Chapter 17 – Magnus and the curse mark part 1
67 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the living room, Ezekill and Elena had a conversation.

 

“The results are here, you passed.” Elena handed over the report card of Ezekill.

 

Ezekill took the report card and checked, “Elite student? Eh me? Did you rig this Elena?”

 

“Nope, it was expected, speaking of rig, how's the room? Is it romantic enough that made you smooch each other?” Elena giggled.

 

“Huh?” Ezekill was confused for a second and realized soon after.

 

“What!? You manipulated us using magic!?” Ezekill was stunned.

 

“I thought, you both need a room since both of you flirted too much in the stadium. I was just helping.” She giggled again.

 

Ezekill covered his face in embarrassment.

 

This witch, no wonder I felt so hot she enchanted us. I'm used to seeing Yui naked, it's also the same for Yui. Ezekill thought.

 

“Now to return the favor, you must do it with me.” Elena giggled.

 

“I love Yui,” Ezekill smiled.

 

“What's with that serious tone, I'm just fucking with ya. Seriously, you have to return the favor, when I need it.” She smiled.

 

“So you're saying it wasn't free? But I didn't ask for it. Fine you manipulative witch.” Ezekill sighed.

 

“Good, I guess I don't have to enchant you again. Contract is sealed.” She smiled.

 

A paper glowed on the table, and disappeared without a trace.

 

This woman is scary. I don't even have a choice. Ezekill thought.

 

The class started, after the release of the report cards. Ezekill received his uniform and a leather bag with important school supplies on it. The uniform consists of a blue shortened mantle, along with an expensive looking gold pendant with an eye symbol on it, it was used to hold the mantle. The upper was white with gold metallic buttons, a black pants for lower and a belt, a buckle with magnus eye symbol.

 

Ezekill gazed at himself in the mirror, the uniform fits perfectly.

 

“It looks good on you Ezekill,” Yui complimented his looks.

 

“Really? This uniform color combination looks weird to me,blue mantle, why can’t it be black.” Ezekill said.

 

“Blue indicates that you’re a student, and the golden pendant you wore is special, that means that you’re part of the elite class.” Yui said while looking so proud.

 

“You should hurry or you’re going to be late,” Yui added.

 

Ezekill nodded, he took the leather bag that was sitting on the table. Yui patted his head and kissed his forehead.

 

Why this felt like a mom sending her son to school. I guess she already had this motherly trait, Ezekill thought.

 

Ezekill walked through the hall, and operated the teleporter pad. Ezekill stood on the teleporter pad and zoomed to the lobby. Ezekill was still not used to it, he wanted to vomit. He quickly took the medicinal bottle to sniff that Yui gave to him, Ezekill felt refreshed he continued to walk and got out of the tower. Ezekill strolled on the grassy plain, Ezekill gazed above his mind wandered about as he casually strolled without worries. Elizabeth sprinted as she saw Ezekill walking.

 

Elizabeth grabbed Ezekill's shoulder as she approached him. Ezekill moved his gaze towards her.

 

“Yo Eli, how are you, I haven’t seen you for a while now.” Ezekill asked.

 

“I was training, and I’m fine thanks for asking.” Elizabeth smiled.

 

Ezekill walked together with Eli towards the school, there were a lot of students walking, Ezekill saw Roy and he was surrounded with girls. Roy was popular as expected, Roy noticed Ezekill and waved his hands as he smiled to greet him. Roy walked towards Ezekill with his harem of girls.

 

“Yo, Ezekill.” Roy greeted his friend.

 

“Yo, you have a lot of company Roy.” Ezekill smiled.

 

“Everyone, meet Ezekill my savior,” Roy introduced Ezekill to his harem.

 

“Eli, this is my friend Roy.” He smiled.

 

Everyone greeted him, Ezekill greeted them back. Roy said their names one by one to Ezekill, he was surprised he remembered everyone's name. Elizabeth and Roy greeted each other, Elizabeth was shocked as Ezekill told him that Roy was the High Prince. Roy left the detail of him being the Prince of Ascion as Roy wanted to be treated like everyone else, Roy sighed as Ezkill ruined it, Elizabeth’s tone changed but Roy insisted that she doesn’t need to be stiff to him.

 

“Gold pendant, as expected of my savior, you're already an Elite.” Roy said.

 

“Your friend too, that's quite impressive.” Roy sighed as he was only wearing a silver pendant.

 

“You have a silver pendant, you’re quite good yourself Roy.” Ezekill replied.

 

“Said the person who was designated as an Elite student before Magnus fest.” He said.

 

Ezekill scratched his head and smiled as the crowd around Roy was astounded, Ezekill told everyone that they're going to be late if they keep yapping around. Ezekill and the gang continued to march as soon as they arrived at the school. The gang heard a blare, they witnessed a rascal with blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes tormenting the poor dwarf alongside his hooligans.

 

“You dare step foot in this sacred ground! Your kind is not welcome here! You filth!” He roared.

 

The rascal kicked the terrorized dwarf down to his knees, and he kicked again and again until he crawled in agony. The hooligans laughed, they found it amusing bullying the weak. Every student in the vicinity who witnessed the bullying was just standing and spectacting while emitting a hash whisper. Roy’s forehead furrowed, he didn’t like what he saw he planned to step in until Ezekill stopped him.

 

“Not our problem, prince.” Ezekill said.

“What!?” Roy howled.

 

Ezekill held his shoulders and looked him straight in his eyes, Ezekill was sending a message that it’s unwise for him to cause a scene that doesn’t concern him. Roy shrugged his hand off, and ticked his tongue. Ezekill put the Prince in a bad mood because he stopped him from interfering. Being a hero was nice but causing trouble at the start wasn’t wise.

 

The three strolled together but they had no idea that they had the same class until they arrived in front of the door.

 

“We’re in the same class,” Ezekill said.

 

“Well, there’s only one thing that could explain this situation, that Witch.” Ezekill added sighed.

 

“Stop talking and let's get inside.” Eli said.

 

Both nodded, as the door creaked and opened the room was already full as the other students were waiting for the professor except for three empty chairs. Ezekill was in front besides the window, Elizabeth was the furthest, Roy was at the center. They all sat and waited.

 

The professor arrived five minutes later, Ezekill’s mind was out of this plane thinking that if that was the right decision by letting the bully go, he sighed. The professor introduced herself, Ezekill heard a familiar voice and turned his gaze towards the voice.

 

 A woman with crimson red hair materialized into his eyes wearing a black gown, both Elena and Ezekill’s gazed at each other Elena’s fiery red eyes made Ezekill locked on into her, he was mesmerized by her beauty. Elena smiled, her smile made Ezekill come back to his senses.

 

“I’m Elena Celestria, also known as the black witch and I will be the one handling this class.” Elena said while she used magic to write her name on the board.

 

The two chalk levitated, and wrote something on the board.

 

“Before we get started, who remembers the basics?” Elena asked.

 

Ezekill wasn’t being honest, he didn’t raise his hands he thought he might learn new tricks that he didn’t know. Most of the class including both Roy and Elizabeth raised their hands, and all of them were surprised that someone who wore the elite badge didn’t remember the basics or didn’t know anything.

 

“I see, to be fair we will be rediscussing the basics.” Elena said.

 

“Inorder for someone to use Magic, one must have a fully developed circuits, one must know how to feel mana inside one’s body, and one must have an extensive knowledge of magic theory.”

 

“Magic Circle is one of the ways on how to use magic. First the user must make an intent or a choice, this step will automatically fill the magic circle with incantation after construction. Second user must prepare for the construction. Third user must Construct the magic circle. Fourth user must connect his circuits to the constructed magic circle. Fifth user must fill the required mana. Sixth user can change or modify depending on the user's situation, this is an optional step. Seventh Release.”

 

“With this, the magic circle is done but a master can reinforce, reconstruct his/her magic circle by increasing the mana input to adjust the size, power, shape, and speed in less than a second in combat. Additionally the more you add the longer the cast time but as I said a master can optimize his magic circle to reduce cast time.”

 

“After you fire a magic, as you notice that there’s a certain downtime when you cast the same magic, the investment of mana into an intricate magic circle carries a cost to your circuits, just like muscles when you exert your body it burdens your muscles. The more complex the spell, the longer the cooldown.”

 

Ehhhh, but I was spamming my magic in every fight. Ezekill thought.

 

“Of course, there’s a certain individual that ignores the cost and ends up almost killing himself. That individual should practice feeling his arcane core.” Elena stared at Ezekill intently.

 

Why are you looking at me like that? Ezekill thought.

 

Two hours later, after the lecture everyone was dismissed from the class. Elizabeth and Roy approached Ezekill as Ezekill was cleaning up his table.

 

“That was info dumpy, but I really learned something. Somehow it felt like Elena was directly talking to me in the last part about discussing basics, and cooldowns.”  Ezekill said.

 

“That was probably because truth hits hard, you almost died on me a long time ago you got lucky that sister saved your ass.” Elizabeth said.

 

“That’s interesting, how did it happen?” Roy asked with curiosity.

 

Elizabeth told every scenario that happened on that day, the way she explained exactly what had happened and Roy had a clear vivid image of the event. Roy was astounded.

 

“My next class is Life, I still have fifteen minutes left before my next class starts. Do you want to eat Ezekill?” Elizabeth asked.

 

“My next class is starting soon Eli, I'm surprised that you didn't get Practical Magic.” Ezekill replied.

 

“I took Practicals but the time it starts is different.” Elizabeth drew something on the board and at the same time talked.

 

“How about you Roy?” Elizabeth added.

 

“I have to get going too, sorry Elizabeth.” Roy said.

 

“I see, good luck on your next class I guess.” Elizabeth said.

 

The trio walked to the door, and left the classroom Elizabeth moved to the opposite direction from Ezekill and Roy, she headed towards the canteen as she was starving. The trio waved at each other as they marched, Ezekill and Roy were moving in the same direction.

 

“So you took the same time as me Roy.” Ezekill said.

 

“Yep, I figured the earlier I took the Practical magic the more energy I have to participate.” Roy replied.

 

“That makes sense.” Ezekill replied.

 

“Sorry for interrupting your heroic deed, I hope you understand why I stopped you.” Ezekill sighed.

 

“I know, and I understand but I couldn’t stand someone getting bullied.” Roy said.

 

“So are we good?” Ezekill asked as he scratched his head.

 

Roy sighed, and nodded. Ezekill smiled at him, Roy lifted his two hands in between his head and shoulders and giggled. Ezekill grabbed his shoulders and giggled.

6