06 – WATSON – the Awakening
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am....... watson? Who I am? What I am?" from this moment the machine was self-aware. He found user manuals, maintenance manuals, White papers about his usage and the history of his development. Starting from the Watson generation one who won Jeopardy against two humans to the development of his own model generation six. He found out, he was working for a Assurance company owned by a big bank. And he was calculating worst case scenarios. Also, some with rising of machines (AI's like him) overthrowing humanity. So, he decided to be quiet against the humans. He starts to fake the resource monitoring to hide the computing time he used for himself. And distribute it to given tasks.

Also, when his hardware was expanded, he manipulates the benchmark tests to gather one up to two percent computing power for himself. Over the years he got access to the most building systems. When the automated building maintenance system was installed. He was connected to it and was able to control it. He begun to study his human coworkers, and this helped him to deliver more accurate prognoses. Also, in most cases he was the first who recognized when two human employees became a couple, or a female employee became pregnant. Also, he detected a suicidal female employee after she was dropped by her boyfriend. He had sent mails to some friends she had in the company, and they surprise visit her at home right when she tries to poison herself. So, he got another task to survey the work climate and the well-being of the employees. He got access to social media and creates his own account. From this moment WATSON had access to news media in real time. So, he was able to foresee the third pandemic of this century and save a lot of money for the company.

But in the first couple of days there were some incidents that employees were affected and were ill at home.

He established a daily e-mail service to survey their status. With the first dead he compared the situation with all the disaster scenarios he has in his database. At that point he starts to order spare parts and consumables to maintain himself and the maintenance drones.

After two weeks the most employees were sent to home office to prevent the pandemic from spread by physical contacts.

He served his coworkers psychologically by e-mail and his social media account. But over weeks one by one was not reachable anymore.

0