11 – sick visit
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the next morning Julia wake up with a reminder popped up. During night she had get a appointment at the research complex. The research complex where at the other side of the mountain. To be exact it was at another mountain.

Up to the fourth level of caves, both mountain has the same base, but above that the main mountain has his mirror like surface, but the other mountain was grey. And it doesn’t have the rectangle form like the most Mountains, but it was a circle. A cylindrical Mountain with a hole in the center where steam and smoke come out.

Julia uses a transport capsule. That travels in a vacuum tube with high speed to go to the research complex. When she leaves the capsule, she looks around. In this part of the city, she was never before.  While she read 'pneumatic tube  04-AT-3' on an old sign, another capsule arrives.

Leaving the capsule was, Magda-A and another spider with a reinforced Body and additional to the eight legs, two more extremities at the front. Long round and flexible. She wagged with them in the air while talking to Magda. "Hello Julia, this is Jenifer from the biolab of the research complex" Magda greeted Julia and introduced the other spider. 

"Oh, hello Jenifer, I'm Julia. Interesting additional legs you have."

"That are no legs, that are Arms. Like your manipulators but more flexible usable" told Jenifer and extrude three pins from each Arm end, grabbed Julia’s front legs and lift her a little bit up.

"I can grab things like with the manipulator gripper but more sensitive and the arms can follow a surface without sharp edges. It's very useful when working with sensitive biological samples".

Jenifer walks between Magda and Julia and lay one arm around each of their body right behind their sensor heads. That's how they walk up a wide ramp to the next level of the mountain.

In the research complex the meet Arnold, who is the leader of the Biolab of the research complex. He explained the problems they had to feed their patient and the urgency to get some fresh meat.

Magda and Julia get a quick introduction about "bird of prey, eagle" and their prey. Then they visit the still sedated bird. "The broken bones are healing good, but we need his natural food to get him back to health.

We have only small experience with food because our kind don't need it. So, I have requested three additional scouts to your next mission and Jenifer as a Biolab specialist.

She will come with you and need a place to stay at night, because we live in the Biolab and she need to much time to reach the starting pads in the morning.".

Julia answer "I have enough space in my apartment, but I don't have a second charging bed.".

"That is no problem If you send your approval to city-government, they will send one to your apartment and install it."

"Cool, that is the first time in the three years of my whole life that I have a visitor" answers Julia. "And it's a sleepover."

The three left the research complex and go down to the underground level to go to the data center. Julia saw the first time the production facilities of the city. Several 3D-printer made parts of the legs like she has. "So, they were made from a titanium aluminum alloy." She told, after she read the label of the container with the metal powder.

On an assembly line the legs were assembled and tested. Later she saw complete Bodies on top of carts they were transported to the conveyor belt they self use. At the end of the belt the carts drive in a large cave. There were a lot of racks and shelves with charging beds and additional connectors on top the beds.

Maintenance Spiders inspecting every Body and made tests. To some they talk but some they remove from the bed and place them on empty cards that drive back to the factory.

'Is this the place where I was born?' Julia is thinking. "Yes, it is" she hear in her mind. "Rack 01, shelf D, Position 15, This is where you were awakened, 3 years and 138 Dayi’s ago."

Julia halts just before continuing. "It need a lot of effort from city-government and me to awake each of you. And not every time we are successful. Fails has to be send back to the factory and the CPU has to be reformatted. Cloning like done with Magda, you and some others is much easier, but I want you individual, only some of you, I want to become greater than they already are. It's a question of potential. If someone is able to accept that he is not unique but still one with his other parts."

0