|| Chapter 2: Breaking up ||
31 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neciel Survy, a 22 years old man is currently looking for a job for almost one month.

He left his former company because of personal reasons. What is this mysterious personal reason? Well, it's because he doesn't want to meet his ex-girlfriend who is also working at his former company.

It may be a shallow reason to others, but for Ciel it's also another big deal. 

Though he is the victim, and the one who has the right to stay, he just can't take it. It's like living with a venomous snake that you don't get along well with. That's right, his adorable and kind girlfriend became a wild reptile in his eyes. 

It's not totally because of Ciel's over sensitivity, he just can't trust those people anymore. 

But now, he is nearly scolding himself for leaving. He doesn't have a job and hurt, and now he feels stupid for letting it take deep into his heart. While those people who cheated probably didn't get guilty and happily walked their lives together without him, he feels like receiving a retribution he doesn't deserve.

Now because of what he's feeling his memories of what happened before the break up scene rolls like a flashback, which is kind of making Ciel peevish to himself.

|| A MONTH AGO || 

His ex's name is Abigail, a beta who has been dating Ciel for 4 years since their college and went to the same company for work. 

She is an excellent designer but she excels more on project management and sales talk, that's why she was assigned to another department.

Ciel thought that as an omega, it's rare if someone saw him as a man. So he used his proud physique and pretended to be a beta and hopefully being a recessive omega won't affect him that much. 

At first it brought him anxiety but after confessing his true gender to his lover, he was then convinced he can have a future with Abigail and their long relationship proves that.

But then his own lover completely betrayed and shattered his thoughts.

 

On the day of their 4th year anniversary as lovers, bringing a bouquet of lilac flowers that his girlfriend likes, and a gift inside a big white elegant paper bag for her, he visited his soon to be ex's department only to find that she went home early.

This was so unusual, so he got worried for her. He forgot to text her and ask if she was okay or what happened,  but instead he went straight to her apartment. 

Arriving at his lover's apartment, he looks for the duplicate keys that she gave to him. He didn't ring the bell nor put the gifts down; he looked for her immediately but found her busy with some other ‘guy’. 

He didn't see the ‘guy’ well, but from that angle, it's clear that ‘he’ is holding Ciel's girlfriend with affection.

He felt so complicated but dared not to move or say anything. He just observed. 

Minutes have passed but they still didn't notice him, and instead let him see and hear them exchanging sweet words and kisses. 

Although he didn't have a clear mind that moment because of betrayal, he is not stupid to convince himself that what he saw is a joke. He took a picture of the two and then left. 

He also let go of the gifts he was holding before exiting the door, but unconsciously still brought the bouquet with him.

As he walked in the familiar neighborhood that time, the memories that circled his mind was how happy his lover was with some other person. 

They have this good vibe around them and chemistry that if someone doesn't know the truth and sees them, they will get envious of it. 

Ciel himself also felt it a little but doesn't know why but it's probably because of regret and jealousy. A feeling he was so familiar but unfamiliar at the same time.

Ciel was so busy thinking, he didn't notice that someone bumped into him. Caught off guard, he dropped the flowers and stepped on it. Both the two people were surprised but Ciel saw that the other was so small and 'she' was probably hurt so Ciel apologized first. 

The other smiled and also apologized, bowed. The 'girl's' smile is so charming, he was dazed at the moment, forgetting his heartbreak. He didn't notice when the other left, or where, when and why the lilac flowers disappeared. He just let it go and continued to walk.

Before arriving at his home, he saw a modern cafe with a golden sign with 'Roses' Cafe’, engraved on it.

Aside from saying good remarks about the outer design of the cafe and the name of it-that doesn't have connections to its design at all- he didn't put much thought about it. 

Arriving at his home, he slumped on the gray sofa and stared blankly at the ceiling. He promised that he'll talk to her the next day and put an end to this hurting, and then slept the whole day.

|| PRESENT TIME ||

Ciel grew up sensitive and over protective of himself. He was so hurt and felt miserable when their parents died. He was only 10 years old while Cey was 15, who would have thought they would lose their parents at such a young age. 

So as he grew up, though his sister was so loving and caring, and his cousin who helped him was kind, aside from them he won't let anyone enter his circle immediately. 

The people he considers close friends can be counted on one hand. Other people were labeled everytime. Though he doesn't talk about this and is still polite to other people, they aren't insensible to not notice how Ciel treats them. So when they learned that he's been dating Abigail during college, everyone was so surprised. They even started to admire Abigail, for dating a popular Ciel who is normally indifferent to others.

Some were envious, but most are happy for the two, because it felt like true love.

But just a month ago, no one knew, only Ciel, Abigail and probably her new partner, knew what was gonna happen at that moment, inside a cafe near Abigail’s neighborhood.

It's the time they are gonna break a four year long relationship.

He sent the picture he took to her and stated his reasons for splitting up. 

Ciel predicted Abigail's reaction first before he mentioned the break-up so he can be ready. But after she admitted her mistake and honestly stated her reasons, Ciel was still left stupefied as he saw her leaving the cafe door.

It looks like that new partner and her were childhood sweethearts and after meeting again at the company they fell for each other. 

They've been dating for a year behind the Omega's back. 

She said, at first despite all of what she was feeling for her childhood friend, having an affair still left a bad taste to her before, so she ignored her true feelings. But she can't help but compare the two, like who she most likely enjoys the day with and… maybe the night too and etc. In the end she chose the childhood friend.

As for his job as an architect, the company he used to work at has a good environment but thinking that there is only one floor away from his ex and her new partner he chose to leave thinking finding another job is a better choice.

After reminiscing about what happened, negative thought flooded his mind again. But remembering what he is supposed to do, he then forcefully kicks the bad thoughts away and faces the gadget sitting in front of him. 

Now, that feels better for him. He sat up straight and continued what he was supposed to do.

His serious and handsome face was reflected on his laptop. 

Though he still remembers some pain from betrayal, he has long moved on and rather chooses to focus on his career crisis. 

If someone saw Ciel now, they wouldn't think of a man who just experienced heartbreak because of the expressionless but rather motivated face he is now carrying. 

They wouldn't even think he would experience heart break at all, after all he is very popular and courtly, who wouldn't like him. 

After all, Ciel, though an omega, has a bigger physique compared to the slender and thin bodies that look feminine that other Omegas have. 

He is smart, and sporty. Most people who know him, or people of any genders will always like him, alpha, beta, omega, you name it. 

Though he is not as successful as other people, at his age he can be considered well off. Although only few people know his real gender, a recessive Omega, but thanks to his parents genes, most people admire him despite his second gender. 

It's no secret that omegas are despised by almost everyone. Categorized as the worst gender as their heat cycle can be abnormal and be very troublesome.

While alphas are always known as intelligent beings with big and strong physique and strong pheromones making anyone submit to themselves. 

The level of their pheromones just differ depending on their inherited genes from their parents, making them either recessive or dominant. People always look up to this gender as if just having this, can guarantee a good life compared to others. 

There are also the beta gender and known as neutral gender. They have no pheromones to make someone submit but they also can’t be affected by other genders' pheromones unless it's really strong enough. 

Though they have the most population and just average, people believe it's better to be a beta than an omega. 

Omegas are very rare, can either be dominant or recessive but between the two types, omegas all have the same traits except the amount of their pheromones and heat. People of this gender are very attractive no matter what age, but are looked down upon by many because they said it's very troublesome and they have no future. 

Despite the laws that protect the omega now and so much proof that omegas can belong to the elites too on their own, you really can't change idiots and prejudiced people that still think Omegas are incompetent.

In addition, there are also exceptions in the three types. It's very rare but not unusual. 

Other people's gender sometimes look obvious even though it's the first time you see them, but unlike these people, there are others who can break the stereotype. 

Ciel and Cey are this type. Though he is an omega and his sister is a beta, they are very tall and almost the same level as those alpha people in terms of talent, potential, intelligence and even physique.

For someone whose genders should lean on the feminine side, only some traits are present to them. And that’s the attribute inherited from their father whose genes are rather very very strong.

The Survy siblings' alpha father was a retired professional swimmer and used to be a coach of a swimming team in a national university. While his beta mother also used to be a popular artist. 

Both have great physique and talent worthy of a gold medal and awards, but something tragic happened to these loving parents. 

The car they are driving met an accident as they head to their alma mater for reunion. 

The siblings suffered emotionally after this but with the help of their cousin abroad, they didn't suffer financially. While Cey successfully graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design, Ciel recently graduated with Bachelor of Science in Architecture. Their achievements weren’t considered average at all as they even both inherited their mother’s talent.

It is something Ciel is very proud of, if he ever had a child he will always boast about it. But that would probably be impossible now. 

For Ciel himself doesn't know if he will ever meet someone that he can spend his life with nor have a child together. 

So it can only be his dream now. It's even a miracle itself for Ciel to have a girlfriend in this life, just by judging how he treats people.

He can't even cry despite his frustrations and pain he felt from being betrayed and lied to. He spent almost every drop of tears when his parents died, to the point that his tear gland stopped working now. All he can do is feel hurt when hurt, but never cry even if he feels pain.

He treated it as a curse he casted upon himself. If only he can meet someone who can change him or lift the curse, then he can die happily. But even if he dies it won't happen because he already promised himself, ever since he felt broken from the death of his parents not to try giving everything of his to someone else. Because he will only feel hurt in the end, the end of his relationship with the woman is proof of that and that’s not something he would welcome again.

1