Skipping grades… I’m too lazy for that
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fundamentals of Silhouette Knight?! What an amazing class!" Ernesti exclaimed as everyone in the room looked at him, even a kid with red hair and brown eyes looked at him.

"Echevalier, that's the listing for middle school." The teacher reminded him "You'll be studying magical fundamentals, then." He added as Ernesti stood up. "But sir, I want to be a knight runner as fast as possible.

"There are two fundamentals you are lacking: a knowledge of the basics…" The teacher haughtily spoke as he put a stink on Ernesti's head. "And height."

A surprised look dawned upon Ernesti's face, yes, he did have the fundamental knowledge, the very basic of basics down to every fiber of his body, but he was lacking in height.

*Flicker*

Class ended as the four sat on the benches outside with Ernesti busily thinking about how to solve the current problems he needs to face. His height. "XD!"

Stella let out a stifled laugh and looked at Ernesti. "Well, don't let it get you down, Ernie." Kid encouraged him as Ernesti spoke. "The seats are adult sized. I didn't realize that."

"I want to get big fast!" Ernesti exclaimed as Addy hugged him, saying; "No! You need to stay the way you just are!" Addy smudged her face together with Ernesti as he thought about it.

"The way I am…" He muttered softly. "You know, I said it before. If you can't change yourself to suit something else, change something else to suit you." Stella spoke.

"That's it!" Ernesti abruptly stood up out of Addy's grasp and spoke. "If I'm not enough, I'll change things so that I would be enough!"  He turned to stella and spoke. "And I… I'm going to forgive you from laughing at me."

"Yay!" Stella exclaimed. "But that means you need to learn every single part and organ of a Silhouette Knight then." Stella added as Ernesti got into deep thought.

"You what?" Addy and Kid was confused about what they were talking, they couldn't get it. "I'm going to build a Silhouette Knight!"

"A Silhouette Knight? Are you serious?" the siblings were baffled with what he had just claimed. "Yes!" Ernesti turned around and spread his hands. "My very own unit! When it comes to mechs, customizing them is the best!"

"Though if I'm going to customize the entire thing, that'll make learning the design principles even more important." Ernesti put his hand on his chin. "I guess I really need to get out of that magical fundamental class."

The Addy and Kid sweat-dropped and sighed and looked at Ernesti wryly. "You'll get used to it." Stella only shook her head and tapping Ernesti's shoulder. "You could get out of your mumbling habit right now."

A group of kids like their age passed by them, shouting; "You're too slow." "Catch me, if you ever can." "Haha, slowpoke!" It seemed to much alike be not addressed as bullying.

"Wait up, you jerk!" A dwarf with the same age as them and shouted at the passing trio as he slowed down and panted in fatigue. "Give me back my hammer!"

"Who do you think you are, carrying around a brand-new hammer?" One of the bullies spoke as he played with young dwarf's hammer. "That's right!" "Ya dumb dwarf!"

The bullies scurried off, at least they thought they could. Well, they did though. Not for long that is. "What's wrong?" Ernesti spoke as he already new what Stella would do.

"Those guys always mess with me because agility wise, I am slow!" The young dwarf spoke. "And that hammer was the first thing I bought with my own hard-earned money!"

The dwarf wiped his eyes and willed himself to be tough. "I'm going to get it back." He spoke and ran after the bullies who knows where. "Wait, what are you studying here?" Ernesti asked.

"Duh, Ernesti. Dwarfs are Knight-smiths, they don't come here to become knight-runners. They came to perfect their craft over creating Silhouette knights." Stella pointed out. "Yes, she's right, my family has been knight-smiths for generations."

"I'm sorry, I have great respect for people whose professions are related to Silhouette knights. Please let me help you." Ernesti quested the dwarf. "Yeah, yeah. You seem to need help." Stella added.

*Flicker*

The scene changed to an open street with people old and young walking on it. "Come and get it, Batson, you slowpoke!" the bullies chanted as they waved the dwarf whose name revealed to be Batson, around.

"Those guys…" The dwarf growled as Stella turned towards Ernesti. "Hey, Ernesti, Kid, and Addy. Could you perform 'that' spell? I'm going to do something else."

Stella stretched her right hand towards the three as they slowed down visibly. "Slow." Stella chanted as the three did their magic and blasted the dwarf towards the three.

The dwarf hit the three bullies and got his hammer back. "Who are you? What kind of high spells did you master?" Baston asked alarmed by the sudden spells.

Stella smiled happily and introduced herself. "I'm Stella Echevalier. And this is my brother, Ernesti Echevalier. The other two are my friends, Archid and Adeltrud." The three nodded in an approving manner.

*Flicker*

Inside a blacksmith, the sound of strikes from a hammer hitting steel rang out clearly as Stella eagerly watched how the older dwarf who seemed to be Baston's father, made the sword.

She was now interested in blacksmithing since it would maybe help be even more op. Ernesti on the other hand, had other reasons for intently watching.

He was interested in blacksmithing because since he was going to customize a mech of his own design, he had to touch and learn about the arts of bending and application of metals.

"So the two of them teached the both of you magic?" Baston asked Kid and Addy. "Yup," Kid answered. "Impressive huh?" Ernesti looked up and saw swords hanging on the wall, and the cogs inside his mind immediately moved.

He swung his rod around oddly, like a sword. "Aren't rods hard to use?" he spoke. "Huh?" everyone except Stella was curious. "Normally when we use magic, we need a catalyst attached to a device."

"One that lets us transform mana or energy into a magical phenomenon. The common form the device takes is a rod." "You've used that a lot." Baston commented. "For daily life stuff." Ernesti answered. "Just daily life…?"

'Ah, the sweat-drop worthy answer, (for daily life stuff).' Stella commented in her mind as she watched them interact. "But knights should run into problems where they need more precise control over magic."

Ernesti continued as he looked down on the rod he was holding. "Can we change the shape of the rod itself? For example…" he drew an image of a gun on the chalk board. "Like this?"

"What's that?" Baston asked, he was confused to such design. "What a weird rod." Addy commented. A very, very true and factual comment. That's not just a rod.

"I call it gun-like rod. It combines the power of a swords cutting edge and a gun that fire magic." Ernesti explained. "Hoh? That a weird idea you got there, kid." Baston's father commented.

"Yeah, it's weird, out of the norm, very peculiar idea." Stella added. "Stella, stop. Not like any of your ideas aren't as out of the norm as mine." Ernesti returned the comment back.

"Anyways. Mister, if you can try and make one for me, I'll show you what it can do." Ernesti spoke to Baston's father who rubbed his beard in curiosity. "If you talk like that, you must be confident, right?"

"Of course." Ernesti spoke, "And I'll be sure it'll beat the rings my sister created in efficiency." Stella smirked at his words. "Hoh? Is that a challenge? Let's see if it can." Stella spoke.

The rings stella made was made with absolute precision shaped from her utmost concentration. At first, she was just interested in enchanting items, but she managed to create those rings! "I don't think that'll happen."

*Flicker*

The next day after, in which the gun-like rod Ernesti ordered from Baston's father was finished and was ready for testing. The students were in the training field where they were currently training shooting targets.

"The students this year show to be talented." The haughty teacher from yesterday commented as he saw the student's performance compared to the previous batches. "Truly."

Another teacher beside him agreed. "It seems that some of them are show-offs though." The teacher added. "Hey, teach. Me and Ernesti have a request." Stella raised her hand.

"What is it, Echevalier?" The teacher sweat dropped. "If, I and my twin during this mana measurement test show exceeding results of this course, could we be exempted from magical fundamentals?"

"You're still on that nonsense, Echevalier?" The teacher spoke. Stella sighed as she put on a bored face. "I'm very serious about this, Sir." She spoke. "There's a class that we both want to attend during this period."

'Sigh… Dammit, Ernie! Why did I have to be the one to do this, I'm lazy!' Stella thought. "Even if you're the headmaster's children, I can't give you special treatment." The teacher reasoned.

"I know, Sir. So that's why I want you to make a very calm, considered, objective decision." Stella reasoned back. "Being excused from the magical fundamentals class, means that you have the same mana and knowledge as middle school student."

"Of course, Sir." Stella lazily spoke. 'I'm far beyond what middle schoolers are capable of, just you watch.' Stella also thought as she nodded her head towards Addy, Ernesti, and Kid. "Very well." The teacher agreed.

Ernesti stepped unto the training ground and put on a serious look; he was going to put his all in two spells he would be confident in surpassing the measurements for elementary and enter the range of middle schoolers.

"Piercing lance." He softly muttered as he envisioned the process and coding needed for the spell to operate. He waved the gun-like rod to the right as five fiery lances appeared.

He aimed the gun-li… screw it! Screw the repetition of the "gun-like rod" ****! It's too frigging long!

Ernesti aimed the GUN at his targets as they automatically locked on, squeezing the trigger, releasing the fiery lances to their target. Destroying them as he prepared another spell.

"Thundering gale!" he loudly chanted as a lavender hued thunder ran out and destroyed the targets, completely. They were crushed by the sheer power of the spell.

The teacher's snapped out of their trance as they prepared new targets. It was now, Stella's turn to obliterate the targets. Which what she was completely planning to do from the beginning.

"Boundary." Stella softly muttered, but her voice was clearly heard by everyone watching. A barrier of pure translucent white, extending to the reach of the sky boxed in the targets as Stella extended her right hand forward.

The same ornate rings garnished with gems that glew with violent sounding mana burst out of her body. "Burgeoning Conflagration."

Fire emanating of blue and golden flames exploded inside the white box-like barrier. It was so violent, so destructive. Yet so beautiful at the same time.

Alike that of a blossoming rose, but as deadly as any other fire. Ablaze, it glew with a crimson gold hue filtered with the base of  azure beryl flaps of flames.

The spell finished as it did its part, absolutely destroying the targets. Hell! Literally! It melted the stone foundation into molten rock, spewing out radiating heat.

"Fire is a very beautiful thing that lights up the world. It could give warmth that we need…" Stella spoke out as she turned back to face the elementary teachers whose mouths were wide open at the destruction they witnessed.

"And thoroughly kill or purify anything we want if potent enough." She continued and walked out together with Ernesti, Kid and Addy. "Was that a new spell you made? Seriously, how much are you capable of." Ernesti plainly asked.

"Meh, that spell is nothing compared to stopping time temporarily. Time is a vital thing after all." Stella responded and continued walking towards the classrooms of the Middle School Students.

*flicker*

In the classroom, again, Ernesti was overly excited with the class. Enough to ignore the awkward stares the others gave. While Stella boringly stared at the teacher.

"Oh man, I know that stuff already. Or more like Ernesti knows about it." Stella muttered quietly as she ignored the various stares the people gave her.

Although she was taller than what her age tells, she isn't that tall since she was still far from reaching the height of the middle schoolers. The reason they were staring at her was her silver hair.

Silver hair signified one thing, you were from the Echevalier family which runs the city, or you were simple old and the melanin in your hair faded because of it.

Stella was till young, so that meant she was from the Echevalier family. There are currently two children in the main family branch of Echevalier family: Ernesti Echevalier and Stella Echevalier.

Both are prodigies, one in magic and knowledge, and another a complete monster in terms of swordsmanship. Even toppling the measurements for her mana, she mastered every spell she crossed paths with.

Stella was that much of a famous person in the city. The king might even know of her name since she is such a promising talent waiting to be polished into glistening gem of a Knight Runner.

0