Chapter 45. Reinforced Man
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were two corpses in leather armor lying on the surface of the ground. One of them was cut in half, exposing internal organs. Another soldier was missing an arm, and blood was flowing profusely from a long cut on his neck. 

 

A little further from the lying corpses were two more soldiers. One of them had a one-handed sword with a small shield, while the other had a bow.  Blood flowed from the cuts on their skin, staining their bodies red. In front of them, standing in a fighting stance, was a 10-year-old boy with white hair and beautiful delicate facial features that were partially stained with blood, like his suit. He calmly watched the actions of the two wounded warriors, waiting for them to move in his direction.

 

In his hand, barely noticeably shining in the light, there was a thin string attached to a ring on his finger. Suddenly, one of the warriors, putting his shield in front of him, moved forward, trying to shorten the distance, while the other fired an arrow trying to hit the child.

 

Moving to the side, the child dodged the arrow and swung his arm. Invisible to the ordinary eye, the string, obeying the movement of the hand, moved towards the fleeing war. A warrior with a shield, seeing the movement of his hand, abruptly jumped up a meter. Being in the air, he heard something flying under him with a whistling sound.  

 

After landing, the warrior was about to continue the attack, at that moment, the sound of falling was heard behind him. Not paying attention to what was happening behind his back, he rushed to the child. A couple of wide steps were enough to get closer for the attack distance, and he swung his sword horizontally.

 

There was no trace of fear on the child's face. Ducking, he missed the blow above him and pushed off, approached the swordsman. Seeing the approach of the enemy, the warrior tried to put a shield in front of him, but because of the difference in speed, he did not have time.   

 

Approaching, the child waved the hand on which the ring was located. The palm passed a few centimeters from the stomach without hitting the war. But suddenly, after a miss, instead of attacking, the swordsman froze in place. 

 

This did not last long and soon a thin red stripe appeared in place of the trajectory of the swing, which separated the war exactly in the middle of the abdomen. After standing for a second, his body swayed and began to fall, splitting in half in the air.

 

Standing next to the corpse, Ernes calmly watched the dismemberment of the body. Raising his hand to his face, he looked at the ring that Annie had given him. Even at the first contact with this ring, he knew that it was some kind of combat item. Now, with the help of Annie, he was able to unlock one of the abilities of this ring, which does not require when using it rashu.

 

Touching the ring with his thumb, he drew it sharply, thereby scrolling the outer part of the ring. There was a click and a whistling sound was heard in the air. Soon the sound stopped and the ring finished winding the string with a reverse click. 

 

After coiling the string into a ring, Ernes clenched his hand into a fist several times, checking something. Slowly, a joyful smile began to appear on his calm face. Suddenly, clapping was heard from the side, and a calm female voice reached Ernes' ears.

 

- You have become quite adept at managing the ring, and congratulations on officially joining the ranks of the rashu practitioners. You are the first person in recorded history to have achieved an enhanced human by the age of 10. Moreover, your strength surpasses many people on the same level as you.

 

Turning to Annie, Ernes said with a happy smile.

 

- It's all thanks to your training aunt, without you, I wouldn't have reached such heights.  

 

Hearing her nephew's praise, a proud smile appeared on her face, unnoticed by herself. But quickly realizing it, she hid it.

 

- I see you've started reading a lot of books on politics. This is commendable. In fact, I thought that since you told me about your ability to control the spiritual component, your progress after entering the level of an enhanced person will fly by in the blink of an eye. But after your soul enhancement suggestion, I think your progress will take even longer than any other of the rulers of Vern. Oh well, it's necessary. It's better to move on to what I have prepared for you so that you can feel the power of an enhanced person

 

Having finished, Annie sent rashu to the floor and the training hall began to disappear, being hindered by the abundant dense forest and diverse landscape.

 

- Tomorrow your so-called test will be held here. I have prepared 120 real people, each of them has reached the level of an enhanced person. The rules of the test are quite simple, you need to survive and last a week, or you can kill them all. On the other hand, all these suicide bombers.  - At that word, Annie chuckled with palpable contempt. - Promised freedom if they can kill you. Any questions?       

 

- Yes, can I take rashu items with me?

 

- Of course, in fact, I have prepared a gift for you, which the great master made at my request. Although you won't be able to apply it, even inactive it will be quite useful.

 

At that moment, Annie saw Ernes shaking his head, with anticipation on his face. Confused, she asked.

 

- What's the matter?

 

Lifting the corners of his lips, Ernes said calmly.

 

- Look aunt.

 

Having said that, he turned towards the thicket of the forest. Raising his hand, Ernes focused on it and suddenly, to Annie's amazement, the ring on his hand clicked and, after flashing the light for a moment, spun. 

 

Annie saw a thin string spread through the air from the ring, which flew through the trees at an incredible speed. And having completed the blow, she quickly returned back to the ring.

 

A second later, the sound of several trees falling was heard. Annie struggled with surprise and looked at her nephew, who was breathing heavily. According to her assessment, the attack that had just been carried out was equal to a person who had reached the limit. 

 

It was amazing, since only a person who has reached the limit can direct the rashu from the body and, when using it, control various objects of the rashu. We can say that now a miracle has taken place in front of her.  Smiling proudly, she said.

 

- Congratulations again, it's amazing. As I promised, after you take the test, I will take you to a great master who is dealing with a solution related to strengthening your soul.

 

Smiling, Ernes happily said.

 

- All right, Aunt. I would like to prepare something before this test, you can take me to the workshop. I have very little time left to complete this subject. Now that I can output of rashu from the body, it's time to complete it.

 

Raising an eyebrow, Annie asked.

 

- Are you talking about the object that you have been creating over the past months? A rather strange object, I don't understand how it can help you.

 

- It is very important and I think you will be surprised to see its functions.

 

- Well, then, let's go.

 

Approaching Ernes, Annie grabbed him and disappeared.

 

0