Ezekill asked.

 

“Ahhh, No not everyone, my appraisal is my inborn ability. Some of us have gifts given by Herana; Although you can learn how to appraise!”

 

“I see, thank you for feeding my curiosity.” He smiled.

 

[SP recovering 175/600]

 

“How about you Mr.Raylight? Do you have inborn ability?” The healer asked.

 

“Yes I have, I can manipulate velocity at will, there’s a limit though it can be resisted by someone with a higher level than me, if I try to debuff my opponent but buffing won’t be resisted.”

 

“Woah! You're a very extraordinary kid! I’m Reyla by the way.” She smiled.

 

“Hmm nice to meet you, Reyla.” He smiled back.

 

Ezekill and Reyla sat there for a while, Ezekill was in deep thoughts. Herana was revered in the kingdom of Ascion, even at his home she had an altar for offering prayers. Reyla was probably a priestess of Herana, from the pendant she wore. Ezekill was hoping that the Church of Herana wasn’t the same on Earth. Well for sure it wasn’t since Herana really existed, and he hadn’t encountered a priest who was pushing his beliefs. That’s a good sign, he thought.

 

Ezekill was also debating if he wanted to mention his interaction with Herana, also he wanted to question about Herana. But she might have misunderstood and would try to recruit him in the church. So he decided not to.

 

Ezekill wondered if the Gods of Earth did really exist, so he planned to ask Herana if she knew something when they saw each other again.

 

Reyla doesn’t seem to be a bad person, but a bit brash, and kinda perverted. The way she gazed her eyes on him seemed predatory.

 

“Does the church promote violence?” He suddenly asked.

 

“No! What kind of question is that?” Reyla replied.

 

“Nothing, I was just curious. Do you fight a war in the name of Herana?” He asked another question again.

 

“No! Herana doesn’t promote death, war and violence! Using her name in a war is Blasphemy!” She howled.

 

“S-sorry, I was a bit rude there. It was wrong of me to assume.” Ezekill apologized.

 

“Are you really a child? Asking such a question, and why do you think so?” She asked.

 

Well, I can’t just tell the history of earth’s religion. I’m gonna think of something else to respond to. He thought.

 

“Well I read a book, from another religion I thought Herana’s religion was the same.”

 

“Ah I see, that’s why you asked, there are other Gods other than Herana. But our Herana is the creator, so she’s vastly superior to other Gods.”

 

That’s a priestess for you, boasting her God. He thought.

 

[SP recovering 365/600]

 

“Ezekill, come here! I want you to meet someone!”

 

“Coming, father.” He stood up.

 

Reyla waved her hands to say goodbye, Ezekill waved back and smiled. He ran over to his dad.

 

A nine-year-old girl was beside Gunther, she had the same eyes of her mother behind both of them. Beautiful crimson red eyes, she inherited her father’s black hair, she also had pale skin. She wore long white sleeves along with black corset with large silver buttons, a wide, polished leather belt with an ornamental buckle, tight gray pants, and knee-high black riding boots.

 

Her mother was gorgeous as expected, she had an aura of a strong woman. She had red hair along with her crimson eyes. She wore the standard Esron Knight Armor. She held the helmet under her arms.

 

“Small.” Ezekill said.

 

“Look who’s talking.” Elizabeth replied.

 

“Ahem Ezekill this is Elizabeth, Elizabeth meet Ezekill. That’s Lirah behind Elizabeth, Gunther’s wife.” Rudolf said.

 

“Nice to meet you, Elizabeth.” Ezekill smiled.

 

“Hmmpf!” She crossed her arms and refused to look at him.

 

Ah a tsundere. I know this type. He thought.

 

“Eli, don't be rude!” Gunther told Elizabeth.

 

“Little Rudolf have you recovered yet?” Gunther asked.

 

“Yes, a bit.”

 

“Ezekill, we are going to do a mock battle with them.” Rudolf asked.

 

“Eh! You called me here to fight that weakling papa!” Elizabeth howled at Gunther.

 

Did she just call me weak? Ezekill was a bit annoyed.

 

“Alright, let’s do this father.” Ezekill gazed at her with hostility.

 

“How about you Eli, do you wanna go?” Gunther asked.

 

“No, it's a waste of time! I’m going back to train with mama!” Elizabeth replied.

She walked away.

 

“Are you scared? Are you chickening out?” Ezekill mocked.

 

“Nope, that taunt is too weak! Bye bye shrimp.” Elizabeth continued to walk.

 

Fine, I’ll do this instead. I won’t let you walk away just like that after calling me weak. He thought.

 

As she walked away, a warning shot was fired, Ezekill cast Light bullets, a boom can be heard in front of her. Her forehead furrowed, she turned back.

 

“Did you just try to hit me! Not even papa dared to hit me!” She howled.

“Fine, if this is what you want, you better not cry!” She added.

 

“Then it’s decided, I’ll be the referee.” Lirah said.

 

“Wohooo a spar with Rudolf!” Gunther shouted as he hopped and cracked his knuckles.

 

Lirah threw a longsword at Rudolf. Rudolf caught it.

 

“I knew it, this was an excuse to spar with me. Jeez.” He sighed. He did a long point guard.

 

“Well, I found a way to spar with you!”

 

The knights saw what’s happening there, gathered and spectated again.

 

Ezekill checked Elizabeth stats.

 

[Elizabeth Gran]

 

[Stats]

Level: 10
EXP: 200/1000

HP: 120/120

MP: 520/520

SP: 600/600

Sta: 20/120

 

[Attribute Points: 60]

STR: 13

AGI: 17

Cons: 10

Endurance: 10

Wis: 9

Int: 10

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

Sound affinity: Sonic burst, paralyzing shout, Sonic trap, Sonic wave, Scream of Pain. Shockwave Punch, Thunder Clap.

 

[Abilities]

Aura Mastery: Attribute Boost, Object Boost.

 

[Skills]

Combat: Gauntlet proficiency, Hand to hand proficiency, Gran wrestle style, Taykwund martial-art style, Jeet kune do martial-art style. Lirah Dirty Fighting.

 


[Passive]

Rare arcane core.

Green Aura Mastery - First Level

 

Ah no wonder she’s so arrogant, damn is she really a nine-year-old!? This kid is a genius! Thank goodness she doesn’t know how to use sound to make an earthquake that would be deadly. He thought.

 

[Rudolf added to the party.]

 

Lirah waved her hand. Indicating the mock battle had started.

 

Gunther used Absolute dash and Dragon Cannon. He zoomed, he threw a full body motion punch on Rudolf. Rudolf used Counter, he hit the pommel on Gunther’s arm to redirect the trajectory of his fist, and diagonally striked his face. He blocked the attack with his other arm, raising it. He immediately grabbed the longsword and got close to him. Rudolf kicked Gunther’s chest to push him back.

 

From the information I got, she’s probably a close range fighter like her dad. Staying out of range will be my gameplan. He thought.

 

Ezekill cast Earthen Grasp on Elizabeth, a soil suddenly formed into an arm and grabbed her immobilizing her. Ezekill followed up with Three Glass spikes, unfortunately for Ezekill all of the glass spikes that appeared from the ground were easily destroyed as soon as she used Sonic burst. But she was still immobilized, she tried her best to get out of the grip.

 

“Huh, you can cast three magic circles, don’t misunderstand I’m not praising you hmmp!” She shouted as she tried to break free.

 

Damn tsundere. She has trouble freeing herself from my Earthen Grasp, I see but her sound magic is a counter to my glass magic.

 

Ezekill showered her with Light Bullets, she ate every last one of them as she couldn’t move. She groaned, and shouted at the Earthen Grasp cracked, she cast sonic burst again, the cracks got bigger and bigger until it shattered. She tried to run towards Ezekill but she was hit by Earth Spike she flew and rebalanced herself using Sonic Burst and Wave.

 

After she landed a Glass Spike manifested on the ground, she used Sonic Burst to shatter the glass. Another white marble magic circle was constructed below, the same result happened; it didn’t hit her and shattered. And another yellow magic circle appeared below her, a Pillar of Light fell on her. She screamed in pain.

 

“Ehh, Ezekill is not holding back.” Rudolf talked while he dodge Gunther’s punch.

 

“Come on man take this seriously.” Gunther said.

 

Rudolf jumped back, and used Fire enhancement on his steel sword, he was on wrathguard. Gunther used Aura: Illusion making him look like a five separate Gunther charging at Rudolf. Rudolf’s longsword was sweeping downward from the shoulder in a diagonal trajectory, the flamed sword broke the illusions.

 

Gunther was gone, all the five images that charged at him weren’t real. He looked towards Ezekill. Ezekill forward his hand pointing to Elizabeth before he could cast, Gunther flashed to him, he threw a punch on Ezekill. Rudolf blinked in front of Ezekill blocking the fist, Elizabeth stood up and supported her dad, she boosted his strength and the strength of his gauntlet.

 

“Dragon Cannon!” Gunther howled.

 

A boom cracked in the air, a dragon head materialized and hit Rudolf throwing him back and collided with Ezekill. Both groaned in pain, Rudolf’s body was smashing Ezekill. Both of their HP went down.

 

[Ezekill]

HP 50/120

MP: 500/1170

 

[Rudolf]

HP: 1700/2000

MP: 800/870

 

Rudolf stood up, and gave a hand for Ezekill to stand up. Gunther and Elizabeth celebrated and high fived each other.

 

The crowd cheered, clapping and shouting was heard.

 

Ezekill’s face was bleeding, he said something to Rudolf.

 

“Dad, Elizabeth is limiting my magic, I can’t use my glass magic. She'll just shatter them and the shockwave will make the shards fly and might hit us.” He said.

 

“So you want me to knock her out first? It’s not my style to hit a child.”

 

“Do you want to win, dad?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“Then do it.”

 

Ezekill casually ordered his dad like it was nothing. Rudolf sighed, he blinked towards Elizabeth, after he materialized and stepped on the ground a trap was triggered and a sonic wave was emitted. Rudolf groaned, covering his ears.

 

“I knew you would come after me! Go get him papa!” Elizabeth howled, while her body had burn marks.

 

“Your child is not the only genius of this generation Rudolf!” He howled.

 

“Whirlwind kick!” His face was so happy, he smiled.

 

Rudolf put his guard up, and was on full defense. A barrage of kicks impacted his body.

 

Shit!

 

“Burial Ground! Earthen Grasp! Pull!” Ezekill cast magic.

 

Ezekill covered his dad with Burial Ground, and used Earthen Grasp on his dad, he pulled him away from the barrage of kicks dragging him. Elizabeth smirked.

 

Tsk.

 

“This is bad, we’re losing.” Rudolf scratched his head.

 

Ezekill found his par. Ezekill was thinking of ways to block her sound magic.

What if I made it thicker? He thought.

 

Ezekill shot a thicker Glass Lance towards her, Elizabeth used Sonic Burst it didn’t break in one try but the Glass Lance was fast so instead she somersaulted to dodge.

 

“I knew it, you don’t have enough power to break it if I made it thicker!” He shouted.

“It made the magic more expensive tho,” he murmured.

 

Let’s try another combination.

 

Ezekill released a shell of Glass Shards he combined it with bend light. The glass shards were suddenly invisible from her eyes, she constructed two magic circles in both hands, she thunder clapped and a thunderous crack emanated from her hands. The invisible glass shattered. Gunther jumped in front of her to block another barrage of shards, it thinged and shattered on his gauntlet and his black armor.

 

“Tsk.” Ezekill hissed.

 

While Gunther was blocking for Elizabeth, Rudolf blinked on Gunther. Ezekill supported his dad by manipulating the velocity of his swing, making it faster using Velocity Manipulation. It clanged and bounced off as his Black Gauntlet was made of Mithril. Rudolf was close enough to use Ignite, Gunther burst into flame Elizabeth helped his father by using her magic Sonic Wave, A transparent white magic circle appeared on her mouth, a sound of shockwave was released putting out the flame and knocked Rudolf a bit.

 

Gunther seemed fine after that, how the hell he wasn’t deafened by that. Ezekill thought.

 

A cacophony of voices was heard from the crowd, cheering on both sides.

 

“We can’t break their defense, damn Gunther.” Rudolf said.

 

“Let’s kill, I mean knock Gunther first dad.” Ezekill said.

 

“I’ll isolate Elizabeth, I found a way to remove her from the fight.” He added.

 

Rudolf nodded.

 

Ezekill ran towards Elizabeth, Elizabeth did the same, she cracked her knuckles. She was wearing iron knuckles on her fist. As soon as they got close to each other, she threw a Shockwave Punch then Ezekill defended himself by uprooting a wall of thick glass, not just an ordinary glass, an anti-sound glass. The experiment was a success. He made a variation of glass, a fibreglass. But the cost was doubled, the soundwave bounced off and the fibreglass didn’t break. He moved to her side, and raised another wall of fibreglass, he moved behind her and raised another wall until she was surrounded with walls of soundproof glass.

 

Glass Cube! Now she’s encased, time to knock Gunther out! I bet she’s screaming inside. He thought.

 

“What! Elizabeth!” Gunther howled.

 

“Don’t look away Gunther!”

 

It was now One versus Two.

 

The crowd screamed again.

 

“Dad I’m almost out of mana, end him quickly, making those soundproof glasses was exhausting.” Ezekill panted.

 

“Okay then let’s make him sleep.” Rudolf replied.

 

Gunther shivered, he noticed Rudolf had stopped playing and got serious. Rudolf gave enough spotlight for Ezekill.

 

Ezekill used his aura to boost his father’s strength, and agility combined with Rudolf’s own Aura augmentation. Rudolf was swelling with power. Absolute Attack.

 

“Blind!”

 

Gunther was late as Rudolf already targeted him, Rudolf zoomed in a flash, swinging his sword as fast as sound, he couldn’t react. An explosion occurred, Gunther was knocked out, he laid down below the crater.

 

A sudden vibration was heard from the Glass Cube, the ground suddenly shaked, a wave of vibration knocked Ezekill unconscious and the Glass Cube was shattered.

 

Elizabeth was mad, being trapped inside a cube unable to do anything. In such a stressful environment she developed a new magic. She was panting, her breath was uneven.

 

Rudolf conceded. Gunther and Elizabeth won. Rudolf rushed towards Ezekill, Reyla stood up and rushed to aid Ezekill.

 

For the first time, Elizabeth was pushed to the limit, in her school she was the best mage trainee. She found her rival.

8