Chapter 287 – Interrogating Mizuki 02
1.1k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or the Gamer. Please support the official release.


Hiruzen watched Ibiki, Inoichi and Daichi leave the room with a heavy heart and the old leader was left to his thoughts.

'I'm sure Ibiki will get whatever information Mizuki has in his head but it might take time. This is also an opportunity to see what Daichi would do in situations like this.'

Hiruzen clenched his fists in anger as he thought about the whole incident. 'Orochimaru took precautions. That means he's planning something big. Whatever the reason he took Tsunade for… Ultimately it wouldn't be good for the village… If Kabuto was here I could have taken him in and interrogated him but now… I need to find them as quickly as possible. I'll have to use all the classified information Deer compiled over the years on Kabuto and use them… But that won't be enough…'

Genma noticed the frown on Hiruzen's face and quickly recognized his expression. 'I know that face. He's between annoyed and angry…'

The old kage turned to his personal guard and spoke. "Genma. Get me Danzo, Koharu and Homura. Tell them to come to my office immediately."

"Yes sir." Genma nodded and immediately left the room.

Hiruzen thought about Danzo and his mood worsened. 'Of all the times… No. I need whatever information he has. He's been in contact with that traitor and there is no chance Danzo would trust Orochimaru. So he must have some damaging information on him…'

Hiruzen bit his thumb and went through the seals for the summoning jutsu. He slammed his palm into the ground and a small monkey appeared in a puff of smoke.

"I need you to track Jiraiya and find him. Tell him to get back to the village as soon as possible. Tsunade and Shizune were abducted by Orochimaru. Relay this message." Hiruzen spoke as he looked down at his small summon.

"Yes, master Hiruzen." The small monkey wearing a red vest and a bandanna nodded and disappeared.

Hiruzen sighed and looked out the window. Even though the village looked calm he knew things were about to get chaotic. The old kage thought about something and made up his mind. He got up from his chair and headed for the interrogation room.

—-

6:40 am. Interrogation Department.

Mizuki was already secured in his cell and because of the damage his body has undergone due to Orochimaru's curse seal the man didn't even have the energy to resist.

Daichi looked at the tied up chunin and his eyes slightly narrowed. 'All this mess happening on the same night. He must know something. And I doubt Mizuki had any powerful mental defenses in canon. So that means he was prepared for the possibility of capture. Even though it was low… Or was it his idea… I need to know everything… This will also give me the answer to that question as well.'

Daichi didn't speak a word as he opened the door and entered the interrogation room. Ibiki and Inoichi stood outside and looked at the Genin and the traitor Chunin with stoic expressions. At that moment they sensed Hiruzen coming and soon the kage stood near them. None of them spoke as they looked through the mirror.

Inside the room Daichi stood near the door and looked at the prisoner. 'He doesn't have any energy. He can't answer my questions like this even if he wanted to.'

Daichi walked up to Mizuki and placed his hands on the man's chest. In a second Daichi's palms began to glow green and in moments Mizuki felt chakra rushing to his body. Daichi was giving energy to Mizuki but he was also careful analyzing his condition. 'Most of his nerves are destroyed. He's suffered serious damage. He's in a worse state than last night. So much so that he can't feel any sensations. His condition is almost similar to Junichiro. Right now Mizuki can't feel that pain and any stress on his body could induce cardiac arrest… So this is why Ibiki is stuck… I see now…'

The prisoner felt some energy filling his body and looked up to see the face of the person he currently hated the most.

Seeing that the man had enough energy to talk, Daichi stopped his jutsu and took a few steps back.

"You…" Mizuki's gaze held fury and hate and everyone could clearly see it.

"You did this… to me…" Mizuki spoke with venom in his tone as he looked at Daichi.

"There must be something wrong with your memories. I'm not the one who used Orochimaru's jutsu. You did that on your own." Daichi replied in a cold tone as well.

Mizuki grit his teeth as he looked at the Genin. "I'm not talking about… this… If you hadn't become friends with that damned demon... If you hadn't helped him… My plans wouldn't have failed… You did this to me…"

"You brought this upon yourself…" Daichi was angry inside that Mizuki was accusing him and he wanted to say what was really on his mind but he held his tongue. 'I need to get answers. I can't antagonize this guy too much.'

Mizuki looked at the Genin's emotionless face and could only curse his bad luck. He then took a moment to look around the room. 'They really sent this brat to help with the interrogation… No, that can't be it.'

"What do you… want?" Mizuki took a deep breath of air and asked the boy.

"You have powerful barriers in your mind. How did that happen? Who put them there?" Daichi asked.

The traitorous chunin sneered as he looked at the boy. "You… can't be serious. You really think I'd talk…"

"You were a loyal shinobi of this village once. There haven't been any serious damage done so far. They would show mercy if you cooperate and give up the information willingly." Daichi replied to the man.

Ibiki and Inoichi who were standing outside frowned. 'He shouldn't have said that. Now Mizuki will figure out that he has the advantage…'

Ibiki looked at the kage and saw the stoic face of their leader and he decided to see how things would progress as well.

Mizuki was confused. 'Mercy. I've seen them give harsher sentences for people who did far less than what I did… So then why would they…'

As he thought about it Mizuki soon had an idea. He slowly chuckled as he looked at the boy. Even through the rasped sounds Daichi heard the mocking tone.

"You're lying... Something… happened. Didn't it… You almost sound desperate."

Daichi ignored Mizuki's hateful gaze and spoke. "Information is a valuable currency. You were in contact with Orochimaru. The village wants Orochimaru's head more than yours. So they want to know the extent of your relationship with him."

Seeing Mizuki's silence, Daichi continued. "Orochimaru did this to you. He used you as an experiment. You were played by him. Don't you want revenge against him?"

Mizuki was silent as he looked at the boy. After a few seconds a small grin formed on his face. "You still… haven't answered… my question. Something happened that made you come here… Didn't it?"

Daichi held his gaze without showing any reaction to Mizuki's deduction. "Are you really trying to fish for information from me? Orochimaru hadn't attacked the village if that's what you are wondering."

Mizuki looked at the Genin and couldn't tell if it was true or not. 'If Orochimaru isn't attacking the village then what's going on. Why is this kid here trying to get information from me? I need to know what's happening.'

"You haven't answered my question Mizuki. Don't you want revenge against Orochimaru…?"

Mizuki looked down and looked at his hands and feet. "What good is revenge…. I'll die in a few months… He can't save me…" He then slowly turned his head upwards and looked at Daichi. "But I'm sure he'll come for all of you one day… I'll die knowing that you failed against him."

Daichi looked at the man with slight amusement. "You do realize that a Yamanaka can get through those barriers with enough time right? Your secrets won't be hidden for long."

"If that's the case… Why are you here?"

Daichi was silent for a couple seconds as he gazed at the man. "To find an answer to a question I've had for several months."

'Months? What is he talking about? Did he know about me even back then… No, that's not possible… is it?' Mizuki was puzzled when he heard the Genin's reply. "What are you… What question?"

"You don't want to know, Mizuki… The truth is I'm hoping I don't find out the answer today." Daichi replied with a soft tone and his reply puzzled the prisoner and the people outside the room.

'He came here to find an answer but he's hoping he doesn't get it. What is he on about?' This was the general thought.

Daichi decided to press forward and looked at the man. "In your current condition, it's true. You'll die in a few months. But what if I can help you…"

Mizuki looked at the boy in confusion. "What are you (cough)(cough)... talking about?" He completed his sentence after taking several painful breaths.

"My medical skills are on the same level as my teacher. Lady Tsunade. I can restore the damaged cells in your body and with some time restore you back to full health."

Everyone was surprised to hear that. Especially the three older ninjas standing outside. Hiruzen, Ibiki and Inoichi had a comprehensive report on Mizuki's condition after the man was examined by a medic ninja. They all thought that the damage was too extensive and couldn't be reversed but hearing Daichi say that it could be was a shock.

Inoichi looked at the boy in surprise. 'To heal that kind of damage… Is he telling the truth or is he just trying to get Mizuki to give up information?'

Meanwhile outside the room, Ibiki had a frown as he looked at the boy. 'His tactics are some I would expect from a normal Genin and a novice interrogator. Not someone who's praised as a genius. He's giving Mizuki too much information and leverage.'

"Lord Hokage… Should we…" Ibiki spoke but Hiruzen shook his head.

"Daichi isn't an idiot. He knows what he's doing. Let's wait and watch." Hiruzen's reply stopped Ibiki and the man turned his attention back to the interrogation taking place.

"Even if you healed me… It won't matter. The Hokage… won't let this go. He'll just have me in chains… and when he gets what he wants… I'll be executed." Mizuki coughed and struggled to breathe again. He gasped for air several times before he calmed down.

"Maybe I can put in a good word for you. Get him to show leniency… Who knows. He might be willing to give you a second chance."

'This brat is willing to do all that? Why? He didn't look like he wanted to show me any mercy last night. And he's right. Even with my barriers, someone will get through them with enough time. So why is this kid…' Mizuki looked at the boy and soon a malicious grin appeared on his face. "I was right… at the beginning. You really are… desperate… Why are you really here, Daichi?"

The Genin kept the same expression and relaxed body language even as he was called out. A few moments later he replied. "Orochimaru didn't attack the village. That's true. But he did attack my teacher. He's abducted Lady Tsunade and I want to know whatever information you have so I can save her."

"So that's it…" Mizuki nodded and soon he began to chuckle. "So here you are… Begging for my help."

"Yes. Here I am… Begging for your help." Daichi replied with his stoic expression. "Lady Tsunade's life is more important than your punishment. So I'm here to make a deal."

Mizuki was silent as he thought about the situation. Soon the evil smile on his face was replaced with a serious face. "If I tell you what I know, what is the offer?"

"Tell us everything you know and I'll fully heal your injuries. You'll be restored to full health. But since you've committed several serious crimes, I doubt the Hokage would be willing to just let you go. I can convince him to seal your chakra and let you live out the rest of your days in a corner of the village. You won't be a ninja but you won't rot away in a prison either. You will get to live a healthy ordinary life. Considering everything that's happened, that's the best deal you're going to get." Daichi spoke as he looked at the man.

Mizuki looked at Genin and was quiet for several moments. "You really think the Hokage will go along with this? You think you can convince him?"

"Yes. I'm sure I'll find a way." Daichi replied and nodded with confidence.

"How do I know you're not lying? What guarantee do I have that you'll heal me when you get what you want?"

"I'm not you Mizuki. I'm a man of my word. If you tell me what I want to know now, I'll keep my end of the deal."

Hiruzen, who was watching everything, slightly narrowed his eyes. 'Daichi is right. Saving Tsunade and Shizune is more important. If Mizuki gives up information and it leads to Tsunade's rescue in time, I'll consider moving forward with Daichi's proposal. No matter how much that displeases me.'

Inoichi looked at the Genin and his gaze mildly softened. 'He hates this. But to save his sensei he's going to go through with it… I suppose we all have to make compromises in situations like this.'

Inside the small cell, Mizuki looked at the Genin and saw Daichi's resolute gaze. 'An ordinary life huh…'

Mizuki thought hard about the choice and soon he had an answer. 'Fuck that.'

The traitorous chunin chuckled as he looked at the boy. "Now that I know what's at stake, I definitely won't tell you anything. I want you to suffer."

Mizuki's response was somewhat unexpected to the three ninjas. They had compiled a profile of the man and thought they had figured him out. Mizuki would put his own life ahead of anyone else. This was evident to anyone who studied his files.

The three ninjas outside were sure that Mizuki would accept the deal and that's why when the man refused Daichi's generous offer they were surprised.

Hiruzen looked at Daichi and was tense. 'Did his gamble fail? Did I make a mistake sending him in?'


Author's Note:

This was a long ass interrogation scene so I decided to split it again.

If you enjoy my story then please take a moment to review and rate. A thumbs up always helps. 

And if you are interested in reading ahead, then checkout my patreon site. I’ve uploaded up to 30 additional chapters there. Link below. Check it out.

https://www.patreon.com/MonkWithAPen

45