Chapter 26 – Magnus and the curse mark part 10
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ezekill took his time to leisurely walk towards the school building along with Elizabeth, who walked with him. Elizabeth kept staring at him as if curious about something; thus Ezekill asked.

“Why do you keep looking at me like that?” Ezekill sighed.

 

“Why not?” Elizabeth replied.

 

“Just so you know, I won’t lose to you.” She added.

 

“Yeah, sure, keep dreaming.” Ezekill smirked.

 

“What! You want a bout? You’re not the only one who has been practicing!” Elizabeth frowned.

 

“Old man Walter taught me a technique that could kick your ass!” Elizabeth added.

 

“Are you really saying that to our headmaster?” Ezekill frowned, glad no one heard what she said as the plain was quite empty.

 

“What’s wrong with that? He has a gray beard and all.” Elizabeth replied.

 

“There’s this thing called respect, Ms.Elizabeth,” Ezekill sighed.

 

Ezekill put a halt to their march, Elizabeth bumped into his back and called him out.

 

“What’s wrong, Ez jeez that kinda hurt.” Elizabeth rubbing her nose.

“Hmm?” Elizabeth gazed at Ezekill that was locked into a place while staring at something.

 

“There’s something wrong with that person, get back Eli.” Ezekill held his crystalis on his right, readying to draw.

 

Guide, check his stats. He thought.

[Nightmare]

[Age: N/A]

[Disposition: -9999]

 

[Stats]

Level: 60

EXP: 0/1000

HP: 2350/2350

MP: 2020/2020

Sta: 1250/1250

 

[Job: Shade]

Affiliation: ???.

 

[Attribute Points:0]

STR: 60

AGI: 55

Cons: 133

Endurance: 123

Wis: 2

Int: 80

 

[Magic]

Magic Theory.

Unholy magic: Black Orb, Black Beam, Corruption Claw, Devour

 

[Abilities]

Mist

Possession.

Aura(body)[possession]: Boost Attack, Boost Defense, Boost Speed.

 

[Passives]

Rare Arcane Core

 

“Run! That’s not a human, Elizabeth! It’s a nightmare!” Ezekill gasped in horror.

 

“P-potential…Threat… Target Three…” The nightmare that possessed mortal flesh spoke.

 

“What? From the books!? You mean from those children’s books!?”

“Yes! Now what are you waiting for!? Run!”

“How about you! I can’t leave you here!”

“I’ll cover you! I’ll run as soon as you’re far away!”

“I won’t! I’m not scared!”

“Now is not the time! This thing is not human! Or any kind of normal!”

 

“Confirmed… Ezekill… Raylight… Must… Kill… For… Mother…”

 

I forgot to bring my gun! On second thought I don’t know how useful a gun is against monsters like him. He thought.

 

“Lightning Skin,” Tempest surge, and electrified around his body he felt the energy that swirled around him.

 

“Call someone! Find Svetlana!”

“Who’s that!?”

“Just ask any mage patrolling! Go now!”

 

The nightmare released an Aura, boosting its attack, defense, and speed. It shrieked revealing its hollowed mouth.

 

“Eikk! How the hell he stretched his mouth like that!” Elizabeth saw the nightmare opening its jaw at impossible length.

 

“Why are you still here! It will attack!”

 

Elizabeth nodded, and proceeded to run. The Nightmare shot black orb barely missing as Ezekill ducked down. The dark orb that missed exploded as it hit the ground, leaving a small crater.

 

Ezekill immediately stood up, and drew Crystalis. “So it's the real deal this time, but not the same thing. Well, just you and me. Let's see the fruit of my training.”

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2250/2350

 

A brilliant pillar struck downwards as the magic circle manifested below the nightmare. It shrieked in pain, the flesh it's wearing burned. As it tried to leap it got stuck by some hardened dirt on its ankle.

 

“Can’t move?” Ezekill smirked.

 

Ezekill zoomed towards the entrapped nightmare. Ezekill raised an ox guard the nightmare striked, but he parried the nightmare’s attack to the side and thrust Crystalis’ point straight to its chest. It punctured the flesh so easily while it digged through, Crystalis rune glowed orange and burned its victim. It shrieked in agony, it couldn't do anything as the sun was alive and well. If it tried to rip its possessed body the sun would burn it to ashes.

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2150/2350

Sta: 1200/1250

 

It held Crystalis’ blade, halting the push towards its body. Ezekill pushed down with his whole body weight, trying to kill it as soon as possible. The nightmare got pushed down inch by inch, bending its body almost looking up towards the sun.

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2140/2350

Sta: 1190/1250

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

Sta: 320/330

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2130/2350

Sta: 1170/1250

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

Sta: 310/330

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2120/2350

Sta: 1150/1250

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

Sta: 300/330

“Arggghhhhhh, die!” Ezekill howled.

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2090/2350

Sta: 1130/1250

[Ezekill Raylight]

Sta: 290/330

 

Its HP is going down but I’m going to lose stamina first, I need to damage it more! Ezekill thought.

 

Ezekill started to yank the blade, the nightmare screeched as Ezekill rotated the blade to deal more damage.

 

“Just die already! Argggh!”

 

[Nightmare]

HP: 2000/2350

Sta: 1100/1250

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

Sta: 280/330

 

The nightmare struggled to get free, it wrenched its ankle to break free from the hardened dirt that trapped it from moving.

 

“Tsk,” Ezekill hissed at the same time he kicked away the nightmare from him, leaving Crystalis stuck on its chest. He called Crystalis back, and yanked itself free and zoomed towards Ezekill’s left hand.

 

It was angry it howled, a howl strong enough to move the grass, and echoed through the air. The body that the nightmare possessed grew long sharp nails comparable to a dagger’s blade.

 

The nightmare rushed angrily, it swiped its sharp claw down, Ezekill blocked with ox guard and switched to tail guard to riposte the other strike. Ezekill moved in, grappled the left arm and a quick three succession strike on its face with Crystalis’ pommel. Ezekill’s whole body suddenly shone, and a spasmodic burst of light exploded on its face. It groaned in pain, it couldn’t see, its body had a burning smell, smoke was visible. It raised its hands towards its head to try to relieve itself from the concussion.

 

Only a hundred fifty HP damage? Tsk. He thought as he walked backwards to distance himself.

 

“Light bullet! Aura double magic damage!” Ezekill’s right hand pointed at the enemy. Magic circle constructed, intricate incantation written, green aura was released. Soon after the complete magic circle glowed green for a second then Ezekill fired the magic.

 

Enhanced Light Bullets zoomed, the relieved nightmare released its own wicked magic. Dark corrupted beam flashed and destroyed the Light Bullets, Ezekill jumped to his right to evade the magic.

 

The nightmare released its own green aura boosting its attack power, it fired black orbs on Ezekill’s trajectory.

 

“Shit,” Ezekill’s eyes widened, he crossed his arm to cover his vital parts.

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

HP: 150/380

MP: 1420/1720

Sta: 250/330

 

“Gaaaaaaah!” Ezekill screamed as he stumbled, and rolled.

 

The nightmare leaped, and slashed downwards. Ezekill quickly reacted by boosting his speed with velocity manipulation to backflip and dodge the strike.

 

Ezekill’s both hands were injured black smoke was visible.

 

“I only brought stamina potions and mana potions for my combat class, I never expected this encounter.” Ezekill huffed as the pain grew, his hands were shaking from its injuries.

 

“I left my gun, I don’t have a healing potion with me. I let my guard down, again.” Ezekill hissed.

 

The nightmare zoomed and attacked Ezekill’s face meanwhile Ezekill noticed and evaded his head. He blocked the strike above with ox then parried with right tail guard. A downward strike parried with the roof guard by meeting it downwards as the attack came from below then up. Ezekill kept blocking the strikes as he secretly cast magic on the ground. Ezekill and the nightmare kept the dance going for two minutes, while the tungsten spike was secretly rotating, getting faster and faster.

 

MP: 1220/1720

 

It needs more power, more kinetic energy! He thought.

 

MP: 1120/1720

MP: 1020/1720

 

MP: 900/1720

 

MP: 400/1720

 

It swirled so fast it emitted the same sound as a jet engine starting up, it started to smoke and burn.

 

Now! He thought.

 

Ezekill moved his body out of the way, and held the nightmare with hardened dirt on its feet. He waved his hand, the charged spike zoomed, hitting square on its chest. The nightmare was dragged by the sheerforce of the kinetic energy as it flew, lifting it a few metres above then exploded. Guts flew all over the place, blood rained down masking the sunlight for a second.

 

Ezekill huffed and puffed trying to catch his breath.

 

[You gained 22800 experience!]

[You leveled up!]

[You leveled up!]

 

[Ezekill Raylight]

 

[Stats]

Level: 12
EXP: 800/16000

HP: 150/380

MP: 401/1720

SP: 500/700

Sta: 100/330

 

[Attribute Points: 12]

STR: 25  (+10)

AGI: 25  (+10)

Cons: 26  (+10)

Endurance: 21  (+10)

Wis: 50  (+10)

Int: 50  (+10)

 

[Magic]

Magic theory.

8th tier Light affinity: Pillar of Light, Bend Light, Light Bullet, Light Shortsword, Refraction Ray, Amaurotic Lambent, Solar Flare, Blinding Light Trap. 

 

6th tier Lightning affinity: Lightning Skin, Lightning Lance, Lightning Bolt, Lightning, Shock, Chain Lightning. 

 

[Abilities]

Velocity Manipulation.

Gas Manipulation.

Solid Manipulation.

Temperature Manipulation.
Plasma Manipulation.

Liquid Manipulation.

Swordsmanship boost.

 

Aura Mastery: Aura magic damage multiplier, Strengthen, Speed Boost.

 

[Skills]

Combat: level 5 Ascion sword-style, level 30 Kunst des Fechtens system, level 30  Flos Duellatorum system, level 20 Eskrima system. Level 6 Tactician, level 20 longsword proficiency, level 15 dagger proficiency.

 

Labor: level 20 Alchemy, level 2 Cooking, level 5 Cleaning, level 6 Gardening, level 20 History.

 

[Titles]

Sister’s love

Yui’s love


[Passive]

True arcane core

Green Aura Mastery  - First Level

The Guide. 

Blessings of Herana.

 

Ezekill kneeled in exhaustion, adrenaline slowly dwindled, “I’m… going… to… be… late.”

 

Ezekill vision blurred, his world rotated, then he fainted.

 

“Here, dark elf!” Elizabeth waved her hands towards the battle ground.

“Ezekill!” Elizabeth saw Ezekill injured hands, his hair bathed in blood.

 

“Kid! Oh no! He's breathing but badly injured, I’m not a healer! Damn we’re too late!” She leaned closer to inspect if he’s still alive.

 

Yui huffed as she ran, and scanned the area. Her maid clothes were torn from sleeves to her chest. She gasped when she saw Ezekill was laid down unconscious. She quickly rushed to him, removing her satchel.

 

“Move,” Yui said to the dark elf.

 

Yui checked if Ezekill was responsive, she gave him an earlobe pinch. Ezekill didn’t respond. She placed her hand on his forehead, tilting his head backwards to naturally open his mouth. She used her two fingers from her other hand to lift their chin and create an unobstructed airway. She checked his breathing by placing her cheek beside his mouth.

 

Yui sighed in relief, he was breathing.

 

Yui ripped his sleeves out, she pulled out clean clothes, and poured alcohol on it, cleaning his injuries. After she cleaned the wounds, she poured holy water into the wounds next, his black skin slowly turning back to normal.

 

She then cast healing magic to his injuries.

 

Few minutes later.

 

“He’ll be fine now he sustained a few injuries, but if I was a few minutes late the corruption would spread and could be fatal.” Yui's tone felt sad.

 

Elizabeth stood in shock, the guilt quickly surged inside of her taking over her body.

 

“I’m s-sorry, Yui.” Elizabeth gripped her hands.

 

“It’s okay Eli, from the looks of it Ezekill told you to get help, to put you out of danger.” Yui gazed at the unconscious Ezekill.

 

“You can fight, I saw how strong you are but he loves you. He protected you, please don’t forget that. I don't know what to do to make him stop from almost killing himself. I don't understand his actions despite living with him for years. I don't want to lose him.” Yui sobbed softly while she held his rough hands.

 

“His recklessness will kill him.” She added.

 

“What on Herana’s land did he fight, I was not there when it happened.” Yui said.

 

“He said it was a nightmare.” Elizabeth replied.

 

“What!? that monster again!? Now that makes sense on how he got the corruption, but how did it get inside?” Yui gasped.

 

“Help! I need help!” Rey’s minion shouted as he ran towards the Security Task Force.

“Halt!” Cir shouted.

 

Rey’s minion stopped as Cir walked towards him.

 

“What’s wrong?” Cir said.

 

“We were attacked by some drugged student! He’s terrifying!” The minion pointed in the direction of the scene.

 

A loud explosion can be heard, the sound echoed through the air, while the shockwave made the ground tremble and a gust of wind blew towards their direction.

 

“Byat! ” Svetlana gasped.

 

The Security Task Force was caught off guard by the explosion, their faces widened as they rebalanced themselves when the earth trembled beneath their feet.

 

“What in Herana’s name!” Cir’s eyes widened, the wind blew on his face.

 

“What the fuck, better call Pres.” He murmured.

“Wait here.” He said as he dashed away.

 

“We got a situation, it might be the cultist assaulted the group of students.” He said while pointing at Rey’s minion.

“Dosto come with me, you, and you with me! Kid lead the way!” Svetlana shouted.

 

“I’ll stay here!” Cir released a sigh of relief, thinking of what to do next.

 

“I can handle this for you if you want,” Siesta said.

 

“What?”

 

“I said, you can go back slacking off, it might be our culprit that attacked the students. So in other words, you don’t have to deal with this since there’s nothing important going on.”

 

“Slack off! Are you kidding me! With that explosion do you think I can slack off!?” Cir hissed.

 

“She might need your strength, Bran.” Siesta added.

 

“Which way did they go?” Bran’s chin raised and lips pressed together. He was eager to help.

 

“There.” Siesta pointed.

 

Bran nodded.

 

“Then you should help your partner follow him Cir, I can handle this on my own besides there’s a squad of us here if anything happens.” Siesta suggested.

 

“Shit, I can’t just idle after that, thanks, I’ll leave my post I’ll go help Bran!”

 

A few minutes later she was alone with the gatekeepers, she then released the captives for safety. A few task force mages complained that they shouldn’t be released yet, but she refuted that they’ll be endangered standing here when the culprit was blasting magic on some poor students.

 

After a few minutes of idle they got uncomfortable knowing that the culprit was wreaking havoc while the gatekeepers felt unsafe in the open field. The squad captain decided to go and help; therefore Siesta was alone on the post; she had released the gatekeepers as a result they thanked her and were complaining for the harassment they got. Siesta was alone as everyone left.

 

“This is too fucking easy, humans are so stupid.” She sighed.

 

Roy pushed his arms to get up, he removed the dented helmet and created another one with his Aura.

 

“That really hurts, I can hear bells ringing.” Roy covered his ear.

 

“Move fucker! Watch out idiot!” Rey cast a double fireball, one destroyed the boulders coming to get Roy. The second fireball blasted the dwarf.

 

The dwarf was knocked back, he grunted the magic hurt him as it was a direct hit.

 

“I’m the greatest mage!” Rey boasted.

“What the heck!? Are you trying to kill him!?” Roy hissed in disapproval.

“It hurted him but it won’t kill him you dumbass! If you only saw his terrifying HP!” Rey replied.

 

“We need to apprehend him! We’re not the executioner!” Roy said.

 

“Ah, he’s not listening.” Rey frowned.

 

“Fine, then do your job and I’ll do mine, I’ll weaken him, you disable him.” Rey sighed.

 

“Roger,” Roy replied.

 

Roy dashed forward as he closed in towards the dwarf thrusting his partner on the dwarf’s guts, but it was blocked with the dwarf’s arm resulting in getting stuck on his arm. “Shit!” The dwarf revealed a wicked smile as he cast magic at point blank on Roy.

 

Rey smirked, flames swirled around him once more as the cooldown had ended. Rey cast another triplet magic circle emerged from Rey’s cubic staff. Flame lance fired from Rey’s magic circle interrupting the dwarf’s casting as it caught his attention as it flew by him. Rey missed. Rey adjusted his aim and fired another one. This time it hit the shoulder of the dwarf knocking him back and resulted in pulling the silver claymore out of his arm. Rey shot the last one and knocked him back once more as it exploded again on his chest.

 

Roy raised a wrath guard and swung his claymore, slashing the shoulder of the dwarf making him kneel. The dwarf responded with gripping the blade preventing Roy from yanking it out, then he cast earthen grasp, squishing Roy’s body. 

 

“Gahhhh!” Roy screamed in pain.

 

“IDIOT!” Rey shouted, he cast another flame lance as the cooldown had ended, targeting the earthen grasp trying to free him.

 

A boom could be heard as it exploded, half of the earthen grasp was destroyed. “Shit, not enough but if I fired another one I’ll end up hurting that idiot!”

 

“Stone skin,” he casted magic, his skin turned gray.

“Do it!” Roy roared.

 

“Fuck it, fireball!” Roy blasted the magic towards Roy’s direction.

 

The dwarf noticed the dangerous magic, he immediately canceled earthen grasp and pulled the silver claymore out of his body. He leaped to evade.

 

Roy couldn’t evade on time as it was half on its way towards him as the earthen grasp crumbled; therefore hitting Roy, he blasted Roy into the air.

 

“Fuck! Bastard!” Rey shouted.

 

“Hahaha!” The dwarf cackled.

 

As soon Roy landed, he immediately got up and bolted towards the dwarf, his forehead was covered in blood, burn marks on his armor from the damage it took when the fireball hit him.

 

“Don’t underestimate me!” Roy swung his claymore downwards.

 

The dwarf smirked when he avoided the strike, little did he know it was not, Roy stopped in midair then thrust towards him penetrating his stomach. Roy roared as he drove down the blade. The dwarf needed his both hands to completely stop the blade from penetrating further.

 

Roy gained a lethality in physical combat that was only heightened as his own blood was spilled. The dwarf aghast, he was faster, his grip was stronger but how? He should be crippled by now as the friendly fire hit him. But right now as he glanced on his eyes, he could only sense undying willpower.

 

“Ignite,” Roy cast magic, the silver claymore ignited and zoomed towards the dwarf.

 

“Arggh!” The dwarf bursted in flames.

 

A sudden surge of bloodlust emitted from the dwarf, “Hellfi-” Rey was interrupted when the dwarf removed his one hand to cast magic, it was constructed so quickly and blasted Rey with a huge boulder knocking him down. The blade penetrated further in his arms reach, he choked Roy.

 

“Die!” His grip got stronger, as he strangled Roy.

 

Shit, I can feel my neck is going to break! I can’t breathe! Roy thought.

 

A crescent slash shot the dwarf’s back making him lose his grip, he moaned in pain. Roy backed off removing his blade. Svetlana dashed as the dwarf quickly turned around to face her. She ducked and reversed her grip and struck him with the pommel on his chest. Then his neck that made him unconscious. He dropped.

 

Dostoevsky immediately dashed along with the task force group. He apprehended the suspect.

 

“Tsk, one died. I was too late.” She grinned her teeth, and gripped her fist.

 

The task force immediately applied first aid to both Roy and Rey.

3