Chapter 15 – Entrance Exam part 2
74 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rudolf felt something ominous, his heart beat faster and faster, he didn’t know why he felt something was wrong. George and other dukes discussed what the empire’s first move was.

 

“There are an estimated hundred thousand soldiers preparing at the Empire's frontier, Sterbork. Currently we have forty five thousand soldiers on Sulheimen frontier, Esron can reinforce Sulheimen with Esron troops.” George said.

 

“What do you think First Champion, Arngrim?” George added.

 

“I say, the Capital will march to protect the frontier, we can’t leave Esron vulnerable, it's one of our most valuable cities, it’s better to lose Sulheimen than lose Esron.” Arngrim replied.

 

“I, the Great Lioness, second his statement. Sulheimen siege might be a trap if they lay siege on it, they might be waiting for Esron reinforcement. And reveal their main forces to capture Esron without too much resistance.” Lioness said.

 

“What if all of you are wrong, Kovech might be able to hold out a siege but, if our attention was on Sulheimen or Esron then Kovech would be taken out without us even noticing.”

 

“Kovech is one of the greatest city of Ascion.” Ascalon added.

 

“Here we go again, boosting his damn city, hey dumbfuck I know Kovech is important but if we lose Esron our fleet would lose her homebase.” Lioness replied.

 

“If we lose Kovech, Etten would be next!” Ascalon howled.

 

Everyone got silent, all of them weren’t wrong, Ascion was a maritime power. Its ground army was strong but it wasn’t a match to the Empire. They must debate what to do, for a while they were staring at the map and minifigures. While Rudolf was still having an uneasy feeling.

 

“Your Majesty, may I ask where is the High Prince and the Princess currently?” Rudolf asked.

 

“Why?” Wilhelm replied.

 

“I’m having an unpleasant feeling, I think the Prince and the Princess might be in danger.” Rudolf replied.

 

“Both of them are safe, they’re at Magnus University even though the Empire is strong they won’t dare cause chaos inside Magnus University.”

 

“I see, then I have nothing to worry about, my son is also doing his entrance exam at Magnus University.” Rudolf lied, he was still worried and couldn’t stop thinking about the High Prince.

Inside the stadium, Ezekill watched and waited for his turn. He thought it would take too long for his turn but little did he know it was not. Each test of the enrollees didn't take so long, it only lasted for two minutes per student. The skills between a full fledged mage vs a wannabe was clearcut, some had shown talents but most showed none.

 

The number was five hundred then for half an hour five hundred fifty nine. A teenager who stood up majestically and he dressed in expensive clothes, he wore a black shirt with silver patterns, with a black overcoat. His ashen hair was fixed, his eyes were emerald green. Beside him was a beautiful girl, she had the same features of the kid who stood up with an aura of royalty. She wore a beautiful azure dress, long azure gloves to cover her hands and a veil to cover her hair.

 

Ezekill waited for him to do something spectacular but he used the stairs to go down to the arena, but the way he walked still caused a murmur, he was walking like a king or some sort.

 

The cute girl giggled, as she found his brother's walking style funny. Ezekill thought her face was cute. Ezekill removed the thought. 

 

Nah I'm imagining things. He thought.

 

[The Guide had been updated, User Interface have more details]

 

Oh new update huh, he thought.

 

Ezekill peeked at the royalty's stats, the Guide displayed his age, disposition and the levels of his skills and tier of his magic. 

[Roy von Ascion]

Age: 15

Disposition: 0

 

[Stats]

Level: 8
EXP: 0/1000

HP: 170/170

MP: 820/820

SP: 700/700

Sta: 220/220

 

Attribute Points:0

STR: 20

AGI: 20

Cons: 15

Endurance: 20

Wis: 12

Int: 20

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

 

5th tier Earth affinity: Earth spike, Stone bullet,Stoneskin, Earth Lance,  Boulder Cannon.

4th tier Fire affinity: Fire bolt, Flame spear, Ignite, Flame arrows.

[Abilities]

 

Aura Mastery: Conjure sword, conjure armor, conjure shield.

 

[Skills]

Combat: level 11 Ascion sword-style, level 6 Tactician, level 10 longsword proficiency, level 10 dagger proficiency, level 2 polearm proficiency,  level 5 armored combat proficiency, level 10 shield proficiency.

 

Labor: level 10 Politics, level 12 Cooking, level 15 History, level 5 leadership.

 

[Titles]

High Prince.

His magic is pretty standard, I think he learned from the standard issued books and instructed from a tutor who also learned from the standard issued books but he’s more of a warrior than a mage. Ezekill thought.

 

Ezekill peeked at the girl who was probably his sister. Mia von Ascion.

 

[Mia von Ascion]

[Age: 13]

[Disposition: 0]

 

[Stats]

Level: 5
EXP: 0/1000

HP: 120/120

MP: 820/820

SP: 0/0

Sta: 220/220

 

[Attribute Points:0]

STR: 5

AGI: 5

Cons: 10

Endurance: 10

Wis: 12

Int: 30

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

2nd tier Fire affinity: Fire bolt, Flame spear, Ignite, Flame arrows.

 

[Skills]

 

Labor: level 15 Politics, level 20 Cooking, level 10 History, level 20 knitting, level 20 gardening, level 10 dancing, level 12 singing.

 

[Titles]

Princess.

Etten’s Idol

 


[Passive]

Exotic arcane core

 

Ohhh, an idol huh, her stats are perfect for a sheltered princess but what is she doing here though? Man she’s really cute, He thought.

 

Yui noticed Ezekill was gazing at the princess, her chest suddenly tightened. She was jealous, she pouted but she puts her trust in her master that his heart belongs to her, and her heart belongs to him.

 

Ezekill moved his gaze towards Yui, he was perplexed he put his head towards Yui checking her temperature. Ezekill thought she was sick, he held her cheeks to check, she seemed fine, Ezekill thought.

 

Yui blushed and was stunned by his actions, her cheeks were fiery red.

 

“Are you okay? Are you tired Yui? I’m sorry I brought you here all of a sudden.” Ezekill said.

 

“I'm fine master, it’s nothing I was just lost in thought hehe.” Yui smiled.

 

“Okay, let’s watch the match.” Ezekill said.

 

Roy and the mage in black robes stood at the arena.

 

“Open channel.” The mysterious black knight murmured.

 

Suddenly a blue window appeared at the center of the round table, everyone was aghast, the black knight announced the declaration of war against Ascion, and he threatened them.

 

“Yoooo everyone, I, Arthur Pendragon. At the Emperor’s behest the Empire of Krieg formally declares war on Ascion. Justification? Well you refused his generous invitation to join the Empire as we are all cousins, we pray to the same Goddess, we have the same appetite for war. Despite that you still refused, you damned Savages, this could end without bloodshed. None of your champions stand against me! My Empire's ambition is to Unite the humans in the continent, I thought we’re in the same boat! We wiped those filthy dwarfs, elfs, beastmen! We united against them. Why can’t we do it again permanently, you dumbfuckers?”  Arthur howled.

 

“Well anyways, I have another way to make you kneel to the Empire.” He added.

 

The window view switched to the stadium, the High Prince was in the arena. Ezekill and Yui were also seen by the Window while Ezekill was putting his head on Yui’s head.

 

“Oh what lovely couples, but the age gap is too huge. Well this world is savage afterall. Lucky for them they’re not the target, you see this pretty boy on the stage? Do you recognize him, King?” Arthur said.

 

Everyone was aghast, their faces turned grim, the King was sweating.

 

“Ezekill!” Rudolf howled.

 

“What, that's your son!?” Lioness said.

 

“Don’t you dare hurt Ezekill you bastard!” Rudolf screamed to his lung’s capacity.

 

Rudolf gripped his hands, thinking that his son was in danger again, he slammed the  table making it crack.

 

“My King! Give me the permission to wield the Ruin Blade!” Rudolf howled.

 

“You! Contact the Order of Magnus, and ask for the location of the Ascion Magnus University branch now!” He howled again, panicking and desperately hurrying to aid his son.

 

The University always switched its location every semester. Only few enrollees received the location, those who paid in advance.

 

Everyone went quiet, they never saw Rudolf like that his face was full of desperation. The way they look at Rudolf was a calm collective man, he was quiet and a loyal warrior who followed orders. He was the role model, even the other champions looked up to him. Lioness was shocked the most, she never thought he would act like that especially in front of the King.

 

George tried to make him calm down while the others rushed outside to contact the University.

 

“Rudolf, please calm down. I know you’re worried about your son but he won’t get hurt, why are you so desperate than the King whose son was being targeted.” George said.

 

“You don’t know a single thing about my son! The way I taught him as a warrior, he wouldn’t let him hurt the High Prince! Not this again! Why Herana! Is this my payment for my sins!? Not my son! I lost my friend! I lost my dear friend! I don’t know what I’ll do if something happens to my son!” Rudolf howled.

 

“Please be seated and enjoy the show everyone.” Arthur said.

 

Arthur jumped off, a boom cracked behind Ezekill, Ezekill and Yui were startled.

 

“No!” King Wilhelm said while covering his face.

 

“Yo pretty boy you’re coming with me. You mage, you stay right there,” Arthur smiled.

 

Everyone was confused, who was this black knight everyone murmured. Ezekill saw his stats, he was a monster, a very strong monster. His aura gave a terrifying vibe, he felt fear, his skin crawled.

 

[Arthur Pendragon]

[Age: 25]

[Disposition: 0]

 

[Stats]

Level: 100
EXP: 100/220000

HP: 2520/2520

MP: 1070/1070

SP: 3200/3200

Sta: 1520/1520

 

[Job: Hero]

[Affiliation: Drachen house, Pendragon house]

 

[Attribute Points: 0]

STR: 250 (+50)

AGI: 133 (+50)

Cons: 200 (+50)

Endurance: 100 (+50)

Wis: 23

Int: 85

 

[Magic]

10th tier Spatial Affinity: Dimension step, Gate, Erase space, Infinite Storage, Dimension Channel, Infinity Dominion.

 

Magic Theory.

[Abilities:]

Absolute attack.

Aura mastery:  Limbs augmentation, Stat boost.

 

[Skills]

Combat: level 20 absolute axe proficiency, level 10 polearm proficiency, level 6 longsword proficiency.

Labor: level 20 Butchery, level 5 dance, level 10 singing, level 9 cooking.

 

[Passives]

Normal arcane core.

Golden Aura Mastery.

Level 5 Physical Resistance.

Level 15 Unholy Resistance.

The Fuhrer.

Blessings of Herana

Quick Recovery.

Level 10 Regeneration.

 

[Title]

The Destroyer.

Titanslayer.

Kinslayer.

Bane of the Nightmare.

Hero.

 

She gave her blessings to him? And a Hero? Who is this guy? He asked himself.

 

“Big brother!” Mia shouted.

 

“Oops! I suggest you stay right there headmasters.” Arthur said.

 

“Who are you!?” Walter said while he stood up readying to cast.

 

The other two headmasters are also preparing for battle.

 

“Please be seated, this is none of your concern.” Arthur asked.

 

“You dare cause a ruckus inside the campus! And you dare try to kidnap our student!?” Walter howled.

 

“Student? The class isn’t starting yet, your policy about being neutral are you going to dare to break that? Because this is the Empire's business, if you interfere with me then you’re interfering with the Empire’s business. And this guy isn’t your student just yet so I’m not breaking any rules, you are.” Arthur said.

 

Walter stood down, as the Order of Magnus had a neutrality status he couldn’t interfere with their business. If he was one of the students then the headmasters were contracted to protect the students life but it wasn’t written that Enrollees were included. Walter had no choice but to stand down.

 

“Good, you boy come with me, I don’t want to ruin your pretty face.” Arthur said.

 

“N-no.” Roy replied.

 

“Hmmm that’s not good, please don’t force my hand, I’m not the kind of person to hold back.” Arthur smiled.

 

Arthur forcefully grabbed Roy, the boy screamed, he tried to use his magic but Arthur gripped his arm and broke it. He screamed in agony while everyone just stood there and watched.  Ezekill watched in horror, why everyone was letting the kid get hurt, why the headmasters just stood there in horror. Ezekill saw the mages and the headmasters faces, they didn’t like the scene caused by Arthur but they just stood there passively.

 

“Yui, please don’t move an inch I order you. And kindly watch our baggage. And please don’t say anything.” Ezekill looked into her eyes and smiled.

 

Dad would be disappointed if he knew that I didn’t help the kid, I’ve let down my past family this time I’ll make them proud. Ezekill thought.

 

Ezekill inhaled and exhaled, trying to relax before facing another monster. Ezekill took the pouch with healing potions and mana potions. As a modern man he couldn’t stand and watched as the child was getting abused, he had the power to atleast make the boy escape. Ezekill loaded his Blue Beauty, he walked down the stairs, saving every energy that he would need to face him.

 

Rudolf inside the war room watched in horror as his son was going down to face him. Rudolf couldn’t stand what Ezekill was about to do, he gripped his fist as he couldn’t do anything. Hoping somehow a miracle would occur like the last time he crossed the line between life and death.

 

The King was enraged, his jaw tensed, and jut forward and in agony as he saw his son got hurt. He stood up and his increased heart rate was caused by witnessing his son in pain.

 

“S-shit, your child Rudolf! What the hell is he doing!?” Lioness asked the terrified Rudolf.

 

Ezekill walked towards Arthur, he approached him in front of his face, grabbing his arm demanding to let go of the High Prince.

 

“Oh what’s this?” Arthur smiled.

 

Ezekill didn’t reply but he squeezed his arm signaling him to let go. Arthur stared at him with a terrifying look. This huge man was baffled, and a child tried to challenge him. Ezekill stared back, challenging him, and giving off an aura that he wouldn't back down unless he removed his hand.

 

[AUTOSAVED!]

 

Arthur couldn’t hurt him yet as he was analyzing his stats and his faction. But Ezekill’s Guide was blocking his Fuhrer.

 

[Blocking Appraisal.]

[Blocking Appraisal.]

[Blocking Appraisal.]

[Blocking Appraisal.]

 

Arthur held his patience as he didn't want to hit a prince of another country. He didn't know if he was on the Alvion continent or here in the Herana continent. If he was a prince in some Alvion kingdom, then he would just need to hold back as he doesn’t want to cause trouble for the Empire. But if he was in this continent then he’ll be sure to murder this brat. But this brat blocked his Fuhrer, it was baffling as this was the first time Fuhrer was being blocked.

 

They stood there patiently without moving a single muscle, the crowd was shivering as the intense standoff between them made them terrified. As well the crowd inside the war room.

[Warning, Appraisal was successful!]

 

Arthur read his stats in his mind, he smiled, the patience paid off.

 

“You’re just a dog of Ascion.” He said while raising his fist.

 

His fist flew, Ezekill dodge by using Velocity Manipulation on himself, while pushing the High Prince away from Arthur. Arthur’s attention was shifted to Ezekill as he found him interesting, his the first person who managed to block Fuhrer’s appraisal.

 

“Oh, that Velocity Manipulation is a powerful ability. You’re not an ordinary dog.” He said.

 

“Run, hide Prince Roy! Take your sister!” Ezekill howled.

 

“Still concerned for him huh, what a bunch of savages giving a child a job to protect the High prince.” Arthur murmured.

 

“I’ll give you one more chance, child soldier, stand down and I'll spare your life.” Arthur said.

 

“No, not when you’re abusing a child.” Ezekill replied.

 

Arthur summoned his impractically huge axe, it had a dark shade and red. He smashed the axe towards Ezekill. Ezekill parried the Axe, guiding it downwards, and Ezekill rotated the blade of Crystalis and slashed his face. Ezekill quickly retreated, and stood on with tail guard. He exhaled, he used one charge to blast Arthur, he slammed his fist forward and the Golden Gauntlet glowed white and fired a white wave towards Arthur. Ezekill focused on his movement, predicting his pattern.

 

Arthur wiped the blood off his face, he sniffed. He cracked his neck and vanished out of existence to evade Ezekill’s attack and blinked behind him. The ground he stood sunked, making him lose balance. Ezekill predicted his move, his dimension walk was similar from his father, but he doesn’t know if it’s application was the same. Blink can teleport anywhere as long as the user had a vivid image or in his line of sight.

 

Ezekill used four Earthen Grasp, constructing four magic circles around him. He quickly chugged a mana potion, restoring his mana back in full.

 

[Mana Restored by 500!]

 

He constructed a magic circle in his arm, it took him five seconds to fully construct it. It was the same time Arthur got free from Earthen Grasp, “Solar Flare!” Ezekill shouted. A crescent shape light blitzed out from his hand, and hitting Arthur, he couldn’t react as the magic travelled at the speed of light. Arthur kneeled and vomited blood, he was hurt but Ezekill was expecting it to end right there.

 

Shit he’s still alive! How the hell! That was my strongest magic! Fuck I need to drink mana potion before he recovers, I can’t cast another magic! He screamed.

 

“You’re really blessed by Herana, that one is powerful there’s only one person who could make me kneel, that was the Supreme Mage, the current Magnus of the Order.” He said.

 

Arthur vomited another blood, his HP was draining as it damaged his internal organs, melting it. For a few seconds, his HP was steadily recovering, He stood up and zoomed towards Ezekill.

 

Shit! I can’t use my Velocity Manipulation. I'm out of mana! He thought.

 

Ezekill held the attack with ox guard, holding Crystalis with both hands, he was prepared for the feedback from the strike but he remembered the gem from his gauntlet, he teleported behind him. The axe hit the ground and made a small crater.

 

Ezekill was lucky, this guy doesn’t know how to properly swing his axe, only relaying his brute force. Unfortunately for Ezekill, he had only one percent chance of winning.

 

Arthur had enough with his games, and cast Erase Space, his body got split in half, the blood didn’t spill as it was erased as well.

 

Rudolf screamed, he cried. He watched his son got erased from existence.

 

[YOU DIED.]

 

“Did I die again? If I’m seeing you then I’m pretty sure I died, but I didn’t feel anything at that last moment.” Ezekill said.

 

“Yup, you died Alfrich. You challenged Arthur, it's expected.”  Herana replied.

 

“Why did you give him your blessings? And please stop calling me by my old name.” Ezekill asked.

 

“I’m a God, I can do whatever I want.” Herana replied.

 

“I need to go back, nice talking to you I’m sure you’re busy.”

 

“Aren’t you forgetting something? Like using your LP?” Herana said.

 

“Hmmm I only have 102LP, I’m planning to save it until I really need it.”

 

“Oh one more thing before I go, did the Gods of Earth really exist?” Ezekill asked.

 

“Yes, and they all died but I can’t say more than that.” Herana answered.

 

“Oh I see, so no god is currently on earth. But not that I care that much, goodbye for now Herana,” Ezekill smiled.

 

[RESTART TO SAVE POINT.]

 

Ezekill was back from the last save point. Same scenario had happened, Ezekill used a different strategy but he always ended up dying over and over again. He kept restarting, Herana was stunned by his persistence, the pain he had to endure every time he got maimed, decapitated he kept going back. Ezekill died twenty three times.

 

I can't defeat him, and he has an instant kill move. Ezekill thought.

 

Ezekill thought of a different goal,  from killing him to making him give up. He thought one thing, poking at the pride of the Order. He couldn’t come up with a better gamble than this, Ezekill was fine losing scholarship at least the Kingdom would have its future king. 

 

“You bunch of cowards, I thought this organization had the strongest mage, what's the use of having a lot of power when all of you are a bunch of pussies to use it!” Ezekill mocked the headmasters and the Mages of the university.

 

“And this guy is disturbing the test! All of you are cowards for allowing this!” Ezekill howled.

 

“Good try kid but it's no use.” Arthur said while raising his hands and summoning his destroyer axe. Before he could swing his axe, Ezekill cast Earthen Grasp holding his arm, preventing him from swinging it.

 

Ezekill cast another Earthen Grasp on his face, Arthur couldn't see anything. Ezekill used the time to cast Bend Light on himself. He drew Blue Beauty, shot Arthur on his cheeks, the bullet penetrated but it quickly healed, he reloaded Blue Beauty. 

 

Arthur slashed the dirt like hands to free himself, Arthur's vision was going back. He scanned the area, Ezekill was gone he laughed because he thought he ran away like a coward. Little did he know it was not, Ezekill zoomed and a thunderous crack was suddenly heard behind Arthur. Ezekill did a wrathcut using Velocity Manipulation both on himself and Crystalis, increasing his speed ten times. Additionally he buffed Crystalis velocity with Aura.

 

Ezekill flashed aiming for Arthur's neck, the blade ripped his flesh, the bones of his neck cracked, Ezekill thought it was a kill but his insane regeneration saved his neck, literally. The bastardsword stuck, Ezekill quickly disengaged leaving Crystalis on his neck to dodge Arthur’s arm that tried to grab him.

 

Fuck I was literally faster than a .222 Swift and a mass of human. The power it generated should be able to cut through his neck! Ezekill hissed, another failed attempt to end the fight.

 

“Kid, you have a very dangerous ability, that Velocity Manipulation is strong. You're the second person to make me bleed." Arthur complimented Ezekill.

 

Ezekill drew Blue Beauty again, aiming the gun towards Arthur. He pulled the trigger. Arthur reacted by defending himself with the wide axehead. Crystalis flew back to Ezekill as he recalled Crystalis.

 

“Wait a minute! That's a gun! How the hell did you have a gun!?” Arthur gazed at the gun and was confused.

 

“You recognized it? How? I thought guns didn't exist in this world.” Ezekill replied.

 

“Blessings of Herana, gun, being able to block Fuhrer, hmm that makes sense, you're a fucking reincarnate!” Arthur laughed.

 

“What?” Ezekill was stunned.

 

“I'm also reincarnated! A chosen one! but you don't have a hero title, are you building a harem or something? Yui's love? you damn casanova!” Arthur said while checking Ezekill’s stats.

 

I am very fucking confused right now. Ezekill thought.

 

“Join me, fellow reincarnate, let's lead this savage world together. You can have a harem of women if you like!” Arthur said.

 

“Tempting offer, but I have to decline. I have my own goal, I'm reliving my life to the fullest with the people I love.” Ezekill smiled.

 

“Is that so, how boring you could do a lot of shit here with little consequence.”

 

“Yes, I know I'm born in a very powerful family, I could do a lot of fun illegal things if I wanted. But I'm not a criminal, and little consequences can build up overtime.” Ezekill replied.

 

“It's not a crime, if you're the law.” Arthur replied.

 

“Well, nice meeting you I guess, and goodbye your existence is a threat to the empire.” Arthur sighed while he slowly walked towards Ezekill.

 

Ezekill's vision blurred and he had a painful headache, Ezekill was in agony.

 

[Warning! Your mind is being hijacked!]

 

[Guide is in the process of developing countermeasures.]

 

[Guide is holding off the mental hijack.]

 

One of the headmasters teleported in front of Ezekill, “I can't let you die, I already saved you once and a second time won’t hurt.” The black witch murmured.

 

Everything stopped flowing, the Blackwitch weaved her hands to draw gravity. The environment resumed, Arthur suddenly felt heavy, the gravity on him was pushing him to the ground. He crashed, a crater cracked around him.

 

“What are you doing!” Arthur said.

 

“Saving my beloved student.”

 

“Ahhh Elena had done it,” Walter said.

 

“Undo this magic right now!” Arthur roared.

 

“Nah, unless you walk away.” Elena said.

 

“Tsk fine, you win but don't expect you'll get away with this.” Arthur said.

 

Elena had undone her magic. Arthur stood up and hissed, he stared at Ezekill for a while and walked away then undone his dimension channel.

 

Every Duke, all the Champions and the King watched the battle and everyone was in awe. Rudolf showed a sigh of relief, his son was saved.

 

“H-holy shit Rudolf, your child just held off the warrior that we were warned about. Ahhh, how wonderful! your son is strong!” Lioness said while heavily panting.

 

“Perverted woman,” Ascalon murmured.

 

“You better hide him Rudolf, or Lioness will eat him” Arngrim laughed.

 

“To be honest, your child is too strong for his age.” He added.

 

Rudolf covered his face in relief, he let out a sigh, he smiled.

6