Chapter 50. Autopsy
38 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Realizing that something was wrong, the prisoner abruptly turned around, intending to escape. As the head of one of the gang cells in the Allied Kingdoms, he went through many battles. And the strange loss of his honed sense of danger, which saved him in many scrapes, was definitely a bad sign.

 

Turning around and taking a few steps, he suddenly felt a strange breeze. In the next moment, the ground began to approach his eyes. Falling face-first into the grass, his senses were suddenly pierced by an incredible pain in the lower part of his body.

 

Looking around, he saw legs lying a few meters behind him and an abundance of blood. From what he saw, another wave of pain passed through him, and he lost consciousness. Ernes, ignoring the fallen swordsman, rushed towards the archer.

 

Seeing the situation, fear was reflected in the archer's eyes, and he began to shoot arrow after arrow. Unfortunately, every arrow he fired was strangely knocked aside. A few seconds later, Ernes had already approached the greenish humanoid, who tried to hit him with a bow. Easily beating off the blow with the shaft to the side, he directed rashu into the gloves and struck a fist into the lower part of the humanoid's abdomen.

 

Feeling the pain, the greenskin bent over in convulsions. Taking advantage of this, Ernes struck a powerful blow with the rapier hilt on his head, knocking him out. After looking at the fallen humanoid, he stuck the point into its leg.

 

After making sure that there was no reaction, Ernes quickly headed towards the nearest wounded prisoner, at the same time taking out a soul needle from under his cloak. A few minutes later, having finished collecting pure spiritual energy, he approached the unconscious humanoid.

 

"Interestingly, in the books I read, it was written that representatives of the forest people have a stronger soul. Also, some of the representatives of their race are known for their peculiarity of communicating with rashu rich plants. A good opportunity to check. The structure of their body is also interesting. I think I can spare a few minutes."    

 

Crouching over the unconscious humanoid and taking out a blade, Ernes cut through the clothes, exposing the greenish skin. Putting his hand to his chest and pressing on certain areas of skin, he determined the approximate location of the bones.

 

"The structure of the skeleton is similar to a human, with some differences, so an autopsy can be performed in the same way as a human. At the same time, I will check the reaction of the soul of this race to pain."

 

Having finished his thoughts, Ernes took out thin shackles from under his cloak and put them on the humanoid's arms and legs. The shackles were silver in color, with a transparent gemstone containing a clot of greenish energy.

 

After making sure that energy was flowing into the body from the shackles, Ernes applied the blade to the humanoid's chest and made a neat vertical incision to the lower part of the abdomen. After making horizontal incisions at the bottom and top, he slowly and pruning some areas, parted the skin to the sides, revealing the internal organs.

 

The unconscious representative of the forest people, with a pained expression on his face, began to breathe heavily. Suddenly, abruptly opening his eyes and seeing the situation he was in, he was overcome by a feeling of incredible pain. A painful cry spread through the forest again. When the humanoid tried to escape, he felt that he could not move.  

 

Ernes, sitting over the corpse, watched the slowly flowing reddish-green blood. The organs of the forest people were slightly different from human ones. One could see that some of their parts consisted not only of flesh, but also of strange vegetation.

 

The heart was a piece of flesh, which was covered with a layer of thin, tree-like layer on top. The veins were also covered with a grass-like texture. Some organs present in humans, such as kidneys and liver, were absent, and their place was occupied by unknown organs, which, which, according to Ernes assumption, performed the function of storing different types of vegetation. 

 

Interested in these organs, Ernes, under a desperate cry, cut out one of them. After examining the organ, which looked like a greenish, bloody ball, under the half-crazed gaze of a humanoid, he made an incision and opened it.

 

Inside, there was an abundance of sponge-like plant tissues that were filled with green liquid. After pouring some liquid on his hand, which was still wearing a white glove, Ernes released blue energy.

 

After sitting there for a few seconds, he finished studying and removing the energy, threw the liquid to the ground. When the liquid hit the greenish grass, the grass, as if alive, quickly absorbed it.

 

"Now it is more clear what this species is. Most likely, they are a related species to the devourers. This green liquid contains a DNA structure similar to devourers.  Although these two races are very different, you can even say that they are the opposite. If the devourer is initially unintelligent, with a strong body and have a weak soul. The forest people are intelligent, have a weak body, but a strong soul. Interestingly, most likely the progenitor of these two races was a being who impoverished several laws in himself.

 

And this means proximity to super-dimensionality, or super-dimensionality itself. Okay, most likely this creature is no longer here or has died. It's time to test the brain and soul of this creature."

 

Moving to the head and lifting it vertically, Ernes, ignoring the humanoid's wheezing, cut off his hair. After feeling the structure of the skull, he began to slowly make an incision in a circle.    

 

After a few minutes, the skin, and then the cranium, was removed, revealing the brain, which, like the organs, had some plant fibers. The brain itself was not like a person with two equal hemispheres, he had several layers located on top of each other, of which there were about four.

 

"From such a structure of the brain, I can conclude that this is the reason for their stronger soul. Hmm, if I had more time, I would have studied its structure better. Okay, let's move on to the soul." 

 

Taking out the soul needle, Ernes stuck it right into the open, beating heart, finally relieving the humanoid from suffering. Soon, blue energy began to flow into the needle. After a few minutes, having stopped flowing, a ball of energy formed in the needle, one and a half times the size of previously human souls.   

 

Having risen, Ernes directed his pure spiritual energy into the needle, which enveloped the soul of a representative of the forest people. After a few seconds, he removed his energy and while outside, the soul emulation launched a yellow rush into the rod, Ernes in the spiritual space, began to ponder the information received.  

 

Stream 1. "After spending a small amount of my pure spiritual energy, I learned quite a lot of interesting things. Their soul has a better structure and the amount of energy generated than human ones, and this provides them with great opportunities for management rashu. Due to the pain experienced, part of the personality in the soul has collapsed, which will facilitate its complete purification. I think their race will be a great target for absorbing spiritual energy."

 

Stream 2. "Now it is clear what exactly the possibility of communicating with plants described in the books means. I felt a tiny echo of the law in their soul. Because of my condition, I can only feel its presence a little. If this is the case, then most likely my thoughts about their origin from a supersized being are correct. In order for the law to be preserved in the souls of descendants, in so many generations, a supersized being of at least 2 levels is necessary. Of course, if a creature specifically wants to create descendants with its own law, then it is also possible to do this at level 1."

 

 

1