10 – Sensor array
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During flight, Julia shared all Input with Magda, and Magda controls the Drone in student mode while Julia control it in Tutor mode. So, Julia's commands overthrown Magda's. Till they reach the destination, the divergence between Magda's commands and Julia's were reduced to less than 2%.

"It's a pity that the empty drone has a complete different flight dynamic. If not, I had let you fly the way back alone" Julia tells Magda. "No problem I can do it at the next mission."

Julia asks "Next mission. what next mission?"."Oh, nobody told you? The finding of this bird is so important for WATSON that we have to setup one up to four more sensor array to find the whereabouts or origin of this kind of birds."

When Julia has landed only Magda left the drone and check if she gets a COM-link to the existent COM-network. At the top of the fourth mountain, she gets a stable signal with enough reserve for bad weather.

After the cart is unloaded, Julia was able to leave the drone. They both start to install the Sensors, the COM-uplink, the batteries, the Wind turbine, and the solar panels. All bolted to the mountain top.

Then Julia flies the drone to a Mountain nearby and Magda calibrates the sensors: radar, lidar, cameras for infrared, ultraviolet and visible light. A black box to store sensor data in case the COM-link failed. After that Julia comes back and pick Magda up.

They observed the gorges around the four sides of the Mountain. and Julia see a convoy that transport biohydrogen from the deposit she found, back to the city. Magda tells her "With this COM-Link the convoy has also a backup line for communication.

Currently they use small battery powered relays at the ground. Three days after your rescue, they started to drop relays and had the first mission to measure the quality and amount of the carbon hydrogen deposit you found.

Currently, the city can only synthesize 30% of the needed carbon hydrogens by self." When Magda looks up, she saw a shadow moving over the Mountain top. Signaling it to Julia both look up and see a silhouette in the sky. Both run into the drone and hurry to lift of.

Magda sends her sensor footage direct to WATSON and Julia keep track of the Radar signature while let the drone climbing.

When the sensor array, they had installed lost track of the bird, Julia uses the drone sensors as good as she can to track the bird. But lost contact. With the loading hatch open and Magda half outside, they fly circles for 15 minutes but doesn't see it again.

Then Julia must set course to the city because of the Battery status and the strong winds that came up in the evening like the most days.

"Shit, with a scout I where be able to track it" Julia grumbles. "I had sent the request to the datacenter. Because of our footage a new mission is scheduled the day after tomorrow. Viktor will be piloting the Transporter and you be commanded to escort us with a drone. Both vehicles will be equipped with additional hydrogen fuel cells. WATSON has approved a lot of resources for this mission." Magda told Julia.

"Oh, Magda-A is also assigned to the Mission. COM-command has priority order to get four sensor arrays ready for operation. A routine maintenance is rescheduled for three days because of this order. We have VIP status now." When Julia has piloted the drone back in the gorges, she let Magda do the piloting and unaware of Magda she had switched off the Tutor override.

When the landing was a little rough Magda calls "Julia?" "Yes, what is?" "Was that me?" Yes. the last 15 minutes and the landing was you alone. The landing was a little outside of the green zone but for the first time....". "OK you two don't crash our valuable transport drone" They hear WATSON over their COM-link. "Magda come to the data center for a flight simulator session, to train landing. In flight you are under 1% from the optimum. But landing is more than 5% worse as Julia."

0