09 – Mission – start
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julia wakes up. "Today is again a new working day, but different."

Julia speeds up her morning routine, she was nervous. Today her mission with Magda-B will start. Half an hour faster than usual she is ready to leave her apartment. Yesterday she had made an extra careful maintenance. A supersonic bath, lubrication of all joints, a nano diamond surface coating. she is better prepared than ever but still nervous and thinking that she had forgotten something. When she leaves the apartment building, she attached an additional external energy cell to her belly. But also, Julia-B tells her she has nothing forgotten.

She met Victor who is going to start his shift. "You be early Julia. Nervous?". She nods with her sensors. "The same for me at my first emergency mission. I had already outdoor missions but with weeks or month for preparation. But this was an emergency. Take all tools and spare parts you need to repair a transport drone and hurry up. start is in 15 minutes. I had needed an hour to complete all. But after a few missions you will find calm yourself".

During their talk Magda-B and Magda-C arrived. Magda-C controls a transport cart that can drive into the transport drone. On top of the cart are all the parts of the Sensor array, Magda has assembled and disassembled yesterday. On top was a strange thing. A Spider X Body like Magda-B and hers but with open back cover and a strange construction. A sliding mechanism with two CPU's that allows each CPU to be automatically inserted in the body.

Magda-C explained to Julia. "Each CPU is preprogrammed with Magda's and your brain pattern. Version from today right before you wake up. We will couple you with a wireless permalink. When you are in range it will update the CPU in Realtime. In case of the link breaks up, the CPU will be installed, and you awake in this body. This technology is only available for our kind, that can have more than one Instance. In an emergency, the wakeup can be triggered by command. But nobody wants, for one of his instances, to proceed suicide. So, from the moment you awake it, you be one more, permanently. Keep this in mind". Victor guided Julia into the drone and help her to sit down in the interface and connect herself to the service port. Then he connects her universal connector to a data cable Fixed at the floor. "Because one must be able to drive the cart out of the drone, Magda will be seated at the rear. You will be connected over cable, because your wireless permalink is occupied by the backup link for the spare body".

When the cart is inside and secured, Julia feels Magda's presence via the Link and get the ready sign to close the drones loading hatch.

Seconds later the stage is clear, and the conveyor belt move the drone to the launch position. When she gets the go for take-off from mission control she lifts up to her Mission.

 

"A new working day has begun. But a very different one."

0