|| Chapter 11: On the way to exit ||
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ciel stood up when he heard from Fil that the two girls successfully sto- retrieved the stone. He convinced himself that they are just there to ‘retrieve’ the magical stone rather than stealing. Saying the latter will leave a bad taste in his mouth so it's better to use…. a more pleasant word. If Fil can read the tall omega's thoughts he’ll probably laugh at his face again. 

He stretched his body as he stood while he added a big shadow of his in the not so luminous room with only the light coming from the bright moon in the sky, passing to the gap of the curtains they just opened.

Maybe because the lad can feel someone is staring at the back of his head, he looked back to catch the perpetrator. He faced the direction where it came from and met the owner's eyes.  Ciel was slightly confused because what he saw was Fil's determined gaze like he was ready to face any battle and misfortunes in his life. But the omega didn’t think that was bad so he showed a small smile to the new person he befriended tonight. 

“What are you waiting for? Don’t we need to meet with the others?” Ciel asked with his slightly low but mellow voice, without any signs of unfamiliarity.

Fil returned to reality and copied Ciel as he stretched up too once he stood beside the taller man.  Though he didn’t spare any more thoughts to the thing that ran on his mind just now, it helped him to be motivated. 

Ciel looked at the lady-like fairy and asked if they could go now. He didn't have to wait and immediately got his answer when Fil nodded. They almost thought that though this flight was boring it’s good that everything went pretty easy for this group of amateur thieves. But they didn’t even reach the half meter of the room towards the big tall exit, when they heard a sound from the quiet room.

It was a short hum but it was clearly heard by the two walking men inside the room. The voice was much deeper than the two grown men that intruded the sleeping fairy’s room. They immediately look towards the sound, both feeling the adrenaline rushing and spreading in their whole body. They almost shook from the nervousness they felt but soon stopped when they found out the fairy in the bed was still there. 

The fairy is still sleeping. There is no problem, he’s probably just dreaming. Though It’s probably unreal to hear that the handsome fairy with a domineering aura in real life can also sleep talk, for the two guilty people in the big room it’s better to think that way than to know they will get busted when they’re almost on the goal.

The two men both sighed a relief with the thoughts above, circling on their heads. Fil and Ciel looked and nodded to each other, saying they needed to leave the room fast.

Ciel walked first, not too fast to make a sound but not slow too. When he finally reached the door, he stopped and maintained the short gap from the door to look at Fil who almost didn’t move from their initial origin.  

Ciel got worried and looked towards the bed once more, but the sleeping fairy was quiet again and didn’t move even an inch. He was in the middle of fighting within if he is going to walk towards to Fil and pull him or just opened the door to leave first, but Fil spoke.

“He is still sleeping, right? The fairy asked, while looking towards the fairy who hummed and broke the tranquility the two are experiencing just now. Fil’s voice was always sweet and unusually soft for men, but this time, the anxiousness is prevailing like he was really scared if Mike will wake up.

Ciel immediately understood that Fil is worried if the fairy ‘Mike’ will suddenly wake up and attack the two men or worse, discover what they are doing and look for the two good girls.

The omega then decided to approach the bed and walked bravely to see for himself if the sleeping fairy was awake or what.  Ciel doesn’t exactly know why Fil is so anxious about Mike, but he can guess that it's either this Mike is really strong against all of us or he is just really scary to the point of making the usually carefree boy nervous. Either way, one thing is for sure, they are all guilty and if the other unfamiliar fairy did catched them, he can’t blame the other if he decided to punish them.

Ciel isn't a very religious person, but he always follows what their parents taught them. He remembers that when they were still a child and their parents were still alive, they taught the two young Ciel and Cey that there are always things that humans can’t counter and they need to depend on God. If you think you will be hurt and can’t negate it, then pray. If you think you are at your lowest state and believe that you can’t live anymore, then pray. If you wish for your loved one’s safety despite the calamities, then pray. So because of that, you can’t blame the present Ciel for doing the sign of the cross on his forehead and silently praying in his mind as he approaches the unknown danger.

Fil saw everything, and he unknowingly calmed a little that he even had the thought to laugh but in the end didn’t dare to do it because it will be an insult for the kind boy and even if he wants to, it doesn’t match his or the whole situation. 

In the end, they exhaled a sigh of relief when they discovered that there was no danger of the sleeping fairy waking up. Once Fil found the lost courage he had, he grabbed it again and also approached the sleeping fairy and looked for himself to calm his nerves. 

Mike is not a strong fairy, his physical strength is better than humans but weaker compared to the respective fairy of Dragma and Mermia. Mike is more on the ability to grow things, both living or not, like his former master, Elfia. 

In the ancient history of humans which probably almost everyone forgot, when Mike’s ancestor, the previous fairy named Tyche, arrived at the North Kingdom,  he bestowed the people with fortune and luck because it is much easier to bless using his ability and current energy. Maybe that’s why he is much richer compared to the other fairies, he grows money.

The reason why Fil is nervous a while ago, is because in the memories he got from the previous Sofia fairies, all of it contained some images of all of Tyche’s descendants who are always cold and oozing dominance. This feeling is almost making Fil’s ancestors choke like the former is mad at them every time they reincarnate.  If Fil can compare Tyche to Hera, Hera who is also always trying to fight at him head on is better to spar and talk with than Tyche because he always felt he would lose if he ever tried to talk back to the latter.

So for the six hundred and twenty-one years of living, this is the first time Fil tried to approach the cold and dominant looking Tyche. The act of approaching and breaking his record of trying to get away and hiding from the man, meeting the other even in his sleeping-state takes a lot of courage from him. 

Fil thought that though he is confident in his fighting and talking skills, it’s always useless when facing a man who is much more intelligent than him and scary to boot. It looks like he was traumatized.  So without realizing that his thoughts are almost full of praises towards Mike, he walked beside the omega who was beckoning him and finally calmed his nerves when he confirmed the still sleeping state of Mike.

Ciel observed the assured Fil, at first he was worried and forced himself to be brave to solve the situation. So now that they guaranteed their safety he suggested to Fil that they should meet the two girls now. Fil nodded as he looked at the sleeping man. Compare to Ciel, because he is a descendant of the original Sofia and the respective spirit of one of the strongest God’s Child, Mermia even without energy or performing magic, his vision, hearing and other senses are higher than humans’ or Tyche and Thavma’s senses.

He could see everything well in the dark like a cat or any other nocturnal animal. So when he glances at Tyche’s handsome and unusually calm face, he can see it clearer than Ciel could. It’s true that he is handsome, if Fil were to borrow human’s way of complimenting beautiful people, Mike’s face is like a jade with a perfect manly jaw, straight pointed nose, short but alluring eyelashes with sharp brows. His mouth isn't wide but not small either. If Fil can compare his own mouth to Mike’s mouth, Fil’s can probably stretch and open his lips wider than Mike’s- when eating! Fil thought about this while touching his own lips which he slapped later on because he thought his mind is getting ridiculous and straying from the real straight path!

Just when he was about to continue walking with Ciel, he heard Mike’s sleep talking while his brows were all wrinkled, he looks like he is fighting the casted magic on him. Fil stopped once again but this time he didn’t let Mike dominate him and caused him to get nervous again. He looked back and though clearly saw that the other was really sleeping he didn’t think for another second and suddenly released a punch with the weight of his full arms- a type of punch that will knock out an energetic person, towards the handsome face of the sleeping fairy.

Ciel on the other hand, also heard a word and the unfamiliar deep voice from the direction of the bed so he also turned back. But what he saw was so fast he didn’t move immediately. The omega couldn’t stop his new friend because he started to walk away from the bed, earlier than Fil did, so he was already far from the two and too late when he tried to reach them. The heavy punch from the lady and slender boy already landed on the sleeping fairy’s jaw.

The sleeping fairy didn’t show any sign of someone in pain and it's probably because of the casted magic from Fil that is still on work. But Ciel already imagined what would happen if he was on the receiving end of that punch than the man in the bed, though he has a big body, that will still hurt a lot and cause him to puke some blood. So from that he promised that no matter what happens he should not do something to his new friend that will make him a punching bag. Ah.. Ciel better not forget to pray and light a candle for the sleeping fairy once he wakes up, because the pain he didn’t feel now will probably hurt in the next morning. 

When Ciel finished praying and lighting candles for the unfamiliar fairy, he approached the bed for the second time and took Fil’s right arm that he used to punch the other and convinced him to run at the moment.

After so many small nerve-cracking situations inside the big bedroom, they walked to the long, dark hall and tried to find the two girls using Fil’s great senses. The lady-like fairy’s carefree and blithe attitude came back again once he left Mike’s resting inner circle. He secretly apologized for hurting the face he just complimented a while ago.

They are currently on the third floor of the mansion, and they need to walk meters of distance to go back to their meeting place. They used the long staircase again to leave the third floor. The two men who almost didn’t do anything to steal the stone, can’t wait anymore to hear and know that they succeeded on their mission!

Though being in Paris, one of the prettiest and extravagant cities in the world is exciting and will make someone very expectant, their current situation inside a dark, big and quiet mansion is making the two men impatient and just wanted to leave the place.

Ciel looked towards the wide but unlit living room, his eyes almost brightened when he saw the two good and hardworking girls. Fil also felt the same way and praised the two girls which made the receiver of the praise very happy. As they go near the meeting place, Ciel remembered what happened upstairs, minutes ago and recalled the ‘last word’ of the sleeping fairy, before the fairy beside him landed a punch towards the other.

He repeated the word in his mind over and over again and thought a lot if there is a special meaning to the word or rather the ‘name’ he spoke. After all, if you compare it to humans when dreaming, if they sleep talk and call or speak a word it is either they are dreaming about something or someone very special to them, or trying to counter what they are dreaming. Ciel guessed that the word the Fairy Mike said is the same when a person is dreaming about their crush or missing someone. 

They were finally near Joharra and Si but Ciel was still giving the matter a lot of thought that the other three couldn't help but notice it too. Fil asks for the sake of the two girls who are also wondering what happened to Ciel.

“What’s the matter?”

The omega heard Fil’s question so he finally shared his thoughts but while the two girls were left with more question marks, Fil was stupefied. When he returned back to reality, he decided to let the two girls who worked hard a lot rest first and secure the bag, where the ancestral stone was placed now. The fairy looked serious but not seriously mad nor sad, just plain serious and calm. He beckoned the tall omega to come with him and walked a little bit away from the two girls. It’s clear that he doesn’t want the other to hear or know his conversation with Ciel, so the two girls obediently stayed and removed their attention away from their young master.

The two men’s location is still inside the big mansion, but away from any potential listener aside from Ciel and Fil himself. Ciel also noticed this obvious secretive way of talking so he asked Fil if what he heard upstairs shouldn't be known by others. But instead of answering his question Fil softly asks the omega “Can you repeat what you said? What did you hear from Mike?”

The answer to this question is easy to give but Ciel didn’t reply immediately and thought to himself they are both upstairs and he is closer to the speaker of the “mysterious” word, so why still ask? But when Ciel remembered how Fil punched the other fairy so fast just after saying one unfinished word, he guessed that that’s probably the reason why Fil didn’t hear. He is not paying attention to what the fairy Mike said, and instead, more sensitive to the fairy’s sleeping state, so when the fairy talked Fil’s instinct probably commanded him to ‘knock out’ the other.

“Upstairs, I heard the other fairy; he said…..’Sofia'? Is she… or is he another fairy?” Ciel replied to Fil’s question using his still low but not too deep, hushed but not too soft voice.

Fil bowed his head and inwardly shouted at his imaginary Mike’s face. ‘Is he so mad at me, he even calls my name to curse ah!’ He rolled his eyes but didn’t let Ciel see it to not make the omega misunderstand.

Fil doesn’t want to lie to Ciel so he is contemplating if he should tell that he is Sofia and that is his real name. But if he told Ciel his real name, wouldn’t that contradict what he first said to Ciel when he introduced himself? 

Though it is a special name given from their original and only master, Fil thinks he is a boy so he changed his name and even convinced Thavma and the others to make their temporary ‘human’ name. These changing names only happened in their generation, so the other fairies were a bit uncomfortable, but not Fil. Rather he is so happy and even used the reason of giving more respect to the name given to them. But when he introduced himself as ‘Fil’ though he was not lying, he still felt guilty and let the truth about his real name slip. 

But now, because of some other fairy probably trying to curse his name in their dreams, he is now problematic! In this life, aside from the other fairies, only Old Sheng knows his true name, so the younger living dolls he made didn’t know about the name ‘Sofia’ too. He is not against the idea of letting his loved ones.. And let’s say even his new friend, it's just too embarrassing, ah! Fil can't help but talk about his true feelings to himself  ‘Why are the other fairies’ names so cool but mine is so femine!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻’

If only Ciel can read the fairy’s thoughts and not be left waiting for the whole three minutes in silence, he will probably scold the other and point out how he likes to wear… these clothes, but not ‘femine’ name, tch.

0