Chapter 7: A New Friend
467 9 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, if Earth isn't a Science world, what is it?" Atlas asked. He and Aurora were back in his God's Realm after that strange confrontation with the witch girl. They'd been mostly quiet on the way back to his apartment, having decided to talk about important things where they were sure no one could hear them.

"My best guess is a Supernatural World, but there are many possibilities," Aurora explained, "This world at least has the primordial forces of Science and Magic, for sure."

Atlas nodded, "Does that witch girl showing up mean that the magical forces of Earth are aware of us?"

"Possibly," Aurora said, "We haven't been being very subtle. I've been operating under the assumption that this would had no magic, and thus no way to detect us. But if this would does have magic we'll need to be more careful, or we'll start attracting attention. Just like that witch girl. She's probably some magical agency's agent sent to figure us out. Not necessarily dangerous to us per say, seeing as we can always just leave Earth for good, or in the worst case reform back in your God's Realm. They could even be allies, if their goals and principles align with ours. I think it's best if, while she's trying to figure us out, we try to figure her out too. That will give us some idea as to whether whoever she's working for is our enemy or not."

Atlas sighed, "Well, I guess that's all we can do until we know more." He sat upright on the couch and pulled up a Pedestal, "How has our world been doing since we left, it's been about a week, right?"

"Yes," Aurora nodded, before taking a moment of consideration, "We should probably name the planet, right? It's a bit inconvenient to keep calling it, 'our world', right?"

Atlas paused. He'd been planning to let his races name most things, but naming the planet itself was important... That was something he should probably do himself. He considered his options. Probably something from mythology again, it was kind of his forte. How about...

"Avalon." He said.

"The mythical Island of Apples that King Arthur recovered on?" Aurora asked, "Not bad, if a place of healing and plenty is what you're going for."

"Something like that," Atlas said, "I thought it seemed fitting."

"Why is it always apples anyways?" Aurora asked, "The Isle of Apples in the story of King Arthur, the Golden Apples in Norse mythology that kept the gods young and immortal, even the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden from the Bible is usually considered to be an apple."

"I think that's more of a European thing," Atlas said, scratching his head, "Other parts of the world use different plants in their stories."

""Oh," Aurora said, "I guess that makes sense."

Anyway, Atlas looked over the menu. He had some Alerts that he hadn't bothered to look at until now, saying some more Gods had purchased the items he had a percentage in. All told the DP he received added up to 1316 DP. That wasn't a bad haul for just over five days.

Aurora looked over her own screen, "Looked like nobody's died yet, so that's good."

"It's only been five days, what would kill them that fast?" Atlas asked, in disbelief.

"Conflict, wild animals, starvation, dehydration, poisonous plants, any of these sounding familiar to you?" Aurora asked, somewhat sarcastically.

"Sorry, sorry, you're right," Atlas said, performing a pacifying gesture with his hands.

"Anyway, we should get some sort of Afterlife system set up soon, so when people start dying the souls have somewhere to go," Aurora pointed out.

"You're right," Atlas nodded, and looked up the Afterlife systems in the menu. There were a lot to look through.

"What do you recommend?" Atlas asked Aurora.

"[Reincarnation], definitely." Aurora said without hesitation.

"That was quick, why so certain?" Atlas asked.

"It's just a time saver. If you don't use it, you have to set up some sort of system to keep creating new souls for when new children are created, which is a waste of energy. Reusing them is much more cost-effective. There are ways to modify it as well, so only certain types of souls get reincarnated, while others can be rewarded or punished. It all depends on which kind of  systems you acquire." Aurora said.

"Okay, so [Reincarnation] then. And some sort of room for souls to wait to be reincarnated... [Fields of Limbo] will do. I'll have it set so you'll only reincarnate after everyone alive has forgotten about you. That way, if someone tries to summon the spirit of their great-great-grandfather, the spell will be able to work. Hmm, but fields are pretty boring... Maybe some sort of heaven for people who are really good, good enough to be remembered through myths and legends. Huh, this [Hall of Champions] seems like it will work."

"What about a place to punish those who were really bad?" Aurora asked.

"That's probably a good idea," Atlas said, "But I don't really like the idea of punishing someone forever, that's it, there's no possible hope of redemption. So, how about a [Pit of Punishment] where those who are really bad go, and are forced to live through every horrible thing they ever put someone else through from the victim's perspective. And once they've repented, they can get reincarnated. If they end up in the Pit again, they'll have to relive every bad thing they put someone through in both of their lives, then get reincarnated, etcetera, etcetera. Would that work? Reincarnation wipes the souls memories though."

"It works," Aurora said, "You can mark the soul with the experience. They won't consciously remember their time in the Pit, but their soul will feel the after-affects. A warning to do better in their next life."

"Hmm," Atlas said, looking at his new menu shopping list with [Reincarnation], [Fields of Limbo], [Hall of Champions], and [Pit of Punishment] inside, "This is a lot, and the two of us are kind of busy. Will we have time to handle all of this?"

"We can always create a new God to handle it," Aurora said, "Would be nice to have a new friend around here." She said this rather nonchalantly, but Atlas could see that she was excited by the prospect of getting a new companion.

"Okay," Atlas said, "[Build-A-God] as well." Why was it called that? Was it really based off of a pun?

"Ooh, and [Reapers] too," Aurora said, "The reapers will gather the souls for our new God friend, making things easier on them."

"Okay, [Reapers] too." Atlas added those to the list as well, bringing the total price of DP up to 2350 DP. Expensive, but he currently had just over six thousand DP. 6212 DP to be exact. He could afford it.

He clicked the purchase button. "Okay, walk me through how to build a God, Aurora."

"Will do!" She said, saluting, "Okay, half of the DP cost is simply adding the new God to the Domain's Registry, just like what you did with me. The other half is for creating the host body for the God to inhabit. That's what you'll need walking though I imagine." Aurora said, before continuing, "Once you activate [Build-A-God], the Pedestal will bring the creation menu. You can either create the God to your precise specifications, or you can give the Domain some basics, and have the new God choose who they want to be based on the basics given."

The second option sounded much more appealing to Atlas. He didn't want to force anyone to be someone they weren't comfortable with.

Okay, lets activate a new God! Atlas pressed the button, and the menu popped up. When prompted, Atlas picked the option to give the choice of who to be to the new God, and was then asked to fill out what qualifications he wanted the God to have.


[As a God of Death, I want you to be there to help people move on and accept their end]

[I want you to be what they need to see upon first awakening after death, and have a comforting and gentle air]

[I want you to be welcoming in Death, but also firm and commanding when need be]

[I'm sure the job I'm giving you won't be easy]

[But I want you to be able to both reward those who have done wondrous good deeds in life]

[And also punish those who have done horrible wrongs]

[While I am asking you to punish, I'm doing it out of hope for those who have lost their way to be redeemed]

[So, most importantly of all, I want you to be kind]


There, that should work. Atlas showed what he wrote to Aurora.

"Looks good!" She said, "I like your choice of words, being descriptive emotionally, while being vague physically. Gives the new God based on those personality points a lot of room to chose their own appearance, which is important. This will work, I think."

Atlas nodded and submitted what he wrote, "What comes next?" He asked.

"See the glowing spots on the Pedestal?" Aurora asked, and Atlas looked over at the Pedestal again to see spots on either side softly glowing. "Just like before, you need to place your hands there and push your Divine Energy into the Pedestal. The Domain will help you create your new God's Vessel. After that, you just need to give them a piece of your Divinity and we're good to go!"

Atlas placed his hands on the glowing marks, and pushed his Divine Energy into the Pedestal. He felt it connect with something, the Domain was his best guess, and be funneled through, forming into a humanoid shape. It was easy, the Domain was taking care of the difficult part, Atlas just needed to act as a Battery and occasionally a captain to the Domain's helmsman. He pointed out which way to steer, and the Domain took care of the rest.

Suddenly they were done, and Atlas realized he'd closed his eyes somewhere along the line. He opened them, revealing a small, child-like figure in front of him. They were still indistinct, as if they weren't sure who they were just yet. Atlas squeezed his Divinity, drawing out another rainbow pearl. He gently touched the pearl to the figure's forehead, and halos of light erupted around them.

"Oh," The figure said, "That was... unexpected." They stood awkwardly for a moment, then pulled up a mirror.

"Hmm," The muttered, "I think..." Black hair spilled down from their head, reaching to their shoulders. Their skin filled in, a pale shade of white, almost like marble. They pulled at the aether, forming a black toga around themselves, a silver belt around their middle that held a small glowing lantern.

"...Better," They nodded, and turned to look at Atlas again. This time, Atlas noticed their silver eyes shining like the lantern around their waist. Something on top of their head moved, and he looked up to see that what he'd originally thought was an elaborate hairstyle was actually a pair of cat ears.

"Nice to meet you," They said, "My name is Adana." They seemed flustered, almost shy.

"I'm Atlas," He said, introducing himself, "Did you name yourself?"

"Yes," They nodded, "...It felt right."

Looking at them like this, it was hard to tell their gender. Atlas debated on asking, not wanting to upset anyone. Adana seemed to notice and take pity on him, "...I'm a girl right now."

"Right now?" Atlas said, confused.

"I don't really have an attachment to either gender, but some days I'll feel more one or the other... I'm female today." She explained.

Atlas nodded. That made plenty of sense, compared to what he'd been going through recently, "Cool, just let be know if that changes, okay?"

"...Okay," She ducked her head, ears twitching. Atlas opened the menu and filled Adana's Dominion in as Death. Closing it again, he turned to look at the others.

"We were about to set up the Afterlife, do you want to help?" Aurora asked.

Adana nodded, and they all sat on a couch together, looking over a screen. Aurora explained what they had been planning to Adana.

"That sounds good..." She said, "Can I decide what they look like?"

Aurora and Atlas looked at each other before turning to Adana again. "That's fine with us," Atlas said, "What were you thinking?"

"I want the [Fields of Limbo] to be fields of wildflowers. With some gazebos and terraces for meeting places," She explained, "...The [Hall of Champions] I want to be pretty banquet halls, with rooms off of the sides for things like libraries and lounges."

"That all sounds good to me," Atlas said, "Anything else?"

"Can the [Reapers] look like Valkyries? Winged people, I mean?" Adana asked.

"Sure," Atlas nodded, already filling the information they'd talked about into the menu.

"What about the [Pit of Suffering]?" Aurora asked, "What do you want that to look like?"

"I don't know," Adana said, "I don't really care about that part. Not Fiery, though."

"Hmm, so an Icy [Pit of Suffering] then?" Atlas suggested.

"...Yeah, that sounds good." Adana said, nodding.

Atlas had gotten everything to look like Adana had described, so he activated the systems together. The Reapers (that looked like winged people) would collect the souls of the dead. The souls would be brought to the [Fields of Limbo], and once there would be judged. Most would stay in the Fields and wait until they have been forgotten by the living in order to be reincarnated. The especially bad would be sent to the [Pit of Suffering], where they would be forced to relive all of their crimes from the point of view of the victim until they repent. They would then be released back to the Fields, to wait to be forgotten and reincarnated. The especially good will be allowed to go to the [Hall of Champions], where they will spend the rest of their existence in luxury. If they are forgotten by the living, they will be given the opportunity to reincarnate if they wish.

"Well, that's done," Atlas said, "What now?"'

"Well, Adana should probably go get her Afterlife set up the way she wants it," Aurora said, thinking, "But she can do that any time, so she doesn't need to go now. And seeing as it's the weekend for us, we have a few days to do whatever we want!"

"Why don't we go see how the Races are getting along?" Atlas said, "We can disguise ourselves and go explore. It's been a few days for them now, and there are about one thousand of each race, so they probably won't notice that we aren't supposed to be there."

"That sounds like fun!" Aurora said, "I'm definitely down for that."

"Am I allowed to go as well?" Adana asked, hesitantly.

"Of course!" Aurora said, and Atlas nodded in agreement.

"Let's go see how the Beastmen are doing first." Atlas said, mostly as a favor for Adana, seeing as she chose to be a Beastman, "They're pretty close to where the Dragons live, so I've been a little worried."

"What shall we disguise ourselves as?" Aurora said, "Ooh, I'll be a Foxkin Beastman!" She closed her eyes and pulled at the aether, willing away her elven ears and filling in the empty spot with hair. She then pulled at the top of her skull, and two fox ears appeared. Spinning around, she pulled at her lower back, and a fox tail erupted through her clothes, which formed an opening around it. She concentrated again, and her eyes, nose, and ears glowed for a moment. Opening her eyes, she pulled up a mirror, and examined herself, before nodding. "Okay, done!" She said triumphantly. 

"So you changed the ears, added a tail, and enhanced the senses?" Atlas asked, wanting to make sure he got this right.

"Sure, but what you need to change depends on which Beastkin you're changing into." Aurora pointed out.

"I'm already a Catkin, so..." Adana muttered.

"Okay then, I'll be a Catkin as well. That way, Adana and I can be siblings." Atlas announced. Adana paused, surprised.

"That sounds good," Aurora nodded, "Then I'll be your girlfriend, is that alright?" She said this while facing away from him.

"That's a good reason to be hanging around us, yes." Atlas said, squeaking a bit. Was his face red? It sure felt that way. He closed his eyes and pulled at the aether, getting rid of his human ears. When he did, he panicked for a moment as all sound disappeared, before remembering that he needed to pull the cat ears from the top of his head. He did so, and was relieved as sound returned. He pulled a tail out of his lower back, and enhanced his hearing, smell and sight up to cat levels. How did he know what the exact levels were for cat perception? He wasn't sure, but the information was probably supplied by the Domain.

After checking that all of his new appendages and senses were working properly, he opened his eyes and pulled up a mirror. He didn't look half bad, but had forgotten to grow hair where his human ears were. He did so, sheepishly. He also changed his hair color to black, so as to match Adana better. "Okay, ready." He nodded.

"Well then, we have our cover stories, so let's go!" Aurora said, and lead the way to the Realm Navigator.



The Beastmen were already doing pretty well for themselves, having formed tents and structures for sleeping out of the weather. There were some fires and people were already cooking over them. Atlas walked along the rows of tents with Adana and Aurora, enjoying the bustling and rather festive atmosphere. He stopped, looking around. Why was everyone in such good spirits? As he stood there, he was suddenly almost bowled over.

"Whoa!" He said, regaining his balance. He turned to look at who had run into him, and saw two small grey wolfkin kids, a boy and a girl. "What's all the hurry?" He asked them.

"Didn' ya hear? The Hunters brought back a whole Boarog! Everyone's preparin' a feast!" The older one, the boy, said. The girl was hiding behind her sibling, looking shy.

"Really?" Atlas said, smiling. "That's very impressive!"

"Our Dad's a Hunter, so we're gonna go see him. That's why we were rushin'," The kid explained. The girl stuck her head out and nodded.

"Well, you better hurry then," Aurora said, gesturing at the kids, "But try not to run into anyone else."

"We will!" The two kids chorused, and sprinted off.

"...Let's go see as well," Adana said, and they headed off towards the commotion. In the center of the camp was a large square full of people. Tables and chairs lined the edges and in the middle of it all was a gigantic pig-like creature that a bunch of people were working simultaneously on to dismantle and harvest its parts. Atlas was suddenly thankful that Cybele wasn't here. They sidled over and grabbed a table, sitting down with an older Turtlekin couple.

"I haven't seen you before," The woman said, "Been keeping to yourselves this past few days?"

"Yes," Aurora said, "I wasn't feeling well, so they were taking care of me." There she went, lying effortlessly again.

"Oh, that's a shame," The man said, "It's good you're feeling better now, though."

"You must have missed the meetings, then." The woman said, "We've been divvying up the workload for taking care of this many people. You'll want to talk to Edmundo, he's the one who's really been keeping track of that stuff." She pointed to a large Elephantkin man, who was standing with a few others by the Boarog being dismembered. They looked deep in conversation.

"Oh, but where are my manners?" The woman said, "My name is Josephine, but you can call me Josie. And this is my Husband Edgar."

"Atlas," Atlas introduced himself.

"I'm Aurora, and this is Adana," Aurora chimed in.

"Nice to meet you all," Edgar said.

"We just wanted to come over to check on how everyone else was settling in," Atlas said.

"Oh, well enough I suppose," Josie started, "Sleeping on the ground isn't so good on my back, but we've been making do."

"That's too bad," Aurora said, "I'm sorry about that."

"Oh, it's fine!" Josie said, "We old folks can take more than you realize. We just want to make sure the kids are comfortable before they start worrying about us."

"So you all are... happy?" Atlas asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"As much as we can be!" Edgar said, "More optimistic than happy, you know? There's a lot to look forward to."

"Which is why we're all working as had as we can to make the best of things. Well, not right now, of course, right now we're preparing to feast." Josie said.

"Anyway, what kind of knowledge did you arrive with?" Edgar asked.

Atlas was taken aback, "What?"

Josie seemed to catch his hesitation, and explained, "When we first arrived, we were all confused, right? At that time, a lot of us realized we had some knowledge in our heads that we couldn't explain. For example, Edgar here has some construction knowledge, and was able to help people get some of the first tents set up."

"Oh," Aurora said, "I have some cooking knowledge." Atlas supposed this was true enough. She'd cooked breakfast for him and his sister before.

"I have some medical knowledge," Atlas said, "It's why I knew how to help Aurora when we first arrived."

Adana just shook her head.

"Oh," Josie said, "You must still be too young, the other children all didn't receive any new knowledge either. But Cooking and Medical knowledge, those will be useful. You should go talk to Edmundo. He'll want to know about that."

"We'll do that after the feast," Atlas said, standing up, "Well, the two of you enjoy yourselves."

"You all as well! See you later, dearies!" Josie said.

Atlas waved, and the couple waved back, before turning to each other to continue whatever discussion they'd been having before he and the others sat down at their table.

"They were nice," Aurora said.

"Why did they appear with random knowledge?" Atlas asked.

"It's probably related to their Classes." Aurora said, "Classes aren't just for battle. Having [Crafting] activated means there are craftsmen Classes as well."

Suddenly there was a cacophony of loud talking coming from the entrance to camp. The next group of Hunters had arrived, and some of them were injured. They were carrying a feline creature's corpse.

Atlas approached, hoping to see if there was anything he could do to help. "What happened?" He asked reached the group. There were five Hunters, two women and three men, and all of them at least had some scratches. One of the men was unconscious, a large gouge taken out of his leg that was bleeding badly. There was blood everywhere.

"We were ambushed by this Jagard, it attacked Clinton before we could do anything. We managed to take it down, but he's lost a lot of blood. He lost consciousness on the way back to camp." One of the women said. She was covered in blood as well, but wasn't badly hurt. She must have carried Clinton back to camp.

Atlas knelt down and started putting pressure on Clinton's wound.

"What are you doing?" One of the men asked.

"You need to put pressure on wounds, to help prevent blood loss." Atlas said, "Now quiet, I'm trying to concentrate." He was mentally flipping through the spells he'd learned over the past week. There were a few healing spells, mostly for small injuries and broken bones. There wasn't anything for regrowing missing flesh, and he didn't have time to write a new spell right now! Maybe overpowering a simple healing spell with his Divinity would help? He decided to try it.

He focused on the Healing spell circle and pushed his mana into it. The glowing magenta circle appeared in front of him, centered around the wound. All of  the Beastmen nearby gasped and backed away. The spell alone wasn't enough though, the wound wasn't closing. Atlas, still concentrating, activated his Divinity, and the spell circle began to shine the full spectrum of the rainbow. Finally, the wound began to heal, the flesh knitting back together under his hands. He  sighed, and wiped his hands on his shirt. It already had blood on it, so more wasn't going to hurt. He cast a simple diagnostic spell, which appeared in front of him and glowed a grey color. The spell informed him that the man would live.

"The wound is healed, but he's still lost a lot of blood," Atlas explained, standing up, "He's going to need rest and food to recover." He looked around, and saw that all of the Beastmen were staring at him, seemingly in shock.

Aurora approached quickly with Adana in tow and grabbed his hand. "Time to go, I think," She whispered. She closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment, and Atlas felt a pulling sensation as the three of them disappeared.



They reappeared in the Realm Navigator, and Atlas turned to look at Aurora. "What was that about?" He asked, "Why did you pull us out of there so fast?"

"You didn't notice?" Aurora asked, "They hadn't figured out magic yet. What you did probably seemed like a miracle to them. And that was before you activated you Divinity and started glowing like a God. Even Beastmen, who usually aren't very good at magic, will be able to tell there's something Divine about you when you start using your Divinity."

Oh. "Oops," He said, "I guess I messed up, huh?"

"No, it's okay," Aurora said, "We were pretty much done there anyway, and it will be an interesting story for them to tell. Plus, it might get them started on figuring out magic."

Adana stretched for a moment. "I'm going to go set up the Afterlife now, okay?" She said, looking at Atlas.

"That's fine," He nodded. She gave him a shy smile and turned back to the Realm Navigator. Atlas and Aurora stepped off of the platform, and after a moment of fiddling with the menu Adana disappeared.

Atlas and Aurora stood there for a moment in silence.

"Well, what now?" Aurora asked, "Do you want to go check on the other Races in person, or...?" She trailed off.

"Maybe not," Atlas said, "It might be better to just observe them from here, so we don't have any more mishaps." He pulled at the aether, changing himself back to normal.

"Hmm," Aurora said, thoughtfully, "That 'mishap' was probably better for us in the long run, though. Gods and Spirits grow more powerful through worship, you know? So that mishap kind of served as an introduction. The Beastmen will remember us. Shouldn't we do the same for the other races?"

"That's a good point," Atlas said. "How about sending them some sort of dream? Is that possible?"

"Yes," Aurora said, "While in observation mode you can select people to send an oracle, right? It's similar to that, as just another form of communication. You can choose what form you want your message to be in, a dream, a vision, a voice, that sort of thing."

"Neat," Atlas said, "But how do you select a whole race?"

"Here, I'll show you," Aurora laughed.

Ultimately, they ended up sending all five Races a dream that night.


Darkness.

It all started in the void. Nothingness was all there was.

Until a figure appeared. A man, with brown hair and hazel eyes, stepped out of the nothingness.

Somehow, the dreamer knew this man's name was Atlas.

With him on either side were two figures, a blonde woman and a dark haired child.

The dreamer also somehow knew the names of these two, Aurora and Adana.

Other figures darted around, but were indistinct and didn't stay in one place.

The man gathered his hands together, and light began to pour out from between his fingers.

He opened his hands, and a glowing orb floated upwards, taking the shape of a planet, two landmasses in the shape of hands.

The man reached upwards, and touched the planet a few places.

The point of view zoomed inwards towards the planet, zooming in on one of the places where the man had touched.

It zoomed in so close, the dreamer could see small figures ambling about.

Why, it was their Race! Right when they'd first appeared.

The dream followed their Race for a while, showing then first few days they'd spent, but sped up.

The dream quickly caught up with the present, and showed the dreamer themself, asleep.

Suddenly, a voice spoke to them, and they knew it was Atlas' voice.

"Welcome... To Avalon."

Then, the dreamer woke up.



Gemma shot awake. That dream... was obviously not a normal dream, right? She stretched for a moment, then got up and put on a change of clothes. She needed to talk to somebody about this... vision she'd had. Stepping out of her tent, she noticed that lots of other Halflings were already awake. She walked to the meal area, and saw her friend Lili sitting at a table with some food. She grabbed a meal of her own and joined her.

"Gemma!" Lili said, as she approached. "So, what do you think?"

"Think?" Gemma asked, "About what?"

"The dream, of course!" Lili said, "Wasn't it strange?"

"Did you have a strange dream too?" Gemma asked.

"As far as I'm aware, everyone had the same dream." Lili corrected. That... was even more strange.

"How is that possible?" Gemma asked, "What would have caused us all to have that dream?"

"I think it's more likely a 'who', not a 'what'," Lili said, "And some of the others think that those were Gods we dreamt of. I think I agree."

"Gods!?" Gemma said, before taking the time to consider that.

"The first one, Atlas, seemed to create this world, right?" Lili said, "And what about all of the figures we couldn't quite make out? More Gods?"

"I'm more interested in the last part," Gemma admitted, "The 'Welcome... To Avalon' part. Is that the name of this world?"

"It would seem so," Lili nodded, "And that's a good thing."

"Is it?" Gemma said through a spoonful of porridge.

"It means we're welcome here, right? We're supposed to be here." Lili said, "This world is open to us. Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yeah, you're right." Gemma said, swallowing.

"Some of the others were saying that it was a sign, and were talking about starting some farms." Lili said, biting into some fruit.

Gemma thought about that, "It's a good idea. The land here is fertile, they'll have plenty of successful crops. We just need someone to find different edible plants to grow."

"I was thinking," Lili cut in, "Maybe that could be us. With your scouting knowledge, and my plant knowledge, I think we'd be pretty successful, don't you think?"

"That could be fun!" Gemma said, excited, "I'd hate to be stuck in camp forever, exploring might be just what I need!" And it would keep her close with Lili, so bonus.

"Oh, good," Lili said, sounding relieved, "I'll bring it up with the others then, and we'll see how it goes."

They didn't know it then, but this conversation would be the start of a grand adventure. It would lead Lili Clearweather on to create her own Pharmacy, one that became famous for their quality goods. Clearweather Pharmacy would be a company with integrity that would last for centuries, their founder having created great strides in medicine that would go down in history.

Gemma Hillycount would become a famous explorer, discovering many different landmarks and founding what would later become the capital city, which would be renamed 'Hillycount' in honor of her after her passing. The capital city of the Halfling country, Fairfield.

6