Volume 2, Chapter 1
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rage within!

 

“Boar-Ring!” Sharlae said, looking at her master.

It was a common thing that she said these days…

Ever since being able to be enslaved, she had been enslaved by coyotes, this time though it was a boar creature that had become her master.

Seeing that Nathanial completely ignored her, like usual, Sharlae sighed.

“Aren’t you going to be late to do your job!?” She said, seeing that the sun had risen a while ago now.

Seeing Nathanial get up and leave, not speaking a word to her, Sharlae got up to.

If she was more than ten meters away from her master, she would be hurt and well, there was no other option but to just follow after, as that was implemented into her enslavement contract.

 

Over so many years, her life has gone to nothing. Her name wasn’t even known!

She was called the ‘Serpent Beast’ that did whatever she was told.

From one master, she had tried to run, making this ten-meter radius added into her enslavement contract.

With another master, she had tried to hurt them back, which added on another rule to her enslavement contract that she could not touch her master.

She had tried to curse, which only gave her another rule of not speaking…

This master though had been different, and she wished that she had taken the chance, when she had it, to become free.

 

Nathanial didn’t want anything to do with her because of the past. She had been ordered to kill his parents after all but…She really did stuff herself up!

He had taken all the rules off the enslavement contract and let her do as she pleased but she had killed someone, making her have to come back to Nathanial’s side.

After that, he had scolded her once, had spoken of what she had done and how she could be such a beast but since then…He had ignored her.

It had been three years since then and Nathanial was what you would call a nanny for little Omega children.

She knew that by rights he should be something else, over everything that he had gone through, but this man never seemed to complain to the coyote Alpha Master.

 

He was a Beta, which was good enough to be in a main group of the coyotes, but no, his father had been a boar and he had inherited his father’s creature.

He had been bullied for god knows how long but Sharlae couldn’t remember much of him until he was her actual master.

To get a job that took care of the little Omega children, while the mother’s and father’s where out doing something else, made her pity him.

What was it that made him accept this so easily? Why didn’t he just leave?

She knew that the boar was loyal and all but why can’t he be loyal to someone else!?

 

Whatever!

Sharlae sat down close to Nathanial and watched as the last ‘Nanny’ told him about any of the children.

This nanny had the night watch and so her job was much easier than Nathanial’s. The children would sleep most of the time, only to be awake for Nathanial to make sure that the children don’t get into trouble.

Of course, sometimes they were lucky and only had one or two to worry about, but it was at least one or two all of the time.

The children did not interest Sharlae whatsoever, what she disliked though, was that sometimes even those little, cheap, Omega things were the ones bullying her master…

 

Nathanial was soft to the kids, even when they were nasty, and Sharlae could barely stand it.

Sometimes she thinks he is talking to her, when he speaks to the children but…She can never be sure, he was so…Apathetic when it came to her…

It was only her that was ignored!

How had she come to this!?

She was at the mercy of her Serpent creature’s enemies and enslaved to them!

Hadn’t the Dragon King done well!

Oh…Didn’t she hate him!

She wished she could get revenge, she wished it wholeheartedly but no…He was gone…

He had been gone for at least a century now…Gone with the undeserving Phoenix…

To leave her here still able to be enslaved.

 

How did she deserve this!?

The Phoenix had lived three lives enslaved, she on the other hand was living well more than three lives being enslaved!

This wasn’t fair!

This wasn’t what she ever thought would be her life!

She should be bowed to and respected!

Didn’t they care that I was obviously in Immortal Realm? She asked this for the thousandth time. Didn’t they notice at all that I am much more special than they are!?

 

Over so much time, her hatred was still there but at least it wasn’t all that she had.

She had never thought that something else would cause her to feel anything else but after being free a few years ago, and then only to come back to rules and enslavement again…Sharlae had started to question some other things.

There was one particular thing that was starting to stand out right now and that was how much was this person going to endure before he was to change?

It was intriguing, giving her something to look forward too.

He seemed to have forgiven the coyote pack for killing his parents as he is so loyal to them still…Yet, Sharlae was sure that he was hiding something!

When will this man snap!?

She could hardly wait!

 

Every now and again she would try to drive him closer to snapping, by teasing him or continuously bringing up his weakness of being a boar…The only boar in the band of coyotes. But never…Not once does he look as though any of it gets to him! Well, not unless you add on the occasional discrete getaways that he might do, otherwise, there’s nothing!

…Which only made her more intrigued!

“You remind me of someone, you know.” Sharlae stated, looking through the window. She rarely spoke of her past and she was never asked about it, but today, today she couldn’t stop herself!

Why was it that she was ignored by everyone now?

She wasn’t invisible, she was there, but the children, these little, Omega things treated her like air too!

It made her so…Angry!

 

“The beast is talkative today, Nathanial. Should we get her to do something?”

Sharlae glared at the child that was looking directly at her and saw them flinch and walk away.

“Perhaps you should try not speaking for a while and understand? Mmm?” Her master stated, yet not looking in her direction.

Sharlae scoffed and looked away, “The Dragon King, he was calm like you. He rarely showed that anything got to him.”

“You knew the Dragon King!?” One of the children stated, but Sharlae looked at Nathaniel, and for the first time in a long time, he looked directly back at her.

“I felt sorry for the Dragon King, he waited five hundred years for his undeserving Phoenix yet never got angry about it!”

Nathaniel frowned and looked away, “They were destined mates.”

“So what!?” Sharlae yelled.

 

“Serpent Beast, we know that you are lying, so stop talking now!” One of the children said haughtily.

Again, Sharlae scoffed and glared at the child, “Oh? Lying? Let me tell you, I was beside him for a long time, you little brat!”

“I don’t believe you!” The child stated, yet did not show any more courage, even taking a small step away from Sharlae.

“I don’t care if you don’t believe me! I was just stating…” Sharlae then looked at Nathaniel. “…I was just stating that he’s similar…That’s all…”

“Haha, how could a boar creature come close to the Dragon King!? That sounds stupid!” The child stated, again finding some courage.

Sharlae sighed and looked out the window, “Yeah…I suppose it does…”

 

No longer feeling the urge to chat, Sharlae went quiet and the rest of the day went by like normal.

Upon following her master back to where he slept, which was away from everyone else, Sharlae watched him bathe, eat and then get into his cramped bed. She did have the chance to clean herself, but it wasn’t like the rest of them. To them, she was a slave and didn’t deserve more then a small bowl of water! Her bed wasn’t like that of others either, she just had the floor and a small blanket, that’s it…No soft mattress or even enough room for her to spread her body in stretching, no…It was cramped and…It made her angry all the time!

Her style of living, she knew how bad it was because of how she used to live!

 

“Stop looking at me.”

Sharlae raised her eyebrows and couldn’t believe that he had finally said something to her. Twice, twice in one day, he had spoken to her. “Who would want to look at you!?”

“You are only lying to yourself now.” Was all he said, still facing away from her, bundled up in his blankets.

“To have so much courage!” Sharlae yelled out and looked away angrily.

She was the Golden Winged Serpent!

She was in the Immortal Realm!

How dare people treat her like this!

 

“If you’re so angry all the time, you’ll never find something to make you happy.”

Sharlae looked over at the bulge in the bed and scoffed, “So what? If something bad happens to someone, don’t they have a right to want revenge?”

Seeing the person on the bed turn around and look directly at her, Sharlae blinked…

“I learnt some time ago that revenge is just emotions. It doesn’t help with a future or a present time of living, it’s just…How you feel…”

Looking back at her master, Sharlae shook her head, “Even if revenge was taken against me, to make me become this, isn’t there a time where it should stop!? Why!? Why have I come to this!?”

“Do you think you deserve something? Something good or something bad?” He asked.

 

Sharlae smirked, “I had done enough to deserve the Dragon King, yet he never looked at me! From the moment I got to the Immortal Realm, I was the only one that he deserved!”

“Obviously, if you deserve something or not, it was not the right answer. If it was, wouldn’t you be with him now?”

Stopping, Sharlae stared at her master and sighed. “The Phoenix…She ruined everything! I hate her!”

“The Phoenix…I believe that she is long gone from Seal now. Don’t you think she would laugh at you or not even remember your name and here you are loathing her…”

Narrowing her eyes, Sharlae took a step closer to her master, “She’d remember me! I was the one that cursed her after all!”

Seeing Nathanial widen his eyes, Sharlae smirked and put a handout to touch his face, to which he moved away from.

“You really are a bad person!”

 

Watching him turn over, Sharlae stopped smirking and sat down, looking through the window.

Why had he suddenly talked to me? She wondered.

It was…So strange yet…She liked being seen and heard for a change.

Being ignored so much had been intolerable! She should be their master, not the other way around!

Yet, after so long of being ignored and treated like a slave…It was finally nice to have a normal conversation once again.

Putting her head on her legs, Sharlae slowly fell to sleep, not realizing that this new change had only lasted this long because…It was back to normal in the morning.

She was once again…Ignored…

 

***

 

Another two months went by and Sharlae started to get irritated once again.

She watched and watched as her master was given the heavy burdens and that he still continued to get bullied by the young and old.

He never changed though!

He was always so loyal and never showing that any of it hurt him!

How could he act like that!?

She simply didn’t get it!

 

“You really irritate me!” She stated, not for the first time and she doubted it would be the last!

There was no response from Nathanial, only making her more vexed and so she stopped him from walking and put a finger to his chest, feeling slight pain due to touching her master, “You are stupid, like you agree to what everyone says! Don’t you have any pride!?”

Nathanial swiped at her hand, then went to walk around her but she stopped him once again. “Aren’t you angry that they treat you this way!? Aren’t you feeling worthless!?”

“Stop it!” He growled.

“Oh…Have I stepped on some sort of weakness, uh!?” She stated back, letting him pass.

Again, he ignored her and Sharlae smiled.

Was he ready to snap now?

 

Normally, her master would eat, bathe and then go to bed, but tonight was different.

She frowned as she saw him walk through the woods and rushed up to him, “You…You are feeling it aren’t you!?”

“Shut up!” He yelled, running off.

Sharlae raced up to be beside him, and then smiled, “It seems tonight might be a bit of fun for a change!”

Never did she see him do anything else when he seemed like he was unable to handle something.

On the rare occasion, Nathanial did go elsewhere, acting like a coyote, instead of that of a boar.

He’d be sneaky and steal something, yet his boar would seem to make a show later, as he would give whatever he had stolen to someone who needed it.

 

This was the only time that Sharlae thought that her master was showing that he was having problems.

He did not tell anyone that he did this, keeping it a secret all this time, but how funny would it be when they found out!?

She went forward, following her master with happiness and even helped him by blowing air at something to become a distraction, as Nathanial got away with what he had stolen.

It wasn’t even anything big, to which Sharlae always thought was a loss of a good opportunity!

Small things that weren’t treasures, like that either food or something that wasn’t as special as something beside it…It was always something that wouldn’t be as bad if it suddenly disappeared!

 

Upon finding himself not being followed, Nathanial leaned against a tree and sat down.

He covered his ears and closed his eyes.

“I think it’s time, dearest master, that your so-called stupid band of coyotes knows of what you do every now and again.”

Sharlae only taunted him by saying this but knew it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

This is somewhat of what coyotes do, so their response to a respect wouldn’t even be that bad…It was more so what they could tease him with. It would be something along the lines of him acting and wanting to be a coyote, even though he was a boar…Yes, they would tease him a great deal because of this!

Looking at her master, in this state, Sharlae could see how they could potentially tease him of being a wannabe coyote and wondered if that would make him finally snap!

 

Bending down, to what looked like a little boy in front of her for a moment, Sharlae stared at him. “Are you finally breaking, master?”

“Don’t!” Was all he said.

“Don’t what? Tell them? Call you master?” Sharlae moved her head to the side. “Don’t what?”

“Don’t make things that I can’t change, something that I can’t accept!” He yelled at her suddenly.

Sharlae saw his eyes flash and she was silent for a moment.

Things that he can’t change…

Things that she can’t change…Like that of the undeserving Phoenix being the Dragon King’s destined mate…

Right…That was something she hadn’t been able to change and something she hadn’t accepted…

Is he saying that she should have just accepted it?

 

No way!

Why!?

Why should she accept it!?

She had power to change things!

“Weak! Pathetic!” She said through clenched teeth.

Watching him as he suddenly got up and looked calm once again, he looked right at her and said, “No, you are weak and pathetic. I was stupid to let your words get to me!”

What!?

Sharlae laughed, she hadn’t laughed in ages!

She was weak and pathetic?

 

“That’s right…You! You are the one that selfishly thinks that things should go your way! Did you not say you cursed the Phoenix? Then…You deserve to be cursed in return!”

His words only made her shake her head and laugh a bit more, “Yet, you are the one that doesn’t think revenge is something worth of obtaining! You speak such nonsense!”

“It’s not done in revenge, you idiot!” He yelled at her.

Sharlae blinked at him and frowned, “If it’s not revenge, then what is it!?”

He smirked at her and wiped at his sweat, “You figure it out!”

Then he walked off, leaving her there.

 

Upon feeling pain, because she wasn’t within ten meters of her master, Sharlae had no choice but to run and catch up to her master but…She was stomped.

She thought this man was smarter…She thought that he would be someone that would make sense!

But now…Now he just came across as stupid!

If the Dragon King had made her to become enslaved, if it wasn’t for revenge, then what was it?

Obviously, the Dragon King would find it hard to kill her and enslaving her was what she had done to the Phoenix so…All she could come up with, was that this was revenge…

“I think you’ve gone crazy, master.” Sharlae stated, sure of herself.

“I think your definition of crazy differs to mine, serpent beast!” He stated, still walking.

 

“Well,” Sharlae stated, “My definition of crazy is you not understanding and coming up with useless words just to go against me.”

Nathanial stopped and stared at her, shaking his head, “I meant what I said.”

Sharlae smirked and got closer to him, “Hence my definition. You probably don’t even have a reason, you just told me to figure it out because you have no idea!”

He narrowed his eyes at her, “If there’s anyone that has no idea, it’s you!”

Sharlae laughed, “I beg to differ, master. I have been alive more then you and really…You’re just a fledgling, a little child…”

Nathanial interrupted her, “That makes your situation look worse, serpent beast. It’s probably best if you stopped talking! You’re only coming across as more of an idiot!”

1