Chapter 12 – Invitation
111 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reyla rushed towards Ezekill, she took a knee and examined him. His circuits were overheated, the glow of his Arcane core dimmed, his body was burning and a steam of hot smoke was emitting from him. He used too much of his mana, he was at his limit. She constructed a magic circle below him, a blue magic circle was constructed and cast healing magic to ease his overheated body. She constructed another magic circle, on both of her hands the same structure of magic circle was manifested on her hands. She hovered her hands on Ezekill’s body, slowly healing him but it wasn’t enough, she was only giving him a first-aid and trying to stabilize his condition.

 

She appraised him,  his mana was negative, this is bad she thought. His condition was beyond her skills but she’s doing what she can do. She prayed to Herana to give her strength to heal him. His HP was slowly decreasing, and increasing she was healing him but his negative mana was slowly destroying him. It’ll be fine she thought, his body had no signs of cracking but the information she got was telling her that he would soon be in that state.

 

To fix him, it would require an Arcane Core surgeon, an expert of treating injuries/damages on someone’s Arcane Core.

 

She tried to stay calm, she couldn’t talk as the healing took everything she got, if she got distracted his HP would plummet quickly. It took a lot of concentration to fight back the HP draining.

 

Rudolf was quietly standing there, he was in a state of shock seeing his son’s life was endangered again. The knights that were spectating knew what had just happened, it was in their protocol to stay quiet when a healer was healing.

 

Shit no no no, Reyla thought.

 

Ezekill’s body was beginning to crack, his forehead had a small crack, slowly getting bigger. Reyla made her healing magic stronger to fight it back but it wasn’t enough. Reyla was drenched from face down to her neck, as Ezekill was slowly dying. She nodded, signaling that she needed mana as her mana was plummeting. A knight began searching for mana potion of any kind of quality; it doesn't matter, she needs to recover her mana or her healing stops. The fracture creeped down to his neck then the crack on his forehead expanded, she was losing hope of healing him until. The sky rifted open, and a mysterious woman appeared from the rift. Everything around her suddenly freezes, the birds above freezed, the knights, Reyla, and Rudolf.

 

She sighed, she weaved her hands, she drew a pattern of healing weave and pushed her hands towards Ezekill. The magic hits Ezekill.

 

“I can’t let you die now, lucky for you I took an interest in you child.” The mysterious woman murmured.

 

The woman disappeared, and the environment started to move again. Ezekill was glowing blue hue, quickly restoring his mana. His Arcane core was glowing back to normal state. The crack on his forehead was restored, Reyla’s eyes were wide open, her teeth were exposed. She was relieved and happy, somehow a miracle occurred in front of her eyes, she was sure that it was impossible for her to treat him. Her prayer was heard, she thought.

 

Rudolf witnessed the glowing, his skin was starting to go back to normal. He had no idea what happened but he was relieved that his son was stabilized. He ran to Reyla.

 

“Thank you healer! You saved my son!” Rudolf said.

 

“It wasn’t me, I don’t have the capacity to fix your son but a miracle had occurred.” Reyla said, dumbfounded from the event.

 

Elizabeth rushed towards her papa, she looked at him and back to her mama.

 

“Papa is fine, Eli, he's just asleep.” Lirah assured her daughter.

 

She smiled, and asked about Ezekill.

“Mama, what about Ezekill, did I hurt him? Is he okay?” She showed a sign of guilt and concern.

 

“Yes, Eli the healer is taking care of him, he should be fine.” She rubbed her hair.

 

Days later, Ezekill woke up from his coma. He opened his green eyes, he stood up, he scanned the room he was in. He recognized the room, it was his bedroom. His stomach growled as he hadn’t eaten anything because he was in a coma. He got out of his room, and walked the hall he headed downstairs.

 

Lina saw him at the main hall, she shouted and ran towards him.

 

“Ezekill!” Lina cried out loud.

 

She immediately hugged him, Yui heard Lina and rushed out of the kitchen she left what she was doing. Yui gazed at Ezekill, Ezekill saw Yui he smiled at her. Yui’s lacrimal glands suddenly produced tears, she cried seeing Ezekill woke up from his coma.

 

Elizabeth and Gunther rushed towards the main hall as they heard a fuss. Both of them saw him, Elizabeth felt relieved, she told him.

 

“I’m sorry Ezekill, I hurt you.” Elizabeth bowed her head.

 

“Please forgive me,” she added.

 

Ezekill walked forward, patted her head Elizabeth raised her head and looked at him. Ezekill smiled.

 

“No, it’s not your fault, don’t take the blame Eli I was the one who’s at fault, I let my guard down.” He smiled again.

 

“I-I take it back, you’re not a weakling.” Elizabeth replied.

 

Elizabeth recognized his skills, it was rare for her to admit mistakes, his papa Gunther was shocked, and he smiled. Elizabeth pointed her fingers towards him.

 

“I, Elizabeth, will not lose against you next time! My rival!”

 

As Elizabeth officially declared Ezekill as her rival, Ezekill's stomach growled. He blushed.

 

“Oh my, the lunch is ready, We should eat.” Lina said.

 

They walked towards the dining hall, and sat. The servants served the food and they ate.

 

“Elizabeth skipped her training just to see you, Ezekill.” Gunther said.

 

“Papa!” Elizabeth howled embarrassingly.

 

“What’s with that look! It’s not like I was worried!” She howled to Ezekill.

 

“Really? That’s nice of you Eli.” Ezekill smiled.

 

“Mom, where’s dad and Sofia?” Ezekill asked.

 

“Rudolf accompanied your sister at the Academy for her entrance exam.” Lina said.

 

“Academy?”

 

“Yes, Esron Military Academy she’s going to continue honing her skills there. She’s twelve now, the minimum age requirement to attend the academy.”

 

Ezekill thought her sister was amazing after she was trained by Rudolf, she never stopped honing her skills, she was an amazing hard worker.

 

After they ate their lunch, Ezekill checked his hand, he gripped and opened his hands. His hands were functioning well despite being in a coma days ago.

 

“I bet her stats are all fifteen by now.” He murmured.

 

“Mom, I’m going to train, I’m going to use her training room.” Ezekill stood up.

 

Lina sighed, but she didn’t stop him, she thought that he didn't want to become a burden to her sister so he decided to train again.

 

“I neglected my swordsmanship training.” He said.

 

Lina didn’t reply, she couldn’t stop him or he just let him be. Lina didn’t know which one was the best for him, stopping him and his growth, or let him exert himself again, and grow. Her concerned eyes gazed at him.

 

“Don’t worry mom! I’ll be careful now if I get tired I’ll rest!” Ezekill reassured his mother.

 

Ezekill walked out to the dining hall. Yui followed him and headed towards the training room that was recently made for Sofia, and now Ezekill would now use it.

 

Elizabeth decided to follow him, but he was stopped by Gunther. He reminded her that the Esron Magic Academia was going to resume tomorrow. She’s going to need her strength tomorrow. She pouted, just as when she declared her rivalry to him she couldn’t spar with him as school resumed tomorrow.

 

Gunther stood up and bowed his head as a gesture of gratitude for allowing Elizabeth to visit Ezekill everyday since the day he was in coma. Lina waved her hands as it was no problem, since both of their houses were friends. He smiled at Lina and took Elizabeth’s hand, they walked outside the mansion and left.

 

Ezekill and Yui went inside to the training room, it had a weapon rack at the entrance of the training room, it was full of wooden and blunted steel training swords, the room had few dummies and a bookshelf probably full of weapon training treaties.

 

He took a blunted steel longsword, and went to the bookshelf, he took a book. He flipped the book open, the Ascion longsword technique manual. He flipped pages after pages, the instructions and form he saw was very similar to Earth’s German longsword techniques but the different thing about the Ascion longsword treaty was magic was included, and aura, less in counters more on aggressive staggering strikes.

 

He closed his eyes, trying to recall the martial arts he learned from his highschool. Guide helped him remember the guards, the standard basic attacks, the grips, and techniques. All of his six years training since junior to senior high. He smiled remembering his past friends, his rivals, and the tournaments, it was fun. He chuckled as he remembered a funny scene. He felt alive for a moment.

 

[Congratulations you earned 5LP!]

 

He gripped the blunted steel longsword, he took his guard, he held his blunted training longsword above his head. He swung it downwards, uprising cut with his false edge, transition to ox guard. It didn’t flow so well. His three years old body didn’t follow his command so well. No wonder it didn’t register in his skill list.

 

He huffed, the blunted training sword was heavy for him but it’s good for his endurance, agility and strength. He continued to train using different drills.

 

Yui was standing watching him in amazement, his movements were a bit rough even for Yui’s beginners eyes but the way he wanted to move was outstanding for her.

 

Rudolf quietly got inside and silently observed, he signaled Yui not to make noise.

 

Ezekill swung his training sword and transitioned to different guards. He then tried to use his aura to boost the training sword, as the treaty instructed. So his skills in longsword and aura would progress at the same rate.

 

He kept continuing, forcing his child body to his command, he broke in sweats, he wiped his forehead. His labor breathing got heavier, Rudolf intervened and made his son stop.

 

“You just woke up, and you’re already pushing yourself.” Rudolf said.

“And where did you learn that technique? Your movement was a bit rough but the way you wanted to move, the way you forced yourself to move. It seems you know the technique. You keep surprising your Dad, the way you flow urged me to spar with you but I held myself since you’re still a kid.” Rudolf added.

 

Yui took a towel and wiped Ezekill’s sweat.

 

He ignored Rudolf’s question, how could he tell his dad that he learned it in his previous life. Since the two styles were similar he had come up with a reason.

 

“I just improvised what I saw from you and Sofia.” Ezekill replied.

“It looked more than improvised to me,” he said.

 

“Well I’m your son.” Ezekill replied.

 

“Stop flattering me.” He smiled.

 

Six years later, Ezekill was nine years old, Ascion didn’t have the custom to celebrate birthday every year; However that really depends on the family, the standard custom were three, six, nine, twelve, and sixteen.

 

When you reach twelve you’re considered an adult, you will hold responsibility for the crimes you commit since you’re already an adult unless you had the connections needed.

 

Everyone was celebrating his birthday, except for Sofia. Sofia was staying at the military academy, however each year she visits home.

 

She graduated and officially became a knight, not just an ordinary knight she was a squad captain of Iron Flower, it sounded like a metal band, Ezekill thought.

 

Every guard, servants and friends were in the dining hall, singing celebratory songs. They clapped, danced, and sang songs and extravagant dishes were served and eaten by everyone.

 

Rudolf presented the Golden Gauntlet that was meant for him; he brought along four coloured gems, green, blue, yellow, and purple.

 

“The time has come, I think this gauntlet will suit you well. I also have a present of my own. These colored gems will help you for a while until you find better ones, the green one increases your recovery rate since you’re a reckless brat. The blue one lets you blink for a short distance, only within your vision. The yellow improves your light magic, and lastly the purple one increases all of your six attributes by 10.”

 

Ezekill took the Golden Gauntlet, he wore it on his left hand, he took the green gem inserted it to the slot, he glowed a green hue then disappeared after two seconds, he felt his running nose were slowly being relieved and soon after it was gone. He took the purple gem and inserted it on the second slot, he glowed again with the same type of color of the gem.

 

[Strength increased by 10]

[Agility increased by 10]

[Endurance Increased by 10]

[Constitution increased by 10]

[Wisdom increased by 10]

[Intelligence increased by 10]

 

He felt the power of the purple gem, it felt good, he took the blue gem and inserted it and so on until every gem was inserted. He glowed with the same type of color of the gem.

 

[Golden Gauntlet]

A powerful artifact, created to harness the very power of the universe. Few have been fortunate enough to wear it, and even fewer have been powerful enough to collect all of the gems that power it. Often the gauntlet is worn by chaotic beings who seek out the power of these gems so they may wreak havoc across the universe.

Attuned to: Ezekill Raylight

Unarmed Strike: 20-25 Damage

Item Rarity: Legendary

Abilities:

Increases overall power of the Attuned user by: 200%

Slot 1: Platinum White Dragon Gem: When the Platinum White Dragon Gem is in the gauntlet, it deals additional 15 damage. The user may expend 1 charge to add 40 damage to the attack. The user may also spend 1 charge to make a ranged attack, dealing 50 raw mana damage. 10/10 Charges, recharges every 6 minutes.

Slot 2:  Greater Green Gem of Recovery: Increases HP, MANA, STA recovery rate by 20%

Slot 3: Lesser Purple Power Gem: Increases overall stats by 10.

Slot 4: Lesser Sapphire Spatial Gem: Allows the user to blink within 4 metre. 5 seconds cooldown.

Slot 5: Common Holy Gem: Increases Light Affinity damage by 20%

Yui gave Ezekill a book, not just an ordinary book she gave a book about spatial magic. His eyes glowed, this book wasn’t in their collection and to add more of that this looked expensive, even ordinary books cost a lot. He accepted the gift, he hugged and thanked Yui. She blushed and said it wasn’t a problem and she was glad he liked it.

 

[Congratulations you earned 5LP!]

 

He felt so lucky to be reborn into such a nice family. Ezekill sniffed, tried to hold back his tears, his eyes were turning red. He wished that his sister was here but he understood that her sister was on duty.

 

Well she came home, his wish was granted with a snap. It was probably a coincidence though.

 

They walked to the hall and to the dinning hall, as soon as Sofia saw Ezekill she ran towards him, she jumped and hugged Ezekill.

 

“I miss you little brother! You’ve grown taller!” Sofia howled.

 

“I miss you too big sister, it’s been awhile.” He smiled, he didn’t fight back her sister as he missed her.

 

“Come come! Ezekill meet my lieutenants! This giant man is Klaus! Klaus meet my genius brother Ezekill! This shorthaired elf is Silvanna, Silvanna meet Ezekill!” Sofia introduced her peers.

 

Ezekill smiled, and waved his hands to them. They also smiled. They sat at the table and the servants served them food, Sofia and her peers ate at the table.

 

While Ezekill entertained his guests.

 

Elizabeth approached Ezekill in her beautiful white corset dress, with golden patterns and designs. Her vanta black hair was over her shoulder, revealing her beautiful neck.

 

“H-Happy Bbbb-birthday Ezekill.” She handed over a gift to him.

 

“Why are you nervous?” Ezekill asked.

 

“It’s nn-nothing! I’m not nervous at all!” She crossed her arms.

“Hh-here dad said that I should give it to you,” she added.

 

Why can’t you be more honest? Ezekill thought.

 

“Thank you Eli, I appreciate your present.” He smiled.

 

Yui was observing from the back side, the butler asked for her help but he was told to shut up or die. She felt kinda annoyed somehow.

 

Yui approached Ezekill, she gazed at Elizabeth. Elizabeth gazed back. They gazed at each other, like it was a staring contest. Ezekill felt a heavy pressure from them.

 

What the hell is happening. He thought.

 

The floor was literally vibrating, the atmosphere slowly got cold.

 

“Oh my.” Lina said while her hands were on her cheeks.

“Oh boy, here we go.” Rudolf slapped his own face.

 

Unbeknownst to all the guests the floor shaked, the guests were a bit concerned, they thought it was a quake.

 

Ezekill didn’t know what to do, he raised his hands.

 

“Hmmph! Let's go Ezekill, let’s spar!” Elizabeth grabbed his left arm.

 

“No! master is going with me, I’m teaching him to cook his favorite dish!” Yui grabbed his right arm.

 

They both roared.

 

The scene they caused caught the attention of everyone in the dining hall. They did a tug of war with Ezekill’s body pulling him left and right.

 

“Your brother is famous, I wish that was me.” Klaus sighed in envy.

 

“Haha.” Sofia laughed in embarrassment.

 

“Gunther you should stop our daughter.” Lirah said.

 

“Okay I’m on it.” Gunther sighed, scratching his head.

 

Gunther bonked Elizabeth’s head to make her stop making a scene. She pouted and stopped pulling Ezekill’s arm. Peace and quiet soon followed.

 

[AUTOSAVED!]

 

Finally they calmed down. He thought, exhausted.

 

Soon after, oldmen in blue robes came inside the dining hall, as soon as they entered the crowd fell silent, and the attention was turned into them. Two oldmen strolled separately, one walked towards Ezekill. He approached Ezekill, he removed his hat and bowed to Ezekill while handing a black envelope sealed with an emblem he didn’t recognize.

 

The other one walked towards Elizabeth, handing her a silver envelope.

 

Rudolf didn’t recognize the brooch, it symbolized a circle and an Eye at the center.

 

“The Order of Magnus humbly invites you to attend our University.” The two mysterious wizards told Ezekill and Elizabeth.

 

Order of Magnus? He thought.

 

He read that word somewhere, then he recalled that there was a one order who were neutral to all political, geopolitics. It was them, the Order of Magnus, they solely focused on training mages throughout the world. The Order of Magnus was where the strongest mages breed, it was the breeding ground for skilled and powerful mages. That’s why the crowd went silent, from their presence they emit a powerful mana.

 

Magnus University, it was the university of every magic user where they wanted to learn from but the entrance exams were hard. And the cost of attending one was expensive.

 

As soon the crowd heard the name, a noise of soft whispers were heard.

Ezekill gazed at his stats.

 

[Uno]

 

[Stats]

Level: 80
EXP: 21000/120000

HP: 1020/1020

MP: 2870/2870

SP: 3200/3200

Sta: 500/500

 

[Job: Wizard] 

Affiliation: Order of Magnus

 

[Attribute Points: 100]

STR: 20

AGI: 50

Cons: 50

Endurance: 50

Wis: 110

Int: 185

 

[Magic]

Fire Affinity: Fireball,Fire bolt, Burning field,Dragon’s Breath, Flame lance, Flame of Aegis, Flame strike, Firestorm, Meteor swarm.

 

Magic Theory.

[Abilities]

Teleportation

Counterspell

 

[Skills]

Combat: polearm proficiency.

 

Labor: Teaching, magic tool making, Baking, Cleaning, Drawing.

 

[Passives]

True arcane core.

Rapid Mana Regeneration

Physical resistance.

 

Title:

Mage Slayer

Kinslayer

Bane of the Nightmare.

Elemental Wizard

 

So strong, He thought.

 

“You decide if you want to attend. When you open it, nice things will happen.” insync voice of both.

 

“I do! I want to go!” Elizabeth screamed.

 

Both Wizards vanished into thin air.

9