Chapter 46. Four in a room
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A small dark room was illuminated by several lamps built into the walls. There was practically no furniture in the room, except for two black sofas, between which there was a small coffee table.

 

On the sofas, opposite each other, sat two people in black clothes. One of them was a young man with short curly brown hair and dark green eyes. His face was pretty average, except for a terrible scar that stretched horizontally across his forehead.  

 

Across from him sat a twisted and dirty old man. His greasy gray hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and his deep-set brown eyes were barely visible because of wrinkles. There was a silly grin on his face that made him look even more repulsive.

 

Stretching out a trembling hand in a black glove, the old man took a mug filled with a red-green thick liquid from the table. Bringing it to his mouth, he drank under the disgusted gaze of the interlocutor.

 

- You don't have to drink this stuff in front of me. Not only is it vile to taste, but it also smells like a decomposing devourer.

 

After taking a sip and putting the mug back in its place, the old man smiled nastily.

 

- Actually, it includes parts of the devourer, and it is quite useful for my senile health.

 

Grimacing again, the young man took out a bundle from the inside of the suit and threw it on the table in front of the old man.

 

- Here is the intelligence that our mole in the eternal Guard gave me.

 

Taking the package, the old man opened it and began to read it slowly and carefully. When he was done, he folded it back and put it in his pocket.

 

- Not bad, although not enough. What you were able to collect from what I asked you.

 

Grimacing, the young man replied with incomprehension.

 

- Nothing. And it's not enough to say, there is not a grain of information for all the time of searches. The only trace leads to the eternal guard and members of the ruling family. As I said before, to find out more, you need to use an agent in the eternal Guard. 

 

Hearing the answer that he had already heard earlier, the old man lowered his head in thought. A few minutes later, without raising his head, a hoarse, determined voice rang through the room.

 

- Tell our spy to dig up what I'm asking. – The young man was about to answer something, but the next words interrupted him. – I take responsibility on myself.

 

 Teshena sank down on the room until a sigh was heard from the young man.

 

- I don't know why you, a man from the empire, want to know about it so much. But as an ordinary minor subordinate, I have to perform tasks from my superiors.  Will I go?

 

- Go.

 

Getting up, the young man walked towards the door. Just as he was about to open it, an old man's hoarse voice was heard from behind.

 

- Umar, wait. I forgot to tell you that the weapon you asked for is ready, you can pick it up downstairs.

 

Hearing the old man, a smile appeared on Umar's face and he turned around and thanked him.

 

- Thank you, old man. Although your character looks like shit, but inside you are kind-hearted.

 

Two cold brown eyes stared back at him. The young man's smile twisted and he quickly opened the door and nervously left. 

 

- Well, I'm off.

 

The old man turned away from the door, looked at the mug on the table and muttered softly.

 

- It's really quite an abomination.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

        There were 4 people in the dark room. It was cramped and dark, the only furniture in it was a few benches. Smooth high walls, without windows and doors, put a lot of pressure on the psyche of the people in it.

 

Everyone in this room was dressed in uncomfortable white linen clothes. In the corner, unconscious, lay a young man of 20 years. He was quite handsome, with blond dirty hair. Suddenly his eyes began to twitch slowly, which was a sign of a soon awakening.

 

Slowly opening his eyes and standing up on his elbows, the young man looked around in confusion. The first thing that caught his attention was four pairs of eyes looking at him with different emotions.

 

A rather large man with a bald head full of scars, calmly assessed him. In the eyes of an old man with gray hair and beard, sadness could be seen. The last person in the room was a beautiful girl of the same age as a young man. She had long black hair and cold brown eyes.

 

Teshena descended on the room until the oldest one broke it with his old and kind-hearted voice.

 

- You're finally awake. Don't worry, we're the same as you, we just woke up earlier. What's your name? My name is Horn, and this is Alexander and Nabushi.

 

Confused, the young man got up from the floor and sat down on the seat offered by the old man, after thinking for a second, he answered.

 

- My name is Jean, nice to meet you. What is this place?

 

Smiling bitterly, the old man sadly replied.

 

- Some of us don't know. Like I said, we all woke up here, just like you. The only thing I remember is sitting in my cell and that's it.

 

- The camera, yes, I was in the camera too. Oh no, my family what's wrong with my family?

 

Seeing the panic that was slowly taking hold of Jean, the old man put his hand on his shoulder and said.

 

- Calm down, calm down. Everything should be fine with your family…

 

Before he could finish, Jean interrupted the old man.

 

- No, no, I remember how people in black armor with a red stripe in the middle of the helmet broke into our estate and when I tried to resist I was knocked out. I need to find out what's wrong with my family.

 

Suddenly his speech was interrupted by a calm voice.

 

- They're all dead.

 

Hearing such cruel words, Franz and the old man turned to the speaker, who turned out to be Alexander.

 

- W-what d-do you mean?

 

- Alexander, why are you saying such cruel words. You can see his condition.

 

Folding his arms on his chest and closing his eyes, Alexander calmly said.

 

- It's better for him to find out the truth now, while the situation allows it. To be honest, I'm surprised why you're alive at all.    

 

- Do you know who attacked my family?  Jean asked, calming down a little.

 

- Well, it's pretty obvious if you know at least a little and have the opportunity to hear information from the upper circles of Vern. Those who attacked your noble court, as I understand it, are the eternal Guard's mopping-up squad. Usually, as far as I know, there are no survivors after their actions, so it's amazing to hear that you survived.

 

- Yes, I remember exactly, eternal guard, but why did they attack, our family did nothing?

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Alexander replied.

 

- How should I know. Apparently you just don't know, and someone from your family did something that they shouldn't have done.

 

Jean lowered his head in thought, fell silent. Teshena sat down on the little room again until, having thought something over, Jean asked again.

 

- Does anyone have any idea where we are and what kind of place this is?

 

He was answered by a silence, which Horn interrupted.

 

- No one knows young man we…

 

But he was interrupted by a sharp sound, followed by a calm voice.

 

- Attention, today you violators are given a chance for freedom, take advantage of it.

 

0