Chapter 11 – System Mall
691 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Alex tried to draw he really did, but he couldn't keep up with the current brush technique embedded in his mind. after 30 minutes his right hand started to hurt and he couldn't keep drawing it, He wondered if he had digital tools would it help? the Manga in this world still relies on traditional pen and paper and has only begun to use the digital pen, even so, those technologies are still experimental, he once heard that it was a newly LCD tablet just like a smartphone with a nibbler, fairly modern even by his previous world standards but the prices were just too astronomical compared to what was offered back in his old world.

Alex wondered if the Tablet from his old world was sold in the system mall? He wondered what sort of item is sold in the system mall now that it garnered his interest. He wanted a tablet badly, drawing and pen and paper is fine but he misses the speed and shortcut offered using digital art, not to mention it's faster too. and with his hand like this, any edge would be a welcome addition right? Perhaps he could also check out if there are supplements to make him stronger. A healthier body equals a healthier mind, not to mention his current body is simply too weak.

He was sitting in his small little room, now that he looked around, it was pretty small, smaller than he gave it any thought. How did people in japan ever live like this he wondered, He knew the rooms were small but not this small, he could barely move around, there's only a place to lay down his tatami and a place to put up a table and a chair, that's all. He should check out the system mall now. 

Alex gotta figure out how to access the damn thing first, so he asks in his mind

" Hey system, how do I access the system mall? is there a prompt?"

Welcome to the system mall User Alex Kenichi

access is restricted to the ordinary system mall.

User access is limited

An emotionless electronic sound rang out, and in Alex's mind right now, a dazzling array of commodities floated in front of him. Each item is marked with a clear price for him to purchase with an unknown currency. At this time, a string of currents flowed into Alex's mind. These are some of the basic knowledge of the system mall that was granted to him

There are explanations that include "Reputation currency and Popularity Currency" seems like there are different currencies to buy different things. then there is the usual points currency, which is used to buy most of the items in the system  mall

"Reputation value" is the currency of the system mall, which is obtained through the influence of the host in the ACG world. The greater the influence of the host in the ACG world, the more "influence value" one can obtain. The influence of the ACG world is not just on the comics industry, but on similar types industry as well, from art to animation even to advertising. Anything that has a 2D influence from video games to movie adaptations, the influence value can be gained by focusing on the brand name.

If you only rely on comics, the way to get influence value is too simple, With this there's more leeway for Alex to earn more points, Games, music, animation, etc. can all get influence points, so it's much simpler, even a women's clothing too. Alex wondered if he should focus on some sort of Anime couture or lingerie...

" Oh, that could work...a bit of culture won't hurt nobody..."

Alex checked his Influence value through the system, right now the panel shows that his influence value is now only  around 600

Alex has a long way to go before he could start spending on the system mall. After understanding the basic common sense of the mall, His consciousness wandered around in the grand mindscape of a mall. In the mall, there are all kinds of strange props, Most of the tools are just items to help with drawing manga or improving your artwork. Some of the prices on these things are ridiculously high, and even the cheapest tool similar to an eraser has an Influence value of over 30,000 points!

Not only these items, but there are also some strange secrets behind the mall, on closer inspection, he saw something he thought he would never see. There are martial arts scrolls in it. Some of the martial arts are pretty common, some are quite weird and some are simply just ridiculous.

"What the hell is going on? I thought this was some sort of Mangaka system? Why are they selling Martial arts skills?"

The range is pretty diverse too, from Taichi, Kickboxing, to  Wing Chun, then there are the odd and expensive ones such as  " True Ninja Gennin Taijutsu" or " Otherworldly Ikemen Boxing Art" these weird martial arts cost up to 100 000 points. Did he wonder if he ever needed such fantasy-style martial arts in this realistic grounded world? the system mall is kinda breaking the 4th wall, perhaps in the future, there will be a need for these skills? he wondered if such a thing will happen.

Alex could only look at the items in the mall with envious eyes, some of the stuff in here seems so mysterious. But right now the stuff that he is interested in is the stuff the mall sells that could improve his ability in the ACG sphere. the system also sells "ACG Music Gift Package", "Introduction to Animation Director", "One Hundred Routines for Picking Up Girl", and " How to be the Daddiest DAD" The book has nothing to do about being a Dad by the way.

The more you look at the store the darker it gets, the darker it gets... The more he realizes that the system is probably trolling him. Alex is getting a headache Isn't this just some sort of experience and life skills? He could buy those? There are far more interesting stuff too such as how to "Hack the government Super Computer in 5 steps" or " How to cook like the Divine god of cooking" or even "How to master the art of assassins"

Why would the system mall even sell these sorts of things? But well... these things are still relatively cheap, some of them only cost a few thousand points. Too bad right now Alex couldn't afford anything in here. As Alex continues to stroll in the system mall, he saw miniatures, no scratch that. Figurines. They are indeed Figurines.

Some of them are quite famous in his old world "Two Piece", "Noruto", "Bleaches", "Your Lie in March", "The Pet Girl of Papayarou"...These are similar to the skill figurines that he absorb earlier for Kyoto Ghoul. Facing their prices, especially the prices of the three major Manga Works, These are just too astronomically expensive! He wondered if getting something like Kyoto Ghoul was just pure luck or the system giving a dog a bone for a first-time bonus. These items are over several hundred thousand of points.

 " Hey system, Why don't you just rob me instead? what's up with these prices?"

Just when Alex was about to continue to complain, he seemed to have seen something quite extraordinary! He walked at a slower pace and approached that step reverently with excitement! At this moment, Alex almost knelt down! Because in front of him is his favorite anime of all time, to him It is The most invincible anime ever animated in the two-dimensional world!

Violet Aftergarden!

In his past life, this was just a light novel, and later own was adapted into a Netflix project by Kyoto Animation and turned into an anime. But this, in the mall, there is a figure that would allow him to draw that arty style in manga format! He really wants to draw it! There were other high profile Anime titles with Manga skill format as well such as " Fate Stay Morning" and " Eden Story" He wanted to draw those too!

Subconsciously, Alex looked at the price for this series, it was expensive. Very expensive, he can't afford this. there's no need to tell the price, He's an adult what is he doing simply simping on Anime like this? There's more to see in the mall, He's going to take a full tour of this place and truly understand what it sells. As Alex continues to walk in the mindscape of the system mall and encounters various ACG things along the way, but in a place deep in the system, there is a shelf! Inside that shelf, there is a heart.

This heart is crystal clear and transparent, like a crystal carving, exuding a dim light, giving people an incomparably strong attraction...

Below the heart is marked "Heart of the Cards", the price... 9 999 999+

"Is this really for sale? What's up with that Incredible High Price?"

It's probably junk, using that high price to ensnare people? He didn't even want to think about it.

He has walked around and find nothing that he could buy. He simply doesn't have the points for it. But just when Alex was about to quit the system mall, Tanmu saw something! After glancing at the price with trepidation, He almost jumped with joy. This is something he can buy.

Physical fitness value 0.5... 300 Influence value! It only cost 300 influence points! The reward is only 0.5 when completing a task that takes a whole month of your life, but only 300 points in the mall? Alex paces around to see if he didn't make any mistake with the price. It really does say 300 points.

At this moment in time, he was elated, Didn't he have 600 points? he could immediately increase his fitness value by a whole 1 point! And didn't he want to draw " Kyoto Ghoul"! Wouldn't it be easier for him to draw that masterpiece if his hands would have worked at full capacity? The more Alex thinks about it, the more excited he becomes, fuck it. let's buy it all!

After clicking to confirm the button for the purchase in the Interface, he can clearly feel that a warm current slowly flows into his body!

Now Alex's hand injury is healed, But due to neglect of his health while living a hikikomori life and always eating Konbeni and junk food, His liver and heart had problems too, let's fix his overall health as well. Controlling the warm current that slowly nourishes the liver, nourished by this warm current, the liver miraculously improves then his heart. When the warm current was completely nourished, he could feel that his body weight started to readjust, he seem to gain a leaner body too, From now on, he's strong enough to go for an exercise and started working out, before this, he was simply too weak.

Alex had a great idea, He wondered if he could simply spend points on Vitality and other stats? if only 1 point could create such huge changes to his body, he wonders what happened if he maxed out most of the stats of his body?

Before he could proceed with his train of thought he looked at the stat acquisition again, it seems the stats have a soft cap. Now in order to buy 0.5 vitality points he needed to spend 3000 more points instead of 300.  Alex could only sigh at the price increase. Perhaps focusing on your stat isn't as feasible as you thought.

Most of his body functions have returned to normal now that his hand is partially fixed, and his low stamina and sickly body are now half repaired, He has become somewhat normal again, this sets his heart at peace. Of course, Alex's physical fitness is still poor right now, but as long as he takes good care of his body while regularly exercising, He will be able to recover without the physical fitness provided by the system. Perhaps even grow stronger too.

After exiting the system Mindscape. He sat at his chair alone with the fan nearby in the ceiling that kept spinning and spinning. He took his laptop and typed a few words. 

-Equipment for Anime studio

  • How to run an anime studio
  • - How to create a gang 
  • - Yakuza living in Hokkaido
  • Manufacturing Cost of Electronics
  • Cost of making a smartphone game

 

Alex worked with renewed vigor silently and look upon the little screen, an idea came to him, a bold but perhaps feasible idea for the future. Something to look forward to, but wouldn't hurt to research into now. The night passed by in peace as they studied the various matters with the internet of this world, things that he wanted to achieve, things that he would look forward to, it's good to dream, isn't it? 

That's what he's doing now. With the system, perhaps some dreams are possible, why not dream a little bigger?

................

Somewhere in an underground basement-

Kameda-Kura was sketching a new series for the Toshakan Competition hosted by JAMP soon, he would enter it and gain the first spot. He had people and followers to vote for him, the top three spots will be his, preferably if he gets the number one spot, but he heard that Lilian Akamatsu's protege is entering, perhaps her talents are the real deal and he wouldn't want to offend the "Shoujo Queen" besides, there is one person he wanted to beat more than anything.

"Alex Kenichi, that stupid brat"

One of his Editors called earlier and forwarded him the list of Authors and Mangaka's that are participating under the Satelight Publisher, The name came up, Alex Kenichi, the last spot on the tenth place, he was the final one chosen to join without a sponsor. Unlike the kid, He already has working sterilization that's about to end and currently is in the making of creating one, his Anime series has recently been aired, although without

Another Editor call him on the phone

"Kameda Sensei, are you there? listen here. Gainax would like to hold the new anime, for now, your series is being hit by massive outrage due to the NTR focus in that story"

Kameda Kura wasn't pleased to hear that, he liked the NTR part, it's what makes him famous, That's his signature trait that the fans wanted to read from him, without NTR his fans would think his writing and artwork are just pure garbage. Kameda doesn't like that, he grunted and snorted as the Editor lay down his effort to dissuade him to write something new but Kameda wouldn't have it. the NTR must stay.

"Did you hear all that Kameda Sensei? As your Editor, i would advice you to-"

" Shut your mouth and do as you're told, you've got your money, right? if you want to keep earning your keep, just let me do what I want! after this anime deal, the figurines and merchandising will definitely sell, me changing my signature wouldn't cut it!"

The Editor could only sigh in defeat and said

"But this won't end in your favor Kameda Sensei, the higher-ups are already breathing down my neck! That Hojo-san from the Tokyo branch is causing trouble for us"

Kameda click his tongue in disgust, he heard of this Hojo guy,

"I've heard that that guy! the number One editor for JAMP their best Editor and supposedly I've heard he denied the Head Editorial Department in favor of "nurturing" young aspiring Artist, what a bunch of horseshit!"

Don't we still have some bribe money? just squeeze anyone from the other Head Editors in Kanto, It's part of your Job!

" Kameda-san, this time it won't work, the Head Editor and Hojo-san are digging around with that Gainax deal. your previous Anime signup was not what they agreed upon, if things go bad, we might have a lawsuit for skirting around the censorship laws!"

Kameda's anger came to a bursting point as he grip his phone tightly from anger, he feels like hanging up right now and throwing the phone into the wall and smashing it again, the last phone suffered such tragedy after all.

"What are we?! China?! who fucking cares about some damn censorship when child pornography and Gravure Idols are legal! this is Japan! our consent age is 13! what censorship!? what a load of bull! YOU -FIX THIS!"

" Child Pornography is Illegal Sensei!, Wait-Kameda sen-"

He hung up the phone and shouted in the basement in anger

"Damn it! nothing is going my way! I'll show you, I'll show everyone what I'm made of!"

My discord channel if anyone wanted to ask  questions https://discord.gg/cgx6pwjYtX

17