Chapter 9: Time Skip part 1- Becaming an Adventurer
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 CHAPTER 9: TIME SKIP PART 1- BECAMING AN ADVENTURER 

I'm now 10 years old. Yes, it's been 5 years since my last update. A lot of things happened in this last 5 years, so many things that I can write a million books with them. I already had my 10th birthday celebrated. It was another lavish party. 10 year is actually the age when most commoner children start there life as apprentice or adventurers. It is also the age when a noble child starts going to school for studies. The educational system of this world is not very good but that's just in the field of knowledge. Even commoners knows how to read. And only very few from the remote village don't know how to read. But that doesn't mean the commoner's are knowledgeable. There is actually 2 types of language. One for the common people which is easy to study. And another for the nobles and it's magic language. Anyone without magic can't read this language. This language is actually used most for governmental work. So anyone without the ability to read magic language can't get a government job. The nobles can still read and write common language but the commoner can't understand the magic language. Beastpersons have their own language known as beast language which in turn a person with exceptional physical ability can understand. Dragon language is the highest order language which only a person with very high fighting strength can understand. 

You can also register with the adventure's guild when you're 10 years old. As I have came to a another world I can't give up the chance to became an adventurer. So I did register with the adventure's guild. The trope, yes it did happened. I obviously went to the guild not as a noble but as a common people. In this world if you have great mana, you just can't mean shrug it off, because that means you're a illegitimate child of a noble or something of that degree as most commoner doesn't have mana. So I disguised my status and showed that I have a skill. The only way a commoner can have great strength is by having strong skills. Skill users were not hereditary but kinda random. So there was a good number of commoners who were skill user. There number was less then the number of nobles but the number of noble was extremely high actually. There was a lot of less useful or completely useless and skills too. So, the rare bunch was the persons who have useful and strong skills. As I was resistering with a cute receptionist I was getting many scornful gaze and some glares but nobody started anything so far. The receptionist was actually a very good person. It was not uncommon for a 10 years old to register as an adventurer. She first ask me to fill a form first. There was blanks for name, job, age etc. Job here is not something decided and written in your status but something someone himself decided themselves. Someone can even have several jobs if he is confident. Guild don't check every person for the verification of the job because it's there own responsibility. But they do check someone who have a lot of jobs or have some kind of weird job. That is important because if not checked they can endangered other adventurer. I have made a decision about me becaming an adventurer. I am too strong. It's not ungrounded pride or anything but hard fact. So, in my adventures I'm only going to use one single type of weapon and I will master that weapon using practical battle. I'm not comfortable mastering every weapon only using my <Ultimate Warrior> skill. I can choose the commonest of all common weapon, a sword. But the art of sword is already quite developed in this world. Same goes for most common weapon. And any weapon art which are already very developed will not be much contributed by my try. So, I was kinda forced to choose an unusual weapon. The weapon I choose was a scythe. Yes, it was not very practical weapon so it was not a famous weapon and the development in this weapon art was negligible. I was used a huge scythe instead of normal sized scythe. It was very heavy and it was also one of my best creation with a lot of enchantments. And my job was scythe master. Then she told me to put my hand on a crystal ball. It was a status reading ball. It can't completely read the status and give you details like strong appraisal type skill but it can still give you a idea of the general strength of the person and also can determine the validity of the information in the form to a certain degree. I can completely fool this tool using my superior <Akashic Record>. Then she gave me an explanation about the guild itself. There are fields and dungeons in this world. Those places are the habitat of monsters. Sometimes if the population of those places increase too much there is always a monster outbrake. So it was important to thin the number of Monster periodically. And this was one of the most important job for adventurers. They also did other works like guarding, collection, investigation of ruins and many more type of jobs. There is a ranking system in place for the adventurers. They goes in increasing order Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Mithril, Adamantite, Orichalcum. Orichalcum ranked adventurers are of legendary status and almost noone can get to this rank. The most commonplace rank was copper and iron ranks. Almost 60% of all adventurer were of this rank. Silver ranks are known as veteran adventurers and gold rankers are very experienced veteran. Platinum ranks are known to reach the very limit of mortal growth and are top among the tops. Adventures of last three ranked are said to exceed the limit and are as strong as a whole army. Monsters are also divided into several ranks. Those are Harmless, Harmful, Less Dangerous, Great Dangerous, Extremely Dangerous, Hazardous, Disaster, Catastrophe, Calamity, Apocalypse. You need several Orichalcum ranked adventurers to fight a single Catastrophe class monster and Calamity and Apocalypse class are off limits for any one. Calamity class can destroy several nations and a Apocalypse class can even destroy the whole world. Tor is an Apocalypse class so you can understand how insane that is and how insane I really am. Yeah, insanely powerful. 

That's how I finished my registration without any trouble but I got into one instantly after the completion. Some rough looking men came toward me. 

"Hey kiddo, you got some good gear right there . I guess you're from a wealthy family or something. Hey, come help your seniors a bit in exchange we will show you the ropes. Hehe, you must have a starting fund. Give us that and we will make you a decent adventurers."(Grom)

 Those all people were iron ranked. So I guess they were able to rise up a rank and are getting ahead of themselves. It was the general area and no other adventurers were going to intervene in others business. I was wearing decent clothes so I guess they want to wring me dry for all I worth. I'm obviously going to follow the trope and beat them up. And I can also see that they are scum as humans. They have already killed some rookies too. 

"I don't need help of weaklings like you. So, mind your own business."(Leon)

 I replied curtly. They were livid just by this. One person came swing his hand. I sidestep and avoid it and hit him in his jaw and made him faint. Then I didn't give time to other and attacked them. They were nowhere near the level where I need to even use my weapon. I made all of them faint in moments and leave the guild after writing a warning for them. That warning was for other adventurers too. I don't want any other rookies to die in vain by the hand of this sort of scum. That's how I registered as an adventurer. 

3