Chapter 1** The Dragon King’s Search **
142 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The planet of Seal was quite large and had many people that could cultivate. There were natural and normal beasts, as well as herbs and flowers. There were people who couldn’t cultivate as well as the potential insane type people who either cultivated too much or had cultivated the wrong way. There were flying equipment’s and special elemental techniques. There were many different jobs and some of them required unique cultivators to do them.

Most towns were above land, but some palaces were below, and some people stayed as their creature all the time, and some didn’t change to their creature at all…

It seemed that in the last millennium, cultivators matched themselves with others, to what their inner creatures were, as it became obvious that it was more effective to create children with better foundations to help with cultivation. It wasn’t as easy as seeing it and knowing, as one doesn’t know the others creature unless they touch, or it is showcased. Even hearing rumours could be wrong and it is often the case that people don’t listen to rumours because of all the times that they had been wrong.

Then, after knowing if the creature was one that could match your own, it might not match the status that one would want to have, such as an Alpha, a dominating type of creature, didn’t particularly want to be with an omega, a submissive type creature, much preferring a higher status instead.

 

The best that people could cultivate, before the time of match making, was the 'Creature Realm', but now people have been able to advance to the Mental Mind Realm, that goes beyond it and gets people excited because they would be one step closer to the 'Immortal Realm' and 'Ascension Realm'.

When one turns eighteen and is cultivated from the first realm called 'Physical Realm', then one can enter into the ‘Creature realm’. This Creature Realm has many different ways to cultivate afterwards, depending on what creature that you become.

If one were that of a lion creature, cultivating strength and leadership would be the normal way to go, as the lion creatures were already kings in a country. If one were a dung beetle, then they may choice otherwise…

But also depending upon what your choice to learn with the 'Creature Realm' that benefits mostly your creature and status, you can advance towards the Mental Mind Realm faster.

Cultivation in Seal, if one were to look up the basics, was based upon a person's body in the first part, their creature in the second part, their mind in the third, then for the fourth part they have to combine them so that they could become immortal…For the last part, the Ascension Realm, it is not well known how one is get there, but people know that it is a Realm which made immortal people as strong as God’s…There was a difference between that of an Immortal and God. An immortal may never die and they have powers, but it wouldn’t be enough to eradicate a whole planet…The difference was indeed quite large…

 

It wasn't an easy road, as it wasn't just running and being fit that would make you pass the Physical Realm, it was getting your body to be quick, agile, flexible, hearing, sight, taste...

The problem was, the only time one could advance after that, is becoming the age of eighteen, making a child not able to know what their creature is and could only guess with what creatures their parents are...It is unknown why this is how it is, but once the creature is then identified, that is when you can reach new peaks and how far or good you may marry or get a job in.

Sadly, just like the will of the jungle, with which creature you are, it may give you a good job or you may not marry well...It is said to be luck...Some think of it as destiny...But...Was it luck to be bullied when you should have had a lion as your creature, when your father was one, but end up having a hyena as a creature instead, because of your mother?

The strong did prey upon the weak and fairness had only gradually come forth five hundred years ago, when the dragon had taken his place to become the King of Kings.

It was not an easy task, to put a line down that had never existed before, and still, that line that was there as law to not prey upon the weak in a predatory way, was still being stepped over. It could be said that nature was really running its course and did as it did in the bush lands, outback or deserts...As the normal animals lived that way as well. But, as humans who could cultivate, the Dragon King did not find honour in people killing others just because they were more powerful. He did not see a point in making the weaker masses want to stick together and perhaps in time want to find revenge, as it had already been done at least once before, many years ago.

And since the Dragon King had reached the Immortal Realm, he was by far the strongest cultivator in the world and was able to scare people just by looking at them, helping him achieve his goals.

Stories and whispers had been heard about this Dragon King, yet, it had been a long time since he has come into the public eye. It wasn’t even sure if he was still alive, up there on his mountain palace.

Five hundred years ago, it was told that the Dragon King was waiting for his Phoenix, but the knowledge had not been renewed and people had slowly thought of it as a myth, as the time continued to go by.

 

Sadly, there were still those who had the power to defy these new laws and they would do it in secret. Those who had courage, would also cross this line in secret and thus, 42 years ago, when a Phoenix became known to have come onto the planet of Seal, the Phoenix disappeared not long after coming of age, already becoming enslaved with a master…

Previously, enslavement didn’t use to involve too much cultivation. Being able to enslave someone was only because one had cultivated through their creature, such as apes, dogs and wolves who had a great self-control…But, since cultivators were able to cultivate into the Mental Mind Realm now, enslavement had become a lot more used. It was a simple procedure of hypnotizing and replacing a person’s wants and desires with their master’s, giving them a connection as well. Using the enslavement technique from the mental Mind Realm also let a cultivator be able to take someone more powerful as well, in which case made it a lot more popular.

Since their creature may have a slave, and themselves as well, two slaves could be loyal, and things would be a lot easier for them. They don’t have to pay their slaves, and only had to give them what they really need to survive and there was no need to worry about them running when one could call them. If their slave didn’t come to them, it was most likely because they couldn’t, not because they won’t. Yet, there have been cases that ‘slaves’ had run away from the creatures lesser strengthened type of enslavement technique…

 

It wasn’t unheard of, that someone’s life would disappear suddenly, because it did happen at least twice a month…But for the Dragon King, he had lost his connection as soon as the master obtained the Phoenix in their power. He had an idea upon where she had been and immediately flew towards her. Yet, he had not been fast enough and by the time he was scouring the capital, that the connection had led him too, the connection was snapped clean off and as far as he was aware, it was because the Phoenix had perished.

Sadness had travelled through him at that time, as he released a frightening roar, making close by people become aware of him once again.

Through the Dragon King’s sudden appearance, more appropriate measures were taken to secure the Phoenix and she had been hidden away even more thoroughly.

But, through this, it was obvious that not only was the Dragon King still very much alive, but that perhaps his Phoenix has really come!

…For years he had thought of her as dead, or in the process of being reborn, only to be suddenly once again become aware of their connection for a very short time, before it disappeared once again!

From this…He became aware that perhaps she had not perished after all and searched upon what could have happened…

Enslavement was still something around because it was something that happened everywhere. The Dragon King had tried to abolish it, but since so many people did not approve, he decided to do things his way and slowly, secretly, destroy such connections using his main power of lightning.

 

The Dragon King’s lightning was the most impressive power that few had seen and were aware of. If a storm is upon someone whom he had investigated, that he knew had someone enslaved, he would use that storm then to cover his cultivated lightning and break that connection without anyone knowing the wiser. His lightning was definitely powerful enough to cancel a master and slave agreement and even slightly harmed both parties, making that particular idea become something that neither of them can no longer do anymore…The master will no longer be able to enslave, and the slave will no longer be able to have a master.

The Dragon King was no fool though, he would not randomly strike anyone because it could potentially kill those who don’t have a contract and he was also trying to be discrete…

Yet, there were so many connections and so many people who knew how to do this type of cultivation technique, that he would never get on top of it all!

He was strong yes, but with the billions of people upon the planet and using his lightning to break every connection, it would take another five hundred years to reach the conclusion of no one doing enslavement ever again…He had to find another way! A much faster method!

…Especially if…His beloved Phoenix was in this predicament! It was uncertain, but after getting information and a few months of looking into the issue, it seemed that her enslavement was the most valid answer…Which only led the Dragon King to believe that the Phoenix might be an Omega, or not as powerful as he had originally thought…

 

It wasn’t like he knew a great deal about his Phoenix, he just felt her missing presence all the years that he’d been alive.

From the very point of knowing his creature was a dragon, he cultivated to find this information in secret. By the time he became immortal, his main objective was always to find his other half. Yet, it didn’t tell him the type of person that the Phoenix was. It didn’t tell him how long it would take to find her, or if she was as perfect for him as he feels she would be…

Even though he had started to think that the Phoenix may not be as powerful and perhaps even an Omega, it did not change his mind one bit. His dragon creature was still very obsessed and so was he…

Getting to know her could happen after she is safely in his arms, and if she needed saving before then…Well, his ego seemed happy to show her his power!

Yes, there was no mistaking the inner personality that he has hidden, due to so many years of enduring loneliness. His excitement to meet her was even a little scary. His dragon wanted to pounce and run around her at least a hundred thousand times to make up for all the years they’d been without her!

But, at least he had gotten some news and ideas on what could be happening and since it seemed like she could be enslaved, he will continued to search for her and use the storms to disconnect master’s and servant’s.

 

It was after all, another step closer to his goal of having her by his side. He wasn’t waiting for her anymore, he was positive she was real and here on this planet…Now…He just had to find her…Wherever she is…

 

***

 

In the country of ‘Questro’, the King there had personally seen the rainbow show itself in the bright daylight, with absolutely no cloud cover. He, a mosquito creature, was a survivor and his descendants had told him a long time ago about a rumour of a Phoenix and what the Phoenix may be able to do.

There were quite a number of things listed, which half of them had been made up, yet, many people were sure that some things on the list was something that the Phoenix could do!

Healing with tears, any type of sickness…The feathers of a Phoenix was used for more then one thing, but the most rewarding one was putting the feathers into weapons or equipment that could enhance it two-fold and personalising it to a specific person, so that no one else could touch it. Her presence sends out the feeling of calm serenity and just a look upon the Phoenix can bring a man down in the dumps, hope for a new future…

What this King was more intrigued about, was apparently the blood of a Phoenix was special and unique, especially to creatures such as his own!

He wanted to see what her blood could do!

…The list dragged on, and since it had been so long since a Phoenix was on the planet Seal, tests would have to be done to see which ideas on the list were real or not.

At first, it was not thought of at all, that the Phoenix had finally shown itself, as it had been centuries since the knowledge that the Dragon King wanting his soul mate had been let out. But, seeing a rainbow so brightly lit in the sky, and to those who saw it, they knew it meant something!

They just weren’t sure of what it was…As, it wasn’t a common occurrence to see half a rainbow, without any cloud cover or rain…It definitely had to mean something!

…This first half rainbow signified the Phoenix’s first birth, it went over much land, possibly a quarter of the planet, and so…The exact location of a little girl being born, could possibly be anywhere!

 

***

 

I was told a number of things from my first father ‘Brendon’, before he was killed.

If I wasn’t told something, I have thought about it a few times and filled in the gaps myself. I could be wrong, yet, what does it matter…Wasn’t it in the past?

Now that I was reborn once again, just like the second time, I became a small infant that had no mother or father.

…Last time, I was scattered all the way into a whole other country!

This time…Was much the same…

I had been first born in Questro, and in my second life, I had gone to Dura…Now, it seemed I had gone all the way to Ceptily…

I was on the outskirts, near the border, in a bush, and I was still quite depressed to my situation.

For eighteen years, I had to figure out what I was going to do with my life…

I knew my weakness, of that being easily taken by a master and knew that was not a life I wish to obtain…No…I wanted a chance…A chance to live a life properly, fully…

 

The problem was, I was learning…Learning that tears and begging did not help…Much the same as fear.

I had grown to hate humans very much to how they had treated me and was completely aware now of how cruel they could be. At first, yes, I did cry and beg, but it brought me nothing but the continuation of them not caring and using me and my creature. So, in my second life, since I had died before, I wasn’t as afraid as I used to be. Many people fear death, yet, it was something I didn’t have to fear, and it made me slightly stronger. So, instead of crying and begging, I would glare at those who treated me with cruelty and even though it got me into more trouble, what was there to be afraid of? Wouldn’t it be better to be killed and be able to restart my life?

But again, I had been wrong, because torture became worse after that and so I had to stop glaring and endure…But I no longer cried as much as I used to.

I was determined, even since nearing the end of my first life, that I wanted change, that I didn’t want a master and I had come to a decision…It’s just…

The Dragon I saw in my last seconds of my previous life popped into my head and I really did wonder on what to do.

I felt it in my heart, that he was my destiny, but how was I to find him!?

It really was a predicament, as before I saw that Dragon, I was fully intending on breaking my cultivation base and becoming a waste…But…Now…

I needed time to think of what I was going to do and how I was going to do it!

Luckily, I had eighteen years to figure it out!

 

Not letting out the smallest of whimpers to my state of being an infant, I stayed where I was, knowing that I probably wouldn’t die of hunger…All I needed to do was cry…And crying could be a curse, making me all better again from the beatings I used to obtain. My master’s hated that the most about me and so they would beat me again and again, just because I would heal myself at the same time. The longest I was taking a beating for, was sixteen hours, and the reason why it stopped, was because the master was too tired to continue…

It wasn’t like I didn’t feel the effects of starving, as my belly would grumble, and I’d have a dire need to want to eat. So, I’d figured out that there was only one thing would start the phase that I would have to do to combust into ash and be reborn once again, and that was a knife to the heart. Well, it wasn’t just a knife, a sword would suffice, or anything with teeth…Damage to my heart seemed to be the only thing that would start the process of the Phoenix dying…

I had been through quite an amount of ways where a normal human’s life would end, yet mine had not. Being beaten so dreadfully bad that I was unable to move…It was healed…

Slitting my wrists, having been unable to handle the tragic experience at the time, it had healed.

It really was a curse, because after the dreadful times of wishing that I had a human life, but staying alive because of my creature…I felt like another type of death did take me. My wants and desires…My life in general, my fears…It all felt wrong…

1