Get up the ride
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rumors of 2 elementary students showing off High-Spells and was granted instantly granted the right to take middle school classes quickly spread through the school at the end of the day.

But no one knew that it was only the first step the Echevaliers' would make, people who will in the future revolutionize the world with their knowledge and abilities.

"Hahhh… I'm bored." Stella spoke as she sluggishly sat on her seat beside Ernesti, but still paying the minimum amount of respect and attention she could give to the teacher.

She was a student after all! "I wonder how the events are going to transpire now that I'm here." Stella muttered as she took a quick glance at the chalkboard and learned everything down to the dust of chalk.

*Flicker*

After the events of surprising everyone in the academy with High-Spells, 3 years had passed boringly for Stella. You could say that the only thing she enjoyed in being a middle schooler is the sparing sessions made available.

The action had made it bearable for her lazy self. "Wahhh…" Stella yawned in tiredness as turned and lied on her back. They were currently lying on the roof of a SK hanger where the mechs are getting maintained.

"The structure of an ether reactor?" Baston asked. "Yes, what they call a magic energy transformer. The engine that forms the core of the Silhouette knight. Without it you can't be the master of a Silhouette Knight!" Ernesti explained.

"Um, why?" Stella asked. "Because knowing you machine down to every atom it has tells that you care for it, you have experience with it, you fought with it, and you survived with it."

"Ugh…" Stella grunted, "I sometimes don't get your philosophical nonsense, Ernie." Ernesti looked at her and replied with, "It's not just nonsense, you know!"

"Anyways, back to the original subject. Sure, that's why the recipe to making it is a national secret." Baston spoke. "Even your father doesn't know?" Ernesti asked.

"Yes, we're just a bunch of low-level blacksmiths. We don't even know where they're made, let alone how." Baston replied. "Hm." Ernesti grumbled. "Are you really planning to create your own unit?"

"Yes. You should already know him enough by now, Baston. He's crazy ambition and love for mechs." Stella answered for Ernesti. "It's been a hundred years since the kingdom's standard unit was introduced."

"And there had been no advancements since then. The Solodreahs we use were designed three centuries ago. You can't just make…" "Don't worry." Ernesti cut Baston off as he continued his own words. "I can."

"Pfft… I know that you are capable but… pfft." Stella stifled her laugh as she shook her head. "Your words alone are not believable you now, you have to prove it."

"I know, and I fully plan to prove myself to everyone that I can." Ernesti replied as Stella stood up and got to the edge of the roof. "Stella! Ernie!" Addy shouted at them as Kid just stood behind her smiling.

The four of them are now 12 years old. "Stella! Ernie! We're about to leave!" Addy shouted excitedly while waving her right hand at them. "Hai, Hai." Stella spoke as she jumped down the 30-meter-high roof and landed on the ground.

Despite such a fall, Stella remained unharmed. It was a new enchantment she made far back then when she was 10. "Feather-Fall." An enchantment that disperses your force from acceleration and gravity into the ground and leave you unharmed.

"Baston, we'll talk about it later." Ernesti spoke as he prepared his two guns on his waist. "Be careful. Even if the high school is protecting you, you're still going up against demon beasts!"

Ernesti nodded as his guns blasted out wind and propelled him off the roof. He landed on the ground with the help of the gusts of wind his guns were proceeding and entered the carriages with Stella, Kid and Addy.

Sounds of metal clanking to the stone beneath the mechanical behemoths rang out with the crisp noise of the engines inside the Silhouette Knights, powering them.

The Laihiala academy of Knight Runners prizes field exercises and combat training. The middle and high school students in the knight curriculum were heading to a forest where relatively small demon beasts live.

"Sheesh, not a single demon beast in sigh. What a boring trip." A haughty voice sounded out one of the Silhouette knights, to be specific, the red one.

"I heard that, D! All you do is whine." Another one rang out, responding to the haughty voice from earlier, one that of a woman. "What's wrong with telling the truth?" [D] answered.

"Helvi, D, knock it off! There's more to training than just combat." A white Silhouette knight in the front responded to the 2's quarrel. "Training for long marches in Silhouette Knights is another goal."

"That's the reason you're the head of the Knight runner class, I guess. You're a cut above the rest like us." D responded.

*Flicker*

"Hahhh! That was so good… I'm full." Kid spoke as he flopped unto the ground. "Wam, wam, wam, wam, wam…" Stella munched on her bread with a cute face on as Addy diverted her attention.

"Kid, your manners are so bad." Addy spoke. "Your groups already finished eating?" A sweet voice asked as all of them except Stella looked up.

It was a high schooler. Blonde colored curled hair, cobalt shaded eyes, and a beauty mark bellow her left eye. "You're fast." She commented at their pace.

"Ah, Sister Steph…""Student council president." Addy, spoke but was quickly cut off by Kid. "Just call me "Big Sister"." Stephania spoke. Ernesti was curious about their relation. I mean, "big sister"?

Stella couldn't care less though. She kept on munching on the bread she brought with her cutely while ignoring her surroundings, nothing shalt disturb her from eating bread!

"Even though we came from different mothers, I can't deny that we're still siblings." Stephania added. She turned her head towards her right and saw Ernesti.

"So you're Ernesti Echevalier?" She asked curtly. "Yes." Ernesti also responded shortly. "There isn't a student that hadn't heard of you. But why do you advance through grades quickly?"

"What is it about Silhouette Knights that makes you want to do that?" Stephania asked. "Everything." Stella, who was quietly munching her bread, let go of it and answered.

"Everything about them. And I mean every single detail. Inscriptions, operating systems, mana absorption, its crystalized strands of muscle fibers, the cold steel chassis covering it. Everything."

"The thrill of the thought of creating one. Just because of his lacking height, we thought that if we couldn't juts change his height why not change other things? I am the one who told him after all. Everything, everything."

Stella took another bite on her bread and looked up to Stephania. "Stellaria Echevalier?" Stephany asked. "Correct. That is my full name. Though I would prefer you to call me by "Stella"."

"You two are quite the odd balls, huh?" Stella went back to munching on her bread as Stephania spoke. "Um, Nee-san…" Addy hesitantly muttered out. "Don't get so scared. I like cute, smart kids, is all."

(A/n: I'm in your criteria! Take me! Fu***** take me!)

"Pedo." Stella quietly muttered so that no one could hear, she even set up a spell. "It's unfortunate, but the third-years have night training." Stephania approached stella and patted her head. "Someday, I hope to really talk to you."

"Uaaagh!" Addy shouted in confusion while blushing. Why was her sister flirting with two 12-year-olds? What's worse, one is a girl! Stephania took off her hand off Stella's head and walked off.

(A/n: LOL, the student council president of one of the, if not the most prestigious academy in the world, flirting with 12-year-olds are normal. She's waiting for them to be ripe, after all~)

Addy, still blushing, hugged Ernesti as hard as she could. He was She's! She even got official permission from Stella. All she had to do was wait until her efforts grow in the future!

"Sorry, Ernie, Stella. I haven't said until now, but we and the student council president have the same father. A marquis named Joachim Selati." Kid spoke in explanation.

"But our mother isn't a noble, Addy and I are, um…" Stella took on last bite and devoured her bread. "Not in the line of succession, right?" She spoke.

"We understand your situation, so what's the plan now?" Ernesti continued. "Plan?" Addy asked. "Do we meet her in combat, ignore her, or ambush her later in the night?"

"Yes, yes. That's right, an ambush…" Kid's mind froze for a second before he threw himself out of his trance. Literally, he threw his body forward to do so. "You're scaring me, Ernie!" Kid shouted.

"If my friends are in trouble, I wouldn't hesitate to help them, I have my own righteous principles… I might be lazy, but I can do anything I want." Stella spoke.

"Yes. We can't just ignore the fact that you in need of help. If you ever are, you could just tell us, you know?" Ernesti spoke.

"I'm really grateful for that, Stella." Addy went over and hugged stella while rubbing her face of Stella's. "Glad to know that, Partner." Kid spoke as he smiled at Ernesti.

*Flicker*

Soft steps rang out as Ernesti stopped and gasped at the sight. "Snap out of it will ya? You're not the only one here." Stella spoke and softly poked Ernesti's side. "Okay, okay."

Ernesti turned his attention back to the Silhouette Knights. "Giant robots are best after all. They bring such peace to the heart. Every family needs one."

"Sure, sure." Stella spoke as she flexed her left arm that was adorned with rings with different design each finger. Wind blasted her up to a large root of the giant oak tree-like tree.

"I heard that the academy's Silhouette Knights are passed down from the military." Ernesti continued his jabber as Stella waited on top of the root looking at him. "You know what, go on with your rambling, I'm bored."

"Wah? You want to finally listen to my rambling?" Ernesti spoke. "Yeah, I got nothing to do here but watch the stars?" Stella answered. "Alright, you know, the white mech."

"Yeah." Stella replied. "I think they academy's Silhouette knight are from the military like I've said before, but this one is so customized that at this point, it's totally different from the base Solodreahs we know."

"The earlcumber's been mine for two years." An older voice rang out as a white haired high-schooler appeared himself. "This is the results of all the repairs and modifications I did."

Stella jumped off the root and bowed to her senior. "Good evening, Edgar. Are you going on a patrol on your own?" Ernesti asked curiously, he was intrigued as to why he doesn't have a partner.

Edgar sighed and explained. "My partner, Dietrich, is being annoying." He turned around and looked at his Silhouette knight. "Do you like Silhouette knights like that too?" Stella asked.

"I don't know." He his head around and answered. "But I guess you could say it that way. This is my weapon, my armor, my irreplaceable partner."

Ernesti nodded his head as he thought about it. "I understand! I can't wait to get a partner of my own myself." Silence ensued as Edgar broke it. "Do the two of you want to get in?"

"Ah, of course. I don't meant piloting it, just riding along inside." He explained. And of course, the two agreed immediately. Stella had never ridden a Silhouette knight besides Fraxinus, after all.

Stella opened the hatch for the three to get in as Ernesti immediately dropped down and got on the seat. He held the controls for the right as he let out a happy noise.

Ernesti tried to step on the controls for the legs, but he couldn't reach them. "I expected it that you wouldn't be able to reach the stirrup." Edgar sighed. "Common, it's Stella's turn."

Ernesti got out of the seat with grief as stella took on the handles, and reached down for the steps, she barely reached them. "Sad… I could only barely reach them at my height."

Even with such disability to reach the steps, Ernesti let out a happy sound. "I'm inside a robot!" Ernesti spoke. "Robot, what's that?" Edgar asked. "Every man's dream!" Ernesti replied as Stella only face palmed.

*Flicker*

Eyes that glew red in the dark of night glew as a large charge of monsters trampled on the ground harshly, it was a great panic. As if, as if they're running away from something… tyrannical.

"Addy wake up, Addy wake up! I don't like this, Addy wake up!" Kid shook Addy to wake her up as Stella opened their tent. "A large stampede of monsters attacked the third-years in their night patrol!"

"First and second years! Leave your things and immediately flee!" A teacher shouted as the students fled in mass panic. "High-school students, advance in your Silhouette Knights! Protect the students."

"Big sister…" Kid muttered, but Stella heard it clearly. "Sensei. I have a request." The teacher sweat dropped. "What is it Echevalier?" The teacher asked.

Stella stood up and walked out of the carriage, "Permission to use my "Armament"?" The teacher gulped. "Yes, you may." Stella ran towards the defending High-Schoolers and spoke. "Emanate, Fraxinus."

A swarm of mana particles burst out to reveal a mech of grand design. Clank! The giant kneeled on the ground and offered a hand. "Get up the ride, Ernesti." Stella spoke.

0