16: Unexpected Friends And Enemies
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dwarf looked down at Firion then back at the girl. “Yes, I do. He's right there on the floor.” 

 

“Thank you.” The girl chirped. 

 

“Ok.” Said the Dwarf. 

 

The girl walked over to Firion and kneeled down to his body. Her face had an expression of pure joy. 

 

“Hi Firion!” She said excitedly. 

 

Firion’s face went dull. 

 

“Do I know you?” 

 

“You should.” 

 

“Have I met you before?” 

 

“Oh, many times.” 

 

“Like when?” 

 

“Long ago” 

 

“I’m drawing a blank.” Firion said dryly. 

 

The girl sighed. “Come on, look at my face. Are you sure you don’t remember me?” 

 

Firion stared at her face for a good long minute, the surrounding people completely lost, before finally replying. 

 

“Ii- think I remember knowing someone like you, I think. But that had to be way back when… No.” 

 

“Uh huh!” Said the girl. 

 

“That’s impossible! That organization! I thought they disappeared from the face of the planet!” 

 

“Yeesssss!” The girl cackled. 

 

“You're the girl who worked at that restaurant! You always, ALWAYS got my order wrong! ALWAYS! And you did that on purpose, don't think I didn't notice!” Firion ranted. 

 

“What? No, I've never worked at a restaurant. You must be thinking of another person.” Said the girl. 

 

“Ohh, well… Who are you then, and how do you know me, But can you wait a minute before you explain things please? I'm kinda bleeding out.” Firion asked, gesturing to his wound. 

 

The girl sighed again. “Okay, fine. It’d be too easy to do it while you're like this now…” The girl got up and walked away from Firion. 

 

A guy in a uniform ran over to the girl and exclaimed. “But ma’am, we need to obtain the glitch for the boss!” 

 

Everyone in the room all stared at the girl with an expression of suspicion. The girl looked around awkwardly, then looked down. 

 

“Sooo I'm assuming everybody here heard that…?”

 

“Yep.” Everybody in the room said. 

 

The girl turned around towards Firion and said. “Okay! So I might as well just explain everything now because you already know I want to capture that girl! My name is Zera and you can probably figure out how I know you! Anyways! Bye! I completely failed my mission! Next time I'm gonna pick someone else to hunt you!” 

 

Zera walked out of the tavern and gestured to her group of uniformed people to come with her. 

After a moment of confusion they finally went with Zera to retreat and regroup. 

 

The Dwarf was completely at a loss for words, except for these. “What the hell just happened?!”

Everyone in The Tavern was staring blankly at the hole in the wall next to the front door where a bunch of strange people had departed. It wasn’t until they were completely out of sight that anyone had responded to the Dwarf’s question. 

 

“No...” Firion said blankly. Beginning to stand up despite the roaring pain in his side. 

 

Ashla was also beginning to stand back up while  everyone was too confused to hold her down. She walked over to Firion as he stumbled trying to stand up straight. As he tried to take a few steps he fell and coughed up some blood, Ashla rushed over and put her arm over his shoulder to help him stay upright. 

 

“He’s bleeding out! He needs to rest and recover before he dies!” Cried Ashla more to herself than to the surrounding crowd.   

 

The Mandarin Dwarf rubbed his beard. “The guy was telling the truth about the Alpha Clan… did he truly mean what he said…?” 

 

The surrounding crowd looked around, then looked back to the Dwarf. The Dwarf walked over slowly to the two, putting away his weapon. 

 

“About two blocks away from here is a hotel, the staff’s nice folk. If you walk in with Firion they’ll treat his wounds and give you a place to stay… it’d be best if you went now.” 

 

Ashla beamed at the Dwarf. “Thank you! Hmmm…” she thought for a moment before beginning to act like she was dizzy. “Actually… I-I feel really dizzy all of a sudden, if only someone could come with, just in case… oh, well I guess I’ll walk in the bright, hot sun all by myself…” 

 

“Seriously?” The Dwarf grumbled. 

 

“Yep.” 

 

The Dwarf gave out a long sigh before saying. “Fine. I guess I could bother making sure you’re settled and whatnot.” 

 

The three set out as the rest of The Tavern shared glances with each other. The owner of the tavern looked at everyone from behind the bar, then climbed over and walked towards them. 

 

“Ummm, would anyone here like to volunteer for a building repair job? Please?”

(Thanks for reading! Please heart this chapter as it motivates me!) 

1