|| Chapter 6: Telling a story ||
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is now past four in the afternoon, and dusk is starting to fall. The red and yellow rays the sun emits every late-afternoon, enters several houses including the Survy residence where two young people sit face to face.

The silence was removed at the dining room when the boy wearing a checkered skirt talked. For the past few minutes, the only one who talks is Fil and the one who is listening is Ciel whose face changes every other sentence the boy speaks.

"Ahmm... just as I said, I am Fil, and a Fairy... this is what humans.. no your ancestors called us. We used to be called just spirits but... our master gave us names– well technically our real name….But! I can't tell you because they are the only ones.. who can call us by those names." Fil said, with a fluctuating voice, after getting the permission to talk from Ciel. 

His head was down while speaking so he stopped for a moment and looked for Ciel's reaction. Fortunately, Ciel doesn't look mad anymore but he is seriously looking at him and it's still slightly intimidating for the sensitive lad.

“At first, my ancestor’s only task was to guide the ‘humans’ so they wouldn't cause the destruction of Earth. But, the humans misunderstood them and thought they were deities who grant wishes as long as they offer something.” Fil said.

“Yet, when my ancestors still continued and somehow they granted a certain human’s wish with their magic. The Alpha, Beta, Omega, their existence is because of fairies and that disturbed the natural flow of evolution of your race thousand years ago. It can’t be hidden so eventually God learned about it and punished my ancestors…we were ordered to be fully responsible for it. For many, many years, fairies and the next generation will have to fulfill the tasks... And those tasks are to make a balance ABO. And I am just one of the new generation of fairies.” Fil stopped again so Ciel looked for his face but he couldn't see it well because Fil was looking downwards. 

Ciel thought maybe the other got tired of talking a lot. So he let him rest and just said, “That sounds suspiciously similar to the book I just read.”

Ciel stopped and eventually added, “You said you also read that book? Are you referencing a fantasy and nonfiction book?”

When Fil heard this he looked up and tried to explain again, “No! No, how could I lie to you! I know what I said seems unbelievable and probably like what you said, fantastical- I promise! I’m not lying nor just giving stupid reasons!” He long stated, his right palm stood like pledging an oath. 

However the other youth just replied “ So you’re saying it’s safe for me to believe you? And since what you said is similar to the book, then are the stories from that book true too? Where is your evidence?” 

Fil looked up and frowned. The other looked serious and believed what he said and that’s good for him yet the other.. Isn’t he supposed to be suspicious? Don’t be kind! What if I'm a bad guy! ‘ And.. Did he say the book? He can read the book!?’ Fil didn’t voice out his thoughts but continued to speak afterwards when he found the right words, but this time he doesn’t look weak anymore as if he forgot his mistakes.

“I think the book is very accurate then? And the tasks, One of the tasks is about fated mates... You know about that right? It's what humans called fated partners, mostly of Alpha and Omega genders, a destined one. But actually.. It's not only because of destiny or fate. It has the connection of your ancestors. In the story book, one boy asked a wish from my ancestors. When the magic spread that time, only few people accepted it... it was very disappointing for the fairies because aside from being punished by God they were also denounced by the people they helped. Because they know only fairies have the ability to do that."

"People who believed in the Fairies, and continued to worship them despite the numerous people who condemn them together with the fairies was a minority.  It was very difficult, they were betrayed... but aside from that, we don't have much individual magic anymore. The people who believed didn't receive any blessings anymore, so those minority eventually decreased. But those who fulfilled their promise of loyalty still stayed, most from the west kingdom.. So the western people eventually accepted the new changes, sooner they knew it wasn't just pregnancy that had changed. People who can get pregnant eventually experience uncontrollable heats. It was very.. horrible.. no one knew how to fix it. So the humans themselves found a way to manage it. They are happy endings for some people, those partners, their soul reincarnated and began to be fated mates when born again. But most people especially those who used it for mean things.. they have sad endings.. " Fil's voice is full of sad emotion. For what kind of emotion it is, no one knows. Only Fil and the other Fairies are the ones who can only know. Ciel too, noticed it and decided to interfere before the boy soak deeper in his melancholy. He stood up and got a glass of warm water and offered it to the sad boy. This movement surprised the sitting boy but accepted the good will of Ciel. He knows that it's probably too deep for Ciel so he gives a thankful smile and talks again once they are settled in the seats.

"As for how I know you.. You are one of those people without the mark. By mark, I mean the marks left for people who had a fateful encounter with their destined mates. When a person is marked, it stays in the very deep of their soul that's why if they are abandoned, it may trigger a bad reaction for the left soul. But your soul... it hasn't been marked for hundreds of years of reincarnation... and it's my job to make sure you will have one now!" Fil said but this time he is facing Ciel with a determined look. 

"That's why, I did everything I could to get to know you, and your supposed-to-be mate. Of course, researching where and how you live is one of them, and.. I am sorry for that. That may.. no.. definitely offended you. But then, I made many mistakes.. this wrong way of....introducing is just one of them. I didn't really mean to enter without permission, it's because of miscalculated teleportation.. don't be mad, okay?" Fil told Ciel with puppy eyes. And because Fil is naturally charming and adorable it worked well. Ciel, after hearing the lad's explanation, finally calmed down. 

Again, Fil thought  that’s good for himself but Ciel is too trusting, that would be bad in the future!

Ciel wanted to know more so he was about to ask Fil when he heard his phone sitting on the kitchen counter rings. It's quarter to 5 now, so it's probably his sister calling. He fetched the phone and his prediction was correct. He looked at the Fil to excuse himself but the boy stood up and told him "Oh! It's almost evening now. I need to go back! I promise to tell you more.. Ah! But I probably can't come here anymore...how about the cafe? Can you go back there to talk with me?" Fil said not noticing he almost talked all what's on his mind. While the omega holding the ringing phone certainly wanted to know more and couldn't reject the request of the boy, he nodded. "I understand, I will go tomorrow morning"

Fil smiled and said goodbye, then without letting any second pass, he vanished. This obviously startled the omega, but another ring of the phone disturbed his dazed and wondering state. He answered the call with the thought that he will definitely ask Fil how he can do the vanishing trick. God knows, if he learned that, he can finally get awa-, solve some of his, well.... problems. Hehe. The ringing stopped when Ciel answered, but was soon replaced by a woman's voice who's currently displeased because of Ciel taking so long to answer the phone.

"Ciel!! What are you doing now? You made this lovely sister of yours wait. You have the guts now, huh!?" The voice of her sister with slight mechanical sound can be heard from the phone.

"I was talking with someone sis, I'm sorry. Can you forgive this handsome brother of yours?" Ciel laughed before answering and sweet talked to his sister.

"Tsk. If you aren't my brother, I will definitely throw my virtual slippers at you. Anyways, are you preparing dinner? You need to eat well, okay?" The displeased voice was now replaced again with the worried and calm voice of Cey, which made the omega smile. Ciel said a no to answer his sister's question, then walked to the refrigerator to get some ingredients for the meal he'll cook. They talked for half an hour about the house, job, health and mostly about how they are living in their respective homes. L

ater, the phone, which is in speaker mode, is now taken by Ciel and placed in the marble table near the dishes. Cey was about to close the phone call when Ciel halted her and told her a story. Ciel remembered what happened a while ago talking with Fil so he asked Cey.

"Sis! Actually I have read a novel and it's interesting, do you wanna hear?" Cey got intrigued so she told Ciel to go on. "In the story, the protagonist met a fairy. The setting is, well, modern but then he met a mythical creature. The said fairy has a very sad past so the protagonist started to show compassion. The fairy is willing to explain everything to him but the fairy also said that he needs the protagonist to do something." Ciel told the story meticulously leaving specific details out and sometimes his sister would laugh like when he mentioned that ‘fated mates’, after all the woman didn’t believe in those things. 

Still, he told her how the ‘book’ mentioned that it has connection to the real world like the ABO genders and the fated mates. And the abilities of the said fairy. The omega stopped for a moment then asked "It's interesting right? I haven't read it completely.. so I don't know what the protagonist will do. If you are the protagonist, what will sister do?"

Cey fell into deep thought and then replied "Well, If this happens to me, then I'll comply with the fairy's request...but! Only if the fairy is willing to grant me a wish too." Ciel was stunned before he said " But what if the fairy said he can't grant a wish anymore.. like he has no magic left at all?"

"Then he should find ways to grant it. If he can't then there is no deal?" Cey laughed after the remark. But Ciel took it into heart and indirectly thanked his sister.

"I am sorry Ciel, I need to end the call now. Eat well and take care! Sister misses you!!" The siblings actually want to talk more but their time won't let them. So he replied to sister and reluctantly ended the call. He put the phone away, and began eating the now cold dish.

Later, the good trusting omega didn’t feel sleepy at all and thought a lot about what happened a while ago and the fairy told him he was investigated or what but that means the other needs him for his task? Then if the fairy can still grant wishes, could he ask for…. that?

~~~~~

[ Once upon a time when the people of Human Kingdoms were in dire need of help there were four fairies who went to the rescue. 

They said that fairies can do anything beyond science. They said that fairies can grant wishes. 

They said, these fairies are the children of God. 

They also said, fairies are the deities watching their nation. So the people of four Human Kingdoms worshiped them and built temples to offer gifts and prayers.

One day an old woman knelt and prayed "Great Fairy of the south, my family suffers an illness; please grant them a blessing of health. I offer you the devotion of three generations of this family". The next day her husband and two daughters were cured and the next three generations of the family have never encountered an illness in their lives.

One day a merchant knelt and prayed "Great Fairy of the North, enlighten me during the crisis my business faces. I offer you my humbleness, riches I have and the ones I will get" Later he achieved success, his business blooms like a healthy tree.

One day a prince knelt and prayed "Great Fairy of the West, give me wisdom and benevolence, to lead my people. Hear my prayer for the sake of the kingdom. I offer you the loyalty and achievements of the royal family. Years passed by, the kid grew up and was known as the great and ideal ruler of the western monarchy.

One day a common boy knelt and prayed "Great Fairy of the East, here my plea. I offer you my dignity, and life. Everything I have; please grant me a life with the man I love. Please grant thou ability to give an offspring with him." Later the prayer was heard and it cost the entire human population.

The fairies hear wishes; the fairies will grant it no matter how impossible it is. But because of that, they received a punishment from God. The fairies hear wishes, that's their only use. When people pray for healing, they will cure them no matter what. When they pray for fortune, the people receive it fast. When the people pray for wisdom, the fairies share what they have. When the people ask for miracles the fairies will grant it even the most impossible ones.

God saw everything and chose to punish them. Forever, they shall do it, until the last ounce of life. They will be of disposal of the masters they will have. ]

-excerpt from "Mischief of the four fairies"

1