Chapter 4: Slave and maid
152 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 4: SLAVE AND MAID 

Anne's POV

Sound of whipping is ringing out again and again. I am curling up in one of the corner of this dirty room, cowering in fear. The place I'm in is a slave store. And I'm one of the new slave. Right now, the slave trader is beating all of us and trying to discipline us. I was just a normal village girl and was living my life happily with my father, mother and younger sister. My father was hunter and he sell his prey to neighbouring city to earn money. We often have meat as my father was a hunter where meat was actually a delicacy for most. We sisters were proud of that. Our mother was a very gentle woman. She also work as a craftsman. She craft wooden dolls, leather accessories etc. Dad also sell them to the same city. My little sister was 2 years younger than me. She likes to play pranks and was a very energetic and cheerful girl. All in all, we were a very happy family. But everything was destroyed because of a stupid war. A neighbouring country attacked our village and killed most men and started raping women. They were like hungry beast. My father was killed in the turmoil by three soldiers. And my mother tried her best to stop the  soldiers to reach us and ended up giving her life. When we sisters were trying to run away, my sister Rina was hit by a stray arrow and died. I was in despair. Some soldiers reached me and sold me to a slave merchant. I wasn't even fighting back a little bit. My heart was broken and I was incapable of doing anything. That's how I ended up in this situation

But today is slightly different. Today I meet a prince. I don't know if he is really a prince or not, but by looking at him I can't think of anything other than prince. He asked me a lot of questions, like how I'm i treated here, how many slaves are there, the charector of the slave merchant etc. I was given direction of how to answer this type of questions. And those answers were, 'I'm treated very well and I'm happy with my treatment', 'We can provide any amount dear guest wants', and 'The slave merchant is a generous and magnanimous person'. This all was just a load of bull but I was told to answer like that. But i wasn't able to in front of the prince so I accidentally answer all the questions truthfully. After hearing about the terrible treatment a look of sadness, disgust and rage came to his face. Then gently patted my head even tho he was younger than me and kindly assured me that he will do something for me. I was simply happy by his intention to help but i wasn't expecting anything. But i still replyed with a thank you and i also said that I will be waiting for him. That was nothing but a lip service as I know nothing can be done to those despicable slavers. But contrary to my expectation, this night he actually come to resque me when I was going to whipped to. Obviously, he didn't come to only save me but my other fellow slaves too. He killed the slaver and freed all the slaves. Then he went to other slave stores too and saved a lot more slaves. We all slaves were in disbelief. We can't believe that someone will save us. A lot of them are also suspicious about all these and is thinking of this as a cruel game. But his words dispell of of our doubt. He offered us two option. One to work for him or to live with a little monetary help. All the slaves there choose to follow the first option. We all are greatful to him and wants to somehow return the favour. That's how my pathetic life as a slave ended by my prince with a white horse and my life as my lord's personal maid begin.

Random Bandit's POV

I'm Roulf, a member of 'Crimson Wolf' bandit gang. Tonight we are going to enjoy our life to the fullest. We get some really good catch recently so we all are in high spirit. Tonight I'm going to rape that woman we got recently and I'm going to drink till morning. Hahahaha.

Suddenly there is a sound but I pay it no heed but then an angry voice could be heard. That was voice of one of the lookout dispatched earlier. Then soon all the shouting stopped. I have a very bad feeling about all these. And my premonition came true. There was smell of blood coming from the entrance. Our boss quickly equiped his great axe and shout toward the intruder. To answer his angry shout a little boy about 5 years come from the entrance. Seeing that, boss scorn disdainfully and attacked the boy. But the next moment he was lying on the ground, his throat cut. Noone can believe there eyes. What happened was just so abnormal. A little boy killing a big adult was unthinkable. Then that nightmare begins. All the bandits were killed by that demonic boy and I was the last one to be alive. I tried begging for my life but to no avail. He simply replied "There was a lot victims asking you to leave them be. But you didn't do anything. So I'm also not going show mercy to you." And thus my life ended with a swift slash. 


3