Ch-8: A penny for your thoughts?
221 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Levi stated he disliked unknown variables, it pretty much confirmed Zhao WuTian's assumptions. The demon was planning something and it evolved his current family.

But what the demon had instore for the Daniels was the least of Bonny's concern. He had an idea of what it may be as demons and God's have had a life long hatred for one another since the beginning of time. It wasn't hard to get the just of the situation.

His family was close to the light God and his second older brother was a young priest of the Sun temple. Levi most likely wanted to get close to the light God by corrupting one of their most loyal followers. But that left one question unanswered.

If he's after the Light God, why get close to his older brother who carries the dark attributes of the dark God?

Demons and the dark God were said to be on neutral terms with one another. What goal would it be to destroy a God that had zero interest in them?

Or was it more to it then that?

Internal strife maybe?.....

No. Couldn't be.

Zhao WuTian inwardly shook his head. If it's not that, then what was it?

Was it one of those things where time would tell.

Bonny shrugged his shoulders half heartedly. It didn't matter to him in the end as he wasn't planning on stopping it. He a mere human, entering an eon battle of good and bad between very powerful beings because it had something to do with his current adopted family. Was out of the question.

Nope.

Hell no! He wanted no part in it.

And besides, that wasn't even his concern at the moment. His main concern was this damn seal on his forehead. And how he'd get rid of the wretched thing.

If it was even possible.

He had no way in knowing if he didn't try. He'd have to find a way to either some how mention it to his butler, or ask his second older brother. And if they gave no results he would have to take up his own research.

Though his father might have the answer to his problem. It would be too risky to ask as his father would start asking questions. And he didn't want that.

So the second option is self research.

After all he was a literature professor in his past life.

So he would have to figure it out himself which shouldn't be a problem and if that didn't work he had a last resort.

Such a world like this where assassins, demons and magic existed, there will surely be, an underground black market.

With enough money, one can about get anything or know anything they want. And the body Zhao WuTian now inherited possessed enough money to make an elephant sing.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

Zhao WuTian gaze met the demon. "It's nothing."

Levi smiled. "Your a 'very' bad liar little rabbit."

Zhao WuTian sneered in distaste, voice cold as winter snow. "Don't call me that."

"Sure. Cowardly rabbit."

"...."

"No? I quite liked that one."

Zhao WuTian frown deepened.

"Okay." Levi lightly waved his hand. "Your right. Your not at all cowardly like the original. But you indeed are a rabbit." He pointed. "Fragile small, and weak just like one. The only difference is that you bare fangs."

"Even a kitten will bare their claws when threatened and pushed into a corner."

"Yet in the end." He brushed a strand of hair behind Zhao WuTian's ear. "A kitten is still a kitten as a little rabbit is still a rabbit."

Zhao WuTian's moved his head far away from the others grasp. The unnecessary touching was making him uncomfortable. "If that's all, you can leave now. I see no point in you staying here."

"Your ordering me to leave?"

"Yes."

Aiding Zhao WuTian's answer a click from the library's front door sounded out through the room signaling his butlers approach. Levi took one last glance at his little toy before taking a step back to leave only to slightly pause, as if he forgot to mention something. He stopped for only a split second shrugging off his sudden intrusive thoughts. Before no longer paying the human any mind and turning around and disappearing through the shadow of a book case. A small layer of smoke left in his wake.

Levi was no fool, he would never believe that the little rabbit would be so excepting of his life being in his hands. Of course he would find a way to try and get rid of the seal.

Which would be possible if he was an ordinary demon, but he wasn't. Which meant that the seal he gave Zhao WuTian was also no ordinary life contract. There was many things Levi didn't mention and left out in explaining to Zhao WuTian on purpose. Like for starters his blood. Demon blood wasn't needed to make the contract in the first place. Once the seal was create the time on it could not be altered without undoing the whole contract. And to add, the drop of blood for every month act was not something that was needed for the original one. And so if Zhao WuTian tried to attempt to break the seal forcibly or use someone else's blood he would unknowingly speed up the timer and die within a minute.

Levi made sure the only way it could be broken was by only him and only him. Which made him think for a second when he attempted to leave. He didn't want his new toy dying on him just when he decided to keep it alive for a bit. It would be a waste. So warning the other not to do anything stupid would surely help. But then again, he quickly shrugged it off, when was he a being that helped others. It would be more exciting to see how the little rabbit would try to get rid of it.

Right after Levi left Aiden arrived with a robe in his hand, his piercing blue eyes were lowered. A glimpse of a small light flickered through his orbs. Just as he had walked in he had felt an abnormal coldness of death in the air and a tiny trace of a black fog. He took a quick glance at his young master who had a light visible hand print around the neck as if he was choked causing the skin to turn a pale pink. He notice all this within half a second yet, as always refrained from asking anything further.

~~~~~~~

And just like that, Zhao WuTian spent his days in his room or in the family's library. He ceased any outside movement and decided to study up on research. On both the kingdoms history and the long line of magic. He was so involved with his work that he didn't leave the library at times staying there night after night. And even forgetting to eat, choosing to skip meals, at times going 1 to 2 days without eating. Though this behavior of absence of eating was normal for Zhao WuTian as such actions were a daily for him on earth. He failed to remember that such acts were abnormal for Bonny. Causing the house of the Daniels to be in a worried and concern state for the past 8 days. 

When Eric first learn that his youngest son hand visited to library in the south wing he was greatly astonished, confused even. He even began to think that it was just a mere fluke. For the library had been barren for almost a decade. Why would his son Bonny who hated books and was traumatized by his late wife's death visit the one place that caused his hemophobia?

It was strange. Very strange.

And because it was strange it made since for him to worry.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know XD! Don't forget to like. And sorry for the short chapter.

9