Chapter 42. One question
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Following Annie, Ernes looked around, examining every detail. After five minutes of walking, and still not getting close to the center of the room, Annie turned right. Following her, Ernes, lifting his head up, watched as a platform loaded with an iron beam passes over him along the guide.

 

Turning away and looking ahead, he saw a path less wide than the one he had previously walked along. At its end, there was an arched gate similar to the ones through which they had entered earlier.

 

It took about the same amount of time before they approached this very gate. On closer inspection, it could be seen that their size is inferior to the central ones. According to Ernes' estimates, they were about 3 meters tall and less massive.

 

Above the gate hung a large plaque made of black metal with designations, the first line consisted of silver color, with hieroglyphs in the language of the mainland Tingurt, "Personal Workshop 9-1", and below the inscription shone red: "Entry is prohibited without the presence of royalty."

 

Putting her hand to Vern's coat of arms on the gate, Annie guided Rush and slowly opened them. Opening, Ernes saw a room of several hundred square meters, with various devices in it. Some looked like teski of different sizes, others looked like the ones seen by Ernes in books, the jeweler's table. The difference is that this one was much more sophisticated and had a variety of magnifying round devices on long, flexible racks held by them and other devices on similar racks.

 

There were several different furnaces that were created from gray metal and yellow stone. The stoves themselves stood in a row and were of different sizes, some could accommodate a person, while others ate placed a human fist.

 

The workshop itself was clean and tidy, the walls, floor and ceiling were chipped with white plates of unknown material and had a smooth but non-slip surface. The lighting was carried out with the help of gray, iron, oblong, lamps built into the ceiling and evenly illuminating the room with bright, cold light.

 

Annie walked forward and started explaining to Ernes again.

 

- This is my personal workshop for creating one-person rush items. – Glancing at Ernes, she remembered something, raised an eyebrow and asked. – You should know what one-person and group subjects mean, or did you miss such initial knowledge?

 

Shaking his head, Ernes answered with resentment in his voice.

 

- No, I know about it. Single-person items usually have a smaller size and are intended for use by one person, while group items are created with the participation of a group of craftsmen in order to eventually produce an item of sufficient volume sizes.

 

- Yes, well done. As you could see earlier, while we were walking here, this is a group method of creating a large rush item that Vern developed. But you have to take into account that with the help of a group, you can also produce a smaller object. For example, I can cite the rashu rifle, which was created about 4 years ago. Although its creation has not yet been put on the conveyor, but according to the calculations of the great masters, it is quite possible to do it.

 

Walking to the table, she put the bag she had been holding in her hand for a long time, which, when touched on the table, made a rather strong sound of incredibly heavy things touching. Ernes suggested that the things lying in this small bag weigh incredibly heavy and the bag may be a rush item, or it was created from incredibly durable materials.

 

Frozen for a moment, Annie stood with her back to Ernes, thinking. Looking away from the bag and glancing at the boy's face out of the corner of her eye, she noticed his confusion. Sighing, Annie turned and looked earnestly at Ernes. In her blue eyes there was clearly visible interest and a strange apprehension.

 

- Ernes, before we start, answer me one question. You've been reading a lot of books lately, the topic of which was the curse of the Verne family and attempts to solve it. Among them, most often you have read works devoted to experiments on filling the soul with an additional amount of the spiritual component of rush. - To these words, Ernes' face was surprised, and indecision was flashing in his eyes. – Today, after training, when I took you to the therapeutic bath, after a few minutes blue cracks began to appear on your body, and I looked into your spiritual space, I saw how your soul was trying to take a more visible form. Now tell me, what are you trying to do?

 

By this time, Ernes' face was frowning and indecisive, but with a sigh, he acquired calmness and an imperceptible coldness.

 

- After reading a lot of similar books, I realized that in trouble I can also be taken into account, as well as my ancestors. So I tried to find out about all possible solutions, as I didn't want to die… After reading a lot of books and comparing what I wrote with myself, I began to have some ideas.

 

- What ideas?!

 

After chewing his lips and considering the answer, Ernes continued.

 

- As my aunt knows, my control over rashu surpasses all the others... but what you and no one else knows is that this control, due to my stronger soul, gives me the opportunity to control the spiritual component separately a little.

 

Hearing her nephew, Annie's face was struck with surprise and disbelief. Even she, a mortal demigod, does not have such an opportunity, but the child in front of her can.

 

- Are you telling the truth?

 

- Yes... watching my soul and reading books, I thought, what if I try to shape it. After all, the books said that it is because of the loss of the spiritual component that a person dies. Therefore, having decided to shape my soul, I will be able to condense it, which in a distressed person can save me from leakage. – Remembering something, he frowned and continued. – I decided to make my first attempt to give shape to my soul when I was in the bathroom. I'm sure it helped me a lot, because I started experiencing incredible pain all over my body. In this regard, my first attempt was unsuccessful, but after a few days, I decided to repeat it and after enduring the pain I was able to see how my soul slowly takes shape. Unfortunately, for some reason it could not form, and I failed again. My attempts continued every time I was in the tub. Apparently today I automatically decided to do the same, but as an aunt, you already know, it was another failure. Although I have some suggestions why I can't condense my soul, it's probably due to the fact that my soul lacks a spiritual component.

 

Having been in thought, Annie pondered the words spoken by her nephew. And having come to a decision, she looked resolutely at Ernes.

 

- You're right, you really lack a spiritual component, but from what I've seen, your soul will not be able to develop it in sufficient quantity right now… It takes some time to think about solutions, but don't worry, I will order many knowledgeable people, and they will surely find a way out. Then…

 

Suddenly Annie noticed on Ernes' face, indecision and his attempts to say something. Interrupting her speech, she asked with interest.

 

- Do you really have a solution?

 

- I... I think a solution has already been found. Surprised, Annie became interested. – In the books of Falk Werner VI, it was described how he was the first to try to nourish the soul with the help of the spiritual component of other people. They even created a rashu item to absorb, share and store other people's rashu.

0