Chapter 28 – Gambits and the game of Luck
393 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The app that Alex created was an App from his world, think Uber but more localized only here in Sapporo. The app focuses on the delivery of goods and engaging with help whenever they can, a hire per hour. He already did the necessary tuning by using the system.

The user has purchased a Basic Programming language Mastery

The user has purchased a Basic Algorithm logic in mathematics Mastery

The user has purchased a Standalone Matrix programmable interface in AI Mastery

total amount balance

470 000 - 30 000 x 3 = 380 000

The app was pretty self-explanatory to anyone living in his old world, but for this world? it would the first. Who knew they haven't invented Uber or Grabfood deliveries, to think that such a thing wouldn't exist here, The lack of online presence in this world allowed him to be the pioneers of these technologies in their infancy and capitalize on them.

two days ago, He discuss the matter with Aya and had her file a patent approval in the Sapporo Municap council hall to register this trademark. Sapporo, which has the fifth largest population in Japan, is a central city with 2.5 million residents in its metropolitan area, where approximately 45% of Hokkaido’s population is concentrated. In addition, there are numerous educational institutions in the city, and talented local residents support the competitiveness of companies there, there is talent here, and local talent can be found easily in a place like this.

The application to be a grab driver under the Anteiku App will flood the city. 

Alex gave the bike to Matsutada and bring him to the next building beside the abandoned warehouse, it was only a few meters away, next to a park and they reached an empty lot with some abandoned offices. 

"Check out your new office, Don't worry bout the leasing, it's already been taken care of, If you have even more delinquents that wanna join in and make some money and do good,"

Alex patted Matsutada and startled him as he looked at the state of this broken facility.

" Step up Matsuchan, with a little sprucing up from your boys, you will own a part of Sapporo, no more illegal work to support your family, No more trying to pay back your loan to those yakuza's anymore, Do this. And you will be free, it's the least I can offer you for now, it's a legitimate business that has the potential to go global with the right attitude and action, I believe we can do this."

Matsutada looked at Alex as his eyes almost teared up..

"A..aniki...you knew?"

Alex could only look him in the eye in an understanding manner and said,

"I have a sister and a mother to take care of too, we are in the same boat here. Let's do it, yeah? for our friends and families"

Matsutada could only nod gratefully, the boys in the back were already bawling when they heard it. and patted their friend in the back as well

"Come on Matsu chan, let's do it, Let's just do what the Aniki says, I'm tired of doing bad things that hurt people too just to survive"

One of the other guys then chime in and said

"Yeah, let's organize the place, I'm sure the boss would know what to do, we can call the rest of the guys too, I'm sure they will help out. Those delinquents will know if we explain it properly to them"

Matsutada even smile and said-

"Yeah! let's do it! it will be our revenge against this unfair world!"

Alex had a bright idea suddenly when Matsutada said the word revenge, there was a story in his old world about a group of Tokyo Delinquents trying to make the world a better place but in the future, it didn't end up that way, and they all fall wayward until a certain Isekaied person came back to the past to change it...what was it called again?

Alex could only smile as he remembered the name, well..with a few changes it wouldn't be so bad, he could think of a few new marketing strategies for this

" Hey, I got an idea boys, Why don't you call yourself the Sapporo Revengers?  Us Bosozoku's gotta stick together yeah? in a few more weeks of doing this, I will be guaranteed that each and every one of you will own a real Kawasaki Ninja Zephyr  what do you think?"

"oooh! good idea Aniki! Let's take a picture!"

"Ok sure..let's do it"

Alex said as he took a selfie with the rest of the group. The original members of the Sapporo Revengers. Delivery service driver for the city of Sapporo in Hokkaido! the very first one that's using an app.

"Oh right Aniki, how the hell did you even afford these bikes and offices?"

"oh..that? I won them in a gamble. No biggie went to a pachinko machine and won a bunch of cash, It's Yakuza money don't worry. It's best to screw with those guys anyway, I wipe the floor with all of their establishment, they won't mess around us for now, don't worry, they are too busy trying to recoup their losses in the red light district"

 SSS Gambit

Infinite luck at a given time when it is activated. The user is able to use this skill during key moments when there is a choice to be made. The user will have all the luck within a 500-meter radius for the next 10 minutes. The cooldown of the skill is one hour. Life is unfair Dear User but then again, a cheater always wins if they aren't caught.

the rest of the boys could only stare at Alex blankly then shouted

"THAT'S OUR ANIKI!! That's so cool!! so manly! soo ballsy!! HAHA HAHA! you rob the Yakuza! haha! that's too good!"

 

..................................

2 days ago-

Aya after having dinner from a Konbini store eating their dinner after that recent fiasco

"Alex, I'm heading to the police station to give out my statement, you should come too.."

Alex stretches out his body as he eats his instant ramen and finishes it in seconds

"Hold up, gimme 30 minutes, wait for me here..there's something I've got to do before we do that, Payback for future troubles these Yakuza is gonna cause me."

Aya could only stare at him confusedly as he got up from the chair and went out to the konbini store heading back towards the Red light district, Aya observe from afar inside the konbini glass panels and saw him go into a...Pachinko parlor?

"What's he doing at a Pachinko Parlor?"

.....................

30 minutes later, 

Alex came back into the Konbini store with a plastic bag full of wads of cash and coins, they seemed to be winnings from those pachinko machines as the plastic he was holding has the store name of the Pachinko shop, there are at least several million yens inside the plastic bag. as the boy nonchalantly gave her one of the bags since he's holding two.

"Did you...gamble?"

"Yep..it's at least uhh...60k USD? around seven million yen worth of cash here. I've got two bags, here..the bigger one is yours."

"!!!"

..........................

Present time

Aya Gozen- currently at the Sapporo Subway in the afternoon, she sees graying salarymen, twentysomething hipsters, and schoolgirls all paging through a manga weekly or a graphic novel.  In many parts of the city, you can't walk more than two or three blocks without encountering comics, Japan, the land of the manga ...it really is like this. Everyone here lives and breathes the medium. Aya finds that quite comforting as if she was in her element again even if she isn't working as an Editor for a firm or a big conglomerate anymore.

The wads of cash were tucked nicely and neatly inside her bag as she didn't need an ATM. It would be seed money to start up a company, she just came from the Municipal Council of Sapporo and had to take the Subway so she could head towards the printing factory for a job. She had someone in the industry who owes her a favor, it's time to cash it in and maybe even poach him if he's interested.

Toppan was one of the largest printing specialists in Japan when the war ended 20 years ago during the war, they were already printing propaganda manga for the government for recruitment and fought against the invaders. Besides printing books and magazines for publishers, they have a broad range of specialist outputs such as printing of stock certificates and credit cards, advertising printing, package printing, creation of industrial materials, and electronics research.

But first and foremost? they are the pioneers of the printing method of making manga here. To say that this is the birthplace of manga is a gross understatement, but due to recent rapid expansion, the company hasn't been able to keep up with the three giants of the industry such as Kodansha, Shueisha, and Shogakukan, and has recently fallen into obscurity trying to keep their contracts and could only rely on Doujin works for independent work.

Aya arrived by taxi, she hasn't had her lunch, the sun was high noon when she just arrive here. There's no time to waste, time to go in. Inside the premises, there are many buildings all crammed together. Aya passed by the room for the retouching. This was a huge area, twice as large as her offices at Coamix, completely filled with DTP (Desktop Publishing) computers. Seeing all those computers lined up like that was quite a dramatic sight! as it brings some nostalgia back when she was still working groundwork in Satelight as an ordinary Editor.

Someone familiar spotted her nearby, it was the person she was supposed to meet

"Aya! long time no see! Your call from yesterday surprised me when you said you're coming here for a proper business proposal. Has it been a year already? you've grown into a fine woman Aya"

The man before him was Hiroshi Asagi, Owner and a friend of her uncle's. He also taught her much in the printing and proofreading industry when she landed a job with Satelight since He too was trying to poach her back then five years ago to ask her to work with him. How time flies.

"Yes, how are you doing Mr. Hiroshi? is your wife and daughter well?"

"Ahh, thank you for asking, my wife and our daughter are doing quite well since she just entered college this year, but uhh..as you know, business isn't good so I couldn't provide her with many things in Tokyo"

Aya straighten her back and shook the man's hands

" Uncle, I have a business proposition that will perhaps alleviate that matter, how does a million copies sound?"

The middle-aged man could only stammer as he said those lucrative words mid-sentence

"M..million copies?!! What kind of deal is this?! I...I heard that you work for JAMP recently..didn't they have their own publishing company?"

Aya could only shake her head in regret

"Not anymore, I left Jamp because they tried to cancel Tochigi from ever getting a serialization, My sister interfered and there's nothing I can do as long as the board members are in cahoots with her"

Hiroshi could only sigh as he heard of that sister of hers, Maya Gozen, the half-sister of the Gozen empire, While Aya was the current legal daughter from his first wife, but his dad had an affair from before and had children out of wedlock before they married Aya's mother. 

"Aya, be careful, I heard some strange rumors from the community about your sister's backers, It isn't just the Shueisha board members, but other foreign shareholders that have a majority share just recently, I've recently asked an analyst what he thinks about it, but according to the pattern..."

Aya could only nod and said

"A hostile takeover, I know. My sister is trying to own the majority shares of Shueisha by short-selling the shares and having her backers buy them in bulk and forcing the current shareholders to sell"

Hiroshi gave her a weird look as he said,

"Wait, you knew? "

Aya could only laugh dryly

"My current boss knows about it, Have you heard of Alex Kenichi? he is the current author for Kyoto Ghoul, he gave me this prediction that something like this might be going on in the background..did you know what he said to me?"

Hiroshi's eyes could only rise in surprise as Alex Kenichi suggested such a thing. He was just a 18-year-old kid, A masterful manga artist that created Kyoto ghoul, he'd seen the works online up close, it was really good, very detailed, just unlike what an 18-year-old could do with his limited knowledge, and yet he surpassed it.

"What did he say Aya?"

"He said, It doesn't matter. He said...if my sister wants an obsolete Battleship, by all means, take it, All he needs to do is to create an even more effective Heavy Cruiser to bombard that armor, Hit em where it hurt most. their revenue"

Hiroshi could only feel impressed at the kid's attitude, even if it wasn't realistic and just pure bravado.

"And this...1 million copies of Kyoto Ghoul manga will help? how will it help?"

Aya could only stay silent and said

"One million copies weekly"

"Ahh right..one mill- W--WHAT?! WEEKLY?!"

"Yes weekly"

"Uhh..not to be blunt but, No one ever crosses 1 million weekly revenue even with the kind of marketing budget that triples that budget, This isn't realistic Aya, your company will run at a loss"

Aya pulled out a contract from her bag and gave it to him

"Shall we head to the meeting room? this will be an official negotiation between my company Funnymation with your Toppan Publishing for an exclusive contract. I want the lowest deal with the highest output you can muster, if possible, We would also like to own part of Toppan Publishing shares, since you are the majority shareholder with a 70% ownership, all we ask is 10% of the ownership of shares"

Hiroshi could only be stammered at her sudden forceful nature as her icy stare changes into something far more sinister, the infamous Ice queen mode has awakened right now and she means serious business

"I uhh...sure, let's discuss the matter in detail, but I have to say...who is your backer?"

Aya bluntly said

"No backer, it's Just Me, Alex, and uhh..some kid named Matsutada and eventually someone called Kishimoto"

Kishimoto? he heard of the name Kishimoto..Isn't that the Yakuza in charge of the Seirukai of Hokkaido Alliance here in Sapporo? He's their backer?! This will be a long day, Hiroshi could feel that every second staying with this Icy woman is draining his  HP bit by bit.

"One million weekly? ...it will certainly make a profit this month for my company, but can you really hit the target?"

Aya could only gaze out of the window as the sun was turning red due to the passing of time, It's already in the evening.

"He said he will do it, I'm sure he has his ways, He said something about "Pre -Orders" I'm not familiar with the term"

Hiroshi never heard of the term Pre-order as well. What does it mean? Does this Pre-order thing allow them to stay afloat? he could only guess, He isn't exactly the best Entrepreneur in the country, His best knowledge still lies in printing, that's his passion. And certainly doing 1 million weekly, his passion is currently ignited again.

"Okay, I'll sign the deal, How are you gonna pay?"

Aya took a plastic bag from her bag.

"Cash. here's a 10% deposit for the first week. there are around 7 million yen in cash inside the bag"

It was a huge plastic bag full of cash inside her carry bag, He wondered how the money even fit in there. This is certainly one of the weirdest negotiations he's been dealing with over the years. Who knew that the daughter of the famous Gozen family daughter would actually initiate such an offer to him. A part of him is glad she didn't go to his father's newspaper publishing company to publish this.

 

..............................

Pre-orders. Something that doesn't exist here in Japan. A new term that hasn't existed yet in this world. Even the business concept of pre-ordering hasn't arrived here in this world. Technically..it has been done before, but not in the literary industry, certainly not to a medium like manga here in this parallel world.

Alex Kenichi was just sitting in a newly painted office all spruced up after cleaning and washing for hours with the boys. With his stamina and health improving it was easy, he took a room to his own and started to fiddle on his phone with the multipurpose Anteiku app. Within the app there was a manga section and his series was on sale- with a button there 

"pre-order" and " Shipping"

Pre Order your Kyoto Ghoul copy and receive 20% off for both volume 1 and volume 2 copies.

Shipping included - *listed countries that are available for shipping*

Choose your language of manga- Japanese/English

Enter your dickscord ID for an extra bonus towards your dickscord roles

 

a simple UI design with the logo and cover of the two-volume he uploaded and the links shared among various social media and dickscord channels. Now all he needs to do is wait. Wait for the eventual boom of the next Amazon of Japan. The birth of online shopping, Pre-ordering, and exclusive rewards.

a small smile escapes him as he said these words where no one could hear him.

"Your turn JAMP comics, what's your move? I have your king at B6, don't get yourself a checkmate now, the game's just starting, The first gambit was my move, how will you respond towards it?"

 

Dreamer, would you like to use an exclusive item recently bought at the mall?

A Grade Item One time Use

Horn of Bran Gallan the luck of Valhalla

This item will allow the user to influence the product blessed by the sound of luck increasing it's popularity and influence by 300% for the next 1 week. Whatever the user do with said Item will have an increase popularity and influence point racked up for the next 1 week. Item will also gained an extra 30% revenue from the total amount of revenue at the end of the week if the item is sold within an established financial capacity.

 

User current influence 389 000 points

User current passive point earning 9500 points/per day

To increase current passive point earning, the user must increase his total connection and overall influence around him. The more popular you are the more influence point you own. the lesser will the Will of the World inflict it's Wrath upon the user.

Current popularity points 950k popularity Rank C+

" Do it"

He stoops up and calls the rest of them to head back home and call it a day. It's been a productive day today. Just another day of summer here in Japan. Nothing new. a smiling boy with blonde hair and purple gradient eyes stares at the sky hungrily as if he's ready to devour the heavens above him.

" Just your Ordinary slice of life days...so peaceful."

 

11