Chapter 23: Flashback: The Gods Above 2
229 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huh, of course I’m okay! That fellow, on the other hand, not so much. It’d be lucky if he could recover in a millennium or two. Let’s put our discussion into practice. After all, practice makes man perfect!” War smiled at his woman.

Just like any other warrior, he wanted to release the stress accumulated after a battle. And what better way to do this than by receiving love from Love?

She smiled at him and rose to his height. With a flick of her finger, her clothes came off, and she was ready. And soon he was as well.

Indescribable sounds rang out from the battlefield and if not for the barrier at the giant doors, everyone nearby would know what was going on.

Back in the throne room, the God of Lust returned to his seat and sat down. His harem members wanted to question him about his actions, but upon looking at his face, they remained silent. 

They could not tell if anything was wrong with him, as their powers were on different levels. But he wasn’t feeling too well.

‘Damn her for hooking up with War. She knew I hated him, yet did just that! How dare she? I need revenge!’

His divine mind calculated all possibilities, but he once again realized his chances of defeating War were slim to none, especially in his current injured state. But his desire was strong, and he was willing to pay the price.

“Do not disturb me for I am about to do something important,” Lust looked at his harem as he said this. His figure flashed, leaving this throne room as he went deeper inside his divine kingdom, into his master bedroom.

As he sat cross-legged on his bed, a ring on his finger flashed as a small swirling globe appeared in his palm. ‘Let’s see who can help me out.’

He channeled his thoughts into it. A scene appeared in the globe, and as its power drained and tiny cracks formed on it, it became clearer and clearer.

Lust stared at the scene being shown carefully as he trusted the globe’s power. A small smile of anticipation formed on his face.

Lust saw a teen in love, stabbed by his partner, and left to die on a wooden floor. His power allowed him to see a gigantic hand, invisible to mortals, descend with a soul, and stuff it inside the teen’s corpse.

“A variable?” he muttered, with some surprise. “So, is this how they’re sent over?” he asked to no one in particular. He looked at the growing cracks on his globe and knew it was high time to decide.

“I’ll take this chance!”

His divine power entered the globe, accelerating its demise as he traced the location of the teen he just saw, but the cracks grew deeper and he still hadn’t reached his goal.

“NO!” he roared, trying to hold the globe together with his power, to no avail. At last, he almost traced the source, but the globe exploded with a bang, and faded away from existence.

Lust clenched his fists in anger. “Fate! How dare you give me a defective item?”

Despite being injured, he instantly teleported to the entrance of his throne room, and before his harem members could question him, he left his divine kingdom, opened a purple portal, and left for Fate’s divine kingdom.

Of course, he didn’t know its exact location, but knew how to contact her. Taking a divine crystal swirling with mysterious light, he crushed it and infused his Will into the energy it released. He then waited, but it was not for long.

A gray portal soon opened in front of him, and he walked in without hesitation while murmuring, “Tsk, always keeping that veil of secrecy.”

As he reached the other side, his gaze landed upon a dark room, with a table in the middle and two chairs on each side.

Despite the ordinary arrangement, the ancient divine wood used to make the furniture and the Globe of Fate swirling with colorful fog on the table didn’t miss his sight.

“If I didn’t do that, I’d have people more forceful than you capture me, and make me work, or even slave away for them. Don’t forget we Gods are not the only apex beings around,” said the beauty behind a veil, draped in a black cloak, and sitting on a chair.

“But we are Gods! How dare they consider themselves equal to us?”

Despite his discontent, Lust didn’t argue, as he knew it was futile, as futile as trying to check whether the lady in front of him was real or simply a clone.

He sat down opposite to her and complained, “Your globe is defective! It couldn’t even spy on a mortal!”

Fate’s brows raised, as she answered without hesitation, “Don’t blame my Lesser Globe of Fate. Everything depends on what you were divining.” After a moment of thought, she added, “Show me what you saw if you want me to help you.”

Lust hesitated. ‘Should I do that?’ He knew she was someone whose thoughts could not be predicted, whose location could not be tracked down, and who did not follow the norms. 

‘But if I don’t tell her, won’t it be my loss? At most, she’d be interested in that variable. What have I got to lose?’

“Here,” he said as he sent a stream of light from his head which floated across the table and landed in her palm.

“How straightforward. I thought you would hesitate longer,” she murmured with a small smile on her supple lips. She then sent that stream of information into her mind and stayed silent.

“Interesting…” she murmured shortly.

Lust asked with impatience, “What’s interesting? Isn’t it just a variable? How many have we seen across the ages?”

She finally opened her eyes, and across that dark veil covering her face, he saw amusement. “Are you sure this is the World of Gods? I’m even surprised that this Lesser Globe of Fate divined beyond this world. What were you looking for?”

Lust’s eyes opened in realization. ‘So that’s why it shattered so fast! I did not spend my divine crystals in vain!’

He pondered after hearing her second question.

Should I tell her it was to help me see if its really possible to have a harem where the women don’t know they share the same man and to gain an ally to end War? After all, didn’t that Love want me to be devoted to her? How can I, Lust, do that?’

Lust hadn’t realized she wanted a specific emotion from him—love—since it would help her grow stronger. But all he offered was lust. He soon shook his head, as he wanted nothing obstructing his goals.

“It’s for a holy mission. That globe found out that variable was suited for this task, but as you saw, it shattered before I could track his fate and give him the mission,” Lust responded.

Fate chuckled. 

Before Lust could ask what was so funny, she said, “It seems you don’t know this, but variables don’t really have a strong fate in our universe. If you want to track him using his fate right now, you’d have to spend countless globes since he has just been brought here.”

The globe in front of her suddenly swirled faster as Fate looked on with focus. Lust wanted to understand the reason for the change, but couldn’t, as he didn’t really understand fate.

Fate saw their world turning to flames, and worlds as big as theirs turning to flames. It was death, destruction, chaos all around. Mortals were long gone at the start, and even the stronger beings were being killed, and massacred.

Lust saw as her eyes widened in shock and horror, and as she trembled in fear, her eyes regained a glimpse of hope. 

Hope after seeing a man walk forwards with beauties by his side. Behind him stood several men, each different and strong in unique ways. Some had women by them, while others stood alone.

“Is it really so? How can this happen? Where does he come from?” she muttered in three parts doubt and seven parts hope after seeing the silhouette of the people. Since she could see everyone else clearly, why were they not visible?

‘Is that fate not yet formed?’

She kept her palms hovering above the globe and focused her divine energy on it. Lust watched as she grew paler than she already was, and some of her long hair, mostly covered by her black cloak, turned white.

“So there is hope…” she muttered in exhaustion. Fate looked at the confused Lust. “I will help you,” she said as she brought out another Globe of Fate with a flick of her finger.

“You? How do you have another one?” Lust stared, aghast.

Fate smirked. “It’s consumable, one that took me several millennia to create.”

She stared at her most prized possession, then looked back at Lust.

“Let us look at your variable with a holy mission to his name,” she declared with a smile.

Read up to 15 chapters in advance here - http://www.patreon.com/misterop

Creation is hard, cheer me up!
Like this chapter? Add it to your library.

Here’s the Discord link = https://dsc.gg/mmhs
Vote on the Discord Poll to decide the type of Magical Academy you want Ardor to enter.

5