|| Chapter 1: Saturday Morning ||
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside, the breeze of air and warm sun rays brought smiles to the people who were currently witnessing it on the streets. Contrast to the certain room, with an unlit and cold atmosphere, is where a man is still lying on his slay bed with a stone color bed sheet.

It was cold yet comfortable, a perfect Saturday morning to sleep more, but Ciel's biological clock forced him to wake up.

His pair of eyes looked drowsy and his white silver hair was a mess. Taking advantage of no one calling him to wake up he closed his eyes once again, but the sleepiness can't be found anymore.

Ciel didn't move yet, his face can't be seen, his back still facing the ceiling. When he turned his head he first directed his gaze to his left side where a bedside stands. 

Its original color can't be seen because of the dim atmosphere, as if a shadow has been casted in the whole room. 

He fetched his phone to find out the time. It's a little bit past 6 of the morning.

Feeling slightly livid to himself for waking up too early, he commanded his body to get up. 

He always feels mad for waking up early these days even though it's always the same time he opens his eyes every morning without fail. Maybe because he used to get up for exercises during his early days and have a strict schedule to follow that he has grown used to even now.

Ciel put aside the blanket on his waist revealing a smooth, but rather sturdy pair of legs. It was the legs of a man, but with snow white color and only a few hairs can be found. 

Despite feeling forceful, his body didn't struggle much to get up from his warm and soft bed. 

He took one glance again at his bed with a scattered pillow with some dried saliva left. As he felt disgusted with himself he looked at his surroundings as if it's his first time seeing his own room. 

Not small, but also not too big, is where he is. There is not much stuff found inside.

He got a double bed, enough for his size. 

It’s located on the upper left of his room facing a navy blue color wall looking down, a long study table is placed. There are books, gadgets, a clock and a small lampshade above it. 

The table is in modern design so it doesn't look old despite its real age. 

Ciel grew up with this table, his parents bought it for him when he entered second grade and had his own room. His table has a long rectangular shape but later Ciel decided to add another table, now it looks like an L-shape table when connected. 

Ciel also had a sliding door for the balcony of his room, but it's currently closed and a white long smooth curtain attempts to hide it. But because the sun is quite energetic today, some areas of the door can be seen through the curtains. Yet its rays didn't enter wholly resulting in a darker shade casted in the room.

On the right side, in line with the door, is where a wide wardrobe that hides a spacious area of wall stands tall.

 It has the same design and color as the study table. 

The half of its door is a mirror, and it reflected well, an obviously tall and fitted man, sitting on his bed.

Finally standing up straight, he walked towards the curtains and opened it wide, finally letting the warm sun invade the cold room. 

Thinking about what to eat for breakfast, he left his room.

When he heads down the stairs, the sound of his feet clapping with the staircase echoes at the silent house.

It was just past six at the moment, so he thought a warm chocolate drink and omelette would be good for now. 

He then went to his mini U-shaped kitchen. 

Ciel has been alone for almost four years already, ever since his sister left him. Fortunately he never grew up too dependent on other people, so he knows how to cook, clean, and take care of himself. 

After 20 minutes he finished preparing his breakfast, he then sat at the four person white marble table at the center of the kitchen. He first tasted the warmness of the hot chocolate he made. Though he's satisfied with the taste he can't help but remember and compare the taste of the original blend from his deceased mother.

When he was still a cute little boy, he and his sister bonded through fighting. 

They would fight, argue and make noise about the simplest things.

There was even a time when their parents' friend visited, he brought cupcakes in different flavors and designs. 

The two little kids argued about who would get the prettiest looking cupcake. In the end no one got the cupcake or atleast got a taste of it because it fell on the floor and their mother scolded them. 

It's not only that time their mothers scolded them. She definitely was the type of a gentle and kind mother but she would also do her best to teach the right things to her children so they won’t be too spoiled and insensitive.

So she would always be mad if they did naughty and bad things. But after that, she will make hot chocolate for the two of them. This is just one one the best memories he had with his family, that is now far from him. 

Very far, especially their parents.

After drinking he took a taste of his cooked food from the plate. As the beautifully made omelette nearly went half, a notification rang from Ciel's phone on the counter of the kitchen.

He opened the phone and saw his older sister's message for him. 

Aside from his body clock, the reason he always wakes up early is to reply quickly to his sister. Not fully aware, he got used to it.

Nelcey, 27 years old, working in a foreign land for 3 years. 

Ciel's sister is a little popular for being a talented designer of clothes and now currently working at her newly opened little shop at city P with the help of their cousin who is also living there.

Though the siblings have a five year gap, it's never a hindrance for the two siblings to get close.

Now that they're quite far from each other and having opposite time zones, it didn't change anything much either.

[ Are you awake now? Have you eaten, make sure to eat well, okay? Don't mind that b*tch for now! Focus on finding a job, if you can't really find one then tell sister immediately and don't dare to hide a secret from me again, understood? Sister worries a lot for you…..]

After reading this whole text, he remembered again what happened a month ago before breaking up with his ex. 

Compared to what he felt for the last month, he didn't feel hurt that much now. So there is really no need to worry aside from being unemployed. 

He was about to send a reply when another notification ding sounded from his phone. It's from her sister again.

[Not replying? Did that woman really hurt you that bad.. Ugh I swear if I ever saw her when I go back, I'm gonna strangle her to death!! My baby Ciel, sister loves you!! I miss you!! I'll go meet a client now, so take care of yourself (kiss.gif)]

Ciel knew that her sister was really busy there. Sending text once daily is surely troublesome enough, yet his sister never forgets.

For that, even if he's alone in their house, he never feels lonely being left behind. After reading the whole text he then replied so as to not make his sister misunderstood further.

[ I'm fine now old sis. I can handle things here on my own. And don't worry much there, don't blame me when you grow old fast. Kidding aside, I haven't found a job yet but as I said don't worry about me, I'll find one soon. I miss you too.]

Not receiving any replies, Ciel thought maybe his sister is now meeting and busy with the clients. 

Putting down the phone he resumed consuming his food and drinking the chocolate that's gotten cold by now. 

He left a sigh then proceeded to put the used plates to the counter.

After cleaning a bit, he sat down and browsed his laptop in the living room to find a job. 

Ciel graduated with flying colors and he was promised a position in the company, that's really hard to get into, even before he finished his second semester. He worked as an assistant first to his seniors, and made estimations for their projects.  Sooner he finally can do site visits and draft his own project. 

After months of proving his skills and talent, he secured a good position in his work. 

His co-workers congratulate him with his hard work while his few close friends from college applaud him for this achievement. 

O

f course, Ciel is really happy for himself too. Though it may not sound that big a deal at all for others, it is really important for people like Ciel.

He is an omega, a recessive one, though he doesn't have problems with his heat or pheromones.

Some people really look down on all omegas in general for no reason. They called them flower vases posing for good looks ‘only’ with no talent nor brain to back up it.  

With that, he, like every other victim of prejudiced minds, was also working hard despite the odds.

So aside from face slapping those people with his achievements, it honestly, always brought Ciel happiness. 

But a month ago, it was supposed to be a happy day too yet it ended with him resigning his job.

1