AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- *CHOKES VIOLENTLY* …. hahahahaha…
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[The first day after the event]

"Um, mom?" Stella called he mother out who was sitting in the middle of her and Ernesti. Overseeing their education about magic.

"Yes, dear?" He r mother answered as she shifted her attention towards Stella.

Stella brought up her index finger and pointed at line on the book she was reading. "What does this line mean?"

"Hm," Selestina read the line and paraphrased it. "…it means that to cast a spell, one must first put in command. For example, the speed, potency, range, and the amount of mana needed for the spell desired. Did you get it? Or do I still need to dumb it down?"

Stella curtly shaked her head as she answered. "No, you don't need to. I fully understand it now."

"Mom," Ernesti's voice called out. "Hm?" Selestina turned her attention back towards Ernesti.

"I want to ask about how this works…"

"…."

[The 10th day after the event]

Ernesti closed his eyes and imagined the sequence of commands needed for the spell to work. It was an ignition spell.

Shortly after, the candle a couple feet away lit up, signalling that the spell was a success. Selestina wore a happy expression and spoke. "Congrats, Ernie!"

"Now, now. I'm next." Stella spoke and walked at the same position where Ernesti previously was and closed her eyes.

The candle lit with a hot blue fire as the candle quickly melted down in a visible rate from the heat the flame was emitting.

'Looks like the spell was more potent after I changed and added some procedures in the sequence. Hm, it looks like I won't be able to make sure how potent my mana is in this case though.'

The blue fire went out as the candle was no more. Selestina looked at Stella curiously and asked. "Stella, what did you do in order to make the flame colour blue?"

Stella turned her head to face her mother and lazily answered. "I changed some of the procedures to make the spell more attuned to my mana and also added the line: "Burn more oxygen", which worked wonders on improving the spell."

She turned towards her brother and saw how Ernesti looked at her like she was some kind of prodigy born every half millennium. His eyes showed a glint of enlightenment though.

She turned back towards her mother and asked. "Can I go and learn swordsmanship with father now…?" Yes, she is good and creative with magic even thought she didn't ask some boosts on it.

But her talent truly shines when she holds a sword and swings them. If not for her body's restriction, she would've already been considered an official sword-saint.

Her mother smiled and spoke. "Of course!"

[3 months, 1 week, and 3 days after the event]

"Hey Stella, what books are we going to read today?" Ernesti asked as they slowly walked towards one of the bookshelves present in the manor's library.

Stella lagged for a second before resuming walking. "I don't really know. How about additional magical theorems that you could maybe help once you start creating your own Silhouette Knight?"

Stella climbed up the ladder and slowly took a book out. As she finished taking it out, she threw the book towards Ernesti who was right below. "Catch…"

Ernesti snags the book and places it on a table nearby, quickly returning. Stella took out another book and threw it at Ernesti.

The cycle repeats after they had 6 books they wanted to read about. As they finished, they went to their room.

As they were about to leave the door opened and revealed their grandfather, Lauri Echevalier.

Their grandfather smiled at them. "Hello Ernie-chan, Hello Stella-chan." He spoke. "Hello, grandpa!" The twins greeted.

"What books are you carrying today?" Lauri asked the two. "Um, magic theorems…?" Ernesti answered. "Don't forget that you're also carrying one about silhouette knights magic operation systems." Stella added.

"Is that so?" Lauri spoke. "I guess you really want to be a knight runner, Ernie." He smiled more warmly at the two. "Do your best, you two."

"Grandpa, Ernie is more likely aiming to create a mech of his own with how much he learns of Silhouette Knights instead of actual training. Maybe he should become a scholar instead." Stella added with a teasing smirk.

"Hey!" Ernesti shouted in protest.

[6 months and exactly 4 weeks after the event.]

"Ha!" Ernesti shouted as he swung down his sword.

Clang!

The sound of metal clashing echoed as Stella parried the attack Ernesti flung at her with a bored expression present on her face.

They were a having a daily spar as arranged by their father with Mathias as overseer.

Stella let the sword go, with only one hand on the handle of the sword. She raised the sword and swung down.

Ernesti raised his sword horizontally, with the blade flat and hand under. Stella however, shifted the direction of the sword diagonally.

Her sword evaded Ernesti's as she did a spin kick, knocking the air out of Ernesti. "Come on, brother. Try harder, what's with your swordsmanship –?" Stella asked with a bored expression but was cut.

"I'm not a monster like you!" Ernesti shouted. "I don't progress in magic as quick as you! (Even though I should have the clear advantage)"

"I have even less physical talent than you, seeing that I am smaller than you by 1 inch!" Stella stayed quiet. "You have a literal one in a couple millenniums level talent in swordsmanship!"

"You excel in everything there is to be a Knight Runner!"

His words made Stella flinch.

Stella finally spoke after she heard his last sentence. "Everything you say?" She asked. "Do I know as much as you with the Silhouette knights?"

"Do I put as much effort as you in learning them!? Do I have as much obsession as you to build one yourself?! Do I posses those qualities?!" She asked in a raised, angry tone.

Her words stunned Ernesti as he finally thought of it. His special qualities. His sister didn't have them. That is his specialty. "I…"

"Do you understand now?" Stella smirked. "You have qualities that I don't have. Make use of them, and you'll surpass me in other ways. That is your worth."

Stella spoke as she handed her hand towards Ernesti. "NEVER CHALLENGE THE LEVIATHAN IN WATER, FOR IT SHALL ONLY SWALLOW YOU. CHALLENGE IT IN SOMEWHERE IT CAN'T REACH YOU."

Ernesti's eye gleamed with enlightenment as he accepted Stella's hand and stood up. "Ready to continue our daily spar now?"

Ernesti nodded as his heart pounded with power and his will burned with a new passion like a wildfire.

[Change POV] {Mathias, the twin's father}

The kids were having the daily sparring that I arranged for them. They also have some spars with me just to not let them get used to only one opponent.

Clang!

Stella parried Ernie's attack and held her sword with only one hand. She swung her sword down as Ernie tries to defend from the attack.

I saw Stella smirk as she redirected the swords direction, using the momentum to have additional power and did a spin kick, knocking Ernie on the ground.

"Hah, what a monster. She just redirected an attack mid-swing and used the momentum to kick harder." I mutter with a smirk as I hear another voice beside me.

"Should you really describe our daughter as a monster, Mathias?" Selestina asked. "What else can I describe her as? I can't call her a prodigy since she isn't worthy of it."

I recall what had happened and rethought my words. "No. The title of prodigy isn't even worthy to crown her."

"Oh, really now~?" Selestina answered. "I guess that's true if she can even beat a swordsman like you." She added.

"I'm not a monster like you!" Ernesti shouted. "I don't progress in magic as quick as you!" his eyes were partly red.

"Should we stop them?" Selestina asked. "No, let us only stop them if it gets physical. Unlike words, scars will never heal even after death. Let them gradually resolve it themselves." I answer

"I have even less physical talent than you, seeing that I am smaller than you by 1 inch!" Stella stayed quiet as Ernesti continued shouting.

"You have a literal one in a couple millenniums level talent in swordsmanship! You excel in everything there is to be a Knight Runner!" Stella visibly flinched at his words as her fists shake in anger.

Stella finally spoke after she heard his last sentence. "Everything you say?" She asked. "Do I know as much as you with the Silhouette knights?"

"Do I put as much effort as you in learning them!? Do I have as much obsession as you to build one yourself?! Do I possess those qualities?!" She asked in a raised, angry tone as she stared down.

Her words stunned Ernesti as he finally thought of it. His special qualities. His sister didn't have them. That is his uniqueness. "I…"

"Do you understand now?" Stella's anger magically disappeared as she  smirked. "You have qualities that I don't have. Make use of them, and you'll surpass me in other ways. That is your worth."

Stella spoke as she handed her hand towards Ernesti. "NEVER CHALLENGE THE LEVIATHAN IN WATER, FOR IT SHALL ONLY SWALLOW YOU. CHALLENGE IT IN SOMEWHERE IT CAN'T REACH YOU."

Ernesti's eye gleamed with enlightenment as he accepted Stella's hand and stood up. "Ready to continue our daily spar now?"

Ernesti nodded as his heart burned with a new passion, ready to face the new world with more will than he ever had.

"My! Isn't our daughter much wiser than she seemed to be, Mathias?" Selestina asked me with a smile expecting an answer.

"Yes, her bored and sluggish expression give off that she's lazy… well, she is. But inside is wise and hardworking person I guess."

[1 year, 6 months after the event of change.]

Thud!

Thud!

"Ugh…!" Stella woke up with a grunt as she looked towards her left where Ernesti is. "Hey! Ernesti! A Silhouette Knight is patrolling outside."

Ernesti's body twitched for a few seconds before standing straight off the bed. He rushed towards the window. "Where?!"

He opened moved the curtains and opened the window. "Aghh! My eyes…!" He closed his eyes for a second to let them adjust first then opened them.

Thud!

The pilot operating the Knight stopped in its tracks as it noticed Ernesti beside the window. "Ah, hello young master!" the knight runner greeted.

Ernesti shouted. "Hello mister Knight runner! I wish you a safe and good morning!" The knight runner then turned back to leave after saying 'Than you'.

Ernesti pivoted his face towards Stella who is still partially asleep and shouted. "Sis! A knight runner greeted me."

Stella, still 75% asleep turned and answered with a dazed smiling face that looked stupid. "I see you're as fanatic as before."

"Sis!" Ernesti shouted and completely woke up Stella up. "Hurry and wake up! We still need to eat breakfast and practice!"

Stella looked at him blankly for a dozen seconds before lying back down on the bed and say, "Just 5 more hours, too lazy to do it."

Ernesti walked up to her and shaked her awake. "Sis! Wake up! Where did my overly cool and badass sister go!!! Get out of her body you demon!" He shouted with fake tears. "Fine, Fine!"

They changed clothes and went downstairs to eat breakfast. "Welcome sleepy heads!" the trio of parents and grandfather spoke to them.

"Good morning!" The twins greeted back with a smile. They ate breakfast while talking with each other. It was a happy and energetic morning.

After breakfast, Stella stood up and spoke. "Can we go somewhere with a large space since I need to tell everyone something."

"Ok." The family agreed and went to the training grounds. There were a few Knight runners training them and some people that work at the estate there, but it was a spacious place.

"Firstly, no matter what. Do not freak out, ok? Secondly, do not ask questions and let me answer your silent questions all right?" her family nodded hesitantly. Not once did she act like this before.

Stella turned back and slowly took a couple heavy breathes as she finally chanted. "Oh, God of chivalry."

As she said those words, mana started to escape from her in a form of white lights. "I call upon your shield!" Runes formed a circle.

Inside the circle was different straight lines and curves. Snowflake like shapes got etched into the inside of the circle as a chill of cold spread though the surroundings, even freezing the ground near the magic circle.

The sky blue lights started to gather together and harden on top of the magic circle. "Brandish your sword!" More lights started escaping from Stella as she continued her chant.

"Strike down my enemies with power like no other!" the lights formed a vague "Silhouette" of a knight holding a sword which tip points upwards.

The light around them started swarming like a tornado as Stella shouted the name.

___________________________________________---

___________________________________________---

___________________________________________---

Pffffft..... hahaha.... hahahahaha..... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry to break it to you, but this is where the chapter ends.

PFFFT...!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Like it? Add to library!

1