Chapter 37. Opportunities
29 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the gathering room of the captains.

 

Three of the four captains of the Eternal Guard once again gathered around a large round table, awaiting the arrival of the only woman among them. The three people gathered had different expressions on their faces. Gottfried watched the surroundings with a friendly expression, waiting, Grim looked at his well-groomed nails with boredom on his face, and Sig closed his eyes and thought about something.

 

Suddenly, the sound of the gate opening was heard, through which Annie entered with a light step. She was wearing a black training suit, and a sword in a jeweled scabbard hung on her hip. Unlike the constant seriousness at meetings, now a proud smile could be seen on her face. This surprised the three waiting captains, because they rarely see such an expression on their colleague.

 

Sitting down in her seat, Annie looked around the audience and realized that they were looking at her in surprise, frowned and, realizing something, changed her expression to serious calmness. Seeing her actions, the makeup lifted the corners of her lips and chuckled, but after receiving a cold look, he removed the grin.

 

The hall was silent for a while. Sig, who was sitting in thought, decided to break the silence by asking a question.

 

- Annie, how is the progress in the development of that subject rush? Those temporary solutions won't last long.

 

After thinking for a while, Annie calmly replied.

 

- The subject is already ready, it remains only to conduct a few tests to avoid mistakes, and then we can take them under full control.

 

- OK.

 

Grinning, Grim asked with malice in his voice.

 

- How long do you think it will take the United Empire to realize that their spy is now controlled by us?

 

Sig calmly looked at Grim and said dismissively.

 

- If we wake up the same as you, then it will show up pretty quickly.

 

Casting a cold glance, Grim said.

 

- What do you have to introduce?

 

- What do you think?

 

Gottfried sighed and decided to break the dispute that was beginning to arise before it escalated into something more.

 

- Eh, do you really need to behave like children? You are more than 600 years old each, for such a long time you have not gained at least a little wisdom.

 

Hearing Gottfried's rebuke, Grim clicked his tongue and turned away from Sig, and silence reigned in the hall. Taking advantage of the silence, Annie tapped her finger on the table, attracting the attention of the audience and looking at Sig said.

 

- I will order that when the item is ready, it will be delivered to you personally. - After remembering something, a faint smile appeared on her lips. – The next thing I would like to discuss is some of the Prince's requests and his achievements.

 

Gottfried looked attentively at Annie and said amiably.

 

- So that's why you're so happy. Is his development going so fast?

 

Uncertainty flashed in Annie's eyes and shaking her head, she said.

 

- No, according to my calculations, it will take quite a long time for him to reach an enhanced person.

 

Frowning, Gottfried asked in a serious tone.

 

- Is something wrong? Is his soul insufficiently developed and will he pick up the spiritual part to form a rush?

 

Biting her lip, Annie answered thoughtfully.

 

- On the contrary, I do not know how, but his soul produces a much larger amount of spiritual component, which suppresses the bodily part. Because of this, the rashu in his body is formed much slower, and this slows down his rate of development.

 

Grim thoughtfully tugging at his mustache, muttered.

 

- On the one hand, this is a problem, on the other hand, it seems to me a blessing.

 

Nodding in confirmation, Annie said.

 

- I agree, although at first glance it may seem like a problem, but if you think about his poor achievements, the picture will immediately change.

 

Sig closed his eyes and added.

 

- The great Werner family has always been considered powerful because of their stronger souls.

 

Annie looked around the audience and realized that everyone had similar thoughts with her and smiled to herself and continued to tell.

 

- Recently, Ernes asked me to give him the opportunity to train in the art of creating rush items. Hearing what was said, everyone present frowned. – Although, as we have already discussed, his soul is really much stronger, I still did not agree to this. But after a couple of days of begging on his part, unable to stand it, I agreed on the condition that he would be able to defeat the three opponents I put up.

 

Grim muttered with a smirk on his face.

 

- And judging by your proud expression, you've lost that bet.

 

Ignoring his comment, Annie continued to tell.

 

- He was able to cope with the first opponent quite easily. But since this was his first "murder", Ernes was confused, although it took him a little time to recover. As for the second opponent, here he was able to surprise me by applying a rush to his body. Apparently, thanks to his soul, his control over rashu is much stronger. I won't say much about the third fight, just know that he was able to apply the rush to individual parts of the bodies, and beat me because of my inattention.

 

Gottfried, after listening to the end, straightened his beard and said.

 

- So now we have to give him permission to train in the mastery of rush items?

 

Shrugging her shoulders, Annie replied.

 

- It turns out that it is.

 

After thinking a little, Gottfried sighed and said.

 

- Okay, I agree.

 

After a few minutes, the other two commanders, having also considered the options, agreed. This pleased Annie, she did not want Ernes to think that she could deceive him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was difficult to see anything in the luxurious room because of the steam coming from the hot water. In the center of the room there was a large white bathtub in which a 10-year-old child was lying. Resting his head on the palm of his hand, he leaned against the wall of the tub, thinking. His white wet hair fell down, covering the upper part of his face.

 

Suddenly coming to his senses, he ran his hand over the greenish water and took a deep breath and plunged into it. Ernes, floating in the spiritual space, closed his eyes and concentrated. His previously illusory and barely discernible figure now looked more humanoid and less hazy.

 

Outside, under the water, a lot of blue cracks appear on the boy's body. Fortunately, under the influence of greenish water, they slowly closed, but after a few seconds they reappeared.

 

This lasted for some time, until the water in the bathroom was reduced by half and lost its greenish tint. By that time, the cracks on the child's body had completely closed, leaving a pale smooth skin.

 

Surfacing from under the water, the boy began to inhale the air that was not enough for him. After catching his breath, he lay back relaxed, enjoying the rest of the warm water, but a cold smile was visible on his face. In the spiritual space, looking at his less illusory hand, Ernes thought.

 

Stream 1. "Thanks to taking these baths full of therapeutic rush, I can not be too afraid to destroy the body in preparation for the structuring of the soul. After the body reaches the enhanced person, it will take me several years to fully structure the soul. If it had been anyone else, it would have taken him about 10 years to complete this process. But since I was originally born a supersized spiritual being, my energy automatically tends to evolve."

 

Stream 2. "In the near future I will be able to start researching the creation of rush items. On their account, I have some important ideas that can help me strengthen my foundation. Previously, I didn't have the opportunity to create my foundation, since I was born a super-being. Now such an opportunity has presented itself, but for its embodiment, an abundant amount of spiritual energy is needed. Fortunately, there are quite a lot of living beings on this planet. If I can transform their pure spiritual energy into my own, it will favorably affect my future transformation into a supersized being."

 

0