Chapter 2 – Auction Day part 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week before the Auction

"Gilman, How's the auction preparation going?"

"It's going quite smoothly. None of those crazy Mecha making ruckus and the budget for this year auction are doubled! It's f-ing great!"

"That's odd... The Mecha are not making a mess. Though, it's a great news. Keep on alert until the end of the event. We don't want last year mess to happen again."

"Don't worry sir! We have doubled the security this time. If those bastard Mecha want to mess around, I'm here ready to strangle those bastard!"

"Mn. Anyway, the budget is doubled?"

"Yes sir. The finance dept. Said that the Northern elites are joining this year auction. That's why there's more money to spend. They even requested for the commodity to be given a better water before the auction. Strange right, sir." 

"The Northern are coming, huh... A better water you say? Hemm... It seems I need to go to the headquarters. I'll leave everything to you Gilman and stay alert. The Northern seems suspicious."

"Sir! Yes sir!"

Auction Day

11:00 , an hour before noon. All residents from A to F are ready, they are fed and cleaned. Standing in each of their class box along the right side of each floor hallways. Just like a clothes on shop displays. 

Eva POV

"Okay, Anyone who has finished their cleaning turn, proceed to take the black garment and allocate to your area. 

- Stay still in your area until the lights on top of your box changes white. 

- Do not make a sound or show your emotions. 

- Obey all the elites command 

- Once your light turned green or red, push the button on your left. 

- Then each of you can step away from your area and follow caretaker"

I'm already dressed in the black garment, according to the leader caretaker direction, I need to go to my area. 

I then went to my area, a door with the same number as my living space E29VA2075-004. 

Inside my area, there's a glass windows, a light above my head and a button to my left side. As instructed, I am waiting for the light to turn on white. 

After a while the lights turn white and I can hear many steps and clattering from the onthel place outside the window. It must be the elites! 

I am a bit nervous and scared... Poker face... No sound... Don't smile... I'm a commodity. 

The steps are nearing. I can hear some mumbling. It's them, the elites. They are right in front of me, they look ... Different than us. They have bigger and taller body, their clothes are shiny, looks soft...

"Turn around"

They asked me to turned around! 

I then turned my body around. 

"Speak"

!! One of them told me to speak! But, I was told not to... But I need to obey the elites if I want to be chosen... What should I do!?

I opened and closed my mouth, speechless because of the confusion. 

"A mute, huh" 

"A waste, let's go to the next commodity. We don't need to examine this one."

!!! No no! Wait! I can speak!! The lights above my head turned red. And in instant I know that I am not choosen. 

0