Chapter 38. “Simple workouts”
43 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- As usual, his mother chose him, instead of helping me, she said that she needed to wait a little. - Clenching his fist, he sighed. - Haaa... Zarion you need to calm down this is not the first time.

 

With sadness in his eyes, he looked at the framed photo on the table. It showed a happy family of three. A 7-year-old boy with black hair was seen between a couple of adults. To his right, holding his hand, stood a beautiful middle-aged woman with black and white hair and a kind smile. On the opposite side, a tall, muscular man stood with his hand on the boy's head. Like the boy, he had black hair and a square, powerful jaw. 

 

- Father, maybe if you were alive, Mom wouldn't do this to me. She used to be close to me, but after the birth of this damn prince and the death of my uncle, we became like strangers. Although she tries to show that she treats me as her son, but I honor that this is not so. 

 

A single tear flowed out of his eye. After wiping it, he took out a small notebook and opened it and turned to the last page.

 

"I've been trying for a long time to find out the real reason why you died, but I haven't found anything. When I asked my mother, she said you died fighting an enemy spy. But I was able to find the notes you left. It was recorded in them that you came from the aristocratic Narion family, which I had previously heard of. In order to find out what happened to this family, I studied the information in the library and found out that this family, like many aristocratic houses, disappeared in the bloody feast that happened 15 years ago. I am sure that the eternal Guard and possibly Uncle Race himself have something to do with this case. Whatever it cost me, I will find the culprit and take revenge."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

In an empty square, two people were standing opposite each other, a woman with a calm expression holding a rather large bag in her hand. On the other hand, there was a child on whose face, through the calmness, anticipation could be seen.

 

- This bag contains the initial ingredients. You should have enough of them to start, unfortunately, since the training hall does not have the ability to imitate the capabilities of the workshop, we will therefore need to leave the training hall for a while. – Looking at the nephew's anticipating face, a hint of treachery flashed in Annie's calm eyes. – And yes, before you can start trying to create items, you will need to do some simple training.

 

 Directing Rush to the floor, two warriors in mowed armor appeared in front of Ernes. When they appeared, the boy's face distorted. Annie, who was calmly watching Ernes' expression, smiled to herself.

 

- For today, your task is to defeat these warriors by fighting two of them at the same time.

 

While Annie was reciting the task, one of the warriors took up a two-handed sword and stood in a fighting stance. Another warrior, taking a spear, stood from the side and slightly behind the swordsman. Ernes, watching them, was thinking.

 

"Soul emulation won't be able to handle two opponents at the same time. Earlier, when fighting with Annie, I had to provide part of my computing capabilities to emulate the soul, and then I counted on her to take pity on her beloved nephew. Soul emulation is an autonomous piece of my soul, whose control is carried out by a small consciousness, that is, she is me, and I am her. In normal times, it can be considered a copy of the boy's soul, preserving his character and habits, as well as intelligence. I only intervene at certain moments when the situation requires it. Okay, it is necessary to show the boy's aspirations to his goal."

 

Ernes stretched out his right hand to his hip, revealing a beautiful jeweled long sword that Annie had once given him. With his other hand, he drew a double-edged dagger attached to his lower back. Crouching down a little and removing his left hand with the dagger a little back, he raised the sword to the sky. When both sides took up fighting positions, Annie waved her hand saying.

 

- They started the fight.

 

Directing a small amount of rush at his feet, Ernes reduced the distance between him and the wars at a fairly fast speed. When the swordsman was a few meters away, Ernes abruptly made a movement with his sword redirecting the stabbing blow of the approaching spear.

The swordsman, taking advantage of the fact that the opponent was distracted by parrying, struck with a sword from above. Aiming the rush at his left hand, Ernes blocked the approaching swordsman's attack. And using the rush in his right hand, he threw the spear with the sword to the side and holding the sword with a trembling dagger, redirecting the sword, struck a vertical blow at the swordsman. 

 

At the last moment, the swordsman was able to push away from the dagger to dodge back. Unfortunately, this was not enough for him and the edge of the sharp blade of the sword cut through the armor, leaving a long wound on his stomach.

 

But despite the long bleeding wound, the warrior jumped back and got into a fighting stance again. At this moment, Ernes, turning to the left and putting his sword in front of him, blocked the approaching shaft. And immediately after that, jumping back, he avoided the vertical sword strike.

 

The swordsman, having missed, was confused and froze in place, Ernes took advantage of this by directing Rush to his feet and pushing off attacked with a stabbing blow. The sword, having penetrated the armor, entered the right side of the swordsman, applying more force to the sword, the blade pierced through the body, came out from the other side.

 

Aiming the rush into his hand, Ernes abruptly pulled the sword out of his body and bowed back, avoiding a stabbing spear. Meanwhile, the swordsman, after standing for a few seconds, collapsed on the earthy surface of the hall, showing no signs of life. 

 

Calmly looking at the remaining opponent, Ernes sent Rush to his feet, quickly approaching the spearman. With his left hand reinforced by Rush, he deflected the spear to the side and approaching the defenseless war struck a stabbing blow to the head. The blade passed through the eye and hit the brain, killing the spearman on the spot.

 

When Ernes pulled the sword out of his head, he, having lost his footing, collapsed to the ground. Wiping his blade on his armor with trembling hands, Ernes sheathed his sword and dagger. Then he collapsed to his knees and began to breathe heavily. In the spiritual space, while one stream of Ernes's consciousness supports the emulation of the soul, the other has thought about it.

 

"Although I use rush in the most balanced way during the battle, its small amount in the body makes itself felt. At least this time the body won't lose consciousness. Although I might not have won this fight, but since I need to develop both myself and my body at the same time, the progress rate of the second one will be slower compared to other people. Therefore, I need to show others that I am a genius capable of surpassing my level, so that they invest in me as much as possible. Ha, it's a pity that defeating an opponent who surpasses you in terms of level is only possible up to super-dimensionality."

 

Watching her nephew from the side, Annie was in difficult thoughts.

 

"He really is a genius, even though his soul suppresses his body and his future development will be longer. But perhaps thanks to this stronger soul, he will be able to do what all the past rulers of Vern could not."

 

1