Chapter 14 – Entrance Exam
85 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They walked on the stone roads, approaching the entrance. There were a crowd of people trying to apply to study in the University, it was the time of the year when the school’s open and Magnus University always reached its capacity each semester. In order to remedy that they only accepted students who had the talents to use magic, and thus the birth of the entrance exam. 

 

The Order of Magnus was known for magic, education and its neutrality. They seek students who had incredible talent in magic. If they do, they’ll advance their knowledge in magic. They contributed the most to developing magic, making it more versatile.

 

They waited in the line, half an hour later they were next.

 

“Next! Student scorecard please,” The mage said.

 

“Uh, I don’t have it but I have this instead.” Ezekill handed over the black letter.

 

The mage gasped, “Ahhh! Is this the black witch seal!? Being personally recommended by that bi- ahem I mean headmaster. Please get inside there’s a building on the left and go there next.” He bowed and smiled.

 

“Next!”

 

“Uh me? No, I'm his servant, and I’m accompanying him.” Yui said.

 

“Oh I see, typically servants of the nobles aren’t allowed here but he got a recommendation so it’ll be fine I guess.”

 

“Thank you,” Yui bowed and followed.

 

“Next!”

 

They got inside the wall, a big ass tower that was made from stone connected along with three similar sized towers. It was connected with bridges, it was seen at the center. The three towers were surrounded by inner walls. The tower was bigger and taller than the Esron fortress tower. Towering the battlements that surrounded it that fused along the stone walls, there were different kinds of buildings. But Ezekill doesn’t know their purpose. They were in awe, it was a sight to see the marvel of engineering of this world was a mystery for Ezekill. Ezekill snapped back to reality and focused on the enrollment, they headed to the instructed building. It seemed like a registry building of somesort.

 

Ezekill jerked the door open, Yui followed inside. They saw a rectangular table at the center with a laid down tablet fused integrated with the glass connected by some tubes. It looked like a magic tool. The inside was made of sturdy wood, the light source was a glowing stone that attached from the wall.

 

“Welcome, dear enrollee, please put your hands on this magic circle. The magic tool will analyze your core, and soul by connecting to it.” The mage smiled.

 

Ezekill followed the instruction and put his palm on the marble tablet that housed the paper with a magic circle on it. The glass had his stats on it, The glass magically lost its reflection.

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

 

[Stats]

Level: 10
EXP: 0/10000

HP: 270/270

MP: 1420/1420

SP: 800/800

Sta: 320/320

 

[Attribute Points: 60]

STR: 20 (+10)

AGI: 20 (+10)

Cons: 15 (+10)

Endurance: 20 (+10)

Wis: 30 (+10)

Int: 30 (+10)

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

Light affinity: Pillar of Light, Bend Light, Light Bullet, Light Shortsword, Refraction Ray, Amaurotic Lambent, Solar Flare, Blinding Light Trap. 

 

Earth affinity: Burial Ground, Earthen Grasp, Earth spike, Stone bullet, Earth Lance, Earthen Armor, fertile soil, muddy ground, sink trap.

 

Glass affinity: Glass spike, Glass lance, Shard bullet, Glass Cube.

 

[Abilities]

Velocity Manipulation.

Swordsmanship boost.

 

Aura Mastery: Aura magic damage multiplier, Strengthen, Speed Boost.

 

[Skills]

Combat: level 5 Ascion sword-style, level 30 Kunst des Fechtens system, level 30  Flos Duellatorum system, level 20 Eskrima system. Level 6 Tactician, level 20 longsword proficiency, level 15 dagger proficiency.

 

Labor: level 20 Alchemy, level 2 Cooking, level 5 Cleaning, level 6 Gardening, level 20 History.

 

[Titles]

Sister’s love

Yui’s love


[Passive]

True arcane core

Green Aura Mastery  - First Level

The Guide. (HIDDEN)

Blessings of Herana.(HIDDEN)

 

The guide and the blessing isn’t written on the glass, He thought.

 

“Woah wow, at such a young age your magic is already at 8th tier, and already at true arcane core. Additionally a level twenty alchemy holy shit.” The mage commented.

 

“I thought that kid with 7th tier magic was already a genius. This generation keeps surprising me. Hahahaha,” he laughed.

 

“Thank you for the compliment,” Ezekill bowed his head.

 

Wait? What level 20 alchemy? For the past nine years I didn’t see any levels!? He thought.

 

While Yui behind Ezekill was looking smug. The mage operated some kind of magic tool that looked like a waiting ticket machine. He took a piece of small paper and gave it to Ezekill.

 

“Here’s your number, your number is 561. Before you go, would you like to allocate your unspent attribute points? If you want to pass, this might give you more chances to impress the teachers,” The mage said.

 

I see, this was the kind of tool that could check your stats and spend your AP; although I have the Guide to do it for me. Ezekill thought.

 

“Yes, I would like to spend my saved attribute points.” Ezekill replied.

 

“There’s a cross sign on its side. Just push the cross sign to add on the desired attribute, and after you add, a dash line would appear on the left, you could deduct the points you added. Then confirm or cancel it after.” He instructed.

 

This system is like an RPG, why I’m even surprised, my new life I’d been seeing stats. Ezekill thought.

 

Ezekill increased his strength and agility by five. Ten points on Constitution, twenty each on wisdom and intelligence.

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

 

[Stats]

Level: 10
EXP: 0/10000

HP: 370/370

MP: 1620/1620

SP: 700/700

Sta: 320/320

 

[Attribute Points: 0]

STR: 25 - + (+10)

AGI: 25 - +  (+10)

Cons: 25 - + (+10)

Endurance: 20 + (+10)

Wis: 50 - + (+10)

Int: 50 - + (+10)

 

Confirm, or Cancel.

 

“Next go inside the stadium east of the central towers, combat is your first entrance exam, don’t worry about losing to the mage who will test you, you'll score with your performance.” He added.

 

Ezekill and Yui bowed their heads, and left for the next destination.

 

“Yui, I’m kinda nervous, I don’t know how well I’ll perform.” Ezekill said.

 

“Don’t worry master, you’ll do well because you practiced a lot.” Yui smiled.

 

Ezekill and Yui walked along with other enrollees, They passed by buildings after buildings until they arrived at the center. The size of the place was intimidating, it had the height of a skyscraper and they continued to walk to the east towards the stadium.

 

This is the second time I was reminded that I’m in a fantasy world. He thought.

 

They arrived, the Stadium was circular in shape with two levels of arches around the outside. It was made of stones.

 

They walked towards the huge two wooden doors, two mages were at the door welcoming the enrollees, they wore a black cloak with a gold or brass pendant for holding the cape of their uniforms on. Inside the cloak they wore a broach that had an eye symbol and the pupil shaped like an hourglass. It was the same symbol on the seal on the envelope that was given to him.

 

They got inside the lobby, it had an arch and pillars, hallways with stairs that connected to the upper levels. The floor was made from polished stone, and the floor had something written on it. It said Grataos adus magnumus oratoremis urbis romae university, Welcome to Magnus University in Orientem language. They strolled deeper inside, it had a huge empty space. There were a lot of glass art portraits of someone but he didn’t recognize them, they walked up stairs. It had elevated spectator seats. The Stadium had box seats for the headmasters, teachers and powerful visitors. The upper level seats were for the Students, and mages. 

 

They sat at the second level of the stadium like seats while waiting. There was an ongoing match. The stage was big, big enough that you could do chariot battles on the stage.

 

The enrollee wore a black linen tunic, along with black pants. The mage who tested the enrollee was Uno. Uno lifted his gaze towards Ezekill, he smiled, Ezekill thought that Uno was happy that he decided to accept the invitation. 

 

The test started, Ezekill was now witnessing how mage fight because the way he fought was unorthodox, both of them started with defensive field. 

 

Uno had a burning field around him, the enrollee had a water bubble circling him, it was ignoring physics.

 

Uno casted four magic circles, and fire bolts were blasted on his magic circles. They zoomed to the enrollee, the enrollee used his bubble to shoot out pressurized jets to neutralize the fire bolts. Uno didn’t give the enrollee a chance, he constructed more than ten magic circles, then barraged him with firebolts. The enrollee was desperately trying to neutralize it, but it was too many for him to defend some of it penetrated the bubble and hit him but it was quickly healed, some firebolt hits his defensive field, the enrollee reacted by reinforcing his bubble but the effort were futile, Uno casted another barrage of firebolts ending up destroying his defensive field. For most mages this was a loss or death if their defensive field was broken.

 

The enrollee fell to deep depression, he sighed. Both of them left the stage after Uno evaluated his performance. He got seven out of ten for his defense, tactics and offense was three, restoration was eight, mana pool was five out of ten and creativity was seven out of ten.

 

Ezekill thought he would be a good support mage, he probably passed from his judgement but the boy had a grim on his face.

 

Suddenly a number manifested above the stage, 399 the enrollees checked their papers including Ezekill, even though he knew that his on five hundred above he just likes to double check things. An enrollee stood up. She wore long red sleeves along with black corset with large red buttons, a wide, polished black leather belt with an ornamental buckle, tight black pants, and knee-high black riding boots. From just the waistline, Ezekill knew it was Elizabeth.

 

Elizabeth jumped off, showing off her magic, she used her sound magic to propel her above and control her directions. She used her sound magic to make her landing safe. Her majestic jump made the boys impressed, they started to whisper from each other. The girls were mixed, some were wowed, some had envious expressions, some were blasé.

 

Elizabeth was standing on the stage, she unbuckled her upgraded steel knuckles. It had incantations written on it indicating it was enchanted, it was thicker than her previous iron knuckles.

 

Ezekill noticed that Elizabeth was playing dirty, she constructed magic circles around while she walked, she was pretending to be bored of waiting and decided to wander. It was typical of her, she was the embodiment of a tactician. Truly his rival.

[Elizabeth Gran]

 

[Stats]

Level: 12
EXP: 200/12000

HP: 320/320

MP: 820/820

SP: 1000/1000

Sta: 270/270

 

[Attribute Points: 10]

STR: 35

AGI: 30

Cons: 30

Endurance: 25

Wis: 40

Int: 40

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

Sound affinity: Sonic burst, paralyzing shout, Sonic trap, Sonic wave, Scream of Pain. Shockwave Punch, Thunder Clap.

 

[Abilities]

Aura Mastery: Attribute Boost, Object Boost.

Rage

Dragon Cannon

 

[Skills]

Combat: level 20 Gauntlet proficiency, level 20 Hand to hand proficiency, level 10 Gran wrestle style, level 10 Taykwund martial-art style, level 5 Jeet kune do martial-art style, level 12 Lirah Dirty Fighting.

 

Labor: Level 10 Cooking, level 5 cleaning, level 15 sewing, level 3 first-aid.

 


[Passive]

Rare arcane core.

Green Aura Mastery - Third Level

Her stats were a bit above him, but her wisdom and intelligence were a bit lower. She still had ten unspent attribute points. The most terrifying thing she had learned was her father’s Dragon Cannon, and she developed rage ability. Rage was terrifying, it increases your damage and speed, in exchange for exhaustion after the rage in mmorpg’s. Ezekill also wondered if it had the same application. Additionally she fully mastered the sound quake she learned.

 

The mage entered the arena, she wore a white robe with intricate golden patterns, she wore a necklace with a pendant. It had hand symbols that depicted an animal with horns, three of them in fact at the center, tilted to the left, and right. She had grayish skin, very pointy ears, her eyeballs were black and she had red pupils and irises. She was a dark elf.

 

According to the books that Ezekill had read. Dark Elfs were known for their aggression, deceit, and stealth. They were very brutal and cruel by nature, having little mercy when it comes to cheating, battling, or anything dealing with the life of another being. They had a deep respect for their own kind, but at times waging war against each other.They often cannibalize the criminals of their kind, being eaten was one of the ways to restore honor. Clans were known to band together, to combat invasions and attacks by other races. They don’t mix blood with other races; if they did, it was often ridiculed, filth and disowned. They lurk in dark places and love the shadows. Rarely will they come into the light for needless purposes. Dark Elfs generally traveled in caravans, as their tendencies towards cheating and theft make them targets for retaliation and violence at the hands of other races. Or so the human written books had told.

 

It was the same for dwarfs, they were often depicted as greedy, hardworking, drunk, and had a huge ass beard. But Ezekill saw Bamur, he wasn’t like the book depicted about his race. So he didn’t judge the dark elf but the uneducated, ignorant brats had already started to judge her because of her race. They started to murmur from each other. Ezekill felt it was wrong to judge a race because the books told them that they were bad.

 

I guess winners write history applied here. He thought.

 

Elizabeth cracked her neck, she inhaled and exhaled as the breathing training of her dad told her to do.

 

She was in charge stance, her stance looked like an athlete runner, as soon as the dark elf mage said start. She started sprinting, her arms cocked like wings, she used her sound magic to boost her movement speed towards the mage. Before she could reach her, the mage released a high frequency sound wave, her eyes were all white, her ears and nose were bleeding. She got knocked out for a second, then she recovered to continue charging. The mage released another high frequency attack; she used her sound quake to counter her high frequency attack, the ground rumbled as two sounds clashed, a barrier blocked their magic to protect the observers.

 

The crowd was confused, they heard nothing as the barrier blocked the sound.

 

She got close and used Shockwave Punch, a thunderous shockwave was heard as she tried to hit her with her fist. The mage dodge to the side, flicking her finger a quick magic circle appeared from her hands as it was completely constructed it disappeared, and a loud bang blasted Elizabeth. Her side was hit, blasting her away from her, but Elizabeth counterattacked, she constructed two magic circles on both hands and clapped. A cone of vibrations were released, the dark elf guarded, covering her ears and hunched back hitting her knocking her back a few meters away.

 

This time the sound wasn’t blocked, the crowd gasped, as they exchanged blows.

 

Elizabeth groaned, the hit hurted her internal, the mage was standing in front of her, just a few steps back she’ll trigger the trap. Elizabeth opened her mouth, a magic circle was constructed and blasted a Sonic Burst, the mage blocked it again knocking her back a bit. Elizabeth zoomed at the speed of wind by using magic, a gust of dust blew behind her. As soon as she got close, she used her martial arts, she punched the mage, the mage was on guard covering her face, she used feints tricking her to change her direction, she found an opening and hook the side of her face. A boom cracked as the Shockwave Punch hit her cheeks. She jumped back as the punch made her dizzy. Elizabeth’s plan was executed, the dark elf stepped on the hidden trap, the transparent white magic circle appeared below her, and a roar of sound came crashing into her ears, she was disoriented and her vision got blurry. 

 

Elizabeth wasn’t done yet. Her hands glowed a blue hue, and swung her arms in full body motion using all of her mass, her steel knuckle was reinforced by her Aura.  A fierce dragon appeared charging and hitting the dark elf.

 

“DRAGON CANNON!”

 

The dark elf flew as she rotated, the crowd stood up and screamed, cheering, it was rare for them to see a fledgling mage defeating a full fledged mage. Even the other teachers were stunned, the headmaster in a silver suit laughed, grinning, and smugged.

 

As the dark elf flew in mid-air, Elizabeth used another magic but it was blocked by the headmaster using a sound nullification. The headmaster clapped, he walked towards the dark elf.

 

“I told you, don’t underestimate her, her report card of Esron Academia didn’t exaggerate just because she’s a noble born, that doesn’t mean everyone lies about their capabilities. You even doubted my decision to send her an invitation to our University.“ The headmaster said while rubbing his beard.

 

The headmaster in a silver suit with the same necklace and pendant, he had brown skin, white hair and beard, he was stocked.

 

“You tried to end the fight quickly using your ultimate magic, without assessing what she’s capable of. Well thanks to you she’ll grow quicker.” The headmaster added.

 

The dark elf stood up, and evaluated her, she recognized her talents even her hatred for rich nobles. She gave her perfect ten.

 

“What’s your name, old man?” Elizabeth asked.

 

“Walter von Frigen, child.” He smiled.

 

“Can you teach me that magic? The magic that blocked mine?” Elizabeth asked.

 

“If you pass the other tests and officially become a student of Magnus University.” He replied.

One month ago, before Rudolf's departure.

 

Inside the fortress armory, Rudolf was sorting out the stockpile of weapons they had along with the help of other soldiers, making sure they had enough supplies. Rudolf checked the magic weapons and tools. It wasn’t enough to equip everyone with magic weapons, magic tools, and magic armor but enough for the strongest knights. After counting, he also checked the magic stone supplies, he wrote down everything and gave it to the logistic officer.

 

“Report it to the Duke and the Lead Economist, we don't have enough magic tools. We have to be prepared,” Rudolf said.

 

The logistic officer saluted, raising her right arm forward and beating her chest. She sprinted afterwards.

 

Rudolf wandered in the hallway, he put his arms at the back of his head, he was in deep thought while he sighed. 

 

When he was young he was trained by his father to fight and he was actually into it.  He was hella bloodthirsty, participating in even the smallest skirmishes, honing his skills and abilities through battles. His mastery of sword plus his savage methods of killing his opponents earned him the title Kinslayer.

twenty two years ago, during the first war with the Empire, he met Gunther. At that time Gunther was a freeman and drafted as men-at-arms during the ascion-empire war. They fought side by side as his commander, Gunther idolised and respected Rudolf both as a commander and ruthless warrior. Through their contribution Rudolf was bestowed the title Champion and Gunther earned nobility, Gunther then followed him to this day.

They named him the Phase Demon, the Spectre of the Battlefield, the Blinking Terror who would charge straight through the enemy lines, and he wouldn’t return until he was literally bathed in blood. If the blood dripping from his soaked armor were from foes, friends, or his, only he could tell. The very same person who’d come out of many a battle with injuries that would have killed any normal person. And yet, he looked pristine, as if he had only poured wine on his full plate armor.

 

They knew of his prowess, yet the rarity of Golden Aura Knight in the continent made them his sight. And implanted a deep-seated fear inside their head. A fear of a power greater than their own, who could easily turn in on them and they would be none the wiser.

 

Despite that, he had garnered respect from his comrade, who he shared many life and death situations with.

 

Twenty years ago Rudolf met with Hansel after the war, Hansel taught him the importance of life and how to respect it. His fellow mortals weren't the real enemy. He was shown that there was a greater threat lurking. To prove his point he let Rudolf join the hunt along with Gunther showed them their real enemies. They hunted, fought nightmares, the experience made Rudolf realise that mortal life was fragile compared to these monsters. He enjoyed hunting Shades more than slaying pathetic human lives, the thrill the way Shade struggled more. They weren't officially members of the Order of Layawin but they were allowed to join the hunt, someone like Rudolf was beneficial. The Order of Layawin didn't just hunt nightmares but also rogue necromancers and rogue undeads.

 

His perspective of the world changed, then he met Lina, his wife and it completely changed him. The Kinslayer changed, he valued peace now. He had something to lose and advocated for peace. He influenced a lot of nobles including the royal family to value peace,  stability and prosperity, even his father. But of course not everyone went along. Without war soldier's fighting edge would get dull over time, so Rudolf proposed a law to allow their standing army to be hired by friendly neighbors and a mock battle annual event.

 

When his father saw Sophia, his father realised something too, the battlefield wasn’t everything. He had a granddaughter now, he let Rudolf raise his family. Letting the greatest asset of Raylights go. Surely that was the greatest decision his father had made in his lifetime as his grandson, Ezekill had already a lot of potential of being the successor of the title Rudolf had.

 

But Rudolf didn't want war; it was better if Ezekill had an ordinary life having an ordinary family living somewhere peaceful, he knew that it was wishful thinking. 

 

As he wandered he met with Gunther.

 

“Yo Gunther, you look like shit.” Rudolf showed a concerned face.

 

“I'm worried about Hansel, he's not reporting his status.” Gunther had a grim tone in his voice.

 

“It's been five months, we should have received his report by now.” He added

 

“Don't you dare think about leaving your post, Gunther. I'm also worried too but he's built to hunt that thing, I'm sure everything is fine. I hope,” Rudolf replied.

 

“But what if that thing got stronger than they could handle?” Gunther asked with a worried tone.

 

“You worry a lot, remember the Order hunt in groups.” Rudolf said.

 

“Fine, I'm also concerned about secretly leaving Ezekill, and you're not telling him that our kingdom is going to war soon. also you're forgetting that Ezekill will notice soon.”

 

“I know I know, I just don't want to disturb him and his experiments. He's working really hard lately with alchemy.” Rudolf replied.

 

“I understand that you don't want your child to experience killing and war, but is it really better to not tell him?” Gunther asked.

 

“I already told you, I don't want to disturb him and I already told both Sofia and Lina to tell him in my stead.” Rudolf replied while he sighed.

 

“I need to get going now Gunther, tell my regards to Eli and Lirah.” Rudolf waved his hands.

 

Present day, in the Capital of Ascion. Rudolf was sitting while reading some book to pass his time in his room inside the fortress. A person knocked on his doors, Rudolf stood up and put the book on his desk, he walked towards the door. He opened the door, a person with a sling bag was standing outside, Rudolf invited him but he refused and opened his bag, the letters were visible from Rudolf's side. From the looks of it he was a messenger, he took a piece of envelope from his bag and gave it to Rudolf. Rudolf received the envelope and thanked the messenger for his service, the messenger smiled and bowed his head and left afterwards.

 

Rudolf turned the letter from its back, the letter had come from the Order, he turned it around again the seal was from the Order. He broke the seal and opened the envelope, took the folded letter inside the envelope. He flipped it straight to read.

 

His face turned grim, he slumped into the chair. He leaned forward, placing his head in his hands and he whimpered. His body shakened, he put the letter on the desk. He slammed his fist on the desk, he screamed, cried in agony the pain of losing his friend.

 

How could this be, how did Hansel lose, Rudolf asked this question to himself even though the letter answered his question. The nightmare used a clever maneuver to trap the squad that Hansel was leading, they were tricked, and lured deeper to its territory. Everyone died fighting off the hordes of nightmare while the target laughed in the background, enjoying the massacre. Hansel managed to escape thanks to his second command but was gravely wounded and died after a few days being treated at the hospital, the corruption got into his soul.

 

Rudolf cried, Hansel had changed his life. He was a good friend, an honorable man who had respected life more than anyone.

 

Another person knocked on his door, and told him from the door.

 

“Lord Raylight, your presence is requested in the war room. His majesty, the three Protectors and the Dukes are waiting for you before they start the meeting.” the servant said.

 

Rudolf manned himself up, he wiped his tears, and cleaned himself.

 

“I'll be there,” Rudolf replied.

 

Inside the war room. Rudolf walked inside, he bowed his head in the presence of the King.

 

The war room was decorated by intricate paintings on the wall, depicting the kingdoms maritime achievements and wars they fought and won. Rudolf saw a throne-like seat with the King of Ascion sitting on it majestically. Two economists were standing besides him, he walked towards the huge round table, he walked towards his seat sitting with the other protector of the kingdom. The Dukes of each city and Lords of the towns were sitting on the round table.

 

King Wilhelm von Ascion, first of his name, announced that every free man who didn’t work shall be drafted, criminals would be tagged and drafted in the war. The Lead Economist of Ascion discussed the logistics.

 

“Since the new law that passed of having a standardized army, we have enough troops to defend each of the major cities; However we might not be able to cover every small cities, and town.” George said.

 

“From the reports I got from every city and town's food supplies, equipment, magic tools, and troops are sufficient enough to last them for three years of siege. If that happens, the production rate of weapons should be prioritized.” He added.

 

“They won’t last three years if they don’t have enough mages to reinforce the walls, you also forgot the mages of the empire. The walls will crumble in no time.” Lioness von Frigen, the third protector and champion of Ascion said.

 

She had white long hair, and eyebrows, she always had her eyes closed. Her racks cracked on her elegant white dress paired with her beautiful pale skin. She attended the meeting without wearing her proper uniform.

 

“I’m just an Economist milady, and that’s why we’re having a war council to discuss our actions. Please feel free to speak up, his majesty wishes to hear everyone’s opinion.” George von Wulf lowered his head.

 

“If the King wants my opinion, then we should meet them in the field. This is the most effective way to halt their advance and would stop their march to the city.” Lioness replied.

 

“That would be suicide Lady Lioness, even with you lead the battlefield, their stupid Arthur would decimate our troops. Even with your immunity with curses, and mind control I heard that Arthur is capable of incapacitating his opponents, and he can read the opponent’s minds predicting the way opponent’s fought.” Ascalon replied.

 

“Are you having cold feet Ascalon? And you dare call yourself a Champion? Pathetic.” Lioness mocked his cowardice.

 

“No, what I’m trying to say is that their new warrior is strong. I faced him once, and appraised his stats. I didn’t see the ability that made him able to incapacitate, and predict movement.” Ascalon replied politely.

 

“As you remember, our beloved Herana gifted me with a High Appraisal, but I still couldn't see it. We should let them besiege us and cut their supply lines while they're busy throwing rocks at us.” Ascalon said. He had brownish hair, beard and eyes. He wore his red armor with a golden sword emblem at the center.

 

“Are you stupid? You’re wary about that Arthur right? Then Arthur should be kept at bay if you want the city to survive. I don’t know how strong this Arthur is but it should not be a problem for us. Right Rudolf the blinking terror?” Lioness said.

 

“That I don’t know, I haven’t faced him yet and please stop calling me that I’m not what I used to be.” Rudolf replied.

 

“Oh you prefer Kinslayer more? Perhaps the Phase Demon?” Lioness asked.

 

Rudolf squinted his eyes in annoyance and didn’t reply.

 

“Ahem we are getting side track, we’re here to discuss our future plans, since we had a lot of surplus in magic weapons, we could equip our soldiers with magic weapons but only to the selected Knights. So the King decided along with my advice to equip the Knights of each major city.” George said.

 

“What are the chances we meet them in Ocean?” Duke, Stefan von Esron said.

 

“Highly unlikely but their ships are going to defend their coasts. They know their navy is inferior to ours,” George said.

 

They further discussed plans, and backup supply routes if they managed to cut off a town or city, scorch the city to make it unusable if they managed to breach it.

6