Chapter 13 – Decision
117 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ezekill found it suspicious, he didn’t read anything about the Order of Magus inviting someone to attend. Plus two different envelopes, the black one that he received and a silver for Elizabeth. Ezekill doesn’t want to think that he was a genius, the things he had achieved this past few years was because he was a twenty two years adult in a child’s body, literally. His knowledge from earth helped him a lot. If he was a child like everybody else he would be a miserable wench or perhaps an arrogant rich kid brat. Lucky for him, he retained his knowledge but even modern science didn’t have the answer for everything heck magic didn’t exist on earth. There was a lot of room to learn in magic, the university might have the answers for his questions.

 

There was a huge probability it might be a trap, the Nightmare that put a mark on him didn’t do anything this past six year, it might have wanted him to be separated from Rudolf. But what if it was a legitimate invitation he didn’t want to miss the chance of being invited to study at a prestigious university. This was a scam, like a low price merchandise and said it was original. Ezekill had been a victim of that scam, the mimi figurine he bought wasn’t original, the quality was shit.

 

If this one was really the nightmare’s bait then he must assess his capabilities to kill it in one on one match. First the HEMA he learned from his previous life had returned, his body was now fully accustomed with the techniques, additionally he had learned the weapon techniques of this world, his skill with longswords was still top-notch he was in higher ranks in tournaments. He just broke through Green first-level while he was practicing Aura swordsmanship.

 

Second his light magic, he had learned a new magic, Amaurotic Lambent. A ball of light was created that surrounds the user along with blinding and disorienting them. Solar Flare when this magic was cast it created a crescent shape light, travelled at ‘real’ speed of light, most of his magic doesn’t travel at speed of light but it was still the fastest magic. This new ultimate magic he learned was from his effort of carefully constructing his magic circle using equations that calculated the speed of light and carefully integrated it on his magic circle; although it took him three years to build the magic circle, and another year to get accustomed with his new ultimate magic. Lowering down the casting time. Even so this one was limited because of the huge cost, it instantly depleted his mana. It would probably take another year, or more to make his circuits to get used to the magic and being efficient with the mana cost. 

 

He was so focused on improving his new ultimate magic, he didn’t have the time to explore other affinities. Heck he even barely meditated anymore if he used his six years refining his aura then he would be Orange by now. But Light magic was more important, murdering mortals doesn’t take too much fancy just breaking their necks or stabbing them to death would be enough.

 

The magic system was deeper than the books mentioned from their collection. He also learned various utility magic, and combat magic. Third, his stats were improving a lot this past year, his strength, endurance and agility were now twenty. Wisdom and Intelligence was his highest, thirty. Lastly his constitution was the lowest, fifteen and sixty unspent attribute points. He was level ten.

 

He wondered if that Nightmare also grew stronger, it might also be preparing if he was to face the same Nightmare eight years ago, he would easily stamp it, probably. But if it was stronger, then he could only hope that they would be a match. He doesn’t want to fall behind from that monster, the university would help him grow a lot.

 

I’ll save here if shit goes wrong I can restart. He thought.

 

[Do you want to save? Y/N]

 

Yes

 

[Save success!]

 

When a messenger had arrived, he talked to Gunther. It seemed that the messenger was in a hurry, he didn’t stay long after they talked he left. Gunther gripped his hands, his face was darkened. He walked towards Rudolf, he approached him while Rudolf was laughing and talking to other noble guests, he was holding a wine glass. Gunther whispered to him, Rudolf’s joyful face had suddenly changed, his face was grim.

 

“The Krieg empire's army is gathering at their frontier. The king called for your presence along with the other three champions.” Gunther whispered.

 

“What!? I thought the king deescalated the situation!?” Rudolf replied.

 

“The efforts were futile, all those peace talks.” Gunther replied.

 

Rudolf put his hands on his face, he bit his lips. He gripped his own face, his forehead furrowed.

 

“Also another wave of mobilization of the Eternal Immortal King’s army, they had just passed Amanstan territorial waters.” Gunther whispered.

 

“What in the world is happening? This is the second wave, is the Empire of Eternal at war? And which kingdom?” Rudolf asked.

 

“I don’t know.” Gunther replied, he gripped his fist.

 

“I guess I have no other choice, I’m still hoping we won’t go to war though.” Rudolf tapped Gunther’s shoulder.

 

Ezekill decided to accept the invitation, but he needed to prepare first for the journey. Ezekill approached his dad, his face was full of emotions, he was angry, sad, and anxious.

 

Why is he so grim? He was laughing minutes ago. He thought.

 

“Dad, I’m going to accept the invitation.” Ezekill said while pulling his suit at his back.

 

“Oh hi Ezekill, sure my son I’ll give every support that I can. Is there anything you 

need?” Rudolf replied he tried to smile in front of Ezekill.

 

“Thank you Dad, is there any blacksmith capable of making unique things?” Ezekill asked.

 

“I know a master blacksmith dwarf, he’s the one who personally makes the knights weapons and armors, why?”

 

“I have something for him to make for me. I don’t know if he’s capable of forging it.” Ezekill put his hand on his chin.

 

“I see whatever you wanted him to make, he's capable enough to make it. He made Gunther’s armor and his gauntlet, mine too my longsword and armor.” Rudolf replied.

 

“I see, can I talk to him? Where is he now? I also need some ingredients dad, three of them in fact I think it won’t be hard to find.”

 

“He's always inside the inner bailey, and may I ask what ingredients is that?” Rudolf asked.

 

“potassium nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur.” Ezekill replied

 

“Pota- what? Uh sure charcoal and sulfur but I don’t know what that pota thing is.” Rudolf scratched his head.

 

“potassium nitrate, I think an Alchemist knows what it is.” Ezekill politely replied, trying not to be a smug.

 

“Oh I see. It might take a few days for your request to arrive.” Rudolf replied.

 

“Thank you daddy!” Ezekill smiled and hugged.

 

“You want to see the blacksmith right now? I can take you to him.” Rudolf asked.

 

“Yes! The earlier I talk to him the better.” Ezekill smiled while hugging his dad.

 

“Hmm I’ll take you to him, since I wanted to talk to him too.” Rudolf patted his head.

“Gunther, enjoy the party for now, stop thinking about it. I’ll leave with Ezekill.” He added.

 

Rudolf and Ezekill vanished out of existence and manifested back to existence in the inner bailey of the fortress. The structures they saw were the stables, animal pens, dedicated buildings where the servants would stay, barracks for the footsoldiers, and granaries, blacksmith, and a tavern. They strolled towards the shop, he stretched his hands blocking Ezekill.

 

“Wait here, I’ll call you when I’m done talking to him.” Rudolf said.

 

Ezekill nodded.

 

“Yo Bamur Masterforge.” Rudolf waved his hands.

 

“Ohh Marquess Raylight, How may I help you.” Bamur replied, while he lowered his head in respect.

 

“War is imminent, I want to order one thousand longspears, five hundred longswords, brigandine, and shield. Also please don’t mention it to my son when he talks to you. ” He smiled.

 

“And it’s not a rush order so can you make his request first?” He added.

 

He bowed his head.

 

“Ezekill, you can come now.” Rudolf signalled him to go inside.

 

Ezekill walked a few steps, the bell above the door tinged, he walked inside. He approached the dwarf, he was small but solid like a rock as expected but surprisingly he had no beard, how could a dwarf have a clean shave that wasn’t he expected. Ezekill talked about a weapon that was made of a circular tube made with metal integrated with a metal frame. Hardwood that curved like a cane handle, with circular protection around a small crescent shape metal. And hinged much like a door and rotated perpendicularly to the bore axis to expose the back tube and allow loading and unloading. He also said the measurements of the project. He asked if it was complicated for him to make his request. The master blacksmith held his shaved shin, he smiled and signalled an okay hand.

 

Ezekill gripped his fist and pulled it downward in excitement. Yes! he thought; although he must lower his expectations, even the thing he said might be too much for him since the technology was vastly obsolete. But he needed this for an additional arsenal.

 

The dwarf giggled in excitement, he had never had such a special request before, and from his explanation he had a clear image of the request but the hardest part was to put it into work. He always liked challenges like this.

 

“Give me a month, I’ll work on it with the help of my brothers. It wouldn't be a problem but quite a challenge.” The dwarf said with a huge grin on his face.

 

“Thank you, I’ll add more additional requests in the future.” Ezekill smiled.

 

Calm down, calm down, if he’s really a master of his profession this should be no problem for him to make me a gun, I’ll have more options when fighting. He thought.

 

Rudolf was dumbfounded by their conversation, he never saw Bamur that happy.

 

“Dad, I need potions for my journey, I found a shop that makes high quality potions.” Ezekill said.

 

“I see, here take this pouch, buy whatever you need.” Rudolf replied.

 

He took the pouch and opened it.

 

What the hell, this pouch is full of platinum coins!? Did he just literally carry this much?  He screamed.

 

“Ah, I also need a bastardsword that fits my proportions.” Ezekill talked to the dwarf.

 

“Hmmm, wait here.” Bamur said.

 

Bamur walked towards the door behind the counter, they waited for a bit. The door tinged, Bamur was holding a sword, and placed it on the counter, it was sheathed.

 

“I feel something unique about you, most families won’t just give their heirloom to strangers but I feel like you’ll make good use of it, instead of collecting dust. This one is the best sword our family made, but it was never used since our house is full of nice guys.” He smiled.

 

He unsheathed the bastard sword, its softly glowing, translucent colored metallic crystal. The bastardsword’s blade was a deep, translucent blue like a sapphire. The blade also had incantation written on it. The beautiful guard and hilt was a shining yellow, the pommel was shaped like a diamond.

 

 Ezekill gazed at the beauty and he was charmed by it. Ezekill appraised the Majestic weapon.

 

[Crystalis Lvl.1]

A powerful artifact that was created by the Masterforge for generations. Possessing abilities that need to be discovered. Discovering Crystalis hidden abilities depends on the user’s will to unveil its secrets.

Attuned to: 

50-125 Damage

Item Rarity: Legendary - Artifact.

Abilities:

Connected: The attuned user can feel Crystalis location, distance doesn’t matter.

Recall: Crystalis returns at attuned user’s will.

Indestructible: Immune to any damage, or abuse from the user.

Morph: Crystalis can morph into any type of swords.

Sharpness: Increased damage to armor by 30%

Bamur talked about the materials that it was made of. The sword was originally made from blue lucent crystal, a unique material that fell from the sky in

that it was immensely light, indestructible and hard. It took them many generations to forge the Crystalis. The blue lucent crystal’s attribute was it adopted a supernatural enhancement to the intended object it formed into, with blades, their cutting ability became so enhanced that they could slice through steel like butter and significantly damage an adamantium armor. 

 

The techniques they used were secret, until now Bamur hadn’t perfected the technique.

 

There were only ten items that were made from this god-like material. And a hundred imitations, it had the same attribute but it was far inferior than the original.

 

“I can’t afford this!” Ezekill shouted.

 

“Hmmm think it like this, you down pay me twenty platinum and spread my name. That this partner of yours was made by Bamur Masterforge! That would be enough payment.” He smiled.

 

Sus, he thought.

 

“So you think, I’ll become a legend or something? No way no way I’m just an ordinary kid.” Ezekill frowned.

 

“Describe ordinary. What kind of kid talks about a unique weapon and requests it to be made!” Bamur howled.

 

“So that’s your basis why you thought I’ll become famous? That’s so vague, I was just using my imagination!” Ezekill howled back.

 

“Just take it brat! It would just be collecting dust here!”

 

“How about your brothers, did they approve you to sell this precious heirloom!?”

 

“Brat, listen! You don’t need to think that it’s my business!”

 

“Fine, no taking back because I was just given a lot of platinum coins by my dad!”

 

“Give it to me you rich brat!”

 

“Just chill out old man! Stop shouting!” He howled while taking twenty platinum coins.

 

Bamur took a contract and a dagger, he gave it to Ezekill.

 

“Put your blood into it, this contract will be sealed,” He said.

 

Ezekill took time to read the contract. It looked like he had already written this a long time ago. Some of the ink had faded, he used the dagger to slice his finger a bit. The blood dripped and he put his thumb on the paper.

 

“Wipe your blood on the sword, so it will be forever bound to you.”

 

He did what he instructed, he felt the connection. He was told by Bamur that there were some interesting effects from the link between a person and a blue lucent crystal object. Whoever was connected to it could feel it like it was a part of their body and know when it had been touched by someone else. The linked person developed a sense of the sword’s direction when separated, no matter the distance, and when close enough. The linked person could pull the blue lucent crystal object to them in a direct line. The blue lucent crystal would ignore gravity and fly.

 

The imitation can be binded to a person and had the same effect with the original one, but it couldn’t be called back. He would know the location but he can’t recall it.

 

“Why didn’t you bind this weapon with you?” Ezekill asked.

 

“Because our family had an oath that we would never bind ourselves to Crystalis if we don’t perfect the family techniques of mystical forging, the ancestor who finished the Crystalis was an idiot. That’s one of the reasons why it was never used, but the oath doesn’t include selling it” He laughed.

 

I’ll save here before something happens, I’ll never know if we’ll have the same interaction when I restart and lose this beauty. He thought

 

[Do you want to save?]

 

Yes.

 

[Saved success.]

 

Rudolf squinted his eyes in jealousy.

 

“The Crystalis is yours, by the way don’t forget to tell me what secrets you had unlocked with Crystalis. It was forged by a lot of generations of master blacksmiths, each generation who were tasked to continue they put their own shit into it, so I reckoned it had a lot of hidden abilities,” he smiled.

Ezekill held Crystalis tightly, and suddenly the proportions of Crystalis shrunken down to match his body.

 

“Oh, that one I know already, it was written in the manual, most of my ancestors didn’t write down what they added, so there's still a lot of secrets in it, tell me when you uncovered it.”

 

Bamur brought a suit of armor outside, and signalled them to follow.

 

“Test it on this steel armor.”

 

Ezekill nodded, he did a test swing of the sword for the correct angle, and did a wrathguard and swung the sword diagonally. The armor was easily cut along the mannequin that wore it.

 

Bruh this shit looked like movie armor, it got through to it like a paper. He thought.

 

He got inside and took adamantium armor and placed it on the same spot. He did the same thing, swung the sword, it made a significant cut and dented, resisted along the way but it didn’t matter if the wearer was dead anyways. This sword was deadly, not even the modern steel could cut like this. It also could be one handed or two handed.

 

Both of them were in awe, it was like a dream, this sword was his. He only planned to buy a Mithril sword or a steel one but this was a lot of step up. Bamur instructed him to try throwing the sword. Ezekill was having second thoughts of following the instruction, but he did it anyway. He threw it above, the thought of wanting it back flew into his mind and Crystalis flew back towards his left hand.

 

He gazed at Crystalis in awe. Ezekill bowed his head in respect to Bamur. His views on Bamur had changed, maybe he could do it. He thought.

 

Crystalis was buckled into his belt.

 

“I’ll go back inside, I’ll be in my workshop for a while.”  Bamur said.

 

“Ezekill, it’s time to go home, our business is done here right?” Rudolf asked.

 

Ezekill nodded, he hugged his father and blinked back to the mansion.

 

“Sofia, look.” He said with a smug face.

He unsheathed the Crystalis in front of Sofia, it’s sapphire blade illuminated. Sofia was in awe, while Ezekill raised the sword as high as he could and put his free hand on his side while making a smug face.

 

“Woah, who made that sword!”

 

“Bamur Masterforge!” Ezekill shouted as loud as he could.

 

“Ehhh that guy!?” Sofia was stunned.

 

He sheathed the sword while looking smug at his sister. Sofia got annoyed, and tried to hit Ezekill. Ezekill crouch he teased his sister by revealing his tongue. Sofia cracked her knuckles, and tried to grapple Ezekill. Ezekill used the gauntlet to blink behind her.

 

“Bleeh, too slow.”

“Y-you brat!  you were lucky because you were wearing that Gauntlet!” Sofia howled.

 

“Oh is that a challenge? Even without this you don’t have the ability to catch me,” He replied with a smug tone.

 

“Fine, you want to play a game, I’ll give you a game.” Sofia stretched his hands and legs.

 

Sofia sprint towards Ezekill while stretching her hands to catch Ezekill. Ezekill slowed her down with Velocity Manipulation.

 

“See? You float like an idiot, you’ll float like that forever my mana pool is huge my dear sister.” He smirked.

 

Sofia raged, released her Aura like a mad bull with her sheer strength she broke the debuff.

 

What a monster, he thought.

 

“I surrender, you’re too scary when you rage like that,” Ezekill giggled.

 

Sofia locked Ezekill’s neck under her arms, and tickled him to death. He wiggled like a worm and laughed hysterically.

 

Rudolf watched them play, even though Sofia was already an adult when it came to Ezekill she reveals her child-like side. Rudolf smiled, and he wanted to protect this peace they had.

 

“Happy birthday brother,” Sofia said while locking his neck.

 

“Thank you Sofia.” He smiled.

 

Three days had passed, the materials he asked arrived, he quickly got down to the basement, the basement had a huge area. Things he saw were supplies, there was another door a few walks away. He got inside to the door, it was an armory. It had weapon racks, chests and a rectangular table to maintain the weapons. He took a stool and sat. He placed the materials, he made sure that he was far away from the lightsource. Took a mortar and pestle, he filled the mortar with charcoal and grind the charcoal with pestle. He placed the powdered charcoal on the white sheet, he cleaned the mortar and did the same thing with the last two materials.

 

He then carefully weighted each material measuring it by percentage. He carefully mixed the material, adding a bit of water for safety measures. Ezekill grinds the materials for fifteen minutes, the black gunpowder was made, he then puts it on a wooden box.

A month had passed, Bamur personally delivered the gun Ezekill ordered. Ezekill opened the wooden box that housed the gun. It was beautifully built and had a blue paint job and golden hand grip and forend. The wooden forend had been engraved. He checked the chamber, it was the dimensions he requested. He checked the safety, it was working. It was perfect. He forward his pistol without pointing at them looking at the ironsight. He pressed the trigger and the ting sound was beautiful when the hammer hit the firing pin. The gun was a single shot break action. Sofia and Rudolf stared at the thing dumbfoundedly. It had moderate damage of twenty to thirty.

 

How the hell, what the fuck. How the hell did he make this shit without the aid of modern machines? He thought.

 

“I tested it, but I still don’t know what it does.” Bamur said, scratching his head.

 

“I have another project for you to make.” Ezekill said while giving him his payments.

 

He grabbed a piece of paper in his pocket, and gave it to Bamur. Bamur looked at the paper, it was a blueprint for the cartridge, it had a drawing of the case, how to make the primer and how to integrate it, and the bullet. He gave the black powder, and the explosive for the primer he made, it was also in the paper on how to safely insert the powder.

“And please don’t analyze the powder, don’t let your dwarf's curiosity get you.” He smiled.

 

“So how many months does it take to make fifty of them, this one isn’t too complicated like this Blue Beauty, you made.” He added.

 

“I have my brother's help, so it would take about a week or two.” He replied.

 

“Did they know? That you sold Crystalis to me?” He asked out of curiosity.

 

“No, they didn’t pay attention to it since we grew up, so no.” Bamur replied.

 

Bamur waved his hand, he didn’t seem excited about the next commission Ezekill gave.

 

Another month had passed, Bamur delivered the bullets, it was in a wooden box, the bullet had each compartment to separate them. Bamur had received his payment.

 

“It was harder than I thought! sorry the item you requested arrived a bit late.” He laughed.

 

“It was hard to make it in perfect shape as you requested, but I think we did a good job.” Bamur replied.

 

“Okay let’s go outside to test it out.” Ezekill signalled him to follow.

 

They were outside the mansion, Ezekill constructed a magic circle and an earth spike had risen. He also brought a stand that he prepared for testing. He placed Blue Beauty on the stand, tied a rope on it’s trigger, while getting some distance from it. Ezekill pulled the rope, and the sapphire gun fired. A boom can be heard outside, Bamur who was standing there without preparing himself got startled from the bang.

 

Guards quickly ran outside, they got alarmed from the boom. Ezekill calmed them down that it was an experiment like always. The guards giggled and shoved off their worries, they had gone back to their duties.

 

“Blue Beauty works, and also the cartridge you made. Damn how did you even make this.” Ezekill was amazed.

 

He unloaded the gun.

 

“By mystical forging, kid.” Bamur replied.

 

“I guess, it’s time to open the letter.” He murmured.

 

“Oh before you go, I want you to make more of it, wait me here.” Ezekill said.

 

Ezekill walked towards the armory, and took more gunpowder and explosive compound. He gave it to Bamur but this time, it wasn’t rushed. Bamur bowed his head and walked outside the gates.

 

Blue Beauty was holsted from a custom made shoulder holster. The bullets were also held by the shoulder holster, five each side the total of ten from both. He also had bullets in his pockets, and another 10 from the custom made belt.

 

I wish dad was here, why did he go to the capital so suddenly, I’m wondering what’s his reaction with this gun. He thought.

 

[AUTOSAVED!]

 

Now he’s prepared, it’s time to open the letter. First he wanted to ask Yui’s opinion. He strolled to the backyard where Yui was tending the flowers. He approached Yui.

 

“Hi Yui.” Ezekill smiled.

 

“Hello master.” She replied.

 

“Uhmm, I’m planning to study at Magnus University, I’m asking for your opinion.” Ezekill asked.

 

“My opinion? I want you to pursue your goal master, but to be honest I would be lonely without you.” She smiled as she replied.

 

I want her to come with me but if the letter was a trap, she might get hurt. I’ll protect her if it was indeed a trap, I don’t want to leave Yui. He thought.

 

“Come with me.” Ezekill put his hands towards her.

 

Yui took his hands, and stood up. She blushed. They walked inside the mansion, and went upstairs, they walked the hall to his room. He took the letter from the desk.

 

“Take everything you need, I already packed mine.” He said.

Yui packed her clothes in her bag. They stood from the empty space surrounded by their baggage and Ezekill read the letter.

 

“Let’s see where the location is.” He murmured.

 

[Warning: A force teleportation had been activated.]

 

What the! He screamed.

 

A magic circle was constructed on the limestone floor, it glowed and Both of them disappeared and reappeared in front of the entrance of the university. Ezekill drew his gun, and their vision returned. The first thing he saw was a huge wall and some kind of barrier surrounded the place. They looked forward, there were a lot of people in front of the gate, most of them were wearing robes, and pointy hats. Ezekill showed a sign of relief that it wasn’t a scam.

 

6