Chapter 29. Masters of Vern
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After the death of Albin Werner, decades later, his son Goltz Werner ascended the throne. Like his father, he had high abilities and intelligence. Realizing what his own creation of objects could bring to Rush, Goltz continued his father's work in studying them.

 

Several hundred years later, Vern managed to introduce the production of rush items and began to conquer the market. The biggest buyer of rush items created by Verne was the Krozar Kingdom. For many years, the forest people believed that it was humiliating to buy weapons from their old enemy. When Vern offered a product of his own production, it was a gift of fate, but the contract for sale could be implemented with only a few conditions.

 

The first condition was that the Krozar Kingdom would have to help train a group of doctors to Rush from Vern. The second was to provide citizens and special groups from Verne with free passage into the dark world, and the removal of living materials from there.

 

The forest people, after discussing the conditions of Vern, with pain in their hearts decided to agree. For them, it was too dangerous to be dependent and rely on weapons being created by their enemy.

 

But on the other hand, this treaty has hit hard on the relationship between Verne and the kingdom of Flerma. To smooth over this situation, Vern concluded an unprofitable contract for the purchase of useless valuable minerals extracted from the mountain range, which the long-armed called the dragon ridge.

 

Unfortunately, this did not greatly improve relations between the two countries, but by a strange coincidence, a war arose out of nowhere between the Crozar Kingdom and Flerm. The war was gaining momentum and the situation with Vern was forgotten.

 

Because of the war, the forest people were increasing their requests for rush items every day, which increased Vern's treasury. Thanks to the funds received from the sale of items to Rush, Vern's group of masters began to conduct more and more experiments.

 

 

Soon, their research made a big leap forward. They discovered a new way to create rush items. This event radically changed their understanding of the subjects of the rush. If earlier, all rush items required the presence of a rush user, then after this discovery, the masters learned how to create autonomous items.

 

But the series of discoveries did not end there, thanks to the previous discovery, the masters of Verna found a new use of the transformed rush of masters and some minerals. It turned out that when creating a certain item, the master manipulating his rasu can manifest his intention to give the ability to this item.

 

Later it was discovered that when certain minerals were added to a certain intent, the effect increased. Realizing the possibilities of this discovery, the then ruler of Verne, Goltz Werner, classified it. By his order, the research was continued in secret.

 

For almost 400 years, the research was kept secret. But the inhabitants of Verne were again struck by the terrible news, Goltz Werner, like his father, fell ill with a strange disease and died, leaving his son. But as it often happens, for one it is a tragedy, for another it is an opportunity.

 

Thanks to threats and bribery, the then United Kingdom was able to take possession of several rasu masters from Verne's research group. Thus, they received a small part of the research. Although these masters were soon destroyed by Vern's spies in the kingdom, this did not save them from losing a small piece of information.

 

Although this event did not greatly affect Vern, but after ascending to the throne, the next ruler adopted a bundle of laws. In the future, in the books of neighboring states, this bundle of laws was called the "law of eternal fidelity." After the laws were passed, every person in Verne with significant power or secret information was required to accept the soul seal. The people who accepted the seal would not be able to give Vern, and if they try to forcibly extract information from them, a person under the influence of the seal will die.

 

Thanks to this law, Vern no longer worried about information leakage and continued his research. A few hundred years later, Vern opened the trade of new rush items abroad, starting to conquer markets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In the ornate office, there were two people. One of them was Annie Werner, popularly known as the interim ruler of Vern. The other person in the room was her son, Zarion Werner, who holds the position of ambassador.

 

Looking at her son, Annie bit her upper lip and said in a calm voice.

 

- There have been several serious problems, but in the near future I think we will be able to solve them.

 

Hearing his mother's answer, Zarion was surprised and asked incomprehensibly.

 

- What could have happened that even you call it a problem?

 

Sighing, Annie asked to sit on the back of the chair, raising her head to the ceiling.

 

- I'm sorry, I can't tell you, this is classified information and knowing it can hurt you.

 

After listening, Zarion's face remained the same, but inwardly he clicked his tongue in disappointment. At that moment, Annie returned to the table and asked in a relaxed manner.

 

- Okay, let's close the subject, why did you come to me?

 

Smiling, Zarion replied in a cheerful tone.

 

- Can't I come to you just like that? Maybe I missed my beloved mom.

 

Smiling back, Annie said sarcastically.

 

- You? The last time you came just like that was when you were 13 years old. Now, every time you come, it's because you need something. Or am I wrong?

 

After listening to his mother's sarcasm, Zarion's smile twitched a little, but thanks to his career as an ambassador, he was able to restrain himself.

 

- Do you really have to be so cruel? Maybe I really missed you.

 

After the sentence was said, an awkward silence hung in the room. Mother and son looked into each other's eyes for several minutes. Paka, unable to stand the staring game, Zarion sighed and said resentfully.

 

- Okay, okay, you're right, I really came with a request. - Hearing the chuckle, Zarion continued without paying attention. – I want to try to break through to a higher person and I want you to help me do it.

 

After listening to her son's request, Annie raised an eyebrow in surprise. It should be understood that not every person decided to move to a higher person. This was due to the risks of failure and the fact that a person's life expectancy does not increase after the transition, and in some cases it decreases altogether.

 

- Have you finally decided? Son, you really surprised me.

 

Zarion's face twitched again.

 

- Are you underestimating me!?

 

- Hmm, no, I didn't doubt you after all, you're a Werner, just surprised… Okay, as soon as I'm free we'll…

 

As Annie was speaking, there was a knock on the door. Annie glanced at the door and frowned and allowed her to enter. A young maid entered the office, under the displeased gaze of two people, she wanted to fall through the ground, unfortunately, there was a reinforced stone floor under her feet. Having made up her mind, the maid opened her mouth and said softly.

 

- M-madam, y-young master asked me to tell you that he would like you to visit him.

 

After listening to the maid, Annie's look changed, and she immediately replied.

 

- Okay, I'll come right away. You can go now.

 

Curtsying, the maid left the office. Annie also got up and started to leave the office. Zarion followed his mother with a slightly frowning expression. After leaving the office, Annie waited for Zarion to come out and closed the door. Turning to her son, she said in an apologetic voice.

 

- Sorry, let's talk a little later. You don't mind?

 

Smiling, Zarion said.

 

- Yes, I don't mind.

 

Nodding her head, Annie turned away and went to Ernes' room. When she left, Zarion's smiling face distorted and clenching his fists, he left in the opposite direction.

 

0