CH.421 Centaurs and Cyberdarks
319 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

… I don’t really know what to start with, so let’s start with the most important news. 

I got True Blood Magic. And I was one of the first. … not actually the first, as I was still figuring out regular Blood Magic, but yeah, I was able to get it to True pretty quickly.

It was quite simple really. You just have to have a deeper understanding of blood. 

You could compare it to understanding air. Air is air, right? And blood is blood. But that isn’t exactly true.

Air is composed of multiple different gasses mixed together. Nitrogen, Oxygen, CO2 and some other stuff.

The same goes for blood, except that it is more like understanding the different cells that make up the blood. You know, stuff like red and white blood cells. Platelets, and also just the general blood plasma.

Basically, the difference comes from seeing blood as more than this single unanimous liquid.

That also made me realize why Lua was able to get her True Blood Magic upgrade so quickly. She was already training to be a doctor/healer, so she likely understood a bit more about how the body works.

 

That naturally got me thinking if the same would apply to other magics, mainly Wind Magic, so I taught Lua about the different elements that made up air. Sadly just that wasn’t enough and she still only had standard Wind Magic. Maybe some more things about wind like how it is caused by differential pressure and all of that, but it will have to wait.

 

In other news, both Molly and Cina have begun to evolve. Luckily I had designed custom evolution tanks for both of them, because if they do evolve into centaurs, the regular tanks can’t fit them after the evolution.

A few of the dhampirs, mainly those that were learning maid tasks like Syra, were worried when they heard the two were in the medbay. That is because cleaning was largely taken care of by the horse girls and my monsters. But they calmed down when they heard it was because the two were evolving.

And I didn’t even get any questions about the suspicious timing of their evolution, likely because the HomeBase visitors realize how hard everyone here trains. And while yes, you get basically no EXP from training compared to fighting/killing monsters, you do still get just a bit of it, so you can, theoretically, evolve from just doing daily tasks.

And that isn’t even counting for titles like Blacksmithing and Mining that Karl has. He gains massively boosted EXP from both of those actions because of those two titles. So you could have a title for Cleaning and get a bunch of EXP whenever you clean.

Well, a bunch is a strong word, but you’d get a lot more than you’d normally get.

 


 

The two horse girls came out of the evolution fine.

Spoiler
Name: Molly
Race: Centaur
Level: 41 [+12]
HP: 1240 [+424]
Mana: 700 [+196]
Strength: 990 [+404]
Defense: 410 [+108]
Magic: 390 [+108]
 
Skills: 
Gallop LV.4 (racial) [+1]
Reckless Rush LV.3 (racial) [+2]
 
Fire Magic LV.2
Mana Control LV.2
Internal Magic Technique LV.2 [+1]
Unarmed Combat Technique LV.2
Strength Boost LV.2 [+1]
Defense Boost LV.2
Cleaning LV.4 [+2]

1Last time shown in CH.382

[collapse]
Spoiler
Name: Cinnamon
Race: Centaur
Level: 41 [+14]
HP: 1160 [+458]
Mana: 800 [+262]
Strength: 870 [+358]
Defense: 470 [+196]
Magic: 440 [+116] 
 
Skills: 
Gallop LV.4 (racial) [+1]
Reckless Rush LV.3 (racial) [+2]
 
Wind Magic LV.2
Mana Control LV.4 [+1]
Staff Technique LV.2 [+1]
Strength Boost LV.1
Defense Boost  LV.3 [+1]
Magic Boost LV.1
Cleaning LV.4 [+2]
[collapse]

Their evolution results were nice, but nothing crazy. The craziest part was their new body shape, which did come with some … minor problems.

Mainly the fact that their clothes didn’t fit and their beds were too small. Both were simple fixes, but I also decided to look at a few cards for a different option.

It came in the form of combining DNA Surgery and Metamorphosis.

Spoiler
[collapse]

By combining the two and then installing the resulting card into the centaurs, they got a new racial skill that allowed them to transform back into regular Horse-folk, called Horse-folk Reversion.

Spoiler
Name: Molly
Race: Centaur
Level: 41
HP: 1290 [+50]
Mana: 750 [+50]
Strength: 1010 [+20]
Defense: 430 [+20]
Magic: 410 [+20]
 
Skills: 
Gallop LV.4 (racial) 
Reckless Rush LV.3 (racial) 
Horse-folk Reversion (racial) [new]
 
Fire Magic LV.2
Mana Control LV.2
Internal Magic Technique LV.2 
Unarmed Combat Technique LV.2
Strength Boost LV.2 
Defense Boost LV.2
Cleaning LV.4 

[collapse]
Spoiler
Name: Cinnamon
Race: Centaur
Level: 41
HP: 1210 [+50]
Mana: 850 [+50]
Strength: 890 [+20]
Defense: 490 [+20]
Magic: 460 [+20]
 
Skills: 
Gallop LV.4 (racial)
Reckless Rush LV.3 (racial)
Horse-folk Reversion (racial) [new]
 
Wind Magic LV.2
Mana Control LV.4 
Staff Technique LV.2 
Strength Boost LV.1
Defense Boost  LV.3 
Magic Boost LV.1
Cleaning LV.4 
[collapse]

Sadly the skill wasn’t perfect, because while it did allow Molly and Cina return to their two legged forms, it didn’t change their clothing. So if they were wearing something that would fit the … lower half of a centaur, it would be massive on the two legged horse-girls. 

And the same went in reverse. If they were something that is made for a horse-folk, it would either rip or raise up to their waist area.

So to combat that problem, I’d either have to make clothing that could transform with the girls or they could just change when they … well, change. The second option is just fine for most daily things, but for combat, I’d like to make them something that can transform with them, so I began looking into that.

 

… also, in case you were wondering, I don’t run into that issue when I use Draconic Body or with any of my other races. Most of my races don’t change my size at all, the biggest change being something like my cat tail when I turn Cat-folk. And when I use Draconic Body, the skill somehow stores my clothes while I transform into a dragon-like being.

No. I won’t call my dragon form a dragon form. I’m no dragon, yet, so I won’t call myself one. Because that would be insulting to actual dragons.

 


 

With the evolutions of the horse girls taken care of, I decided to take a quick day trip to visit my favorite supreme dragon.

What do you mean I only know one supreme dragon so she is my favorite by default? I mean, it is true, but at the same time, even if I knew more of them, Lady Janina would likely be my favorite.

As to why I’m visiting, well, I did get a certain fusion spell just a few days ago, and I want to test it out. Even more than that, I want to test out if Cyberdarks can equip real dragons.

I mean, if I remember correctly, in the anime, the Cyberdarks kind of took over the body of the dragon, so they might be able to do the same here.

Spoiler
[collapse]

So I’m visiting the Dragon’s Coast to play with the dragons a bit and see if they agree to some tests. They probably will as long as I agree to ‘play’ with them.

And when dragons say play, they want to fight. 

 


 

Basically as soon as I got there, I was swarmed by the younger dragons. They were always the ones most excited about me coming for a visit, likely because they get bored of fighting each other.

 

“Hello everyone!” I greeted them in draconic. “I’m here to play, so let’s play.” I told them, and an almost visible wave of excitement rolled over the dragons with my words.

I quickly summoned a few dragons, White-Horned Dragon, Frost and Flame Dragon, Magna-Slash Dragon and Chthonian Emperor Dragon, to play with the welcoming committee, before I headed for Lady Janina’s dwelling.

Spoiler
[collapse]

 


 

After a quick chat with the supreme dragon, I explained to her the real reason I came here. 

She straight up refused to let me use any corpses of real dragons as test subjects, which I didn’t push her on. I don’t want her to start threatening me or anything. But she did say I could test it out on living dragons and she even admitted that she was interested if Cyberdark Dragon could overpower her will.

So for that, we headed outside her cave.

 

We started off with some of the younger, or as the System calls them, lesser true dragons. No, they aren’t actually lesser in any way. Calling a young dragon a lesser dragon is like calling a young child a lesser human. They are just children/adolescents. 

My regular Cyberdarks, Horn, Edge and Keel, were able to equip living dragons to themselves, but the dragons could fight for dominance over the machines. Sometimes they would succeed, but other times they’d fail. It seemed to just be a chance game with them.

Spoiler
[collapse]

With the more adult dragons, or intermediate true dragons, my regular Cyberdarks basically never managed to overpower the will of the dragon. They could still equip them, and if the dragon gave in, they could work together in a way. But if the dragon didn’t like it, the Cyberdark stood no chance.

For greater true dragons, the regular Cyberdarks couldn’t even equip onto them. So I busted out the fusion spell and called out the Cyberdark Dragon.

Spoiler
[collapse]

Cyberdark Dragon was a lot better at this, being able to overpower the will of every lesser and intermediate true dragon. He even had a high success rate with the greater true dragons, but that wasn’t 100% reliable. More like 80%.

We then tested it with Lady Janina, but basically as soon as my Cyberdark Dragon tried to take her over, my machine burst into a million pieces. So no taking over the supreme dragon with Cyberdarks.

 

We stopped the tests there, but we weren’t done playing yet. So I used Advanced Summoning Magic to summon both Himeśaila and Gleipnir so we could play a bit more. 

Nir was just about a match to greater dragons, depending on matchup really, while Himeśaila really wasn’t. But when I ended up doing a Beast Union with Himeśaila, the two of us together could stand up to many greater dragons. We didn’t win every match, but it wasn’t like we were hopelessly outmatched either.

And doing that technique made Lady Janina ask if I could do it with my card monsters, which I’d admittedly still not tested. Hearing that, she demanded that I test it right now. 

I successfully did so and because of that, Lady Janina told me to summon out a Divine-Beast, union with it and fight her.

I went with Uria, because with Uria, I can easily control how much attack and defense it has.

 

Spoiler

2Reminder that I use the Anime version of Uria, so it does gain both attack and defense for each trap in the GY, not just attack and not just for continuous traps.

[collapse]

Despite my Uria being at 5000/5000 and the Beast Union on top of it, we lost quite quickly.

It honestly almost feels like the stronger her opponent is, the more powerful Lady Janina becomes. Kind of like a better version of The Wicked Avatar.

Spoiler

[collapse]

After the fight I asked her about it, but she just chuckled and said that a lady must keep some things secret. But that comment does make me feel like I’m on the right track.

 

Before I left the coast and headed back to HomeBase, I had a lesson on my draconic skills. After all, I’m here with Lady Janina’s real body instead of just her in a dragon avatar, so this is a lot more effective.

15