Chapter 29: A dangerous Spell
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had to cast a huge protection spell now. The protection spell had to be so big that it would also protect Onaki. There it was, the mighty attack of the Serpent Demon. The protection spell stood and it was the most powerful version I could muster at the time. Nevertheless, the barrier that was supposed to protect Onaki and me was destroyed within seconds and we took great damage. I fell to the ground on my knees, panting to myself. ''He's too strong... How on earth am I supposed to defeat him?'' I said to myself, having difficulty keeping my eyes open. Onaki was also having trouble staying on his feet.

There was no other way. I had to resort to this forbidden and dangerous technique. ''I guess there is no other way, if this fails the whole galaxy is lost. I didn't think I would ever need this spell...'' I said to myself and prepared the spell, which consumed a lot of energy and stamina. ''What is this going to be? A forbidden spell? You're getting dangerous, little one,'' the serpent demon answered me with fear in his voice and took the blow. Oh Lord of the Underworld, Lord of Chaos, lend me your all-encompassing power to finally finish off this snake demon. Destroyer!!!'' I shouted at the snake demon, and in my hand formed a mass of black and uncontrollable energy that was enveloped in red lightning. ''Take that, you miserable lizard, Destroyer fire!", I shouted and with that I fired this dangerous spell towards the snake demon and the snake guardian. A massive black beam hit the two creatures, destroying every single trace of life. Nothing was left, not even ashes.

This attack was so powerful that it destroyed the catacombs and created an exit. I went to Onaki and helped her up while casting a healing spell so she could regenerate. ''You used this dangerous spell. What would have happened if that spell had gone out of control, Aramoto? You shouldn't have gone that far...'' Onaki replied worriedly and sighed. ''Probably nothing good, but lucky it didn't come to that hehe.'' I laughed uncertainly and went out the generated exit together with Onaki. What we could then behold was pure devastation. My attack destroyed everything in its path. One thing I was sure of, I can't always use this attack.

It was too dangerous. Leaving the exit, I put my mana sword back in my pocket and we went to the guild to let them know that the mission was a success. On the way back, a lot of people from the guild were already waiting for us to return. ''Wow, they're back. They made it!'' the crowds shouted at us, cheering with excitement. We walked past the crowds to the counter, which was already occupied by the agency woman to collect our reward. ''Since you have completed an S rank order, you are entitled to these materials and a sum of 2000 gold coins. Please, help yourselves.'' the woman kindly replied and handed us our rewards. The rewards were a completely new set of armor and various potions to strengthen and heal. ''Wow, this new armor not only looks good, it can even repel fire and is quite tough. Onaki we need to change our clothes when we get back to the hotel. Old Brahm must be bored by now,'' I replied, full of excitement and euphoria, forgetting, for a moment, my cold side.

0