Chapter 8
170 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was one thing good about all this, I decided to speak to one person…And that was the person that was green in my eyes.

The problem was, the first idea that I thought that he was a spy, and was one of Rexxie’s men, had been wrong…He was a Shifter of this pack, the ‘Light Exalted Pack’, from the very beginning!

Making my words immature and childish, the boy didn’t make a big thing of it, for which I was glad.

We never really had too much time to talk, because I was always simply too busy with ‘chores’, but over a few times of being a ‘cutie pie’ or whatnot, I was able to get into his good books and he was willing to tell me things!

He honestly thought I wasn’t listening, as I would play with his shoe lace or his buttons, but I paid a great deal of attention to whatever he said, which filled me in a great deal about what was going on here…

 

I found out that this pack used to be royalty, well ‘used to’ is probably not the right way to say it...The Light Exalted Pack was still royalty, it just wasn’t the one sitting upon the ‘throne’ right now. There was approximately two hundred in the pack, in which had astounded me very much, as I didn’t think it was that big! Apparently though, this boy’s mother was on a mission and his elder sister was also on a completely different mission, that led them both out of the pack…So, I guessed that quite a number of their pack was not here at the moment…

I wanted to know what the missing members were up to, but didn’t want to ask and show them that they may be right and that I was aged beyond my years…So, I was in the dark upon what they could be doing…

They still had the last King, and that was the ‘Alpha’…Which happened to be Rexxie’s cousin…

He had been trying to get his throne back all this time but when his mate got pregnant, things turned more drastic and they had put in all their efforts to get me, so that they would have a big advantage over Rexxie!

So not cool!

Without being told the whole story, I was already biased against this Alpha, as he was cold blooded and selfish.

Without a doubt, I was sure that he was kicked off his throne from a whole bunch of good guys, stating that he was not someone fit or worthy of looking after us shifters!

 

 

Over a space of another week, of grudgingly accepting my torturous chores and training, I found out more information about this so-called Light Exalted Pack!

It was the fathers of both Rexxie and this Alpha ‘Mallick’ that were brothers, and that was how they were related. Alpha Mallick’s father was younger but had found a mate that was a Beta. While on the other hand, Rexxie’s father had been mated with a human and did not want to fight for the throne…Yet, I was not told the reason why…

When the two brother’s father had died, he had bestowed the title of King upon Rexxie’s father, but with a threat and possibly something that I wasn’t told as well, Alpha Mallick’s father took the throne by force and had become the King of Shifters instead.

Afterwards…Well I don’t know what happened, but Alpha Mallick, who had been King for about twenty years, had been forced off the throne…Which I think was karma and laughed at him wholeheartedly in my head…But since then, Rexxie’s father had taken the throne from Alpha Mallick and then given the throne to Rexxie…

I think I missed out on a lot of gossip but that was all I got out of hearing everything and trying to put everything together…

I could thank the lucky stars for this boy, named Pete, who told me most of this.

I wasn’t sure if he meant to tell me or wasn’t fully there in the head, but his contribution really did help, and I hoped to come back for him when I left this pack.

Some other details were from listening to what others stated but since I’ve had time to piece this information together, this was how I thought the story went…I suppose I could be wrong and placed the wrong information in somewhere, but the most valued point was…They were obviously wanting the throne back!

 

Anyway, this stupid pack is against stuff like human mates and omegas for some reason and they are building up their army and wanting what they call ‘retribution’ and what they ‘deserve’.

I call one big bag of bullshit!

They are greedy bastards that only think of themselves and want the best of everything! And there you have it, the antagonist of a book…I mean life…Or whatever this is!

So, the villain has indeed showed themselves uh!?

After finding this out, I did notice that there was not one omega here that was happy like the rest of the other bastards. As it was, there was probably six all up, and that was including myself…

They were all like me and working all the time, doing all the shitty work, while the others just dicked around and twiddled their thumbs!

Bastards!

Omega’s are great!

Yet…I seemed to be the only omega here that thought this…It was strange, because the omegas here had red, yet I think it was because they hated this pack or something. They must be angry, so I guess I should just stay away from them, just in case they lash out their anger out on me…

 

On the other hand, there was not one human here. I heard someone had been mated to one, but they had dismissed the bond completely and had marked one of the female shifters here instead.

I don’t know how they did it!

For me to have to say no to Rexxie and find someone else would pain me to no end and I really did wonder how much hatred they had for humans to think that this type of union was no good.

What was so bad about human’s anyway!?

I was human once and…Well, I suppose I can’t really go into much about it because I hadn’t been on this planet at the time…

Remembering seeing a couple of humans within the place that Rexxie stayed, I was starting to wonder which one was normal or not…Even the pack, that my new mum came from, hadn’t had very many humans and had treated omega’s like crap…

But, since I didn’t know what was normal, I still didn’t care. People…I mean shifters who can just dismiss someone because they were born into a different status were the ones missing out!

I happen to be an omega and feel absolutely special to be with my destined mate. If others want to forgo their destined mate, isn’t it their loss!?

Blah, wouldn’t the world be boring if everyone was the same anyway!?

Why can’t they think better of the situation instead of being immature!?

After that, I no longer worried that this pack was only for beta’s and alpha’s…At least for now…

 

Anyway, there was something else that I had decided this week too, and that was the fact of taking advantage of this ‘training’ to get stronger!

Of course, at first, I was against it, especially with this two-year-old body! But in just a few days, I came to realize that I needed this training! I needed to be someone that was strong enough to run away!

I still was that same person that didn’t think ‘what if’ this and ‘what if’ that, and if I had a problem, I would solve it! And this was me, dealing with the situation at hand. That, even if I found a way to escape, I’d need to be strong enough to leave! Who knows how long I’d have to run for, or who knows how long I’d have to hide! I needed to keep that in mind with each groaning push or hit that I receive and with each breath that I have trouble to take in, due to exhaustion!

Yes, I must get back to Rexxie, at all costs! Who knows how much longer he can go on without me! He needs me!

…And thinking like this was a really a good help, making me work extremely hard!

 

The recent gossip was that it’s been said that ‘they’ are looking for me, but it seems they haven’t been able to find me yet. When I say ‘they’, I guess the shifters meant Rexxie and his pack were looking for me…Man, I should probably find out what Rexxie’s pack is called…

I honestly could not recall his pack name being used, most of the time it was ‘His Majesty’ and what not…Now that I think back, did Rexxie’s pack even have a name?

Ah! How could I not know the name of my pack! Aren’t I the Queen!?

Uh, they’ll understand, I’m only two! Right, just a little squirt, yes…And well, I’m so lovable that whoever they are, they probably miss me terribly! Even that girl I peed on! Oh…And that funny man by Rexxie’s side who gives me glares, he must miss me too!

And dam right! So, they should!

Yet, at the same time, I was worried…It’s going to be obvious, now that they were looking for me, that I meant something to Rexxie, and it would give this Alpha Mallick more ammunition against his enemy…

I could only sigh to feeling completely special yet feeling at a loss at the same time!

 

I’ve also come to realize that being apart from my mate hurts just like the first day. That strange, unexplainable pain never goes away…

I’d have trouble sleeping and would dream about him, only to wake and realize that he wasn’t anywhere close to being by my side. The dull ache never let up and I was constantly trying to not let it show, but sometimes, I was really down in the dumps!

I hadn’t smelt his great smell for ages, nor felt his arms around me, making me hate the feeling of being insecure. Reading those books had only been the ice above water, or however you say it…

What was he doing right now? That was the most common question in my mind. Was he eating properly? Was he safe? Did he miss the lovable me?

Of course, he misses me! But then, who wouldn’t!?

I know it sounds bad and all, but missing my new mother and father paled in comparison to missing my dearest Rexxie…

It probably hadn’t helped that I’ve had a mother and father before, but really, Rexxie was my jam, my rock, my life…How could I place the same importance over my new parents!? My heart would probably break from being packed too much, if that happened!

Plus, I can hardly take the loss of my mate by my side, how the hell would I feel if I felt this way towards my new mum and dad as well!

So…I didn’t feel bad after thinking this…Yet, it didn’t change my circumstance at all…I still missed my dear Rexxie like there was no tomorrow!

 

I also got to meet this ‘Tangie’ fella too. He was Alpha Mallick’s Beta, and second in command, and he was all for the dreams of the pack!

I was…Utterly surrounded by idiots…

If they died right now, would they regret thinking and wanting so much ‘retribution’?

…Probably not…Because when you’re dead…Well, I meant when you see your life flash before your eyes just before it, would they regret it then?

I was never in the place of wanting revenge, even when I was run over in my past life on earth. I really don’t get it…

If everyone wanted revenge over what took their loved one’s lives…Wow, I can’t imagine it…

I was entertained for a whole day picturing these types of events! Instead of people getting revenge with people, I instead went to objects, like that of cars or bullets. People getting revenge with a fist, sounded a lot better than getting revenge with the person behind it.

Oh well, after that I was back to keeping my eyes opened and trying to keep my mouth shut, waiting and biding my time for getting out of there!

6