Chapter 18: Strong Bonds
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wind was blowing exceptionally strongly. Soon there would be a confrontation with the high council. I could feel it. I was again caught up in deep thought and brooding. A hand grabbed my shoulder, and I flinched slightly. It was the hand of Onaki. ''I feel it too. Something has started to move. It must be the Merthyl crystals that merged with us. They are reacting to something,'' she replied to me, frightened yet brave. ''You are right. We still have to use the time we have. Let's train,'' I replied to her firmly. She nodded and got ready. We trained in the backyard of a small house. The place was suitable for spells mainly dependent on a flight, such as the wall of water or my newly learned spell, the rain of fire.

''Say Onaki, I never asked you about this, but how old are you anyway?"' I asked her very curiously during our spell practice. ''You don't ask a lady her age, so please! 23 years young I am!'', she answered me petulantly and looked into my face like a little girl. So she was younger than me. I wonder if she is promised to someone. I didn't dare ask her that, so I fell silent, slightly flushed, and continued training. I was sure of in the time we spent together that she grew very close to my heart. Maybe someday, when the opportunity is there, I should reveal how important she is to me. A few minutes after the training, the Demi woman who hosted us also came and asked us to enter the house to join her family for dinner. So we entered the house and took off our shoes. Barefoot we went to the kitchen, where the family was already waiting for us. Together with Rohan, who had been adopted, they were a family of five. We sat next to each other at the table and started praying.

''O Lord, we thank you for this exquisite food you have given us. Please hear our prayer to you and let us never suffer hunger, amen.'' After the prayer, we started eating. There was hunted game meat, and that was made into a soup. After the meal, we both went up the stairs. Our room was next to Rohan's room. We shared a room and a bed. However, we both always remained decent, even if we blushed very often and became rigid like a thick tree stump because of embarrassment. ''Do you think I'm pretty, Aramoto?" she asked me sheepishly, turning her face to the floor as she was embarrassed to talk about it. She was more uptight than I assumed. I don't think she has had any experience yet, just like me. The thing with my late wife didn't count since I didn't end up in this world until after her death and took on the personality of Aramoto.

''You are... you are even beautiful. That fell right into my eyes when we first met, you know?'' I replied to her, stuttering slightly and turning red in the face. It was difficult to talk about something like that as an inexperienced soul. However, this feeling demanded me to do it finally. I wanted a happy ending and to continue my life with her. ''Is that so? Da... Thank you... Would you mind if we... if we fall asleep cuddling today?'' she said to my face, determined and embarrassed. Jackpot! Even if it was just cuddling, there was no way I was going to turn that down. Besides, I didn't want to see her sad. Just thinking about it and imagining how it would turn out if I had refused sent chills down my spine. ''Do you... Feelings for me, Onaki?'' I then asked her in a slightly whispering voice. ''Yes... I have a tingling sensation in my stomach when I see you,'' she said, blushing and nodding.

I don't know what was wrong with me and where I got this courage, but when she said that, I took her head and pressed it to my chest, and lay cuddling with her. ''So that's how it is. I feel the same way. You have become very important to me, Onaki. I will protect you as much as I can,'' I replied, whispering in her ear. ''Yes...'' she said happily in response and closed her eyes. I stroked her head a little and could hear my own heart pounding. Such a beauty had feelings for me. I was pleased about it and didn't want anything or anyone to ruin that for me.

Snuggled in, I let the candle that lit our room go out with wind magic. I thought about kissing her for a brief moment, but I didn't want to rush anything, preferring to go at her own pace, not wanting to mess this up with her. ''Close your eyes, Aramoto,'' she whispered, giggling. I closed my eyes, and shortly after, I felt something soft and gentle against my lips. I opened my eyes in shock, only to see her face right against mine. She was kissing me from her, a dream come true. ''That was nice. Let's like to do this more often. From now on, you are my wife!'' I replied to her, still dreamy from the kissing earlier. ''It's a deal. From today on, I am your wife, and we will kiss and cuddle much more often!'' she exclaimed, full of euphoria, and snuggled against my chest again. ''Sleep sweetly, my Aramoto.'', she said, yawning and closing her eyes. She fell asleep. My heart was still beating like crazy, and it was challenging to keep it in control. I will never forget that day. I also fell asleep after a few minutes.

2