CH.418 Mega Curing
364 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I learned a few more things about being a Dhampir over the next few days. 

For one, while I’m a Dhampir, any food made with blood tastes a lot better than it normally does. In return, everything else tastes more … bland, like it isn’t seasoned properly, no matter how it is prepared. And that is when I’m a cured Dhampir. If I’m cursed … well, it just sucks so much I don’t even want to talk about it.

Really makes me appreciate how much Dhampirs have to suffer just because they are born that way. Sure those downsides come with the nearly overpowered Blood Sucker title and the extremely useful Blood Magic, but not sure if it is worth it.

Well, I suppose if you are cured, it is kind of worth it. You would never know what you are missing out on, because everything is just kind of bland to you, except blood. But if you are cursed, it's not worth it. Not at all.

It really made me realize that we need to refocus on curing all of the Dhampirs on this continent, so I sent Ria off to get the info on as many Dhampir villages as we could. My goal was to at least cure every Dhampir that lives in those safe villages across the three Kingdoms. 

I’ll look into the Empire and the northern countries later.

 

And yes, I know this will come with the problem of them not learning True Blood Magic, but that can be solved by other means. Bringing them to HomeBase and teaching all of them here.

That way, Lua can hold larger lectures while my Vampire monsters can use the avatar dolls to give more personal tutoring. 

So with that idea in motion, while Ria was out getting the information I needed, I began sending letters to the higher ups I had given letter exchange boxes to in hopes of getting the permission to ‘kidnap’ a few villages worth of Dhampirs.

 


 

It wasn’t that much later when I got a Royal Order signed by the Second Prince allowing me to temporarily relocate the Dhampirs. Sadly the order is only applicable within the Ruiso Kingdom, so I can’t ‘kidnap’ anyone from the other Kingdoms.

Not that it really matters, because if we bring in each Dhampir from this Kingdom, it will be well over 150 people from the numbers we currently have, and that is already quite a few more people to feed. 

Sure we don’t exactly have a shortage of food, thanks to how quickly the CropField crops mature, taking only about 2 weeks per harvest, and we also have access to near unlimited monster meat from the monsters inside HomeBase. And blood is no issue thanks to the cheat code called Mystik Wok.

Spoiler

[collapse]

And it isn’t like I can’t use more Woks to get more fruits, vegetables and meat. Sadly the veggies I can get it with are basically just tomatoes, some sort of onions and beans.

Spoiler
[collapse]

In conclusion, I need more variety in my Plant monsters. Most of them are just humanoid creatures that are categorized as plants for no reason, like the Aromages. I mean, they are Plant magicians, so it does check out, but I don’t want to eat them. And a lot of the other Plant monsters just are too … strange. 

But hopefully I’ll get some new Plant monsters soon, so I can get some more variety.

 


 

For the goal of getting that variety, I need to unlock new sets. And how do you unlock new sets, well by doing System missions of course. And thank god we were already planning to do one.

 

So as soon as we had the locations of the Dhampir villages within Ruiso Kingdom, I grabbed my two Dhampirs, swapped my own race to Dhampir and we took off in a B.E.S. monster, heading for the closest one.

And it felt great entering a village as a Dhampir. No hungry looks from the Dhampirs or anything like that.

After a short explanation of why we were there, given by the Dhampir Princess Lucia of course, I called out a few Vampire monsters and we quickly cured the village.

Sadly we didn’t stay for too long to celebrate, but I did drain a dragon's worth of blood for the villagers so that they could celebrate on their own.

Because we were on a Kingdom tour with a clear goal. Cure every village within the Kingdom, today.

 

In total, we visited seventeen villages. Most were small, under 20 people, but there were a few larger ones. But even the largest was only 39 people. In total, we cured just over 350 dhampirs living inside the Kingdom’s walls, so with my new upgraded form of the Cure the Dhampirs mission, I got a total of 7 rewards.

 

Mission: Cure the Dhampirs
Goal: Cure dhampirs of their blood curses
Reward: Grants a special reward every 50 cured dhampirs
Note: Rewards may include: Unlocking new Sets, Unlocking new Reprint Sets, Unlocking new Decks and Unlocking new Promo Trades.
Note: Dhampirs cured by Vampire monsters made with Pack Opener or by Holder Lucia also count towards the reward.
Current Status: 4/50
[Claim Reward x7]

 

Those rewards were, Dark Revelation Volume 4 reprint set. 

Champion Packs 5 and 6 as Promo Trades.

Duelist Packs Jaden Yuki 3 and Jesse Anderson as purchasable decks.

Retro Pack 1 as a reprint set.

Gold Series 2008, aka. Gold Series 1 as a reprint set.

Premium Pack 2 as a Promo Trade.

And last, but certainly not least, Phantom Darkness as a new set.

I won’t go over the sets, as I’ll be opening packs for the later, but for the promo trades and decks, there is some decent stuff available. Duelist Pack: Jesse Anderson sadly doesn’t have either Sapphire Pegasus or Rainbow Dragon, but it does have Phantom Skyblaster and Grinder Golem.

Spoiler
[collapse]

Jaden Yuki 3 has some Evil Heroes, but it also has Grand Mole, which I haven’t gotten from Strike of Neos yet.

Spoiler

[collapse]

And Premium Pack 2 has a lot of the ‘lesser’ Elemental Heroes. Or I guess you could call them the Manga Heroes, as they are the E-Heroes Jaden uses in the manga, so that is nice.

 


 

Because I got new sets, yes few of them are reprint sets, but I still want to open a few packs because they are new, I … well, did just that. Opened a few packs. 

Five each of the reprints and ten of Phantom Darkness. I’ll do more in a day or two, but for now, that will suffice.

 

So starting off, five packs of Retro Pack 1.

Spoiler

RP01 1

Mother Grizzly, Black Pendant, Trap Hole, Umiiruka, Gaia Power, Harpie Lady, Maha Vailo, Rising Air Current, Suijin

[collapse]

Gotta love opening old packs. Or reprint packs in this case. The feeling of seeing the older cards just makes you feel nostalgic. 

I mean, don’t you remember when I opened a few packs with Alice, and then got a pack with both Umiiruka and Gaia Power before I offered to give her a magic attribute.

Of course as far as cards go, I do already have many, many copies of each of these cards, but they are from a different set, so for collection reasons, they are great.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

RP01 2

Jirai Gumo, Trap Hole, Molten Destruction, Hyozanryu, Mystical Space Typhoon, Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon, Senju of the Thousand Hands, Armed Ninja, Messenger of Peace

[collapse]
Spoiler

RP01 3

Baby Dragon, Magic Jammer, Nimble Momonga, Flame Swordsman, Thunder Dragon, Hane-Hane, Manga Ryu-Ran, Polymerization, Lord of D.

[collapse]
Spoiler

RP01 4 

Mystic Tomato, Giant Soldier of Stone, Trap Hole, Mother Grizzly, Magic Jammer, Upstart Goblin, Hane-Hane, Painful Choice, Blue-Eyes White Dragon

[collapse]

Oh? A Blue-Eyes! An Ultra Rare Blue-Eyes! 

Sure I have plenty of them already, but I always love getting more. You can never have too many Blue-Eyes White Dragons.

Spoiler

RP01 5

Elegant Egotist, Baby Dragon, UFO Turtle, Giant Trunade, Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts, Mother Grizzly, Hyozanryu, Thousand Dragon, Messenger of Peace

[collapse]

And there are the five. Obviously nothing new, but it doesn’t matter, because I got a Blue-Eyes. 

Now, let’s see what the Gold Series 2008 holds.

Spoiler

GLD1 1

Mist Body, Needle Ceiling, Old Vindictive Magician, Swarm of Locusts, Newdoria, Summoner of Illusions, Regenerating Mummy, Rare Metal Dragon, Sillva, Warlord of Dark World, Swarm of Scarabs, Fire Princess, Royal Command, Spell Shield Type-8, Stealth Bird, Solar Flare Dragon, Pandemonium, Rivalry of Warlords, Nightmare Penguin, Non-Spellcasting Area, Doom Dozer, Offerings to the Doomed, Des Lacooda, Chimeratech Overdragon, Swords of Revealing Light, Grandmaster of the Six Samurai

[collapse]

… Wow. I didn’t realize Gold Series has 25 cards per pack. These things are definitely a great way to get sacrificial cards for sleeves.

Also, Grandmaster of the Six Samurai is something I don’t have, so … it even has new cards. That card is also in the Strike of Neos set, I just haven’t gotten it from there yet.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

GLD1 2

Needle Ceiling, Summoner of Illusions, Non-Spellcasting Area, Skill Drain, Swarm of Locusts, Swarm of Scarabs, Rivalry of Warlords, Nightmare Penguin, Des Lacooda, Old Vindictive Magician, 8-Claws Scorpion, Needle Worm, Doom Dozer, Rare Metal Dragon, Newdoria, Sillva, Warlord of Dark World, Spell Shield Type-8, Fire Princess, 7 Colored Fish, Offerings to the Doomed, Stealth Bird, Sonic Bird, Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Reinforcement of the Army

[collapse]

… still a ton of cards. Didn’t notice anything new this time, so let’s just move to the next pack.

Spoiler

GLD1 3

Mist Body, Rare Metal Dragon, Des Lacooda, Summoner of Illusions, Solar Flare Dragon, Stealth Bird, Regenerating Mummy, Royal Command, Swarm of Locusts, Swarm of Scarabs, 7 Colored Fish, Rivalry of Warlords, Offerings to the Doomed, Pandemonium, Old Vindictive Magician, Spell Shield Type-8, Fire Princess, Doom Dozer, Non-Spellcasting Area, Newdoria, Sillva, Warlord of Dark World, Sonic Bird, Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World, D.D. Warrior Lady, Breaker the Magical Warrior

[collapse]
Spoiler

GLD1 4

Sonic Bird, Skill Drain, 8-Claws Scorpion, Pandemonium, Non-Spellcasting Area, Old Vindictive Magician, Stealth Bird, Summoner of Illusions, Needle Ceiling, Royal Command, Rare Metal Dragon, Fire Princess, Newdoria, Nightmare Penguin, Offerings to the Doomed, Des Lacooda, Solar Flare Dragon, Spell Shield Type-8, Rivalry of Warlords, Swarm of Locusts, Regenerating Mummy, Doom Dozer, Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, Cyber Dragon, Breaker the Magical Warrior

[collapse]
Spoiler

GLD1 5

Stealth Bird, Sillva, Warlord of Dark World, Royal Command, Regenerating Mummy, Sonic Bird, Needle Worm, Solar Flare Dragon, Rivalry of Warlords, Rare Metal Dragon, Needle Ceiling, Swarm of Scarabs, Fire Princess, Spell Shield Type-8, Skill Drain, 7 Colored Fish, Swarm of Locusts, Pandemonium, Old Vindictive Magician, Newdoria, Offerings to the Doomed, Des Lacooda, Nightmare Penguin, Prometheus, King of the Shadows, Crush Card Virus, Swords of Revealing Light

[collapse]

Okay. Well, that is something. I didn’t have either Prometheus, King of the Shadows or Crush Card Virus. Nice going, Gold Series. 

But still, our time together just came to an end. I’ll probably leave you to Laura from now on as you are mostly repeats, and I have sets that aren’t to open.

 

Like Phantom Darkness.

Spoiler

PTDN 1

Alchemy Cycle, Cannon Soldier MK-2, Fire Trooper, Fine, Gemini Trap Hole, Magnetic Mosquito, Chain Summoning, Dark Crusader, Future Samurai

[collapse]

Well, well, well. New cards. 

Alchemy Cycle sucks. Sure it can make Pack Tokens, but the effect is way too difficult to actually pull off.

Cannon Soldier MK-2 is fine. I can normal summon it without tributes, and the effect is … not horrible.

Fire Trooper is okay, but I have Spell Cards that do the same.

Fine is terrible, nothing more to it.

Gemini Trap Hole is Raigeki with extra steps.

Magnetic Mosquito is actually decent, as it should be able to counter metal golems.

Chain Summoning is of no use to me, because unlimited normal summons.

Dark Crusader is an okay Warrior, but nothing crazy.

And Future Samurai is a Gemini, so it sucks. And its effect isn’t even all that good. It’s just decent.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 2

Acidic Downpour, Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield, Black Veloci, Mirage Tube, Neo-Spacian Twinkle Moss, Obsidian Dragon, Samsara Lotus, Destiny HERO - Departed, Call of the Earthbound

[collapse]

Acidic Downpour is a spell I’ll never use, not because it isn’t good, but because I don’t feel like destroying the environment. Well, maybe inside a dungeon, but outside of one, never using that spell.

Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield is alright. Nothing crazy, but battle destruction immunity isn’t bad and the fact that it returns to the hand, when a Glad Beast shuffles itself into the deck is pretty good.

Black Veloci is nothing special. It is an alright Dinosaur, but nothing that amazing.

Mirage Tube sucks.

Twinkle Moss is fine, but not as good as Marine Dolphin.

Obsidian Dragon is actually quite good. Being able to negate spells that only target a single Dark monster. That includes most targeted spells. Sure it can’t do anything against AoE spells, but that isn’t the Dragon’s fault.

Samsara Lotus isn’t something I need. Sure it has its uses, but I most likely won’t use it.

Departed sucks. Nothing more to it.

And Call of the Earthbound isn’t even Earthbound support. It is just worse Raregold Armor.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 3

Alchemy Cycle, Vengeful Shinobi, Cannon Soldier MK-2, All-Out Attacks, Acidic Downpour, Fire Trooper, Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, Rainbow Life

[collapse]

Vengeful Shinobi can make me some pack tokens, especially if combined with an Equip like Mist Body, so I guess that is a use for him.

All-Out Attacks has its uses, and I might use it at some point. It also combos well with something like Mirror Force.

Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth is a pretty big fish. Sadly the effect it has isn’t really that great for me, but it is still a big fish. So if I ever need a big fish, I have one. … and I can always cook it up.

And Rainbow Life … God that card is good. Sure you have to discard for it to activate, but turning all damage you’d take into healing, even if it is only for a short while, is amazing. I’ll definitely have to check if I can somehow turn it into equipment by installing Rainbow Life into something.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 4

Alchemy Cycle, Acidic Downpour, The Calculator, Dimension Explosion, Gladiator Beast Darius, Dark World Grimoire, Fine, The Immortal Bushi, Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior

[collapse]

Calculator got. And honestly speaking, The Calculator is great. With ten monster card zones on my duel disk, I could have the strongest Calculator ever. And yes, I can probably reverse engineer it to make actual calculators.

Dimension Explosion is just worse Dimension Fusion, so it won’t see play.

Gladiator Beast Darius is great. A good effect for a Glad Beast and do you see what his weapon is? It looks like a metal whip. I need to study under him so that I’ll get better with my Dark Chain skill.

Dark World Grimoire is … super situational. But it is a book and you can read books, so forbidden knowledge?

The Immortal Bushi is acceptable. He is a bit weak, but he does rise again and again, as long as I only use Warriors.

And Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior is a worse Doom Dozer.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 5

Rainbow Veil, Fine, Gladiator Proving Ground, Alchemy Cycle, Gladiator Beast Andal, Regenerating Rose, Neo-Spacian Twinkle Moss, Mirage Tube, Offering to the Snake Deity

[collapse]

Rainbow Veil is not bad at all, especially against higher ranking monsters. Being able to negate their effects is just good.

Gladiator Proving Ground is just adding Glad Beasts to hand, so it is great. Nothing bad about it.

Andal on the other hand … well, it had a good attack stat for a LV.4 vanilla, so it isn’t too bad.

Regenerating Rose is okay. Not great, but just okay. … is what I would say if it didn’t have 0 attack! Why does a LV.7 have 0 attack? The tokens it summons are more dangerous!

And Offering to the Snake Deity is just Icarus Attack but with Reptiles. 

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 6

Blue Thunder T-45, Chain Material, Fine, Earth Effigy, Gladiator Beast Andal, Cannon Soldier MK-2, Regenerating Rose, Cybernetic Hidden Technology, Hate Buster

[collapse]

Blue Thunder T-45 is another spaceship, so I’ll take it. Sure it might not be as good as Gradius or Victory Viper, but it should still be fine.

Chain Material isn’t really useful for me, as I can just freely add cards from the Collection to hand.

Earth Effigy is just a worse Trojan Horse.

Cybernetic Hidden Technology is okay, I suppose. A bit too costly to use, but it might help me when I study Cyber Dragons.

And Hate Buster is okay. I’ll need to check if it works on high ranked monsters.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 7

Chain Material, Transmigration Break, Gemini Lancer, Spell Chronicle, Gladiator Beast Darius, Destiny HERO - Departed, Fire Trooper, Imprisoned Queen Archfiend, Offering to the Snake Deity

[collapse]

Transmigration Break doesn’t do me any good, so I’ll never use it.

Gemini Lancer is an okay beater for a LV.4, but the Gemini effect of getting piercing damage isn’t worth normal summoning it twice.

Spell Chronicle is interesting, but not worth using. Again, I can just add stuff to hand freely.

And Imprisoned Queen Archfiend is a decent Archfiend, but it is way too demonic to actually be used.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 8

Wind Effigy, The Immortal Bushi, Black Veloci, Spell Chronicle, Unleash Your Power!, All-Out Attacks, Gladiator Proving Ground, Yubel - Terror Incarnate, Dark Spirit Art - Greed

[collapse]

Wind Effigy falls into the same category as its earthen brethren. It just isn’t useful for me.

Unleash Your Power! is bad. It is trying to be Gemini support, but it just doesn’t do enough.

Dark Spirit Art - Greed isn’t something I really care for. It isn’t bad, but too much work.

And Yubel - Terror Incarnate is great. I love Yubel, the original one at least, so I’ll take one of the upgraded forms. Sure I can’t summon him without the OG Yubel, but hopefully I can get him/her/it, whatever you want to call Yubel.

 

Next pack. 

Spoiler

PTDN 9

Spell Chronicle, Destiny HERO - Departed, The Immortal Bushi, Obsidian Dragon, Gemini Trap Hole, Black Veloci, Alchemy Cycle, Regenerating Rose, Cry Havoc!

[collapse]

Cry Havoc! is another one of those cards that just aren’t useful for me. I mean, even in the TCG, it is just a worse Ultimate Offering, but for me, it is completely useless.

 

Next pack.

Spoiler

PTDN 10

Fine, Neo-Spacian Twinkle Moss, Acidic Downpour, Dimension Explosion, Transmigration Break, Fire Trooper, Destiny HERO - Departed, Chain Material, Dark Spirit Art - Greed

[collapse]

And that is all repeats. Not the greatest end to a pack opening, but what are you going to do?

Besides, I did get that one Blue-Eyes, so at least I can ride that high.

17