Chapter 51. Disapproval
33 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After a while, only a heterogeneous blue energy remained in the spiritual needle. After examining her, Ernes directed his spiritual energy to absorb the remnants of the soul of the representative of the forest people into the spiritual space.

 

After finishing the absorption and removing the needle, he walked around the battlefield to collect the blades he had thrown earlier. After taking one last look at the brutal carnage, Ernes went on. At the same time, in the spiritual space, observing the sphere of pure spiritual energy, the true Ernes pondered.

 

Stream 1. "When will it be possible to modify the soul needle to its newer version capable of absorbing pure spiritual energy from the immediate environment, it will be necessary to create a way to transmit it at a distance.  After that, set them on the border between the Krozar Empire and the Empire of Flerma. It will only be necessary to create several conflicts between two races that disliked each other."  

 

Stream 2. "Hmm, with enough souls of the forest race and my higher level, I will have the opportunity to study the law left in their souls. Since I noticed him,  think it should be a law of not too high a level. Perhaps something related to plant life."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In a well-lit hall, in the center of which was a round table, three people were sitting. They all looked with different expressions at the center of the table, where the image of Ernes leaving the battlefield was visible. 

 

After a couple of seconds, a rather large man, with a full, black beard on his face, turned in the direction of a beautiful woman. His disapproving gaze slid over her smiling face, he asked with incomprehension in his voice.

 

- Annie, what was that? How could you let this happen?

 

Hearing how she was asked a question, Annie removed the smile from her face and took her blue eyes away from the image in the table, looked at the speaker. After thinking it over for a while, she replied in a rather soothing tone.

 

- Gottfried, I understand what you're thinking and I share your concern. At first, when he asked me for devourer for his experiments, this made me worry a lot. But after long observations of these experiments and his psychological state, I came to the conclusion that the prince ... how should I say it ... is less susceptible to emotions. Perhaps this is connected with the assassination attempt and ....

 

She was interrupted by Gottfried's slightly displeased voice.

 

- Why didn't you say so before?

 

- ... At first, I myself tried to influence his behavior in some way, but it was not successful. If I had told you this, the situation would not have changed. Lately I've been starting to think that this is not only due to the assassination attempt, but also to his stronger soul.  

 

By this time, Gottfried's face, looking at the moving image of Ernes, expressed many complex feelings. A few sad words came out of his mouth.

 

- It's not right. A child shouldn't behave like that.

 

Annie, who was looking at him, sighed inwardly. When she was about to say something, a relaxed voice with a note of joy interrupted her.

 

- Gottfried, that's enough, there's no need to worry. I think ion the contrary plus. You noticed how he used this unknown object, didn't you?

 

Looking at the man who spoke, Gottfried answered sullenly.

 

- Yes, it's strange, I don't understand how he uses it. I don't feel the will in him. But this item is able to absorb the soul and somehow transfer it to the user.   Turning to Annie, he asked. – Who created it?

 

Smiling, Annie cast a fleeting glance at the smiling Grim who managed to distract Gottfried from sad thoughts. Then, feigning pride, she replied.

 

- This is Ernes' creation. After all, his words were true, and I was really surprised. Who knew that he would be able to create this item before the great master Kuro.

 

- Did he create it? But how? He wouldn't be able to use his will to create an item.

 

Surprised and forgetting the previous experiences, Gottfried asked. Grim also looked at Annie in surprise, waiting for an answer.

 

- This is due to why I think that his character cannot be changed anymore. You know that his soul is stronger than others, right? So, about six months ago, Ernes told me that with the help of his soul, he has the ability to control the spiritual component of the rashu and even remove it from the body. – Listening, the two opened their eyes wide, in an attempt to believe what was said, Annie meanwhile continued. – After that, he came up with the idea of how to strengthen his soul with the help of the spiritual component of other beings by applying the subject of rashu. So, I gave the idea to the great master Kuro. But apparently our prince beat him to it by creating the item earlier.

 

- That is, you want to say that he controls the object with the help of a spiritual component?

 

Tugging at his beard in thought, Gottfried muttered. Nodding, Annie replied.

 

- It turns out that it is.

 

- But wouldn't the absorbed energy have a detrimental effect on his own soul?"

 

Grim asked worriedly. Shrugging her shoulders, Emmy said with confidence in her voice.

 

- I don't know, but Ernes isn't a stupid boy and he probably won't hurt himself. Just believe in him.

 

Grim pursed his lips tightly and looked at her. Meanwhile, Gottfried, who was sitting in thought, suddenly nodded his head.

 

- It's really a good subject. The Prince did a good job. Especially with this aggressive rashu. – Closing his eyes, he thought about something, sighed. – Come what may, I hope his coldness will not lead to tragedy.

 

There was silence in the room, which was interrupted by Annie's voice.

 

- What exactly does Zig do, I haven't seen him for a long time?

 

Grimm grimaced, leaned back in his chair and said.

 

- He secretly went to the Rusun Empire to settle some difficulties.  His face abruptly changed to a rather malicious smile. – Hee-hee, apparently, his people have become so much involved in the role of loyal subjects of the United Empire that the spies from Rusun decided to eliminate them.

 

Gottfried came out of his reverie and looked at Grimm seriously.

 

- Do not laugh at this, the Rusun Empire is one of the restraining factors for the United Empire. If it wasn't for their enmity with the United Empire, we would have been fighting long ago. As it is, they do not dare to attack Vern directly, fearing Rusun's attack. 

 

- Okay, okay, don't be boring.               

 

Annie, who had been silent all this time, looking at Ernes' actions, suddenly asked.

 

- And how is there a solution to the problem with spies of the United Empire in our country? Is everything already decided?

 

Gottfried stopped abruptly and looked at her. After being silent for a second, he replied in a relaxed manner. But there was uncertainty and struggle in his eyes.

 

- Don't worry... there are some difficulties, but they are minor.

 

Noticing Gottfried's hesitation, Annie decided not to pay attention to her. Looking at Ernes' actions, she thought.

 

- Zarion will soon need my help to move to the next level. I have already prepared the best materials for possible treatment if it fails. It's a pity he's in too much of a hurry, eh, he's like him in that."

 

When her thoughts reached this point, her mood plummeted, and she decided to temporarily drop them.

 

1