Chapter 32. Lay low
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the door, Annie's face became a little calmer, and she said aloud.

 

- Group «center -1».

 

A group of 16 people appeared out of thin air in front of Annie, they were in black armor, with an elongated helmet. Placing their palm on the helmet, they saluted. One of the warriors took a step forward, and a heavy modified voice sounded from the black helmet.

 

- The captain of the center-1 group, Moro Genral has arrived along with all the members of the squad.

 

Nodding after examining all the members of the eternal Guard, Annie stretched out her hand in their direction. At that moment, the ring on her finger flashed yellow and streaks of light spread from it. They flew into every member of the Eternal Guard, causing them to feel incredible pain. All wars felt as if a part of their soul was being cut off with a sharp knife. But despite the pain, they did not utter a word and continued to stand as if they did not feel anything.

 

A few seconds later, fragments of blue color flew out of the warriors and flew into the glowing ring on Annie's hand, disappeared. Looking at the ring that had stopped glowing, Annie nodded again. Shifting her gaze to the members of the eternal Guard, she said in a cold commanding tone.

 

- Nothing happened to the prince today, and I visited him just to console him. Is everything clear?

 

Still feeling the pain, the warriors were silent, but having overcome the pain, their captain panted and said.

 

- Everything... is clear... mistress. Nothing... happened.

 

Smiling happily and clapping her hands, Annie said.

 

- Well, all right, you're all free. Protect my nephew properly.

 

The last sentence made the warriors, who were already feeling unwell, feel a chill in their backs. Annie herself turned her back on the soldiers and disappeared.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In a dark room, lit by a weak light coming from lamps that were installed on square, marble columns. The room itself was several dozen square meters in size, and in its center stood a group of people dressed in dark cloaks with hoods covering their faces.

 

From every person in the group, there was fear and nervousness. Unable to withstand the gloomy and heavy atmosphere, one of the people asked in a nervous voice.

 

- What should we do next?

 

After the question was asked, all the people in the room looked at the three people standing apart from the others. Feeling dozens of pairs of eyes converge on them, the man standing in the center calmly said.

 

- Don't worry, although the attempt failed, we have several backup plans. Now, we need to lay low for a few years, and prepare, as soon as the situation stabilizes, we will strike. In the meantime, listen to your tasks…

 

After a few ches, having received their assignments, the people left the room, leaving the trio standing alone. The man standing on the left turned his head to the one who had previously given instructions and said in a gloomy tone.

 

- We managed to change the place of today's meeting at the last moment. If it wasn't for our spy in the eternal guard, the number of nobles and rich merchants in Verna would have decreased tomorrow. Taking a breath, he continued. - Two representatives of the highest aristocrats and three middle ones did not come to the meeting today. From what our spy could find out, members of the eternal Guard belonging to the intelligence and cleaning group went to their estate.

 

After listening to the report, all this time, the silent man standing on the right, with a laugh, said in a hoarse voice.

 

- Ha, if a cleaning group was sent there, then these families have already ceased to exist.

 

The person who spoke the intelligence earlier, glancing at him, said in a gloomy tone.

 

- There's nothing funny, at this rate the eternal guard will get to us– - Turning his head to the leader, he asked– - What does the empire think about this.

 

Hearing the question, the manager sighed heavily.

 

- The Empire is temporarily suspending the operation. That's why I said to lay low.

 

The hoarsely speaking man suddenly exclaimed.

 

- What?! What does it mean? We have already lost many people during the attempt to keep the eternal guard. Many will be unhappy. Moreover, we had several backup plans if this one failed. Why did the Empire suspend even them?

 

After looking at the speaker, the leader paused for a few seconds in thought, said.

 

- A few days ago, several important nobles and employees died in the empire. On each body was the coat of arms of Vern.

 

The man on the left said in surprise.

 

- So the eternal Guard is acting so decisively.

 

- What did you expect? How they should have acted when their prince was assassinated. Although, the empire did not expect that they would strike such a decisive blow.

 

Silence enveloped the room, three people were in thought. After a few minutes, the manager stopped thinking and said.

 

- Contact our agent in the eternal Guard and tell him to lay low. In a few days I will provide a list of tasks for you. And then I'll go back to the empire. We disagree on this.

 

Nodding, the men in black cloaks went to different sides of the room. Approaching the wall, they, with their hand, opened a passage in the stone wall. Soon there was no one left in the room.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In a large beautifully decorated hall, in the center of which was a round table. A map of the continent of Tingurt was embedded in the table, with symbols on it. Around him were four ornate armchairs, with high backs.

 

At that moment, a large double door opened, and four people entered the hall, wearing a slightly modified black armor of the eternal guard, with the coat of arms of Vern on their chest. They didn't wear a helmet, which made it possible to see their faces.

 

In front of everyone was a beautiful middle-aged woman with black and white hair. Any citizen of Verne, seeing her face, would recognize the acting ruler Annie Werner at a glance, but only a few know that she is also one of the four commanders of the Eternal Guard.

 

A little behind Annie, there was a sturdy looking middle-aged man. On his face was a full blond beard, a big nose, and kind green eyes. His blond hair was neatly braided into a short braid. A quick glance at him gave the impression of a kind and reliable person. Although his appearance matches his character, few people know that, if necessary, this man will become a cruel tyrant. After all, not everyone can become the commander of the eternal guard like Gottfried Moore.

 

Shoulder to shoulder with Gottfried, a middle-aged man walked with an elegant gait. On his aristocratic face, there was a curled neat mustache and slicked back blond hair. There was a slightly dismissive light in his brown eyes. As a native of one of the families of the upper aristocrats of Vern, Grim Loit had a slight disdain for commoners since childhood. Once in the eternal guard, his character was slightly dulled, but not completely. Thanks to many years of service to Vern, he was able to become the commander of the eternal Guard with blood and sweat.

 

The last person walking at the end of the group was Sieg Voyd. Walking carefully on the stone floor, not a sound came from him. His face was covered with a black mask, giving only a piercing look of black eyes. His short raven-black hair absorbed the light around him, and a small earring hung on his right ear, in the form of a symbol of the eternal guard.

 

Approaching the round table, everyone took their own chair. As soon as they were seated, Greem looked at Annie curiously and asked.

 

- Well, what is the purpose of this meeting?

 

 

0