Chapter 15
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MATT

Many people are getting their supplies. Most of them are students who are rushing for the opening of the school.

I look at the contents of the basket and see that Palomilo Blackwing 602, Banish 4-1 eraser, one organizer, a box of Hilot Dr. Grip, and TI-84 Plus are all inside. Looking at them reminds me of the bond paper and photocopy paper. The list on my hand says I need 1 quire each. Where are those?

The sign above me isn't for papers, so I leave the place to the other aisle.

Aisle 9 seems to be the right place according to the signage. On the shelf, I see various packaging of office papers. From Impulse to Technis to Savetocopy to HF to PEY. They even have Kodak. But I don't need any of them. I grab the HF.

Suddenly, a strange figure crosses my line. In front of me, a boy is on tiptoes because he's trying to reach the envelope on the topmost part of the shelf.

I grab his shoulder. "Excuse me. Do you need help?"

"Oh. Yeah. I can really use some help here."

I get the envelope on the topmost shelf and give it to him.

"Here."

"Thanks. What university are you studying?" his husky voice breaks.

"I'm not college yet. Actually, I just arrived a few weeks ago."

"Eh? Don't tell me you're in middle school?"

"I'm a first year high school student."

"But you're still taller than me. And you're more likely to grow more height too."

I flash a smile.

"Anyway, thanks man."

"No problem."

Shortly, he walks from me. This isn't so bad. Talking to new people feels kinda refreshing.

Soon, I find myself standing before two lines. Counter 2 is queued with many people while counter 4 has only one customer lined. I walk toward counter 4.

A boy in a black 3/4s polo stands before me. His hair shines. It's wet from too much styling gel, or maybe, even pomade.

"Thank you very much, sir," the cashier says to him.

"You are very much welcome, mistress."

A voice that seems to be coming from the ground tickles my ears. I flinch. That voice is...

"Excuse me."

The boy looks back. Suddenly, his face becomes red.

"Matt! Y-you surprised me very well," the boy, Jeon, says.

Beads of sweat have dripped from his forehead down to his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just forgot that you're with me," I say.

I place the basket on the counter, and the cashier removes the items I've chosen one by one.

"I thought that you're already waiting outside."

"No. Buying school supplies took me a longer time than I comprehended."

"You should've called me since I know my way in the bookstore."

"Your proposition is truly a great opportunity. Admirable, I have to say, but I do not want to bother you."

"E-excuse me, sir." the cashier talks in a weak English accent.

I avert at her. "Don't worry. I can speak Korean."

"V-very well, sir! The total of your purchase is 16,000 won."

With this, I hand her the credit card already waiting in my hand.

"The price of your expense is costly." Jeon points.

"It is, but it's ok. I'm sure that everything I bought is durable. In the end, no coin is wasted."

"I see that your family is wealthy to be capable to afford all of your expenses."

"My father's just a hard worker."

Arching his eyebrows, the gentle smile he has instantly become a sharp smirk.

"Here are your items, sir."

"Thank you." I take the paper bag.

Turning on my right, my eyes meet Jeon. His icy blue shade feels freezing.

"Are we returning to the dormitory?" he asks. "Maybe you have something in mind that you wish to visit?"

"It's probably better to return because of the curfew, right? It might get us."

"All right then. Let us get going." he starts walking.

I trail behind him. Being in this position gives me an opportunity to observe Jeon's figure. He isn't tall, but his straight posture makes him appear taller than his actual height. The broadness of his shoulders accentuates his entire figure to make it seem he's manly. I poke it.

He flinches. "Wha?!"

Hmm... It's lean.

"Your shoulder's really broad."

He glares. "... You really delight at the sight of me looking astonished, are you not?"

"I'm sorry, alright? It's just I notice the figure of your shoulders."

His face becomes a bit reddish again.

"You must be lifting weights."

"I, I appreciate your compliment, although I need to deny your assumption. I am not attending the gym rather swimming."

"You can swim? For real?"

"What you heard is right. In fact, I am a member of the swimming club during my middle school and the last two years of my grade school."

"That's really great," I say.

I see. This explains why his body is well-built. But isn't swimming a difficult sport. He must really have good self-control for him to be this disciplined.

"Is there anything wrong?" Jeon's voice grazes my left ear.

I gaze directly at him. "I'm just thinking about you," I say.

"W-what are you saying?!"

"Do you always speak very formally? Because it's kinda weird... Not in a bad way of course!"

His face forms creases.

"Because in my 3 weeks with you, I've never heard you saying any slang or informal words."

"I do not mean offense, but is your worry really significant?"

"I'm just curious."

The cool air of the dawn blows onto my skin. On the horizon appears the skyline between the shades of orange, blue, and indigo.

"We're finally out."

"Now, we just need to-"

"Jeon!"

I look at the voice. Approaching us are two teenage boys. One is wearing a sling bag while the other is in baggy clothes.

"Tsk. Look who's here," the one in baggy clothes says.

Jeon suddenly turns pale. Sweat starts to drench his forehead as he averts his eyes from the two of them. What's happening here?

Alright, I need to act nonchalant. I wave my hand.

"Hello guys."

"Oh!" the boy with a sling bag points at me. "Look, think Jeon got a new man."

"A new man? What did you say?"

"You're his boyfriend, aren't you?"

Huh?

I feel a tight grip on my left hand. All of a sudden, a force drags me from my stance.

I pull my hand, but I can't control myself from running.

"Jeon?"

Behind us, the face of the two boys is painted with annoying smirks. They almost turn to laughter. My chest pounds hard, and I feel my skin getting hotter because of that. Those two are bad people.

Despite being pale, Jeon keeps on dragging me. The grip in my hand isn't going loose.

Suddenly, he puffs air heavily.

Huff puff huff puff hah

"Jeon?"

He's panting like a tired dog.

"Jeon?"

It looks like he's not hearing me at all.

The hairs on my skin rise out of nowhere. Looking around, a layer of blue matter is what I see. It's blue, icy blue, and it has the same color of electric currents roaming on the surface.

Crack Bzzz Crack Bzzz

What's this?

I grab him by the arm.

"Jeon!"

0